Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Newcastle 1986 report (processed)

forum rss feed
Author

Chief Mouse user not visiting Queenzone.com
Video Man
Chief Mouse
Deity: 2191 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Nitroboy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Nitroboy
Royalty: 1605 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Feb 15, 12:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Awesome, thank you once again :P

Chief Mouse user not visiting Queenzone.com
Video Man
Chief Mouse
Deity: 2191 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Feb 15, 12:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're welcome!

pittrek user is on Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10903 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Feb 15, 12:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow, I never realised that a version which looks so bad is circulating. I have a different version which doesn't have the colour lines (what's the correct term ?) but it has probably a bit less detail and has other problems (blown out whites). Is it worth uploading too?

Chief Mouse user not visiting Queenzone.com
Video Man
Chief Mouse
Deity: 2191 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Feb 15, 12:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



pittrek wrote: Wow, I never realised that a version which looks so bad is circulating. I have a different version which doesn't have the colour lines (what's the correct term ?) but it has probably a bit less detail and has other problems (blown out whites). Is it worth uploading too?


I'm not sure. Does it look any better than the processed version? I managed to deal with colour lines, so when that aspect is corrected maybe it's not really worth it if it really has less detail and overblown whites. How about some screenshot(s)?

Nitroboy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Nitroboy
Royalty: 1605 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Feb 15, 12:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I believe some of these Newcastle reports were used in the documentary accompanying Hungarian Rhapsody.

DepeX user not visiting Queenzone.com
DepeX
Royalty: 1050 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Feb 15, 12:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great, thanks a lot ;-)


"I won't be a rock star. I will be a legend"
Mr.QueenFan user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.QueenFan
Royalty: 1413 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Feb 15, 14:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another fantastic job! Thanks a lot for sharing this.
"A kind of Magic" sounded great.

pittrek user is on Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10903 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Feb 15, 14:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chief Mouse wrote:



pittrek wrote: Wow, I never realised that a version which looks so bad is circulating. I have a different version which doesn't have the colour lines (what's the correct term ?) but it has probably a bit less detail and has other problems (blown out whites). Is it worth uploading too?


I'm not sure. Does it look any better than the processed version? I managed to deal with colour lines, so when that aspect is corrected maybe it's not really worth it if it really has less detail and overblown whites. How about some screenshot(s)?



Oscar J user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1455 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Feb 15, 14:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How is such an enhancement even possible? Mind = blown!

MackMantilla user not visiting Queenzone.com
MackMantilla
Bohemian: 911 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 15, 08:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great work.
Thanks Chief :)

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3764 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 15, 09:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have several VHS tapes that I bought from a second hand record dealer in about 1988 ish; the Tyne Tees reports are on them but I can't recall in what quality. Other stuff on the tapes include the original ch4 Mk Bowl concert broadcast, solo vids such as Starfleet, different tv interviews, and many other 'bits and bobs'. I must dig them out and create digital versions.......

pittrek user is on Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10903 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 15, 12:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cmsdrums wrote:

I must dig them out and create digital versions.......

Yes please :-)


DepeX user not visiting Queenzone.com
DepeX
Royalty: 1050 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 15, 12:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll be very grateful if you do this ;-)


"I won't be a rock star. I will be a legend"
alberbal12 user not visiting Queenzone.com
alberbal12
Bohemian: 374 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 15, 12:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cmsdrums wrote:

I have several VHS tapes that I bought from a second hand record dealer in about 1988 ish; the Tyne Tees reports are on them but I can't recall in what quality. Other stuff on the tapes include the original ch4 Mk Bowl concert broadcast, solo vids such as Starfleet, different tv interviews, and many other 'bits and bobs'. I must dig them out and create digital versions.......


The MK concert by Channel 4 would be amazingly perfect!


That time will come, one day you'll see, when we can all be friends... ("The Miracle", Queen, 1989)
OwenSmith user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 522 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 15, 14:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

alberbal12 wrote:
The MK concert by Channel 4 would be amazingly perfect!


What would this give that isn't on the official DVD? Queen On Fire Live At The Bowl is the same concert I assume?

Nitroboy user not visiting Queenzone.com
Nitroboy
Royalty: 1605 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 15, 14:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



OwenSmith wrote:
alberbal12 wrote:
The MK concert by Channel 4 would be amazingly perfect!


What would this give that isn't on the official DVD? Queen On Fire Live At The Bowl is the same concert I assume?


Possibly different editing with different camera angles?

flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1563 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 15, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well done and many thanks for doing these and uploading them cheers.


oo la la
alberbal12 user not visiting Queenzone.com
alberbal12
Bohemian: 374 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 15, 16:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nitroboy wrote:



OwenSmith wrote:
alberbal12 wrote:
The MK concert by Channel 4 would be amazingly perfect!


What would this give that isn't on the official DVD? Queen On Fire Live At The Bowl is the same concert I assume?


Possibly different editing with different camera angles?


Indeed.


That time will come, one day you'll see, when we can all be friends... ("The Miracle", Queen, 1989)
The Real Wizard user is on Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 21161 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Feb 15, 17:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nitroboy wrote:



OwenSmith wrote:
alberbal12 wrote:
The MK concert by Channel 4 would be amazingly perfect!


What would this give that isn't on the official DVD? Queen On Fire Live At The Bowl is the same concert I assume?


Possibly different editing with different camera angles?


As far as I know the camera angles are the same.

I'd be interested in how good the audio is.



Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.



http://www.queenlive.ca