Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Errors / Issues on 'The Lot' (First Edition)

forum rss feed
Author

The Kurgan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2689 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Nov 13, 12:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you know what they are, you won't think it's just you that has the problem.
These are fan reports only, not official ones.
Bold brackets indicate whether the error / issue has been sorted or not.

Disc Errors / Issues reported:
1.) Life Changes (Blue Rock) the song suddenly stops, and then the first seconds of the song start again. (Corrected on replacement disc)
2.) Pressure On (Electric Fire): wrong mix. No 2nd voice for half of the first chorus. (01:58 - 02:07) (Corrected on replacement disc)
3.) Track index marker error on track 9 of Shove It. (Corrected on replacement disc)  
4.) There are some complaints of juddering video on the DVD (Unchanged - some videos were not taken from the masters!)
5.) Speed change issue on Fun In Space - 'My Country I & II' track and Fun In Space. (Not corrected - fault with master tape)
6.) Speed change issue RT Solo singles Disc 1 - 'My Country' (single version) (Not corrected - fault with master tape)
7.) Magic Is Loose is 6 seconds shorter, it seems to miss a part of the final fading. (Unchanged)
8.) I Can't Get You Out Of My Head - count in chords badly edited out, causing a slight cut to the beginning of the song. (Not corrected)
9.) Celebration is abridged version. 1:45-2:25 fragment of the original 5:15 track is edited out. (Unchanged)
10.) Shove It (extended mix) (5:02) should have been on 'The Cross Singles 1' disc, but instead it has 'The 2nd Shelf Mix' (5:55). (Unchanged)
11.) Slight Track index marker error on track 3 of Happiness. (Unchanged)
12.) Slight Track index marker error on track 2 of Blue Rock. (Unchanged)
13.) Roger - The singles disc 2 gives track info ID for disc 1. (Corrected on replacement disc)
14.) Dear Mr Murdoch 'Nude mix' (3:16) & Dear Mr Murdoch '2011 version' (3:16) appear to be identical. (Not corrected)

Text Errors reported:
1.) The lyrics to the first four songs of Electric Fire are missing in the book (it starts with "People on streets") (Corrected in 2nd edition)
2.) ROGER TAYLOR: THE SINGLES text notes wrongly state that 'Pressure On' appears on 'Happiness?' (Not corrected)
3.) THE CROSS: THE SINGLES text notes wrongly state that 'Man On Fire' appears on 'Mad: Bad: And Dangerous To Know'. (Not corrected)
4.) Wrong running order of FOE bonus tracks. (Corrected in 2nd edition)
5.) Rhys intro - Incorrect spelling of 'Holocaust'. (Corrected in 2nd edition)
6.) Blue Rock credits pasted from Discogs.com, including the (2) suffix for Peter Noone & the ANV-asteriks for Josh Macrae. (Corrected in 2nd edition)
7.) The book wrongly states Dear Mr Murdoch originally featured on the 1994 album "Electric Fire". (Corrected in 2nd edition)
8.) Rhys intro - He talks about a "colle" instead of "collection". (Corrected in 2nd edition)
9.) Track listing - Cross-singles, last track (Shove it US) states that the inclusion is a last minute "edition" instead of "addition". (Corrected in 2nd edition)
10.) The DVD notes incorrectly state that both versions of the "Power to Love" video are included. (Corrected in 2nd edition)
11.) Happiness Credits - The graphic symbols on the original credits near each musician's name that identified who played in each song are substituted in The Lot booklet by letters such as "R", "a", "v" and even "@"! (Corrected in 2nd edition)
12.) Happiness Credits - In the middle of the musicians names they put the copyright credits! (Not corrected)
13.) RMT Fan has found and posted a host of small errors. (See pages 11 and 23 of this thread)

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3775 posts

Posted: 08 Nov 13, 12:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Eek :-(

Waiting for my set, which was due to be issued by Amazon today but according to my status hasn't been yet.

vonkeil user not visiting Queenzone.com
vonkeil
Bohemian: 249 posts

Posted: 08 Nov 13, 12:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pressure On (Electric Fire): different mix. No 2nd voice for half of the first chorus. (01:58 - 02:07)

Guten Morgen, sie wünschten geweckt zu werden.
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 11053 posts

Posted: 08 Nov 13, 12:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So ... will this be the fail of this year?

