Forums > Fan mixes > QUEEN: EXPANDED COLLECTION (CMI Music)

forum rss feed
Author

cmi user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmi
Bohemian: 848 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jul 16, 07:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QUEEN: EXPANDED COLLECTION

2011 year saw the reissue campaign of the whole Queen catalogue in remastered form from fresh transfers featuring some bonus material. Unfortunately for me it was the weakest back catalogue reissue campaign I've ever seen so far... All albums were presented in the cheapest form in (super) jewelcases with thick booklets without any useful information. There were no real deluxe treatments which is a shame.
Bonus CDs were limited to 5-6 tracks for each album so poorly selected featuring only 1-2 real rarities for each album.
It's especially a shame as it is very well known that there's a lot of interesting stuff in the vaults which can be used.
Especially for '82 - '95 albums with a lot of various material previously released on singles.
Another weak aspect of this reissue campaign is the quality of the sound. Some 70's albums now sounds better than ever with fresh transfers from masters, but the sound of albums from '80-'95 period was so dynamically overcompressed.
So last year I decided to produce the whole back catalogue the way it deserves as I see it.   

Main goals of this EXPANDED COLLECTION project are:
1) To compile available studio material of listenable quality around each album into one set with clever structured track list for each disc to present the most accurate view of particular period.
2) To select the best version available for each track from all available sources (different CD pressings, vinyl transfers, tapes).
3) To feature some newly created special versions of tracks.
4) To remaster each track in 32 bit to my standards featuring careful removing of clipping and other unwanted digital/analogue artefacts (crackles/clicks/pops etc.).

Each album set will be presented in FLAC format files for each track with artwork in 300 dpi jpeg for printing and pdf booklet with all original artwork and main information about the album.

For all details see page #18.

cmi

Posted: 27 Jul 16, 07:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

12th April 2016

QUEEN - "A KIND OF MAGIC"

30th Anniversary Edition

EXPANDED STUDIO COLLECTION 

2016 CMI Music

Original album release date: June 1986  
 This edition compiled and remastered in 2016 

cmi

Posted: 27 Jul 16, 07:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

25th July 2016

QUEEN"MADE IN HEAVEN"

EXPANDED STUDIO COLLECTION

2016 CMI Music

Original album release date: November 1995  
This edition compiled and remastered in 2016

badboybez user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 99 posts

Posted: 27 Jul 16, 09:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good lord! Mega thanks :)

Chief Mouse user not visiting Queenzone.com
Video Man
Chief Mouse
Royalty: 1881 posts

Posted: 27 Jul 16, 11:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very VERY nice project! Will definitely take a listen :-)

Don't Try So Hard [video montage] - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_cyFO26spE

The March Of The Black Queen [video montage] - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxt66bJibX8
DepeX user not visiting Queenzone.com
DepeX
Royalty: 1024 posts

Posted: 27 Jul 16, 12:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Really interesting! Thank you very much. I also like that you've splitted each song into a single file, rather than the whole album in one file (like you did in AKOM). Looking forward to check out your next albums ;-)

"I won't be a rock star. I will be a legend"
Killer_queenIII user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 334 posts

Posted: 27 Jul 16, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is it me or is Too Much Will Kill You missing in MIH?

That aside, super thanks for sharing your work!!!

bootLuca user not visiting Queenzone.com
bootLuca
Royalty: 1279 posts

Posted: 27 Jul 16, 13:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's right!
This explains why "13" is the 11th track of the 1st disc! :)

cmi

Posted: 27 Jul 16, 14:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DepeX wrote:
Really interesting! Thank you very much. I also like that you've splitted each song into a single file, rather than the whole album in one file (like you did in AKOM). Looking forward to check out your next albums ;-)

Yes, I decided to do it after several complains.
I will split AKOM tracks in the nearest future with some updates.

Killer_queenIII wrote:
Is it me or is Too Much Will Kill You missing in MIH?
That aside, super thanks for sharing your work!!!

Yes, I decided to include this song as Track #5 on another album as it was originally planned by the band till the very last minute.

bootLuca wrote:
That's right!
This explains why "13" is the 11th track of the 1st disc! :)

Actually I thought about this mismatch... But in the end decided to leave it that way... as I don't like the idea of two 'Yeah' tracks in one song :)

Killer_queenIII user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 334 posts

Posted: 27 Jul 16, 20:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I see. Is it The Miracle?

cmi

Posted: 28 Jul 16, 00:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^ Exactly! 

