Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Legendary Queen Frontman Freddie Mercury To Become an Angry Bird To Celebra

forum rss feed
Author

mickyparise user not visiting Queenzone.com
mickyparise
Bohemian: 787 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Sep 12, 20:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie For A Day & Rovio Announce Unique Partnership
By Rovio Entertainment
Published: Sunday, Sep. 2, 2012 - 4:08 pm
BURBANK, Calif., Sept. 2, 2012 -- /PRNewswire/ -- Freddie For A Day and Rovio Entertainment are proud to announce a unique and innovative partnership that sees the most iconic Rock'n'Roll frontman of all time, Freddie Mercury, become an honorary member of the Angry Birds family.

(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120902/LA66764)

To start the week in which Freddie's memory is celebrated with Freddie For A Day on his birthday, September 5, this coming Monday, September 3 the creators of Angry Birds are releasing an all-new animation of Freddie the Angry Bird riding his bicycle to the famous Queen track "Bicycle Race." The video will be made available on Rovio's YouTube channel / http://rov.io/AngryBirdsFreddieForADay September 3 at 5:00am PT / 8:00am ET. **Note, this link will not go live until that time.

Monday will also see a special Freddie For A Day fundraising evening hosted by Queen members Brian May and Roger Taylor at which, for the second year, friends and celebs will gather in London at the Savoy in Freddie's honor, to remember him and raise funds for the Mercury Phoenix Trust - Fighting Aids Worldwide.

To raise additional awareness for the Mercury Phoenix Trust, Angry Birds in partnership with Bravado will be releasing a limited-edition Freddie Mercury Angry Bird T-shirt which will be made available from the Angry Birds and Bravado webstores. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Mercury Phoenix Trust. T-shirt numbers are limited so don't miss your chance to be part of Freddie Mercury history.

On the partnership Rovio CMO Peter Vesterbacka said,

"'Freddie for a Day is such a great way to honor Freddie's fun and flamboyant spirit while delivering an important message, and we're delighted to be supporting them in our own Angry Birds style. Queen's music has endured for a reason, because its creativity and contagious fun appeals to fans of all ages, and we're happy to help keep Freddie's memory and music alive for new generations of fans."

Now into its third year, Freddie For A Day, the worldwide marker of the life and legend of the late, great Freddie Mercury timed around his birth date, is gearing up to once again turn us into a Globe of moustaches for a day while raising funds to combat AIDS which claimed Freddie in 1991. Globally Freddie For A Day is celebrated on September 5th, the late great Freddie's birthday.

The partnership between Freddie For A Day and Rovio Entertainment is the latest in a series of ventures that have been set up globally by the Freddie For A Day team. 2011 saw Google create the Freddie Mercury Google Doodle whilst a large number of celebrities and brands have all lent their support to celebrating the life of Freddie.

It doesn't take being famous to be a part in Freddie For A Day. All you need to decide is whether you are bold enough to go for a full sparkly body leotard, head-to-toe PVC biker leathers, or simply to stick with aviator sunglasses and of course.... that 'stache! Comic Relief has the red nose, Freddie For A Day has the famous bristles.

www.freddieforaday.com

www.queenonline.com

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/09/02/4781012/legendary-queen-frontman-freddie.html

R.I.P. PRINCESS

Living Life on Life's Terms
Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 12, 00:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If I recall correctly, Brian does like Angry Birds a lot. He was mad because the new version required you to pay money to use a special attack that was more often than not necessary to beat the level. He ranted about it in his Soapbox but it was clear that he enjoyed playing the game.

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 12, 04:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wonder if there is any line QPL would not cross abusing the legacy of Freddie Mercury. Apparently, Freddie was a yellow jacket and a moustache and you can put these two on any stupid gimmick. Now an angry "Freddie" bird after the bizzare "Freddie lion".

Looks like charity is the excuse for any grotesque publicity stunt. I have not seen anything similar happen to the memory of Jimi Hendrix or Jim Morrison. Strangely, their music has endured as well.

I do not want any google ads here.

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 12, 04:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is sick, disturbing and pathetic. Almost as much as the post(er) directly above me.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

dave76 user not visiting Queenzone.com
dave76
Bohemian: 573 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 12, 05:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shame what they do with Fred's legacy. Everything and anything to get money out of. So sad!

tomchristie22 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Because the wind is high
tomchristie22
Deity: 2149 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 12, 06:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It would annoy me less if they didn't push the IMAGE of Freddie (mustache and yellow jacket as YourValentine said). His beautiful music and personality almost seem to be in second place to a costume he wore for less than 20 concerts in 1986.

princetom user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 12, 08:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wtf ?

i mean: DAFUQ!

cannot be serious, can it ?
huh ?

prince[tOM]
mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 3668 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 12, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is ACE!!!

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 12, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm pretty sure Freddie would love it, because Angry Birds was his favourite Android game

Arnaldo "Ogre-" Silveira user not visiting Queenzone.com
Arnaldo
Deity: 2258 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 12, 16:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:
I'm pretty sure Freddie would love it, because Angry Birds was his favourite Android game

LOL

Keep Passing the Open Windows
brunogorski user not visiting Queenzone.com
Is this the real Bruno Gorski?
brunogorski
Bohemian: 569 posts

Posted: 03 Sep 12, 17:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HAHAHAHAHA! /\

Because the wind is high
tomchristie22

Posted: 04 Sep 12, 01:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is it true that he wrote Ogre Battle while on the toilet playing Angry Birds?

Rubbersuit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 331 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 12, 10:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The first draft of the Night at the Opera cover had an angry bird in the logo. John convinced him to change it to a swan.

Missreclusive user not visiting Queenzone.com
Missreclusive
Bohemian: 666 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 12, 14:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL

Fireplace user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 889 posts

Posted: 04 Sep 12, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tomchristie22 wrote: Is it true that he wrote Ogre Battle while on the toilet playing Angry Birds?

No, Ogre Battle is about his struggle with AIDS. John Deacon was the big Angry Birds fan in Queen, hence Spread Your Wings.

BelfastQueenFan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 04 Sep 12, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tomchristie22 wrote:
It would annoy me less if they didn't push the IMAGE of Freddie (mustache and yellow jacket as YourValentine said). His beautiful music and personality almost seem to be in second place to a costume he wore for less than 20 concerts in 1986.

Remember, Brian likes to pretend Queen didnt exist before 1980.

Because the wind is high
tomchristie22

Posted: 05 Sep 12, 07:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BelfastQueenFan wrote:
tomchristie22 wrote:

Remember, Brian likes to pretend Queen didnt exist before 1980.

EDIT: This is what the wonderful forum did to my post. Couldn't be arsed to fix it

Ghostwithasmile is BACK! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ghostwithasmile is BACK!
Bohemian: 940 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 12, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why the hell is in the angry birds freddie for a day video Adam Lambert shown as a green pig?