Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > 1982.11.03 Tokorozawa All PRO+AUD mix complete

forum rss feed
Author

Sue Dounim user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sue Dounim
Bohemian: 398 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Nov 14, 02:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi all!

Got the green light from The Real Wizard to upload this, so I hope everyone likes it.

It's not perfect, but I did my best to combine all the various professional sources with Wardour's "Space Boogie" and the first audience tape to make the complete show. My process was basically crossfading galore. I did some light hiss reduction on the LD and audience sources, and used clip restoration and lowered the pro stuff by -4db. Some EQ was applied to bring out the bass on the LD source and to bring out the high end on Space Boogie. I used the old audience source to fill a brief cut after Love of My Life.

https://mega.co.nz/#!1IUy2ZZT!l5jHucwIx4yErdMMB4VbVloBPYsjcykdgEnRiOAIrLE

If this isn't as good as I think it is feel free to delete this post or let me know what I can fix. Also, if it wasn't obvious, please support the (obscure) official release!

Enjoy, Sue

ARISTIDE1 FUCK OFF :^)
matt z user not visiting Queenzone.com
this is not my display message
matt z
Deity: 4182 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 14, 21:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm guessing that if you all share from mega then it's a valid and safe site?

"Come tonight! Come see the Overbite! Come to Ogre Battle, FIGHTt!"
tcc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1637 posts

Posted: 28 Nov 14, 21:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

matt z wrote:

I'm guessing that if you all share from mega then it's a valid and safe site?

So far so good. If it is a big file, it is better to use Google Chrome to download.

harrypotter6116 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 71 posts

Posted: 01 Dec 14, 14:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hey, could i plese get a torrent of this? it is the only real way i can download

Sue Dounim

Posted: 01 Dec 14, 19:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can someone else do it? I would but internet's having issues and I'd cause more problems than I'd solve.

Posted: 01 Dec 14, 22:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for this.

As requested, torrent here:

You will need a bittorrent client to download the music. For additional information, view the Bittorrent FAQ.

Please leave your window open when you have finished downloading so that other Queen fans can download.

This file will be customized for you when you download

Attachment: 20141211987741334.torrent 26 KB

View Stats on this torrent

This has been downloaded 112 time(s).

Sue Dounim

Posted: 01 Dec 14, 23:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I will seed when everything on my end settles down.

Sue Dounim

Posted: 02 Dec 14, 03:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

harrypotter6116, please let me know what you think of this after you've listened. It's the first project I've ever done that I felt comfortable with putting out, so I'd really like to get feedback from anyone who gets this.

aristide1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 541 posts

Posted: 02 Dec 14, 07:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If a wizard told you to do this, harrypotter checks the result, while the dragon attacks, it must be (a kind of) magic.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 20784 posts

Posted: 02 Dec 14, 11:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

aristide1 wrote:

If a wizard told you to do this, harrypotter checks the result, while the dragon attacks, it must be (a kind of) magic.

^ ha ha ! Well played.

Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.

http://www.queenlive.ca
Mr.QueenFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.QueenFan
Royalty: 1413 posts

Posted: 02 Dec 14, 16:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for this share and for your work.
This is really fantastic and Freddie´s voice sounds better than i remember. There´s a "sweet spot" for his throat on this one, and that is the middle register like the last "yeah" from "Love of my Life". But he really did a great show, specially "Save me" sounds very powerful.
By the time he gets to "Teo Torreate" he can´t move out of that sweet spot because his throat doesn´t allow him to, so he had to use more emotion, and he was a master at that.

I really love the smooth transition to the audience recording after "Love of my Life" and "Teo Torriate". It´s very smooth and it´s like changing perspective inside your head from the stage to the audience. It´s very well donne, specially after the LOML right when Freddie asks - You like it? - and the audience member says "I like it! Yeah!" For me, these audience recordings are very special because we get to be amongst these fans. It´s like being there with friends, and sometimes when they´re happy or drunk i really get a kick out of it :-)

I´m rediscovering this concert again, and for that i thank you. To have everything together in the same place will change my perspective on this one. For some reason when Freddie hits Japan his voice gives him problems. Maybe it was the weather or something that made him feel anxious about it.
Oh, and Brian solo on Bo Rhap :-) , maybe he was competing with STL in Brazil the year before :-)

I love the duet between Roger and Freddie on "Action this day".

