Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Slane Castle 1986 - RTE report (clean up)

forum rss feed
Author

Chief Mouse user not visiting Queenzone.com
Video Man
Chief Mouse
Deity: 2208 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jul 16, 10:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So I finally got a hold of this internet rip. It looks pretty bad but we can still try to salvage it.

Removed the horizontal lines (that is not interlacing) and reduced the overall blockiness. That's about all the could be done here.

See here -

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/179331/picture:0

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/179331/picture:1

Link - https://mega.nz/#!eVIUmKwB!7XWWHJM6k8A6VkojevO2aa37TCgw2TXEjsn1djs0mrM

Link of interpolated 50 fps version for Mr Wig - https://mega.nz/#!yERRRQIR!b2dYwR3S5Pr6Lp4ANpt9ttsVNXzmjy4zy_cixKsCVkA .

Bob Harley user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bob Harley
Bohemian: 233 posts

Posted: 22 Jul 16, 10:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think these lines came from deinterlace by duplicate fields method. Awesome jobs as always, thanks.

Visit my YT channel. I restore Queen footages.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Bob8Harley
Video Man
Chief Mouse

Posted: 22 Jul 16, 11:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Probably. But I've seen this kind on some progressive source videos too.

Oscar J user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1455 posts

Posted: 22 Jul 16, 11:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice repairing!

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 21555 posts

Posted: 22 Jul 16, 11:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nicely done, as always !

Queenzone is overrun with trolls and circling the drain - join us here instead:

http://queenforum.net
DepeX user not visiting Queenzone.com
DepeX
Royalty: 1053 posts

Posted: 22 Jul 16, 12:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice job, thank you!

"I won't be a rock star. I will be a legend"
alberbal12 user not visiting Queenzone.com
alberbal12
Bohemian: 374 posts

Posted: 22 Jul 16, 15:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chief, it is from my file? Amazing.

That time will come, one day you'll see, when we can all be friends... ("The Miracle", Queen, 1989)
Video Man
Chief Mouse

Posted: 22 Jul 16, 15:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^ yes, it appears so :)

alberbal12 user not visiting Queenzone.com
alberbal12
Bohemian: 374 posts

Posted: 22 Jul 16, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hahaha so good :)

That time will come, one day you'll see, when we can all be friends... ("The Miracle", Queen, 1989)
brians wig user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2618 posts

Posted: 22 Jul 16, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chief Mouse wrote:

Link of interpolated 50 fps version for Mr Wig - https://mega.nz/#!yERRRQIR!b2dYwR3S5Pr6Lp4ANpt9ttsVNXzmjy4zy_cixKsCVkA .

LOL
It does look better with the interlaced video feel! ;-)

Awesome job.
Wish there was a template you could publish that we could all apply to our own files to clean them up and then share here!

Barry Durex user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2083 posts

Posted: 23 Jul 16, 07:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Or you could just share them as is.

Sam99 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 221 posts

Posted: 23 Jul 16, 12:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much, I do feel compelled to add a little bit about the concert.As evidenced from the RTE report it was intermittently wet and it was also warm. Thousands of people overwhelmed the security and entered without tickets, I still have my complete ticket, no-one even asked to see my ticket. Slane is a very long walk from the car park, bus stop and there was an inordinate amount of alcohol consumed, even by Irish standards!

I was down the front and managed to keep my footing until Brian's guitar solo, it was evident that the band were not happy with the crowd. There was a constant barrage of plastic bottles, items of clothing etc. Although I concur a little with some of the critics, why oh why did Queen include that acoustic medley, it was terrible?

Overall in the adverse conditions i.e. out of control, totally oversized drunken audience, violence, injuries, vandalism Queen managed well. They were much, much better in Dublin in 1984, but perhaps had not planned for the chaos that was Slane.The total daylight show without the assistance of the light show was likely another factor

I also saw Guns n Roses there in 1992, that was another drunken debacle, although being 3 hours late on stage added to that one.

An amusing aisde is that I bought the tape of the show in Slane village the next morning following Queen 06/07/1986, a guy named Andy transferred this for me around 10 years ago and did not return the cassettes. This is the superior source now making up most of the bootlegs, Bob cleaned up my version transferred from the original source and shared here. I also shared the most popular photos of Queen also circulating.

The ironic thing is that I bought the Uxbridge bootleg, the irony being that this mostly consists of the source from my own old cassette.

AlbaNo1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 580 posts

Posted: 23 Jul 16, 17:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sam99 wrote:

Thank you very much, I do feel compelled to add a little bit about the concert.As evidenced from the RTE report it was intermittently wet and it was also warm. Thousands of people overwhelmed the security and entered without tickets, I still have my complete ticket, no-one even asked to see my ticket. Slane is a very long walk from the car park, bus stop and there was an inordinate amount of alcohol consumed, even by Irish standards!

I was down the front and managed to keep my footing until Brian's guitar solo, it was evident that the band were not happy with the crowd. There was a constant barrage of plastic bottles, items of clothing etc. Although I concur a little with some of the critics, why oh why did Queen include that acoustic medley, it was terrible?

Overall in the adverse conditions i.e. out of control, totally oversized drunken audience, violence, injuries, vandalism Queen managed well. They were much, much better in Dublin in 1984, but perhaps had not planned for the chaos that was Slane.The total daylight show without the assistance of the light show was likely another factor

I also saw Guns n Roses there in 1992, that was another drunken debacle, although being 3 hours late on stage added to that one.

An amusing aisde is that I bought the tape of the show in Slane village the next morning following Queen 06/07/1986, a guy named Andy transferred this for me around 10 years ago and did not return the cassettes. This is the superior source now making up most of the bootlegs, Bob cleaned up my version transferred from the original source and shared here. I also shared the most popular photos of Queen also circulating.

The ironic thing is that I bought the Uxbridge bootleg, the irony being that this mostly consists of the source from my own old cassette.

The entire tour was pretty much the same set and the band exceptionally professional so I just can't believe there was much variation between performances throughout the tour. Clips I have heard seem fairly consistent. Slane can't be much different from Budapest Wembley or Knebworth.
So is the problem the logistics of the location? Are critics mingling in general crowd perception with their own evaluation of the music?
Or do the Irish music critics hate Queen and love U2 and Springsteen. Much like the redneck outposts of America and Australia

Omega Cool user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 17 posts

Posted: 23 Jul 16, 18:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks, nice job!!!!

Double-U user not visiting Queenzone.com
Double-U
Bohemian: 894 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 16, 04:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much!
regards,
W.

MackMantilla user not visiting Queenzone.com
MackMantilla
Bohemian: 936 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 16, 16:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

:o

Chinwonder2 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Chinwonder2
Royalty: 1897 posts

Posted: 19 Sep 16, 17:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Check out my channel for various goodies! :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Chinwonder2

Join us on the new forum here:

http://queenforum.net/