Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > 1979-12-06 - Empire Theatre, Liverpool, UK - remaster (kind of)

forum rss feed
Author

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10207 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Sep 17, 13:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen
Empire Theatre, Liverpool, UK
December 6, 1979

Lineage : AUD > ? > MC > WAV > Cool Edit Pro > increasing volume on left channel, hiss reduction on left channel,
clip restoration, speed correction, track splitting > WAV > Trader's Little Helper > FLAC level 8 with SBE correction > WinAmp
> tagging > FLAC

This recording has been shared by RabinMurryEC on Queenzone in September 2017 with a small number of people. He claimed
he received it labelled as "Blackpool 79", however no concertography, official or unofficial has such a concert listed,
but after a small collective detective work this recording seems to come from the first Liverpool night from the
Crazy Tour.

The recording is a very high generation copy, the audio quality is pretty bad unfortunately. The left channel had barely
any sound information, and after increasing the volume the amount of background hiss became unbearable. For some reason
the speed was too fast, and the strange thing is that the speedup was constant, almost like it wasn't caused by a tape
running in an incorrect speed. Has it been done intentionally by someone down the line to fit the recording to 1 CD?
Because after slowing it down digitally the recording has 21 seconds more than a CD allows. Anyway, I opened the wav file
provided by RabinMurryEC, increased the volume on both channels, but mostly on the left (something like 40 dB if I remmeber correctly)
and ran it through the clip restoration plugin. Because of the insane amount of hiss uncovered by these changes I had to
reduce it a bit, unfortunately this recording doesn't contain a section which contains ONLY the hiss, so I had to use the
standard presets. I used the softest hiss reduction, because all higher settings damaged the audio too much. The final file
was slowed down to 104% of the original speed, that was just a guess, so I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that
even the taped section of Bohemian Rhapsody seems to play now in the correct speed. I am sorry if the speed is not 100% correct,
I've done it always just by ear and it does sound good to me. Then I split the file, and ran the small wav files through
Trader's Little Helper, which encoded them to FLAC and automatically corrected all SBEs. The file tagging was done in
WinAmp, which really whips the llama's ass, even in 2017.

Please note that almost all of the speeches between songs are cut, and some of the songs are cut too.

Tracklist

CD 1
01. We Will Rock You (cut) [02:50]
02. Let Me Entertain You [02:50]
03. Somebody To Love [06:24]
04. Mustapha [01:58]
05. The Millionaire Waltz (intro only) [00:34]
06. Death on Two Legs [03:07]
07. Killer Queen [01:56]
08. I'm In Love With My Car [02:01]
09. Get Down, Make Love (cut) [04:52]
10. You're My Best Friend [02:03]
11. Save Me [04:10]
12. Now I'm Here (cut) [07:49]
13. Don't Stop Me Now [04:32]
14. Spread Your Wings [05:11]
15. Love of My Life [04:03]

CD 2
01. '39 [03:34]
02. Fat Bottomed Girls [03:59]
03. Keep Yourself Alive / Drum Solo / Guitar Solo / Brighton Rock [09:59]
04. Crazy Little Thing Called Love (cut) [03:11]
05. Bohemian Rhapsody [04:48]

Enjoy and convert to mp3 only for your personal use.

https://mega.nz/#!20sXyZKb!f3NDvLwbx9rxnWFY_KqXx1E8FYI9wLnOSzHqqqE9u1A

Barry Durex user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1884 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 17, 13:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thanked in the deleted thread, so I'll say thanks again here.

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10207 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 17, 13:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BTW if somebody will want the untouched file let me know

tcc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1617 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 17, 14:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you

onedunpark user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 309 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 17, 15:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you.

Batman04 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 179 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 17, 17:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank You

softcalavera2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 228 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 17, 18:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you! please a torrent? or another server? i cant download from Mega, it has a limit.

akan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 578 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 17, 19:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thank you

Nick Browning user not visiting Queenzone.com
Nick Browning
Bohemian: 200 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 17, 21:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank You

tcc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1617 posts

Posted: 23 Sep 17, 21:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here is a torrent for those who need it:

You will need a bittorrent client to download the music. For additional information, view the Bittorrent FAQ.

Please leave your window open when you have finished downloading so that other Queen fans can download.

This file will be customized for you when you download

Attachment: 20179231297448713.torrent 16 KB

View Stats on this torrent

This has been downloaded 25 time(s).

Jimmy Dean user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 544 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 17, 01:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thanks

QSMJohn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 39 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 17, 09:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you, pittrek! :)

scallyuk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 306 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 17, 09:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you. was at this gig ( and the next night where Mull of Kintyre was played) I believe Jim Jenkins has a copy of both nights night "somewhere" in his collection. I know the second night was recorded by someone because the guy behind me on the bus home was playing his cassette copy. . Probably Mono and almost definitely hissy.
At the time the local bootleggers Scouse Pie Tapes were very active but as far as I know it never made it out on their label.

Neil

"amateurs practice till they get it right, professionals practice till they can't get it wrong"
Barry Durex user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1884 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 17, 11:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice info, thanks.

Nitroboy user is on Queenzone.com
Nitroboy
Royalty: 1465 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 17, 13:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

softcalavera2 wrote:

Thank you! please a torrent? or another server? i cant download from Mega, it has a limit.

This doesn't exceed the bandwidth limit

vivaqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com
vivaqueen
Bohemian: 804 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 17, 14:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MERCI BEAUCOUP

Krypto_98 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Krypto_98
Champion: 95 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 17, 16:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

scallyuk wrote:

Thank you. was at this gig ( and the next night where Mull of Kintyre was played) I believe Jim Jenkins has a copy of both nights night "somewhere" in his collection. I know the second night was recorded by someone because the guy behind me on the bus home was playing his cassette copy. . Probably Mono and almost definitely hissy.
At the time the local bootleggers Scouse Pie Tapes were very active but as far as I know it never made it out on their label.

Neil

Hopefully one day they see the light of day!

Chopin1995 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Chopin1995
Bohemian: 289 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 17, 18:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

scallyuk wrote:

Neil

Great news! Could you share some more memories from the 2nd night? It's always fascinating to read fans memories from Queen concerts!

And Thank you Pittrek for remastered version!!!

Unniendo user not visiting Queenzone.com
Unniendo
Bohemian: 119 posts

Posted: 24 Sep 17, 23:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for share, pittrek!

Thistleboy1980 user not visiting Queenzone.com
You wanna ring the bell?
Thistleboy1980
Deity: 3136 posts

Posted: 25 Sep 17, 01:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I used to trade with fella called Joe many moons ago. He used to give me a couple of cassettes to copy in exchange for some of the studio demos I had at the time (stuff you can easily find for free these days), or 2 cassette shows for every one on CD I gave him. I got rid of many several years ago because the quality was crap and I had started finding stuff freely here, and some were lost in a house move. I wish I had held on to them, and my old lists, because I am certain there was a Liverpool '79 cassette - slightly better than this one (albeit still not great quality). I'm also sure it didn't stop at Bo Rhap! I've missed the deleted thread so not sure what has been discussed concerning this show....it definitely is out there in better quality and with more tracks, yes? Or is memory letting me down?

The problem with me is that I didn't always appreciate what I had and didn't realise how important some shows were (or how important it was to document them), regardless of quality. I'm guessing if I had one in better shape, there's even better out there.

It ain't about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit: how much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!