Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Classic Rock: Why Adam is the perfect man for Queen

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4168 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Nov 18, 19:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I didn’t make it up that Freddie was with every guy on the planet. I read those exact words somewhere. Of course it was a metaphor. The same thing was implied in the movie. It is possible that Adam is doing or has done the same thing. I hope he doesn’t endanger his health like Freddie did and is being more careful.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 22 Nov 18, 19:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lots of Freddie photos in this article:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/freddie-mercury-imprisoned-by-fame/

anadamfan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 93 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 18, 20:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I'm relieved AL doesn't overdo it as much as he once did. Because sometimes it was...painful ;-).
He's learned to hold back, and from where and how I look at it, that's the biggest improvement of all.

Yeah I actually really like how he sings now, I wouldn't mind the odd insane vocal run on his solo tour just for fun but not all the time on nearly every song, it loses it's wow factor if you do it all the time, maybe that's why he's toned it down a lot. Plus it can't be great for your voice to do that as much as he used to.

I like it as well. And he still does his insane vocal runs, even with Queen. Just not that often, but still at least once or twice a show. That’s how you can actually say as a listener, when his voice isn’t that well on a concert day. On these days, he refrains from doing these runs.
These runs aren’t a problem for his voice, if done technically right. They would be for an untrained singer.

The whole Queen show is demanding. Therefore it’s structured to make it a bit easier to sing all these songs night after night without hurting the voice (too much). They almost never do more than two shows in a row. That goes for Adam’s solo tours as well, because more would be very hard on the vocal chords.

The Queen shows start with some fast and upbeat songs. They aren’t only there to get the audience going, but also to warm up Adam’s voice. Of course, he and the rest of the band do a vocal warm-up. But Adam has said, that it’s not that extensive, because the first songs are also more warm-up songs. I found it simply astounding: This guy sings WWRY, Hammer to fall, Stone Cold Crazy and so on and says, they are easier for the voice to sing. :-D

Just that shows, what an extraordinary singer he is. These songs sound great, and i know, many singers struggle to perform them in a convincing way, when they just try to sing one. It also shows, how much self-confidence Adam has. Some might call it arrogance. I don’t think, he would have been able to do, what he does without it. You must be brave with a ton of self-confidence to step into Freddie’s role on stage.

As a singer, who ends the main show by singing Who wants to live forever, The Show must go on and BoRhap sometimes even non-stop (with the easier on the voice Radio GaGa thrown in), he has every right to be as confident as he is. He is a monster of a singer.

I know a lot of singers personally. I don’t know or have seen anyone with his abilities. He is not only insanely talented. Adam must have been working to develop his singing techniques for almost his whole life. That was really hard work. Some fans, who try to put Adam down, because he doesn’t play an instrument, seem to have no idea, how much more is behind Adam’s singing ability. Because: We all can sing. To some extend at least. So being a singer is easy, right?

Adam Lambert is someone , to whom a lot of singers and people of musical knowledge are looking up to in absolute aw. Kenny Ortega was shocked, when he heard Adam’s singing ability. He worked with him on „The Rocky Horror Picture show“ and mentioned, he had never heard a talented voice like this. Every take of the song had been a new experience. For your info: That man worked with Michael Jackson and many other big stars. And Adam only had a minor role, no need „to big him up“. And Ortega wasn’t the first one to say things like this.

I know, that doesn’t help Queen fans, who just don’t like Adam or his voice interpreting Queen songs.
So far, nobody has yet been able to bottle that voice and create songs, that showcase it in a great way -other than the Queen catalogue. Or at least some songs of it.

I don’t know, if it will ever happen, but IF Adam ever gets the right songs for his solo career, he might become a huge star. Somehow Brian and Roger can be happy, that it didn’t happen so far...

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5627 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 18, 20:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Liliane wrote:

I don’t get the whole bigging up either? In case you might have missed it Icy, this is the QAL section so it is only natural to post positive articles, tweets, reviews...about QAL and Adam Lambert or to discuss QAL and Adam Lambert. You have plenty of sections on this board where you can talk and discuss Freddie. If you want to discuss Freddie here in relation to Adam or QAL, sure please go ahead. I don’t understand you getting mad about people posting about QAL and Adam on a QAL and Adam board. If anything, you are being off-topic, not Sweetcaroline. It just defies common sense to me. I get that Freddie is very important to you. And that to you, he is a legend, inspiring, talented...And I do agree with you about it. Freddie was really special. But it does not mean that the whole world has to agree with you, feel the way you do or act the way you want. Just so you understand, Adam is as inspiring, talented and special to us his fans as Freddie is to you. And if you don’t feel the same way about Adam, so be it. We’ll just have to agree to disagree. Please stop chastising or impose on SweetCaroline what she can or cannot post. It is frankly getting ridiculous.

