Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Hungarian Rhapsody release!

forum rss feed
Author

kruh user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 76 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Sep 12, 07:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hungarian Rhapsody release!

Is not this enough?

How long are we going to tolerate?

Why is it always the same thing from the eighties, the same songs all seen a hundred times already? Why not issue something from the seventies such as Live at the Hyde Park 76 or Boston 76 or something like.

I can not believe the same thing again. The next year, probably Live Queen + Adam Lambert.

Greetings!

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 12, 10:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We are getting the FULL audio release too, that's a new one

Posted: 19 Sep 12, 10:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ha, ha but where are the stuff from the seventies?

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 12, 10:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You Tube

Posted: 19 Sep 12, 11:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

On youtoubu can also be found Hungarian Rhapsody.

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 12, 12:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So don't buy it. I know I won't.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Posted: 19 Sep 12, 12:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's right, you're exactly right. But still the question remains why there is no stuff from the seventies.

Definitely would not buy it.

Gaabiizz user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Invisible Man
Gaabiizz
Bohemian: 937 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 12, 14:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not is the complete concert in dvd , another disappointment

Battler user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 86 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 12, 14:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gaabiizz wrote:

Maybe because they don't have the complete footage? Blame Mafilm (the Hungarian state film company for that).
They're releasing this concert as completely as they can which with the material they have, is the cut video on DVD and Blu-ray + the full audio on 2 CD's.

As for the '70's stuff, I thought they announced Live at the Rainbow coming next year? Or was I hallucinating? Plus I'm sure they're planning to release Hammersmith '75 too, they have it remastered already, so it's very possible.

Gaabiizz user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Invisible Man
Gaabiizz
Bohemian: 937 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 12, 14:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Battler wrote:
Gaabiizz wrote:

Maybe because they don't have the complete footage? Blame Mafilm (the Hungarian state film company for that).
They're releasing this concert as completely as they can which with the material they have, is the cut video on DVD and Blu-ray + the full audio on 2 CD's.
As for the '70's stuff, I thought they announced Live at the Rainbow coming next year? Or was I hallucinating? Plus I'm sure they're planning to release Hammersmith '75 too, they have it remastered already, so it's very possible.

No, in some years, Budapest again be released in full

MERQRY user not visiting Queenzone.com
MERQRY
Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 12, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gaabiizz wrote:
Battler wrote:
Gaabiizz wrote:

No, in some years, Budapest again be released in full

What part of "Masterplan DELETED the remain footage" didn´t you understand? sorry gabi but if they haven´t the complete gig they can´t release full...
Te lo traduzco por las dudas: ellos NO tienen el concierto completo porque el director original borró varias partes hace muchos años cuando lo lanzaron en vhs; así que por más que ellos quieras no van a poder lanzarlo completo nunca.

"I will destroy any man who dares abuse my trust" Freddie Mercury
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 12, 17:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He can't speak English. Stop trying.

For anyone who can read and comprehend English:

The Hungarian government filmed the show, and discarded all the footage that didn't make it past the cutting room floor for the 1987 VHS release. So it has been gone for decades.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Jimmy Dean user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 488 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 12, 22:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's all fine and dandy... but, guys, guys... where is the stuff from the 70s???

Why isn't anyone acknowledging the pink elephant in the virtual forum?

Come on people!

(lol)

Missreclusive user not visiting Queenzone.com
Missreclusive
Bohemian: 666 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 12, 22:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope for Hammersmith 75.

Bo Alex user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bo Alex
Bohemian: 494 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 12, 23:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First of all, sorry for my poor English.

Why did Queen have to collaborate with film crews, directors or TV stations that always lose or throw away the filmed material?

1) BBC turned off the cameras during the last songs in Hammy 75.

2) The Argentinian TV station that filmed a gig in Buenos Aires lost the mastertapes. All we got is that old edition with those terrible channel logo and titles. Why the fuck you don't keep the tapes of an historic event??? (First big rock band playing in a stadium in Argentina, probably in the peak of their popularity).

3) The people who film and edited the concert in Montreal discarded all the filmed material (of both nights) that they didn't use for the original edition.

4)Budapest: I always thought that they would have the complete filmed material, the complete tapes from the 18 different cameras or so.

There's for sure more examples that I forgot. Queen Productions usually stumbles twice on the same stone.

A man who learnt how to teach, but forgot how to learn.

A la grande le puse cuca!!
Bo Alex user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bo Alex
Bohemian: 494 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 12, 23:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Real Wizard wrote:
He can't speak English. Stop trying.

Also, you can't speak Spanish apparently. MERQRY translated for him the little bit that he couldn't understand.

(I've got no intention of arguing. Just saying.)

Cheers!!

A man who learnt how to teach, but forgot how to learn.

A la grande le puse cuca!!

Posted: 20 Sep 12, 00:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rainbow and Hammersmith, this has long been talk but nothing. Why not Hyde Park 76, or something else with a better setlist. Perhaps the reason lies in the fact that the record company afraid of doing something like this,as songs from the first three albums are not as well known to a wide audience. But things from the seventies are definitely primal and it is sad that we do not have something from that period.
Thank God for some bootlegs like Boston 76 or Houston 77.

MERQRY user not visiting Queenzone.com
MERQRY
Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 12, 00:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kruh wrote:
Rainbow and Hammersmith, this has long been talk but nothing. Why not Hyde Park 76, or something else with a better setlist. Perhaps the reason lies in the fact that the record company afraid of doing something like this,as songs from the first three albums are not as well known to a wide audience. But things from the seventies are definitely primal and it is sad that we do not have something from that period.
Thank God for some bootlegs like Boston 76 or Houston 77.

Yeah, but a gig like Hamm 79 has a "good" (i mean it has "knowed" tracks like Save me, Dont stop me now,we will rock you,we are the champions,boh rap,etc) set list... plus it has a decent video/audio quality and it was an excelent performance... maybe Paul Mc Cartney has the rights of that gig??

"I will destroy any man who dares abuse my trust" Freddie Mercury

Posted: 20 Sep 12, 01:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I did not thought of the songs,songs on Hamm or Rainbow are good but the setllist is to short. The Hyde Park 76 has an excellent setlist.
It would be good to have a concert from years 75 and 76 with commplete tracklist.

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 12, 01:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Come on people.

Directors ALWAYS film MUCH MUCH more material than they need for the final cut of the movie. Always.

After they finish the shoot, all the filmed footage is edited down to a "final cut" of the movie. And what's done with the huge amount of material which was not used for the final cut ? It's DELETED / THROWN AWAY / DESTROYED. That's NORMAL. All the directors do that. There is usually NO reason for keeping the footage which was NOT used for the final cut.

If "we" (the fans of the movie)are lucky, then somebody (from the film crew, from the studio, a friend of the director, sometimes even the director) "saves" a bit of the footage before it gets destroyed by either stealing it or transferring it to e.g. VHS (in these days we're talking about digital copies of course). That's why a lot of DVD/BluRay releases feature SOME deleted scenes (usually in MUCH worse quality).

The missing songs from Budapest were treated as deleted footage. They were cut and kept for a while, then they were destroyed - it takes a LOT of space to store film, and it's not very economical to take care about "garbage".

So unless somebody owns a let's call it "private copy" of the unused footage (usually because s/he stole it or illegally transferred it), we will NEVER get the complete footage. Live with it. If you prefer quantity over quality, a complete video exists, in really bad quality and with all 16 cameras on 1 screen, but it's complete.