Rien user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2205 posts

Posted: 08 Nov 13, 12:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just noticed the switching of the 2 tracks (14 and 15) yes.

Feel free to visit my site - http://www.mercuryparadise.com

(Come into my life, it's a MercuryParadise)
vonkeil

Posted: 08 Nov 13, 12:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wouldn't go that far...
There are some real improvements on there as well...and as far as I have heard yet, the first two albums sound incredibly good. So does 'I wanna testify'.

Will listen again properly over the weekend, today's focus was mainly on the new album... ;)

Walter B. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 775 posts

Posted: 08 Nov 13, 13:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Someone at the QOL forum posted this:

"Dear Mr Murdoch originally featured on the 1994 album "Electric Fire"."

cmsdrums

Posted: 08 Nov 13, 13:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

vonkeil wrote:

I wouldn't go that far...
There are some real improvements on there as well...and as far as I have heard yet, the first two albums sound incredibly good. So does 'I wanna testify'.

Will listen again properly over the weekend, today's focus was mainly on the new album... ;)

So those first two albums been remastered again since the original cd issues? Does the booklet confirm this?

vonkeil

Posted: 08 Nov 13, 13:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I guess so. They sound much richer and clearer now, esp. Fun in Space. Track lengths are different to the ones from the 1996 CDs as well (I think 'My Country' is even about 3 or 4 secs longer...)
Will check in detail this weekend.

cmsdrums

Hitman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2229 posts

Posted: 08 Nov 13, 16:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jeeeez the mistakes listed so far are quite embarassing...especially the "mix" problems. How is it possible??

On the other hand i'm happy that they remASTERED the tracks to improve the sound experience.

edit thanks to RonB ;)

Anything too stupid to be said... is sung.
Ron user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1034 posts

Posted: 08 Nov 13, 16:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hitman wrote:
On the other hand i'm happy that they remixed the tracks to improve the sound experience.

Remixed or remastered? That is a big difference..

QueenPictureHall.com is back at qph.runoutgrooves.com
TheGuvnor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 9 posts

Posted: 08 Nov 13, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Received The Lot today (well, yesterday...) and just finished watching the DVD. I have to check it tomorrow with a different DVD player but it seems that my DVD has some sort of mastering error. Whenever there are some fast movements (waving hands, drumming) then the film stutters or flickers. Has anybody else the same problem with that DVD?

Posted: 08 Nov 13, 17:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^ Say it's not true, let's hope it's your player.

face-it-alone user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts

Posted: 08 Nov 13, 18:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Electric Fire tour dates in march, april 1995, the album being released in 1998....... Silly!

DLCVinnuendo user not visiting Queenzone.com
DLCVinnuendo
Bohemian: 350 posts

Posted: 08 Nov 13, 19:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And some b sides are missing, like live versions of i want to break free and ride the wild wind

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13324 posts

Posted: 08 Nov 13, 22:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DLCVinnuendo wrote:

And some b sides are missing, like live versions of i want to break free and ride the wild wind

That's because he didn't want Queen songs on the set (setting aside for a moment 'HFE', since that was released by The Cross first, before anyone gets argumentative here), as odd as it sounds.

darcy-wright user not visiting Queenzone.com
darcy-wright
Champion: 78 posts

Posted: 09 Nov 13, 01:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I bet the blurring is because the pal videos have been converted to ntsc ..

TheGuvnor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 9 posts

Posted: 09 Nov 13, 02:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

darcy-wright wrote:

I bet the blurring is because the pal videos have been converted to ntsc ..

I can hardly believe that this is the case because it would mean it's intended to be that way. Anyone with half a brain who saw what I saw when I was watching the DVD must have come to the conclusion that it's impossible to release such a product. That is not a minor mistake it ruins the whole DVD. I can only hope the problem is either somewhere else (settings, Player, TV) or only with my DVD, so the problem can be solved. But I never had something like this in the past.

Anyone else watched the DVD so far?

Posted: 09 Nov 13, 02:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^ Try a different player, the one in your PC perhaps?
That might be the key.