As far as I can tell, that's unfair and inaccurate. Lambert fans *here* demonstrate a tribal, cult-like defence of sweetcaroline, who is *here* a nasty piece of work. I wonder how long it will take her to try to hurt some one again by reminding them that Fred's dead, or by mentioning their ill parents? Incidentally, this is not the "QAL section" its a forum for discussion and not a place for reposting tweets, reviews, etc like verbal diarrhoea. If any Queen fan did this on the Queen forums they would hear about it from other forum members but lambert fans argue that sweetcarlolines lambert tourettes is somehow okay. She is a troll who abuses the forum's absence of moderation.

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
SweetCaroline

Posted: 22 Nov 18, 21:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly, so you approve of the non-stop Adam hater trolls (pages and pages of them) but condemn the posts of the people who love him (I am NOT a troll)! I am a fan of both Adam and the magnificent Queen shows he has been so happy and fortunate to share with music legends, Brian May and Roger Taylor!

Posted: 22 Nov 18, 21:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

Liliane wrote:

I don’t get the whole bigging up either? In case you might have missed it Icy, this is the QAL section so it is only natural to post positive articles, tweets, reviews...about QAL and Adam Lambert or to discuss QAL and Adam Lambert. You have plenty of sections on this board where you can talk and discuss Freddie. If you want to discuss Freddie here in relation to Adam or QAL, sure please go ahead. I don’t understand you getting mad about people posting about QAL and Adam on a QAL and Adam board. If anything, you are being off-topic, not Sweetcaroline. It just defies common sense to me. I get that Freddie is very important to you. And that to you, he is a legend, inspiring, talented...And I do agree with you about it. Freddie was really special. But it does not mean that the whole world has to agree with you, feel the way you do or act the way you want. Just so you understand, Adam is as inspiring, talented and special to us his fans as Freddie is to you. And if you don’t feel the same way about Adam, so be it. We’ll just have to agree to disagree. Please stop chastising or impose on SweetCaroline what she can or cannot post. It is frankly getting ridiculous.

As far as I can tell, that's unfair and inaccurate. Lambert fans *here* demonstrate a tribal, cult-like defence of sweetcaroline, who is *here* a nasty piece of work. I wonder how long it will take her to try to hurt some one again by reminding them that Fred's dead, or by mentioning their ill parents? Incidentally, this is not the "QAL section" its a forum for discussion and not a place for reposting tweets, reviews, etc like verbal diarrhoea. If any Queen fan did this on the Queen forums they would hear about it from other forum members but lambert fans argue that sweetcarlolines lambert tourettes is somehow okay. She is a troll who abuses the forum's absence of moderation.

I‘m not sure, if you mean me as well. I did speak up at one point last week. My intention was not to defend the poster SweetCaroline. I see, that some of her posts are not OK. But she does post about Adam or Queen.
I found it baffling, that the poster IronButterfly is apparently never criticized by “Queen-fans“. I think that poster’s comments very seldom add anything to a topic. At least not here. It‘s just a repeat of the repeat of the poster‘s criticism towards SweetCaroline. I haven’t been here for too long. But from what I read on these threads, it’s the combination of these two posters, that‘s responsible for a lot of crap on here. But only one is blamed for it.

I find that unfair, so I spoke up. I don’t think one of them behaves better than the other.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 22 Nov 18, 21:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy/IronButterfly knows I have been empathetic to her when her dog died and also with regard to her ailing parents. She condemns me when I mention Freddie’s death even though she knows I have been a widow since 1973 when my son was 2 years old and my daughter was 2 weeks old. She knows I am a caring, empathetic person but thinks only she has suffered loss. When I call out her nasty remarks about Adam, she retaliates by painting me as the nasty one. I believe it is called projection!

Whatever! In spite of the hard things I have been through, I am a happy, positive person and feel sorry for those who are not.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3847 posts

Posted: 22 Nov 18, 22:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I didn’t make it up that Freddie was with every guy on the planet. I read those exact words somewhere. Of course it was a metaphor. The same thing was implied in the movie. It is possible that Adam is doing or has done the same thing. I hope he doesn’t endanger his health like Freddie did and is being more careful.

