Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Hugarian Rhapsody

forum rss feed
Author

Jon home user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jon home
Bohemian: 243 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Sep 12, 15:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have just got back from the cinema as I only watched 10 mins of the concert. They tried to tell me at the cinema that only the documentary was in 5.1 & not the concert itself ?

I am fuming, we could barely hear the concert from two small speakers at the front of the theatre.

I hope nobody else had the same issues & heard it in wonderful sound, I guess that I will have to wait for the bluray sigh !

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 12, 15:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Had a similar problem when I went to see the David Gilmour "Remember That Night" theatrical run a few years ago! Except not only was it in stereo, the right channel came from the REAR right!

Jon home

Posted: 20 Sep 12, 15:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Inu Luger, you won't beleive this but exactly the same for One vision & TYMD, several people noticed (I know) and complained but the usher though I was an alien or something when I tried to explain what they were doing wrong ?

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 12, 16:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No surprise. Generally the ushers or people not directly involved with the technicality won't always understand what you're talking about, speaking from personal experience myself

Dane user not visiting Queenzone.com
No strings attached!
Dane
Bohemian: 691 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 12, 16:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Same problem at my theater.. but from lap of the gods on it was great!

Funny thing though, the theatre used my poster in stead of the original one :)

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Queen Visual Library (www.qvl.nl)
Jon home

Posted: 20 Sep 12, 16:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Glad to hear they sorted yours out Dane, I was very annoyed and walked out, glad they used your poster too ha ha !

Head Gardener user not visiting Queenzone.com
Head Gardener
Rocker: 24 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 12, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes it was too bloody quiet at Cineworld in Northampton as well tonight...
It got louder near the end but it should have been blasting from the start,
it was still a great film, though my wife wasn't too impressed with Johns short-shorts!

cream user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 12, 16:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Same in Bangor, N Ireland
Such a shame
If I knew it was going to be turned up on Sunday I'd go back

4 x Vision user not visiting Queenzone.com
4 x Vision
Bohemian: 508 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 12, 17:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen said, "Blind em and deafen em with the first few...".... well that definitely wasn't the case in Glasgow Cineworld as One Vision Intro began!!!

I went numb had how low they had the volume... angry actually.

I nearly walked out, but noticed a few angry viewers march out the door and quickly come back around Magic.

From around Under Pressure the volume got better and worth staying for, although not as loud as I wished. The back speakers weren't even used. What a shame as the visuals were STUNNING and you could tell that at full belt it would sound awesome.

HIGHLIGHTS ; Now I'm Here, Tutti Frutti, Bo Rap, Friends.

Also, a lot of nice new camera angles.

NEGATIVES ; All songs up to Under Pressure, only as they were so quiet.

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3040 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 12, 17:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So do we think it's a problem with the theatres not broadcasting it in the right sound format (ie stereo) or QPL have provided a fucked up master reel to all these places?

They are used to all the films being broadcast in 5.1 audio so it's not a strange concept to the cinemas.

Bad Seed user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bad Seed
Bohemian: 520 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 12, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cmsdrums wrote:
So do we think it's a problem with the theatres not broadcasting it in the right sound format (ie stereo) or QPL have provided a fucked up master reel to all these places?
They are used to all the films being broadcast in 5.1 audio so it's not a strange concept to the cinemas.

I think its a fucked up master, it was exactly the same in Boldon, Tyne and Wear. One vision was weak as piss and the first few songs had this weird crowd noise ON crowd noise OFF thing going on.

Jon home

Posted: 20 Sep 12, 17:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yep definately a Cineworld issue, Didsbury (Manchester) was a failure, I walked out after TYMD & demanded refunds, we should all complain & demand that all customers are given a free showing otherwise the cinema don't understand what this mean't to us all. PS I left the cinema shouting "You can't do this to Queen you cheap bastards".

Bad Seed user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bad Seed
Bohemian: 520 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 12, 17:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Just saw the film at Movies@Swords in Dublin. The cinema was pretty full. Visually it was stunning but the sound was a major disappointment! The sound from the documentary which was on first was much better which is a joke! A number of people complained to the manager who was pretty stressed out by it. He said he'd set all the settings correctly and couldn't figure out why it was so poor. He said a colleague from another cinema in Dublin told him that they had the same problem and were also getting customer complaints. Basically the sound was very low - you could have a conversation with the person next to you without raising your voice!! He tried turning it up manually but it only improved it slightly. Brilliant film almost ruined by poor sound"

That's a comment from someone on QOL. It does not seem to be a cineworld issue, all cinemas seem to have had the same problem.

Jon home

Posted: 20 Sep 12, 17:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cheers pal, I am sure that QP will announce a apology, followed by a new 5.1 mix apology, then shortly after a deluxe apology !

Future Manager user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 160 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 12, 18:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Saw it in The Hague, it was pretty packed with some participation near the end. The sound unfortunately was very uneven. It seemed to me the theater wasn't properly configured at all to suit the mix. The beginning needed to be louder, but suddenly the explosions at the end of TYMD nearly brought the ceiling down. That shook everyone, it was great!

The worst part for me was John's bass. Very little definition in what he was playing, mostly some low humming. Brian's guitar definately switched volume between songs, it's great on Rhye and then he's turned down on Tear It Up. No complaints about Roger's drums and Freddie's voice, they were at the forefront all the time.

Overall it was worth it, picture quality is great and the uneven sound in my theater never ruined the performance (conversation was only possible during the non-heavy songs). Too bad they didn't take advantage of the new mix, which I'm sure will be great on the BluRay

You Don't Need Nobody Else
AdamMethos user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 421 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 12, 18:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm at the theatre in Toronto, 20 minutes till showtime. Sold out show! (Canadians love Queen!) There's a whole row in the theatre marked Reserved, and a concierge with a guest list out front to check in some "special" attendees. No idea who they are, but hopefully this means they have taken extra steps to ensure the sound and picture will be great!

jamiedavis user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts

same in Portsmouth. after 3 or 4 complaints, the volume was turned up but was then very 'hissy'. very poor. the documentary sound (music) was SO loud, it hurt! very disappointing. i'd rather have watched my VHS.

also, what the HELL happened to Crazy? i thought this was the complete concert now? not bloody Live Magic!

jamiedavis user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts

same in Portsmouth. after 3 or 4 complaints, the volume was turned up but was then very 'hissy'. very poor. the documentary sound (music) was SO loud, it hurt! very disappointing. i'd rather have watched my VHS.

also, what the HELL happened to Crazy? i thought this was the complete concert now? not bloody Live Magic!

AdamMethos user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 421 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 12, 18:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, one of the special guests is Jeff somebody, co-founder of Eagle Rock. He's introducing the film. He says Eagle Rock has taken over the Queen film archive from Hollywood Records as of Sept 1 and they have more concert film planned.

epson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 81 posts

Posted: 20 Sep 12, 19:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Same problem at the Savoy in Dublin...the sound lacked ooooomph.......

Also they never bothered to show the documentary before the concert.

Life is a game we play and I want to play the game with you.