The Real Wizard
Deity: 18635 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Aug 12, 16:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen
Sapporo, Japan
Makomanai Indoor Stadium
May 6, 1979

With all the Adam Lambert recordings making the rounds, remember how Queen used to have that guy called Freddie Mercury pouncing around with them?

This is the classic Jazz Final bootleg with a couple changes made - It's Late is moved to its proper spot, and the speed is corrected.

Someone on Dime mentioned this version, but I doubt it could be seeded there because of the CDR gens. It's probably two or three CDR gens from the silvers before the editing took place, and I created it years before FLAC was the norm, so I burned it to another CDR and deleted the WAV files. It sounds absolutely no different, but that's the way they run their ship. I certainly won't invent lineage to get past the red tape, so if this is going to be on Dime someone's going to have to find the silvers and do the same job I did.

"Jazz Final" silvers > CDR (x) > WAV (GoldWave pitch/speed correction, It's Late relocated) > CDR (0) > WAV > FLAC level 8

Disc 1:

1) We Will Rock You (slow)
2) We Will Rock You (fast)
3) Let Me Entertain You
4) Somebody To Love
5) If You Can't Beat Them
6) Death On Two Legs
7) Killer Queen
8) Bicycle Race
9) I'm In Love With My Car
10) Get Down Make Love
11) You're My Best Friend
12) Now I'm Here
13) Teo Torriatte
14) Don't Stop Me Now
15) Dreamers Ball
16) Love Of My Life
17) '39
18) It's Late

Disc 2:

1) Fat Bottomed Girls
2) Brighton Rock
3) Keep Yourself Alive
4) Bohemian Rhapsody
5) Tie Your Mother Down
6) Jailhouse Rock
7) Sheer Heart Attack
8) We Will Rock You
9) We Are The Champions
10) God Save The Queen

http://www.embedupload.com/?d=3PMZMBYZDA
http://www.embedupload.com/?d=5HIHNBGWGJ

Enjoy, and convert to lossy only for your own (ab)use!

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
MDNA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 449 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 12, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If no better copy is available, they will probably allow it. They are not as picky with lineage as TTD for example.

What is not tolerated are digital > analog > digital conversions.

If you don't want to to risk a ban just e-mail the mods and ask before uploading. It's a good way to leave a good impression on them :)

Marknow user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hello
Marknow
Deity: 2878 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 12, 16:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie who?

I love u Adam!!!! :-)

Thanks Bob.

Arse.

ShortSharpShock user not visiting Queenzone.com
(Dedicated to ...
ShortSharpShock
Champion: 70 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 12, 17:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you so much for sharing this!
This time you made my day!

This was something I had on my 'doing it myself list', but never found time or mood to do it.

Also, if there is any interest for a first gen copy of this bootleg, please let me know. I have the original CD bootleg, and I'll be happy to share it. Although I always thought this was shared here on QueenZone many years ago.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard

Posted: 24 Aug 12, 18:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ShortSharpShock wrote:
Thank you so much for sharing this!
This time you made my day!

Ahh, fantastic ! The world evens itself out.

A direct rip of the silvers is actually available here:

http://www.queenzone.com/forums/1201197/announce-as-torrent-sapporo-jazz-final-6-may-1979.aspx

The sound quality is absolutely no different, so if someone would do the alternations on that, it would really just be for the purists who really need to eliminate those CDR gens.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

The Real Wizard

Posted: 24 Aug 12, 18:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MDNA wrote:
If no better copy is available, they will probably allow it. They are not as picky with lineage as TTD for example.

If you don't want to to risk a ban just e-mail the mods and ask before uploading. It's a good way to leave a good impression on them :)

I've got a firewalling issue there, so my upload speeds are pretty poor (although my ratio is still somehow above 1). But someone else is welcome to seed it there.

I doubt you'd get banned for that. Worst case scenario the torrent would just be pulled.

GuitarMay user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ainda vale a pena viver !?
GuitarMay
Bohemian: 990 posts

Posted: 24 Aug 12, 19:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Many thanks Bob for the work and share in this boot !

sorry for my bad english...

Keep QUEEN alive, yeah :-)

Viva o CLUBE ATLÉTICO MINEIRO (GALO)

Campeão da Copa Libertadores 2013 da Recopa Sul-Americana 2014 & agora Campeão da Copa do Brasil 2014
bootLuca user not visiting Queenzone.com
bootLuca
Royalty: 1186 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 12, 01:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thank you for sharing this version!