Oh you read it somewhere, you say. You said those exact words on QZ. I will go find the post and bump it for you, to point out exactly what you said and how you said it. Quit trying to excuse what you post, or at least own it.
No dear, it wasn't implied in the movie. Maybe you believe the crap that the tabloids was saying about Freddie...sure seems you swallowed the crap they printed about Freddie.
Would you like it if anyone said AL had sex with every gay man on the planet? Like hell you would, but it's ok for you to say it about Freddie. You are so full of it, and here you lie once again.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 22 Nov 18, 22:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

anadamfan wrote:

Holly2003 wrote:

Liliane wrote:

I‘m not sure, if you mean me as well. I did speak up at one point last week. My intention was not to defend the poster SweetCaroline. I see, that some of her posts are not OK. But she does post about Adam or Queen.
I found it baffling, that the poster IronButterfly is apparently never criticized by “Queen-fans“. I think that poster’s comments very seldom add anything to a topic. At least not here. It‘s just a repeat of the repeat of the poster‘s criticism towards SweetCaroline. I haven’t been here for too long. But from what I read on these threads, it’s the combination of these two posters, that‘s responsible for a lot of crap on here. But only one is blamed for it.

I find that unfair, so I spoke up. I don’t think one of them behaves better than the other.

Nah, girl. You slipped. You are another one who comes here to ream me out, defend AL and sweetcaroline. You made that clear days ago.
No Glambert think sweetcaroline can do no wrong and add to her pity party. No wonder why she can't admit to doing and being wrong. She's only year cause she's banned from QOL until next May.
I'm sick and tired of the lies being said about me, and even dragging my ill parents into her twisted agendas. Obviously, you are on her side.
When the hell does she post about Queen? Every blue moon? The dmb assed comparsions that she makes, Freddie's and AL's leg length just recently. And you come here saying I add nothing? The irony is mind boggling.
Have I come across you before other than here?

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 22 Nov 18, 23:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Holly, so you approve of the non-stop Adam hater trolls (pages and pages of them) but condemn the posts of the people who love him (I am NOT a troll)! I am a fan of both Adam and the magnificent Queen shows he has been so happy and fortunate to share with music legends, Brian May and Roger Taylor!

Oh honey. You aren't that much different than any troll or spammer. You think you do it all because of Adam, and for Adam because your own words, he's like a second son to you. That explains everything about the way you see the guy. You think he can do no wrong, and no matter what you want him front and center...of every damn thing.
I admit I've said alot in response to you. At least I've never dragged one of your loved ones illness into it and never was so awful about any illness in your family or loved ones the way you were about me. My parents are heatlthier than me you said, all because you didn't like the fact I posted one of your tweets to AL. You stated here very recently you were one of the best fans because you never tweeted him anything negative, and when I pointed out you actually did tweet him and not only were you negative, you were disgraceful as well, and you didn't admit the tweet was yours, but how upset you were about my posting the tweet, so once again you called me a stalker. Thing is, you aren't so positive the way you think you are. I don't know why you continue to flat out lie. How many times have you said I'm stalking you, the fucked up Trump comparsions, and you to call me hateful, cold hearted, and to blame me for all of your troubles on QOL with no responsblity of your own? Countless times. You can't ever admit to anything you did wrong with your own words right here and there. Sorry, I know what you are like. You want to play the victim and pretend you are without blame,and try to get people to take your side, but I will tell you this...I know differently. I know you lash out over next to nothing, you are too easily insulted and you defend and promote AL any way you can think of. You have big issues.
Your words about Freddie having sex with every gay man on the planet was awful of you, even so it was horrible of you to make such an assumption, but what kind of twisted person posts that about a man you claim to be a fan of? You get so up in arms, defensive and butthurt, about the least little thing some people on Queen boards say about AL, but you are so quick to even demean Freddie and say that about him. The very man who helped pave the way for AL, and AL would not be where he without Freddie, but you're even cruel by assuming that about Freddie. Do bleat on how you feel so wrong by Queen fans while you are so vile, throwing tantrums over any little thng.. sickening really how you always try to prove how your the victim and I'm the nasty one, while you can't even admit to any wrong doing yourself.
Your true colors have shown through time and time again. It's not pretty. Excuse things any way you want but the truth is out there in what you have posted. Your posts here go back to 2012 or 2013 after you first ban from QOL. Nothing's changed since that time. You blamed me then, you blame me every time since for your troubles and other people's too. And not the one time have you had the info or even the decency to provide any proof of any of it whatsoever...because you know as well I do, you don't have any proof. You are mad, upset, bitter, because you can't get things your way on Queen boards and you don't like it when someone has another POV that you don't like. You had something to say about Holly being a hater the last time Holly posted in this sub forum. Goes to show once again how easy you fly off the handle.
Sweetcaroline/CNB, I think Queen boards aren't for you. You must be banned from other AL boards come to think of it. No wonder why you invest so much time and energy in trying to convince people on Queen boards that AL is the best, while you even are horriblly judgemental about Freddie and his sex life.
You continue to sink lower and lower. Basically, you are digging your own hole with your posts. Just so you know, even though you will never realize that, because you lack self awareness and any common sense.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 22 Nov 18, 23:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Icy/IronButterfly knows I have been empathetic to her when her dog died and also with regard to her ailing parents. She condemns me when I mention Freddie’s death even though she knows I have been a widow since 1973 when my son was 2 years old and my daughter was 2 weeks old. She knows I am a caring, empathetic person but thinks only she has suffered loss. When I call out her nasty remarks about Adam, she retaliates by painting me as the nasty one. I believe it is called projection!

