Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Dead On Time (The Old Grey Whistle Test 1978) With Brian May Interview

forum rss feed
Author

DLCVinnuendo user not visiting Queenzone.com
DLCVinnuendo
Bohemian: 350 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Sep 13, 19:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUhPB4BJrfM

Very fucking rare music video of Dead of Time, thanks for David R. Fuller for this!!!

tomchristie22 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Because the wind is high
tomchristie22
Royalty: 1270 posts

Posted: 28 Sep 13, 23:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for sharing!

The interviewer is kind of rude, and has some strange conception about the album being called 'Jazz, Jazz, Jazz'. Cringe.

When I'm gone, they'll say we're all fools, and we don't understand.

Oh, be strong, don't turn your heart - you're all, we're all, for all, for always.....
dysan user not visiting Queenzone.com
dysan
Royalty: 1236 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 13, 01:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah thanks dave for nicking this off my share on here.

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 8965 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 13, 01:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What does Dave R. Fuller have to do with it except downloading it elsewhere and uploading it to his youtube channel?

tero! 48531 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 551 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 13, 02:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:

What does Dave R. Fuller have to do with it except downloading it elsewhere and uploading it to his youtube channel?

Maybe you should upload everything to youtube at the same time it's posted on QZ? That way there wouldn't be anything left for David to take the credit for.

Since it's all above the board material which QP has no problem with, you could post it as QueenZone.com and say where it's available for downloading.

Nightjar_ user not visiting Queenzone.com
Nightjar_
Bohemian: 195 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 13, 03:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've just seen one of my videos on his site... A direct copy!! Just no respect from that lad..!

I was born on the 22nd floor of a bird cage
tero! 48531 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 551 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 13, 03:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How about if you...

1) post the video yourself if you want it to appear on youtube (posting on QZ doesn't count if that's all you did)

2) write a comment where you thank him for uploading your material, and mention that he forgot to mention the original source (you).

dysan

Posted: 29 Sep 13, 04:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was on youtube (hence his rip is so poor).
I'm not the original source. I'm just the one who didn't tape over the programme for 30 odd years.

matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
matt z
Royalty: 1511 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 13, 06:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tomchristie22 wrote:

Thanks for sharing!

The interviewer is kind of rude, and has some strange conception about the album being called 'Jazz, Jazz, Jazz'. Cringe.

Probably read the successive JAZZ fonts on the album cover. Wasnt briefed well.

Lostman user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lostman
Deity: 2507 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 13, 10:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:

Basically, that's all he's ever been able to do. The very job of Mr Fuller, if you will.

"I really feel like being evil tonight." (c) F. Mercury, Earls Court, London, 6th June 1977
mooghead user not visiting Queenzone.com
mooghead
Deity: 2772 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 13, 13:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Its what everyone on youtube does to be fair.....

Panchgani user not visiting Queenzone.com
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani
Deity: 6002 posts

Posted: 29 Sep 13, 22:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oops

Roger: I like it. If you don't. Sod you!

Queen song poll: http://home.comcast.net/~vantricers/index.html

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani

Posted: 29 Sep 13, 22:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fuller shared it unconditionally with a wider audience. 

Dysan's YouTube share as mentioned on Queenzone in 2011 is private and unavailable to those without permission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biv6sBLK4RA

http://www.queenzone.com/forums/1278925/queen-on-the-old-grey-whistle-test-1977.aspx

B-52's: I, I, I'm lookin for some fun - waitin for the REAL Queen Box Sets to come
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani

Posted: 29 Sep 13, 22:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you find downloading it from Fuller distasteful, you can download it from NME:

http://www.nme.com/nme-video/youtube/id/WUhPB4BJrfM/search/test

LOL

A Word In Your Ear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1748 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 13, 02:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What I find a little hypocritical is that Queen Productions are aware of David Fuller (Hence a previous post by GB titled "David R Fuller & The likes"). But yet a link from Brian's Website posts to David Fullers Youtube channel for this said interviewl!!!!!! Strange...

Joyful the sound
inu-liger user is on Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 12632 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 13, 03:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A Word In Your Ear wrote:

What I find a little hypocritical is that Queen Productions are aware of David Fuller (Hence a previous post by GB titled "David R Fuller & The likes"). But yet a link from Brian's Website posts to David Fullers Youtube channel for this said interviewl!!!!!! Strange...

His site is managed by someone else on his behalf (Jen), I highly doubt Brian is much involved at all about external links (never mind the embedded YouTube videos) that are selected for use on the site, and perhaps Jen doesn't know about the controversy involving DRF to give her the benefit of the doubt.

dysan

Posted: 30 Sep 13, 03:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I made mine private after Fuller nicked it, and it prevented me from uploading a better quality copy as requested by others. I'm not that fussed as like I say, I was surprised it was largely unseen. I'm glad people have seen it now, just a shame he doesn't let people know the source and makes a fool out of himself by giving inaccurate answers about stuff he gets the praise for. Which makes me think he's largely clueless about Queen and is doing it purely for point scoring and financial gain.

A Word In Your Ear user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1748 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 13, 04:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

inu-liger wrote:

A Word In Your Ear wrote:

His site is managed by someone else on his behalf (Jen), I highly doubt Brian is much involved at all about external links (never mind the embedded YouTube videos) that are selected for use on the site, and perhaps Jen doesn't know about the controversy involving DRF to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Yes, I know "Jen" runs Brian's site & you are probably correct in your assumption that she does not know about all the controversy regarding DRF, but you would have thought that somebody in the Queen-camp would have let her know about Not posting links to his uploads.

But then again when has anyone in the Queen camp known what their "Left Arm" was doing when watching their "Right Arm" lol!!!!

Joyful the sound
St Peter's Burnt Piano
Panchgani

Posted: 30 Sep 13, 11:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

dysan wrote:

I made mine private after Fuller nicked it, and it prevented me from uploading a better quality copy as requested by others.

What prevented you from uploading a better quality copy?

Did you throw your toys out of your pram because your pride was injured by Fuller not giving you credit?

If Fuller's YouTube account is shut down, shares like this will not be available for common plebs.

splicksplack user not visiting Queenzone.com
splicksplack
Bohemian: 391 posts

Posted: 30 Sep 13, 13:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I remember recording this from the TV on a cassette (no video in our house in '78).

It's the first time I've heard that interview in about 30 years and I was prompting them both almost word for word.

No Freddie, No John.....No Queen