Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > QAL European Tour 2018: post your videos here !!

forum rss feed
Author

Vali user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vali
Deity: 2133 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jun 18, 09:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I tried to change the mood in the "QAL Europe/UK Tour" by posting one of the videos I recorded the other day in Barcelona. It´s the first 4 songs of the show. A nice video. But it got just a couple of comments and the posters went back to their heated arguments about Freddie, Adam, "this is no Queen", blah blah blah, etc etc etc.

Nothing new that hasn´t been argued a thousand times before, but some folks really love to keep playing that game.

I´m a Queen fan. I´m 42 and fell in love with Freddie, Brian, Roger and John back in 1984, when the videoclips for Radio Ga Ga and I Want To Break Free hit the TV. My collection is huge. I love music and many other artists and bands. But Queen will always be my band.

And despite we like Brian+Roger still carrying the Queen torch or not, despite we liked Paul Rodgers or not, despite we like Adam Lambert or not, I found myself the other day giving a standing ovation to Brian and Roger when the show in Barcelona ended and God Save The Queen was playing loud.

I can agree or not with the "artistic" decisions they´ve taken in recent years, but I realized more than ever that I love these guys. I really love them! They´ve been there all my life and have given me so much joy. And they are not young. They are rock legends that have aged but they still want to rock on stage. Yes, they won´t play Tenement Funster, Innuendo or Sail Away Sweet Sister for "us", but Radio Ga Ga, Rock You and Champions instead.

But hey, take a look at their setlists for the past 6 / 7 years. Haven´t they played eventually some songs, even for a limited period of time, that we never thought we would see them playing?

So, since I love ol´Bri and ol´Rog; since I still love seeing them playing live; since I love seeing any video of their current show and debating about their music, their performances, their technique, their highlights and fails, I thought I wanted a thread here, at Queenzone, which has been my home for many years as well, where we can enjoy and discuss what the guys are doing on stage: the arrangements, the tempos, Brian´s solos, Roger´s playing and voice ... yes, even Adam´s delivery, and the lights , and the screens and everything else.

Any other argument about hating Adam, hating Bri+Rog for what they´ve done to the Queen legacy etc etc, please post it elsewhere, but not here.

Thanks.

I´ll start by posting all my videos from Barcelona June 10th.

Please feel free to post your videos from Lisbon, Madrid, Barcelona or any other upcoming show !

Barcelona, June 10th 2018:
Tear It Up / Seven Seas Of Rhye / Tie Your Mother Down / Play The Game

Barcelona, June 10th 2018: Killer Queen

Barcelona, June 10th 2018:
Don´t Stop Me Now / Bicycle Race / I´m In Love With My Car

Barcelona, June 10th 2018: Love Of My Life

Barcelona, June 10th 2018: Somebody To Love (start missing)

Barcelona, June 10th 2018: Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Barcelona, June 10th 2018: The Show Must Go On

Barcelona, June 10th 2018: Bohemian Rhapsody (opera+finale)

Barcelona, June 10th 2018: God Save The Queen

Kuijpy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 567 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 18, 10:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dont like incomplete concerts...

Vali

Posted: 12 Jun 18, 10:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fair enough. You can always buy a ticket, take your cammera and record a complete show, even when they´re building the stage in the morning. And share it here, of course. But that´s not my cup of tea, and from time to time I like pressing "stop" and actually enjoy the concert with my eyes. Anyway, hope you enjoyed what you saw in my videos. Hopefully you, or any other QZer, will eventually post a complete recording here sooner or later.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 2590 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 18, 11:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisbon complete show — Video 1 of 3:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PC0sbne2Zl0

SweetCaroline

Posted: 12 Jun 18, 11:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisbon complete show — Video 2 of 3:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DCqqfJIPVS8

SweetCaroline

Posted: 12 Jun 18, 11:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisbon complete show — Video 3 of 3:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T0tDZmvrIfc

Vali

Posted: 12 Jun 18, 12:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One thing I noticed during the Barcelona show was Roger´s in good shape again. Specially on vocals. I enjoyed him in I´m In Love With My Car, much more than recent/previous times.
And he´s fantastic in Under Pressure. I love the way he sings the "it´s the terror of knowing / what the world is about".