Whatever! In spite of the hard things I have been through, I am a happy, positive person and feel sorry for those who are not.

Yes, you can be nice. You were very nice even a few weeks ago. Thank you for that, and I told you then too. Even more recently I called you brave, and I would hug you if I could, but you took no notice of that at all. Goes to show, you don't notice kindness from me.
See, even here you play the victim. At least own the shit you throw my way, and obviously the shit you want others to believe...like the way you are doing here.
You don't know fuck all about me other than my Q+AL views, but you still call me hateful, cold hearted and your Trump comparsions.
I don't need or even want to you to be sorry for me by the way. That wasn't why I explained things to a few times by the way.
Sweetcaroline/CNB...you aren't fooling me. By the looks of it, you aren't fooling Holly either. Truth hurts, I suppose.

Posted: 22 Nov 18, 23:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

Nah, girl. You slipped. You are another one who comes here to ream me out, defend AL and sweetcaroline. You made that clear days ago.
No Glambert think sweetcaroline can do no wrong and add to her pity party. No wonder why she can't admit to doing and being wrong. She's only year cause she's banned from QOL until next May.
I'm sick and tired of the lies being said about me, and even dragging my ill parents into her twisted agendas. Obviously, you are on her side.
When the hell does she post about Queen? Every blue moon? The dmb assed comparsions that she makes, Freddie's and AL's leg length just recently. And you come here saying I add nothing? The irony is mind boggling.

You two go on fighting on every topic I opened in this section for pages. There is actually no chance to see, if a few of your posts might add something. Let’s say, I don’t remember, coming across one.

I stated my opinion this time and last week. I think both of you must be mad. I‘m not on this board to read about the differences between two woman and the history, that you might have.
You seem to suffer under some kind of paranoia. I didn’t come here, because of you. You are saying, other Adam fans did the same as me? Did it ever occur to you, that sensible people might find the ongoing posts between the two of you extremly dumb and worthless? I‘ve seen and posted in several forums. But I can’t remember two people so thick, that they don’t realize, that they are tormenting a whole part of a forum. I opened two threads. Both of them are full of your drivel.

Don’t start again pointing your finger on the other one. It’s both of you.

You’re not even worth more of my time. Sorry, if that has been offensive, but that’s my opinion.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 22 Nov 18, 23:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

anadamfan wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

You two go on fighting on every topic I opened in this section for pages. There is actually no chance to see, if a few of your posts might add something. Let’s say, I don’t remember, coming across one.

I stated my opinion this time and last week. I think both of you must be mad. I‘m not on this board to read about the differences between two woman and the history, that you might have.
You seem to suffer under some kind of paranoia. I didn’t come here, because of you. You are saying, other Adam fans did the same as me? Did it ever occur to you, that sensible people might find the ongoing posts between the two of you extremly dumb and worthless? I‘ve seen and posted in several forums. But I can’t remember two people so thick, that they don’t realize, that they are tormenting a whole part of a forum. I opened two threads. Both of them are full of your drivel.

You’re not even worth more of my time. Sorry, if that has been offensive, but that’s my opinion.

No, I don't suffer from some sort of paranoia. Thanks *sarcasm* for another load of crap you want to throw my way. A bit too obvious why you are here by now.

