Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Rare Share: Queen Collectibles... Why the negativity?

forum rss feed
Author

DLCVinnuendo user not visiting Queenzone.com
DLCVinnuendo
Bohemian: 350 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Nov 12, 09:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is clear that Greg will not give information about the project "Rainbow" at this time, the only thing to do now it's wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, and wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, more wait, wait...

Doga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Doga
Bohemian: 973 posts

Posted: 30 Nov 12, 09:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

--Gigs in the 70's were shot on shitty videotape. We don't care, Brian. Get that stuff out the door. --

Hyde Park was filmed in amazing 16mm, batter than a lot of 80' gigs

Kevinrm15 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 300 posts

Posted: 30 Nov 12, 09:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doga wrote:

--Gigs in the 70's were shot on shitty videotape. We don't care, Brian. Get that stuff out the door. --

Hyde Park was filmed in amazing 16mm, batter than a lot of 80' gigs

Hyde Park was not shot on film, but video.

Senna user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 98 posts

Posted: 30 Nov 12, 09:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hang on a second some people would give their right arm for that star wars collection.

Doga user not visiting Queenzone.com
Doga
Bohemian: 973 posts

Posted: 30 Nov 12, 09:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

According to queenlive.ca, an incredible source of Queen knowledge, HP was shoot on 16 mm.

Val_Lurex user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2754 posts

Posted: 30 Nov 12, 10:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GB: Queen Archivist wrote:

Rare Share: Queen Collectibles is a YouTube based channel, not a web site.

It is NOT going to feature any Queen music or videos. It's not gonna give you rare demoes and out-takes, nor anything remotely like that.

It's purely about memorabilia sharing, and discussing rarity and value, and the history of certain enigmatic and/or long forgotten Queen related gems.

Queen music, footage, rarities and LP covers, are NOT ours to play with or feature without permission. We have no more rights to QPL property than you do.

What we CAN do... Is share all our fabulous treasures collected over 40 years, and offer them up for general conversation... Or to view in close up detail if you've never seen them before.

If you like that kind of stuff, it'll be great and you'll love it. If you don't, then stay away and do something else... While letting those that do like it, get on with it to their heart's content. It's no more complex than that.

GB

Greg, most of us DO like the idea of this profect, and we therefore thank you a lot for that. But there's ONE thing we'd all like to have an answer to. Please, please tell us more about that very Rainbow project! Can you please, at least, shed some light on it? What is it going to be at all anyway?

"I really feel like being evil tonight."

Posted: 30 Nov 12, 10:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Honestly, I feel like all our Rainbow questions are going to be ignored no matter what.

Posted: 30 Nov 12, 10:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If it's not another lie, then Greg please tell us more about... please do!

aber user not visiting Queenzone.com
aber
Bohemian: 153 posts

Posted: 30 Nov 12, 10:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why the negativity? Because WE WANT ONE OF 70'S CONCERTS first, and then you can show us some rarities...

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3604 posts

Posted: 30 Nov 12, 10:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Stop begging him for Rainbow details - it's a prick tease as usual

Ozz user not visiting Queenzone.com
Chileno de Corazon
Ozz
Bohemian: 420 posts

Posted: 30 Nov 12, 11:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

>"This QZ forum has THE most suspicious and negative and mean-spirited fans of any other site."

Greg, lets remember you are part of this forum too. and in fact you contribute with a lot of negativity and insults and cap locks in your own posts.

The YouTube channel looks at first sight as a poor approach to have community participation and information about collectibles that could feed future book releases.

It's completely fair that FANS maybe want the effort, money and energy being spend in long delayed 70's material instead.

I suggest you to improve your PR skills because, ranting towards your audience, expecting them to be a bunch of "YES YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME" kind of fans, doesn't help at all for you to be better at your job.

One thing is to be open to dialog and criticism and other is just open the communication channel because SOMEONE ON THE INTERNET IS WRONG.