I don't remember very well, but it's late was not recorded the night before from the rest of the bootleg?

thefallenqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
thefallenqueen
Bohemian: 699 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 12, 01:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MDNA wrote:

leave a good impression on them? don't be ridiculous the old moustache would say! Is there any need to share every QZ recording on dime as well? Thanks for your work Bob, the speed issue was very annoying but I don't have the skills and time to do these fixing things - so I'm really looking forward to listen to your version, thanks!

vivaqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
vivaqueen
Bohemian: 782 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 12, 03:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MERCI BEAUCOUP

Harry_queenrecordings user not visiting Queenzone.com
Harry_queenrecordings
Bohemian: 594 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 12, 03:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you Bob for your share!
Jazz Final was just the second bootleg silver I ever bought many years ago.
Very nice memories.

It's A Beautiful Day...

http://www.queenrecordings.com
bokkepoot user not visiting Queenzone.com
bokkepoot
Royalty: 1941 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 12, 04:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Bob, for this nice share.

Masahiko user not visiting Queenzone.com
Masahiko
Bohemian: 544 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 12, 05:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much Bob, for this nice work and share.

Posted: 25 Aug 12, 05:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thefallenqueen wrote:
MDNA wrote:

leave a good impression on them? don't be ridiculous the old moustache would say! Is there any need to share every QZ recording on dime as well?

I wasn't aware that these where "Queenzone recordings". Anyway, not everyone knows about Queenzone, or care enough to try and search for something in here. Although just about anything can be found in this forum, finding it can be a pain in the but, sometimes even with the help of Queenconcerts or bokkepot's archive. Some people don't like downloading from file sharing services, as it is a lot easyer to download something harmful, or being tricked into downloading something you don't want.

When I said it was a good way of leaving a good impression, i meant the act of asking before uploading, not the uploading itself. Like I said once before, Dime's mods are a group of volunteers, donating their time for free. If others members take some time to help them their job becomes a lot easyer.

Gaabiizz user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Invisible Man
Gaabiizz
Bohemian: 937 posts

brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2236 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 12, 10:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haha Bob!
You DON'T need to invent lineage to get past Dime.
On the one hand they are unbelievably strict to the point of stupidity, but on the other hand they are unbelievably stupid and quite happily allow lineages that simply say "I have no lineage. I got it in a trade some years back...."

Posted: 25 Aug 12, 10:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brians wig wrote:
Haha Bob!
You DON'T need to invent lineage to get past Dime.
On the one hand they are unbelievably strict to the point of stupidity, but on the other hand they are unbelievably stupid and quite happily allow lineages that simply say "I have no lineage. I got it in a trade some years back...."

You try and do their job for a day, FOR FREE, and see how well you do. You just show you haven't a clue what they have to put up with every day.

Yes, filesets with no lineage are alowed, but as soon as a new version with proper lineage apears, they are pulled.
They relax the rules when they can are are strict when they have to be.

The Real Wizard

Posted: 25 Aug 12, 11:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bootLuca wrote:

thank you for sharing this version!

I don't remember very well, but it's late was not recorded the night before from the rest of the bootleg?

Naturally it's impossible to know, but the sound quality is identical. Same taper, location, EQ, everything. So I'm inclined to believe it's from the same show.

But of course, I could be wrong. Until a complete non-bootleg source of either night pops up, we can't be 100% sure .. !

For instance, imagine if only the first night in Osaka came out with Teo Torriatte from the second night as a bonus track labeled accordingly. We may have similarly thought it was from the first night ... it's the same taper with the same gear, etc.

So go ahead and accuse me of telling revisionist history ... but it's just a hypothesis and I'm sticking to it. :-)

The Real Wizard

Posted: 25 Aug 12, 11:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thefallenqueen wrote:
Is there any need to share every QZ recording on dime as well?

Certainly not. But this version of the Sapporo show was specifically mentioned in a recent thread where the silvers were seeded, so I thought it'd be a good idea to get it up there.

But it's not a bad idea to bring all the *good-sounding* Queen shows there. For many years, Queen recordings have been notorious for sounding bad because Queen collectors didn't start to actively seek and spread low-gen audience tapes until a few years ago. So it wouldn't hurt to get the high quality tapes over there for the Queen crowd to enjoy.

GinjaNinja user not visiting Queenzone.com
GinjaNinja
Bohemian: 654 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 12, 12:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Bob, great work! :)

Property Of Queen Productions...