Posted: 22 Nov 18, 23:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

No, I don't suffer from some sort of paranoia. Thanks *sarcasm* for another load of crap you want to throw my way. A bit too obvious why you are here by now.

Why are you here? Maybe you should think about that.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 22 Nov 18, 23:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

anadamfan wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

Nice deflect...well nice try and nice fail on your part.
I am a Queen fan. I like some of AL's solo music. I even like some things about Q+AL. I don't like every little thing however. I don't hate every little thing either. That's the truth of it.
How about you, again, why are you here? Even though you are a bit too obvious why you are here.

Posted: 22 Nov 18, 23:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

I am a Queen fan. How about you?

The deflection is on your side.
I ask you, to really rethink, why YOU are here. You always question, why others are here. You say, you’re a Queen fan. OK. Then you should ask yourself, why so many of your posts aren’t about Queen or music or QAL. You seem fast to point the fingers on others.

You say, you’re a Queen fan. Then talk about Queen. Or QAL.

That’s what I will do for now. Because I am a music fan. I came to this forum, because I find some of the old topics about Queen and their history very interesting. Since I‘m also an Adam and know more about him than Queen, I felt more interest in talking about the collaboration with him, that’s why I started to post in this part of the forum.

I don’t want to bother other members with this drivel any longer. Sorry to those, that I fell again for seemingly useless exchange.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 22 Nov 18, 23:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

anadamfan wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

I ask you, to really rethink, why YOU are here. You always question, why others are here. You say, you’re a Queen fan. OK. Then you should ask yourself, why so many of your posts aren’t about Queen or music or QAL. You seem fast to point the fingers on others.

That’s what I will do for now. Because I am a music fan. I came to this forum, because I find some of the old topics about Queen and their history very interesting. Since I‘m also an Adam and know more about him than Queen, I felt more interest in talking about the collaboration with him, that’s why I started to post in this part of the forum.

I don’t want to bother other members with this drivel any longer. Sorry to those, that I fell again for seemingly useless exchange.

I read more about Queen than post about them on QZ. But I do discuss the band at times, go search if you don't believe it.
You have come here with your mind made me up almost right away about me. Thing is, before that we barely interacted. You have made snide remarks to and about me, even though I've never said anything remotely like that to or about you here. You make it obvious. Did I reply to you on QOL before this?

Posted: 23 Nov 18, 00:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

I read more about Queen than post about them on QZ. But I do discuss the band at times, go search if you don't believe it.
You have come here with your mind made me up almost right away about me. Thing is, before that we barely interacted. You have made snide remarks to and about me, even though I've never said anything remotely like that to or about you here. You make it obvious. Did I reply to you on QOL before this?

What is QOL?

I didn’t come with any mind made up. I addressed you, because of your constant snide and negative remarks about Adam’s fans. You might have an issue with one member (or maybe more, I won’t know).

Still, you made it sound, as if every fan of Adam, who comes here, is some kind of mad idiot. In this way, yes, you did offend me. You put all of us in the same box.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 23 Nov 18, 00:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

anadamfan wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

What is QOL?

I didn’t come with any mind made up. I addressed you, because of your constant snide and negative remarks about Adam’s fans. You might have an issue with one member (or maybe more, I won’t know).

Still, you made it sound, as if every fan of Adam, who comes here, is some kind of mad idiot. In this way, yes, you did offend me. You put all of us in the same box.

Queenonline.
No not every Adam fan is a mad idoit. I get along with Rockchic very well...she may feel differently who knows and she's free to say so.
More than once Adam fans have joined Queen boards just to promote and defend AL and that fan base and to have a pop at me. You took a little longer than some, but you did that as well. Pretty obvious. Now, I'd understand that a bit more if you and I crossed swords before, but you had things to say about me in a not kind way, even in your recent posts. All it proves is that you are another one with a twisted agenda, who wants people here to take your side of things. Not a good look from your few first posts, gotta say. Not that much difference when sweetcaroline comes here after her bans from QOL blaming me for it.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 23 Nov 18, 01:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

anadamfan, it’s impossible and disgusting! She/they don’t want to chat intelligently about anything. They want to chase Adam fans away from here like they did on QOL. There used to be quite a few of us there at one time. But as soon as we praised Adam we were considered enemies.

They don’t go to the QAL shows but they know everything about them! If they went, they would be blown away but then they wouldn’t have anything to bitch about.

The only way to deal with icy is to ignore her and not respond because otherwise she goes on and on and on to infinity!