Forums > Personal > Supertramp blu ray paris release causes dispute

forum rss feed

Panchgani user not visiting
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Deity: 6342 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Sep 12, 22:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wish someone could sneak behind Brian's back and release archive material before I die.

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll:

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
Micrówave user not visiting
Delilah, on Medium Power
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Sep 12, 10:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The response from Eagle Rock & Supertramp Partnership:

To whom it may concern,

The Supertramp Partnership owns the film of their 1979 Paris concert. It has entered into a contract with Eagle Rock Entertainment to release the dvd and blu ray of the concert. Eagle has been granted the appropriate licence from MCPS* to release this product. At this time there are

no plans to release in USA and Canada, nor for a theatrical release as we have not received an approved synch licence from the two songwriters.

Roger Hodgson has been aware of the contract with Eagle. He has been sent the edits and sound mixes of the film throughout the editing and mixing process up to and including the final edit. At no time has he expressed any grievances with the edit or the sound mix. He has seen and approved the front cover artwork. If there are issues regarding the Supertramp approved photos or text he should specify where the problems lie and Eagle and the Supertramp partnership will address them.

The Supertramp partnership and Eagle are proud to present this film of the band at the height of their career. The only sad thing is that it is not the full concert and doesn't include more of Rick Davies as there is no visual recording of five of the songs, four of which are Rick's and one of Roger's. We have tried to compensate for this by including them as bonus material supported by visual images.

We have a great film here with superb sound. It's Supertramp live in 1979, no more no less.

The Supertramp Partnership and Eagle Rock Entertainment.