REQUEST

Looking for high resolution images of these full size photos from 'Made In Heaven' artwork: 

I mean not scans of LP/CD sleeves with bending in the middle photoshop'ed out, but a true clean uncropped photos. 

If anyone can help please contact me. Thanks in advance.

GinjaNinja user not visiting Queenzone.com
GinjaNinja
Bohemian: 659 posts

Posted: 31 Jul 16, 22:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks CMI, great stuff! Are there any notes detailing the sources and different versions like for the first release?

Property Of Queen Productions...
seagull user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 76 posts

Posted: 31 Jul 16, 23:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Far out, this is a beautifully crafted release.

It’s interesting that Too Much Love is held back for The Miracle. What if Queen Productions were to have ‘correctly placed’ Too Much Love on the 2011 releases? The fan-forums would slaughter the decision. Yet, unofficially we appreciate the omission of Too Much Love. I for one love the decision to leave it out of this collection.

The artwork on these two releases is gorgeous. I feel the same excitement I felt when Queen originally released these albums. So, for that, I want to thank CMI for reminding me what it feels to rediscover these albums. Cheers mate.

I don’t recognise the You Don’t Fool Me (Dub Dance Mix). I’m not a fan of the overtly dance-mix versions of this song, but it is nice to hear anything new. I recall being fond of the ‘Knebworth Mix’.

New takes on ‘It’s a Beautiful Day’ are always wonderful to hear. The composite mix is great! The instrumental versions are also a wonderful listening experience.

It’s an amazing collection crafted with passion. Thanks for sharing it.

I'm a long time queen fan from back in the late 70's.

Favourite albums are Queen II and Blue Rock.

Cheers to everyone from Melbourne, Aus.
cmi

Posted: 01 Aug 16, 01:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

GinjaNinja wrote: Thanks CMI, great stuff! Are there any notes detailing the sources and different versions like for the first release?

There will be an update for both releases, so then I will add this info. Thanks for noting!  

cmi

Posted: 01 Aug 16, 01:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

seagull wrote: The artwork on these two releases is gorgeous. I feel the same excitement I felt when Queen originally released these albums. So, for that, I want to thank CMI for reminding me what it feels to rediscover these albums. Cheers mate.

I don’t recognise the You Don’t Fool Me (Dub Dance Mix). I’m not a fan of the overtly dance-mix versions of this song, but it is nice to hear anything new. I recall being fond of the ‘Knebworth Mix’. 

Thanks a lot for great message. It's always interesting to read listeners opinion on your works!

Actually I only recently discovered this unique mix, as I always thought this is a simple edit of 'Late mix' (thanks to QueenVault.com) but it's not. As you see I completely omitted all YDFM (awful) remixes by various DJs which I don't accept on an official Queen (PL) product... But these two mixes ('Dub Dance' and 'Late') are both created by late great David Richards (R.I.P.) and are quite exciting and features some unique sounds omitted from the album cut.

FG user not visiting Queenzone.com
FG
Rocker: 31 posts

Posted: 01 Aug 16, 14:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Outstanding!!! As seagull has said this has made me rediscover these two albums, spent most of the bank holiday listening to these. Look forward to the next.Thanks.

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4327 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 16, 08:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One Year Of Love (Alternate Version)
Pain Is So Close To Pleasure (New Version)

What are these? I assume PISCTP is the extended version/single version edited in a structure similar to the single version, and the alternate version of OYOL again uses elements from the extended version from the Highlander metal DVD-set?

cmi

Posted: 12 Aug 16, 10:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, OYOL is unreleased pre-string arrangement version with small guitar solo.

Yes, I used PISCTP extended version to restore full intro and guitar outro in the single edit.

BTW, check out the TXT file inside for details.

davidt548 user not visiting Queenzone.com
davidt548
Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 12 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 16, 13:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

davidt548 user not visiting Queenzone.com
davidt548
Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 12 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 16, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just heard the two albums . crystal clear sound . Congratulations and continue with this great work.????