Kuijpy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 567 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 18, 13:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Im not going to pay for glambert haha...

AngelR user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 18, 13:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for starting this thread and sharing your videos. Going to watch it all later.
What I've noticed so far.... Brian is in a good physical shape and state of mind! Hopefully he will keep it this way till the end of this tour.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 480 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 18, 13:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree totally! It would be one thing if Freddie were excluded from the band and someone was chosen over him, but the facts are that he can't sing! No way, no how and having another singer is the only option. Brian and Roger were not looking to start up the band, but then saw Adam and now we are where we are. It was an organic evolution and as old rockers, why shouldn't Brian and Roger be allowed to do what they love best? Being bandmates is in their DNA and nobody but them can determine when they have reached their shelf life. I personally am in awe that they can continue to do this night after night at their age. It just warms my heart and I am so happy for them. I love it when Brian has a matching outfit to Adams, like now with the red trim jacket full of guitars and Adam with the red coat. Or last tour when Brian had that silver bat wing top. I just get the biggest kick out of them and I know when you are paying attention to all these tiny little details that you are having fun and that it is important to you. Aside from my love for them is the fact that they all get on so well and truly have embraced each other. You can see it on the stage when Brian hugs Adam and all their faces just shine. They are happy! They even spend downtime together like a family. This makes me happy for them!

Some here say it is not about the music anymore and all the trappings: outfits, stage props, ete, somehow cheapen the whole show. I disagree wholeheartedly. It is about shows changing in the last 30 years. The majority of shows have all these bells and whistles and even dancers for many of them (glad QAL has none of that!!)! People expect more lights and glitz and something besides just standing on the stage with your instruments (although there are a still a few of those kinds of performers). There is an expectation on the part of the audience now that wasn't there in the 1990's. And of course, when I think of Queen, I think of drama and spectacle, so for me, all of this is quite fitting and makes the show a magical experience. The couch and bicycle are quite well received in the context of the show and are often mentioned as being so delightful, tongue in cheek, in reviews. QAL's show is divided into what I would call chapters and each chapter makes it a whole well rounded show at the end of the day. And of course, you all know, that I am not sure who else could do such a good job singing. I don't think there is anybody else and I know that is personal preference. You don't have to like it, but some of the animus that is shown here maybe isn't necessary either! For me I am glad that thet are having fun singing and introducing music to new fans and that many old fans can also enjoy Queen's music again! A win/win!

Posted: 12 Jun 18, 14:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is there a good video for Play the Game? I would like to listen to that one a few times. I thought it has improved a lot since the first show (too much vibrato), but by the third, it was pretty good and I would love to hear it again! Thanks!

Vali

Posted: 12 Jun 18, 14:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Is there a good video for Play the Game? I would like to listen to that one a few times. I thought it has improved a lot since the first show (too much vibrato), but by the third, it was pretty good and I would love to hear it again! Thanks!

Well, the first of my videos above includes Play The Game. The sound is pretty good and I´m sure you´ll enjoy it. It´s nice they play it full this time, including Brian´s solo. They didn´t play that part the last time I saw them in 2015.

Posted: 12 Jun 18, 16:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks! You took some absolutely amazing videos! I am impressed! They were nice and clear and the vocals and band were stellar. Some of the videos people take are fuzzy and tons of people are singing over the band (and I know everyone wants to sing and I do too), but as far as videos go, it is not optimal for others to watch said videos. I can't wait to put my chromecast on upstairs and then I can watch them on the TV! Thanks so much!

I have listened to two streams and watched individual videos, but seeing 4 songs together, you get much more of a feel for the concert I know a lot of people here don't like the 4 songs together and aren't fond of Tear It Up, calling it a weak song, disappointin. But it works for me when I can now see the 4 songs, one after the other, and how they flow together. I was not really familiar with TIU (but I like it!), and I love Seven Seas of Rhye and TYMD and I am now a fan of the PTG performance. So, I guess I am a happy camper. My absolute favorite intro was Now I'M Here, kind of an intro to Adam? It worked really well with Seven Seas of Rhye and that might be my favorite Intro of the three. Hammer to Fall is a distant third for me. I didn't dislike it, but I liked the other two intros better! Everyone always complains about the set list and at least there were 2 new songs and an old one brought back in the intro alone. With the huge Queen catalog, playing your favorite might be a bit tough. There are just too many and so many of the most popular hits have to be included. So, I really like the start to the concert and think they chose wisely. PTG is a good song for Adam's voice, I think! Well done, Guys!!