Good luck anyway. I'm sure fans will review the channel anyway. I will.

I reign with my left hand I rule with my right

MERQRY user not visiting Queenzone.com
MERQRY
Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 30 Nov 12, 11:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Doga wrote:

According to queenlive.ca, an incredible source of Queen knowledge, HP was shoot on 16 mm.

Stored on 16 mm doesn´t mean recorded on 16 mm...
Hyde Park was shoot on video. it doesn´t look like film even in the best source (the last official Queen documentary).

"I will destroy any man who dares abuse my trust" Freddie Mercury
Mr.QueenFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.QueenFan
Royalty: 1413 posts

Posted: 30 Nov 12, 12:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WHY WOULD ANYONE THINK THAT GARY T AND I THINK QUEEN FANS ARE STUPID? MANY OF OUR BEST FRIENDS IN THIS WORLD ARE QUEEN FANS.

ONLY A STUPID PERSON WOULD SUGGEST THIS .

Why not make this a conversation, other than a one way comunication?

BECAUSE IDIOTS LIKE YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE YOUR INFLEXIBLE MIND UP. YOU CANNOT EVEN SEE THAT A CANNEL CALLED RARE SHARE IS ABOUT SHARING AND NOT TAKING.

AND YOU WONDER WHY THERE'S NO HEALTHY DIALOGUE ANY MORE!?

Show some Respect!

You´re the main reason on why there is not healthy dialogue anymore. Of course you will allways get the negative response- this is the Internet- but you can´t use that as an excuse for your tone on Queenzone, because there are some Queenzoners (me included) that care for this site, and try hard into bringing something to the table. Even when you guys (QP) don´t bother to contribute nothing of value.

Rare sharing it´s about information exchange, and i´m not against it. Read again my first post. The thing is that you keep denying what is obvious.

If fans are "nice" to you is because they have an interest in being friends with you- they want to hear the rarities- and you know that it is so. I´m not interested in being your friend- neither in person or on facebook- because i don´t care, and that´s why i can say what i really think of you- or your "internet personality". Of course that if i atend a fan convention i may be exposed to a diferent Greg, but i only know you from your interactions with fans here on QZ. And i´m not interested in knowing you in person. You couldn´t handle my no-bullshit aproach!

One thing is your interaction in fan conventions and another thing is your interactions in forums on the internet.

You´ve talked about bringing something to the table. What do you bring to the table? AT least in Queenzone, where you come when you want something?

Once you have what you whant you don´t even bother in writing again. You just move on, and doesn´t contribute a thing. This has been my Queenzone experience. I don´t know you on other forums, but you´ve donne this in the past. Asked for help in Queenzone, and then bye bye!

And this is what i´m saying, you don´t give a shit about fans, and that´s the truth! You only care about fans when they have something of interest to you. You think they´re stupid, and that is why you have this condescending tone. The PR for this new project really proves my point. You should go to politics!

Something to refresh your memory:

http://www.queenzone.com/forums/981344/exactly-what-queen-live-footage-does-exist-definitive-list.aspx?page=1

Remember this Topic?
Probably one of the best topics EVER in Queenzone related to video information about Queen. Read again how much information you got, and then read your output.
Compare it. Get the point?

I know what you´re thinking. There was a deal you´ve made with the fans with the approval of Jim Beach, and you opened a different topic. Here it is:

http://www.queenzone.com/forums/1027435/the-queen-live-archive-list-finally-sorry-for-the-delay.aspx?page=1

Read again your contribution, and then read the QZer´s contribution. Compare it. Once you´ve got the information, you never cared to post there anymore. And people weren´t being nasty towards you. There were some questions concerning that consciously incomplete list that you never cared to answer.

And before you gave something back to the fans in trade for the absurd amounts of information you got in return, four months have passed. FOUR MONTHS!

And you never gave anything. You negotiated!