By the way, what happens in the first few notes of the fast section of Bo Rhap? - Is it tape speed or the band is out of tune? Specially Brian´s guitar seems to be so out of tune. Sometimes, the weather doesn´t help :-)

Thanks again

Sue Dounim

Posted: 02 Dec 14, 20:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks a ton, Mr. QueenFan! I'm really happy that you like it.

Seeding now btw.

The Real Wizard

Posted: 03 Dec 14, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.QueenFan wrote:

Freddie asks - You like it? - and the audience member says "I like it! Yeah!"

That guy pretending to be Freddie in a Japanese accent is the single best part about that audience tape. Just hilarious.

I love the duet between Roger and Freddie on "Action this day".

Love how Roger rolls his R on "rat race."

By the way, what happens in the first few notes of the fast section of Bo Rhap? - Is it tape speed or the band is out of tune?

I didn't notice anything wrong. I just hear the audience more than anything. The tape speed seems to be alright, and on the other recordings of the show the band sound fine too.

Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.

The King Of Rhye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2272 posts

Posted: 03 Dec 14, 19:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Argh........I'd like to get this one, but for some reason mega.co.nz NEVER works for me! I've tried it a few times now.......

I'll take you to the Seven Seas of Rhye
The Real Wizard

Posted: 03 Dec 14, 20:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Are you using Google Chrome? Try that.

Posted: 04 Dec 14, 07:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am using Google Chrome..........I get to the point where it tries to save the file to my computer and it says 'no file'.........

Posted: 04 Dec 14, 07:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The King Of Rhye wrote:

I am using Google Chrome..........I get to the point where it tries to save the file to my computer and it says 'no file'.........

I have just tried it using GC and it works. When it reaches 100%, you need to look at the bottom left hand corner of the screen. There you will see the saving process, indicating how many seconds etc to go before it is fully saved. You can also use firefox to download. For big files, GC is better.

Posted: 04 Dec 14, 08:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tcc wrote:

The King Of Rhye wrote:

I have just tried it using GC and it works. When it reaches 100%, you need to look at the bottom left hand corner of the screen. There you will see the saving process, indicating how many seconds etc to go before it is fully saved. You can also use firefox to download. For big files, GC is better.

It reaches 100%, then I look at that bottom left corner thing, where I would indeed normally see how many minutes/seconds left......and it says something like 'download failed - no file'

Edit: Well..........never mind! Tried it using IE..............worked just fine!

The Real Wizard

Posted: 04 Dec 14, 10:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The King Of Rhye wrote:

Tried it using IE..............worked just fine!

But now you have 1,893 instances of malware on your computer. Congratulations.

IE - the best browser with which to download another browser.

Mr.QueenFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.QueenFan
Royalty: 1413 posts

Posted: 04 Dec 14, 15:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Real Wizard wrote:

By the way, what happens in the first few notes of the fast section of Bo Rhap? - Is it tape speed or the band is out of tune?

I didn't notice anything wrong. I just hear the audience more than anything. The tape speed seems to be alright, and on the other recordings of the show the band sound fine too.

Maybe my ears are deceiving me, but isn´t the first note of the fast section a bit off ? I tried to follow the bass player but i can´t tell for sure if John plays the right note, which could give me the idea that was just Brian playing the wrong note or bending the string a little bit. But for some reason that fast section appears to be a bit off compared to the middle section. Then after 3:55 it gets back to normal. I think it´s easier if you compare the note on 3:28 against the note on 3:55.

Other than that, i´m really enjoying this concert. Great performance by the band.