AND KUDOS to you VALI for taking the time to post such wonderful videos!

Vali

Posted: 12 Jun 18, 16:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Many tks for your comments, snifflese, really appreciated. I only wish I could have a better cell phone with a better zoom. But anyway I am quite satisfied with my recordings.

Regarding the intro: yes, my favourite was, by far, Now I´m Here. Saw them in Vienna in 2015 and the opening there was One Vision+Stone Cold Crazy. That combo worked pretty well, but then AOBTD was the 3rd song and that was a radical change of style, to my ears.

Next show I saw was Barcelona in 2016 I really liked the opening combination there with Flash+The Hero+Hammer To Fall+Seven Seas Of Rhye+Stone Cold Crazy. Very heavy stuff !

Posted: 12 Jun 18, 17:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I went back to look at the Setlists from 2014 and 2017. This is what they really were:

2014 - Now I"m Here, SCC, AOBTD

2017 - WWRY, Hammer to Fall, AOBTD

I really preferred the 2014 intro and Seven seas of Rhye was sung a little further into the show and not in the Intro.as I thought. I really like that one because it has soaring vocals which seem slightly operatic to me and that is my fav, sound from Adam. It may be part of the reason I like this year's opener so well.

The Hammer to fall in 2017 was good, but my third fav.

I think I am going to be quite fond of this year's intro. Although Adam does a great job with SCC and HTF, that is not where is voice is best suited. The harder rock songs improve each concert, but I would put those at the bottom of my list. I like the songs in the intro this year the best, if I am going by just which songs fit into the type of voice he has. They are all solidly in his wheelhouse
which is a good place to be! But my favorite song over all is Now I'm Here. There are really no winners or losers with Queen's music, but I do think although Adam does a more than credible job on all the songs (don't think any other sing can do that), he is certainly stronger on some than others. I prefer the ones that are not quite so hard hitting. Sure wish I could see them this year. Not sure my new hip will recover in time for Vegas!

Can't believe you took those videos on a phone. They are better than many expensive cameras. Once again, thanks so much. I am going to get a lot of enjoyment from watching these!!

runner_70 user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 954 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 18, 18:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What the f*** is tonute in cheek about the couch and the bycycle. Lamefart looks like a retarded clown mocking Freddie. WHile Freddie was playing piano during Killer Queen Goatboay is acting like a dick

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 20301 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 18, 19:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great to see the boys in action and still having a good time. The second verse of Tear It Up heard live for the first time - excellent !

And Lambert nails the end of The Show Must Go On - the man is a machine.

Nice videos, and incredible that a phone can get this good quality now. Tapers in the 70s would be envious.

Artists must pass on, but sometimes a mix of passion, good fortune, diligence, expertise, and meticulous labor can capture and restore some of the beauty they left behind.

http://www.queenlive.ca
runner_70 user is on Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 954 posts

Posted: 12 Jun 18, 19:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I rahter have a bad blurry Freddie 70's video than a 4K Version of the QAL mess

Posted: 12 Jun 18, 19:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Any other argument about hating Adam, hating Bri+Rog for what they´ve done to the Queen legacy etc etc, please post it elsewhere, but not here. Thanks

RUNNER!! I really don't think you understand English very well, as this ONE thread was prefaced with the above sentence! That means that you can take your nastiness somewhere else as NO ONE HERE wants to deal with it! There should be one thread on Queenzone where people can be friendly and fair and not talk about Adam and the band with the language that you use!

Sunshine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 224 posts

Posted: 13 Jun 18, 07:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just ignore it. Everything you react will spoil this thread.
This is about the music

You ain't seen nothing 'till your down on the muffin...;)