I would love to see Greg Brooks log in Queenzone once in a while and just share a thought, something new without asking for anything in return. But unfortunately we only hear from you guys when a new press release is ... released! But it´s obvious that you and other people from "inside" reads QZ, you just don´t care to contribute unless you want something.

Of course you will allways get negativity in Queenzone, and i´m against it too! But you have to understand to separate the ones who criticize in a constructive way.

My post wasn´t negative, just objective, based on past interactions between QZ and you.

Because in the past you´ve desrespected the ones who were very supportive towards you. Of course you were disrespected too, and i´m against it, but that´s not an excuse the disrespect everyone else.

DJGreg user not visiting Queenzone.com
DJGreg
Bohemian: 130 posts

Posted: 30 Nov 12, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rare Share: Queen Collectibles is a YouTube based channel, not a web site.

It is NOT going to feature any Queen music or videos. It's not gonna give you rare demoes and out-takes, nor anything remotely like that.

It's purely about memorabilia sharing, and discussing rarity and value, and the history of certain enigmatic and/or long forgotten Queen related gems.

Queen music, footage, rarities and LP covers, are NOT ours to play with or feature without permission. We have no more rights to QPL property than you do.

What we CAN do... Is share all our fabulous treasures collected over 40 years, and offer them up for general conversation... Or to view in close up detail if you've never seen them before.

If you like that kind of stuff, it'll be great and you'll love it. If you don't, then stay away and do something else... While letting those that do like it, get on with it to their heart's content. It's no more complex than that.

GB

Very very bad.

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10665 posts

Posted: 30 Nov 12, 13:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MERQRY wrote:

Doga wrote:

Stored on 16 mm doesn´t mean recorded on 16 mm...
Hyde Park was shoot on video. it doesn´t look like film even in the best source (the last official Queen documentary).

The concert itself was shot undoubtedly on video. The pre-concert footage looks like film

Posted: 30 Nov 12, 13:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.QueenFan wrote:

WHY WOULD ANYONE THINK THAT GARY T AND I THINK QUEEN FANS ARE STUPID? MANY OF OUR BEST FRIENDS IN THIS WORLD ARE QUEEN FANS.

ONLY A STUPID PERSON WOULD SUGGEST THIS .

Why not make this a conversation, other than a one way comunication?

BECAUSE IDIOTS LIKE YOU HAVE ALREADY MADE YOUR INFLEXIBLE MIND UP. YOU CANNOT EVEN SEE THAT A CANNEL CALLED RARE SHARE IS ABOUT SHARING AND NOT TAKING.

AND YOU WONDER WHY THERE'S NO HEALTHY DIALOGUE ANY MORE!?

Show some Respect!

You´re the main reason on why there is not healthy dialogue anymore. Of course you will allways get the negative response- this is the Internet- but you can´t use that as an excuse for your tone on Queenzone, because there are some Queenzoners (me included) that care for this site, and try hard into bringing something to the table. Even when you guys (QP) don´t bother to contribute nothing of value.

Rare sharing it´s about information exchange, and i´m not against it. Read again my first post. The thing is that you keep denying what is obvious.

If fans are "nice" to you is because they have an interest in being friends with you- they want to hear the rarities- and you know that it is so. I´m not interested in being your friend- neither in person or on facebook- because i don´t care, and that´s why i can say what i really think of you- or your "internet personality". Of course that if i atend a fan convention i may be exposed to a diferent Greg, but i only know you from your interactions with fans here on QZ. And i´m not interested in knowing you in person. You couldn´t handle my no-bullshit aproach!

One thing is your interaction in fan conventions and another thing is your interactions in forums on the internet.

You´ve talked about bringing something to the table. What do you bring to the table? AT least in Queenzone, where you come when you want something?

Once you have what you whant you don´t even bother in writing again. You just move on, and doesn´t contribute a thing. This has been my Queenzone experience. I don´t know you on other forums, but you´ve donne this in the past. Asked for help in Queenzone, and then bye bye!

And this is what i´m saying, you don´t give a shit about fans, and that´s the truth! You only care about fans when they have something of interest to you. You think they´re stupid, and that is why you have this condescending tone. The PR for this new project really proves my point. You should go to politics!

Something to refresh your memory:

http://www.queenzone.com/forums/981344/exactly-what-queen-live-footage-does-exist-definitive-list.aspx?page=1

Remember this Topic?
Probably one of the best topics EVER in Queenzone related to video information about Queen. Read again how much information you got, and then read your output.
Compare it. Get the point?

I know what you´re thinking. There was a deal you´ve made with the fans with the approval of Jim Beach, and you opened a different topic. Here it is:

http://www.queenzone.com/forums/1027435/the-queen-live-archive-list-finally-sorry-for-the-delay.aspx?page=1

Read again your contribution, and then read the QZer´s contribution. Compare it. Once you´ve got the information, you never cared to post there anymore. And people weren´t being nasty towards you. There were some questions concerning that consciously incomplete list that you never cared to answer.

And before you gave something back to the fans in trade for the absurd amounts of information you got in return, four months have passed. FOUR MONTHS!

And you never gave anything. You negotiated!

I would love to see Greg Brooks log in Queenzone once in a while and just share a thought, something new without asking for anything in return. But unfortunately we only hear from you guys when a new press release is ... released! But it´s obvious that you and other people from "inside" reads QZ, you just don´t care to contribute unless you want something.

Of course you will allways get negativity in Queenzone, and i´m against it too! But you have to understand to separate the ones who criticize in a constructive way.

My post wasn´t negative, just objective, based on past interactions between QZ and you.

Because in the past you´ve desrespected the ones who were very supportive towards you. Of course you were disrespected too, and i´m against it, but that´s not an excuse the disrespect everyone else.

Great post. I couldn't agree more.

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3604 posts

Posted: 30 Nov 12, 13:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you can actually copy and post Greg's original message rather than relay it in your own words then I'm more likely to believe some of this.

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10665 posts

Posted: 30 Nov 12, 13:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FMRTJDBM wrote:

I`m sorry but I am agree with you. He provides incomplete information, besides, he blatantly lied. here is example his letter which he sent to me long time ago. 

Yes the Queens real official archives are having Hammersmith "1979" with 14
multi track celaloid tapes. So they can make this 5.1 SS all around sound. Plus
we use the privite rehearsal filmings we have - with Queen rehersing Spread Your
Wings, and Paul McCartney is seeing in the back ground on the stage setting up
with the Wings roadies - 2.45 minutes. Ian Dury and Blockheads are in the
background rehearsing as well - but badly quality and blurred very badly quality
but rare filming. Very exceeding footage no person has seeing secret.

This is being the next DVD, after Budapest. Budapest is lightening
great production too. New interview with Brian and Roger 40 minutes - 40.22, and
we find old interview with John Deacon during Budapest soundcheck, he is wearing
shorts and bad purple shirt!!! Badly sounded because the background guitars and
is too noisey and feedback. But is excessive rare interesting and we use them.
We also put in some lost Budapest peaces thats not on the first videos, ever,
not once. You will excited them DVDs a lot. Budapest will being the November
released. Hammersmith Odeon Xmas market, deceber 16 - and double sets CD with
bonus item interview with recorder guy John Etchells seven minutes.

This would be AMAZING. If it was true. Well, maybe in Xmas 2052 :-)

Posted: 30 Nov 12, 13:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cmsdrums wrote:

If you can actually copy and post Greg's original message rather than relay it in your own words then I'm more likely to believe some of this.

The thing is, the original letter from Greg was specifically bad written, with bad grammar, just to mock the guy who posted it above. It's not his own interpretation of the letter - it's the real letter from Greg himself!

Posted: 30 Nov 12, 13:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh no