Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Classic Rock: Why Adam is the perfect man for Queen

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Nov 18, 01:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

anadamfan, it’s impossible and disgusting! She/they don’t want to chat intelligently about anything. They want to chase Adam fans away from here like they did on QOL. There used to be quite a few of us there at one time. But as soon as we praised Adam we were considered enemies.

They don’t go to the QAL shows but they know everything about them! If they went, they would be blown away but then they wouldn’t have anything to bitch about.

The only way to deal with icy is to ignore her and not respond because otherwise she goes on and on and on to infinity!



anadamfan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 80 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Nov 18, 01:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I decided it’s enough of all that stupid fighting on this thread. Therefore I repost the last post, that was on topic.
I ask everyone, to stay on topic!

anadamfan wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I'm relieved AL doesn't overdo it as much as he once did. Because sometimes it was...painful ;-).
He's learned to hold back, and from where and how I look at it, that's the biggest improvement of all.


Yeah I actually really like how he sings now, I wouldn't mind the odd insane vocal run on his solo tour just for fun but not all the time on nearly every song, it loses it's wow factor if you do it all the time, maybe that's why he's toned it down a lot. Plus it can't be great for your voice to do that as much as he used to.


I like it as well. And he still does his insane vocal runs, even with Queen. Just not that often, but still at least once or twice a show. That’s how you can actually say as a listener, when his voice isn’t that well on a concert day. On these days, he refrains from doing these runs.
These runs aren’t a problem for his voice, if done technically right. They would be for an untrained singer.

The whole Queen show is demanding. Therefore it’s structured to make it a bit easier to sing all these songs night after night without hurting the voice (too much). They almost never do more than two shows in a row. That goes for Adam’s solo tours as well, because more would be very hard on the vocal chords.

The Queen shows start with some fast and upbeat songs. They aren’t only there to get the audience going, but also to warm up Adam’s voice. Of course, he and the rest of the band do a vocal warm-up. But Adam has said, that it’s not that extensive, because the first songs are also more warm-up songs. I found it simply astounding: This guy sings WWRY, Hammer to fall, Stone Cold Crazy and so on and says, they are easier for the voice to sing. :-D

Just that shows, what an extraordinary singer he is. These songs sound great, and i know, many singers struggle to perform them in a convincing way, when they just try to sing one. It also shows, how much self-confidence Adam has. Some might call it arrogance. I don’t think, he would have been able to do, what he does without it. You must be brave with a ton of self-confidence to step into Freddie’s role on stage.

As a singer, who ends the main show by singing Who wants to live forever, The Show must go on and BoRhap sometimes even non-stop (with the easier on the voice Radio GaGa thrown in), he has every right to be as confident as he is. He is a monster of a singer.

I know a lot of singers personally. I don’t know or have seen anyone with his abilities. He is not only insanely talented. Adam must have been working to develop his singing techniques for almost his whole life. That was really hard work. Some fans, who try to put Adam down, because he doesn’t play an instrument, seem to have no idea, how much more is behind Adam’s singing ability. Because: We all can sing. To some extend at least. So being a singer is easy, right?

Adam Lambert is someone , to whom a lot of singers and people of musical knowledge are looking up to in absolute aw. Kenny Ortega was shocked, when he heard Adam’s singing ability. He worked with him on „The Rocky Horror Picture show“ and mentioned, he had never heard a talented voice like this. Every take of the song had been a new experience. For your info: That man worked with Michael Jackson and many other big stars. And Adam only had a minor role, no need „to big him up“. And Ortega wasn’t the first one to say things like this.

I know, that doesn’t help Queen fans, who just don’t like Adam or his voice interpreting Queen songs.
So far, nobody has yet been able to bottle that voice and create songs, that showcase it in a great way -other than the Queen catalogue. Or at least some songs of it.

I don’t know, if it will ever happen, but IF Adam ever gets the right songs for his solo career, he might become a huge star. Somehow Brian and Roger can be happy, that it didn’t happen so far...




Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Nov 18, 01:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

anadamfan, it’s impossible and disgusting! She/they don’t want to chat intelligently about anything. They want to chase Adam fans away from here like they did on QOL. There used to be quite a few of us there at one time. But as soon as we praised Adam we were considered enemies.

They don’t go to the QAL shows but they know everything about them! If they went, they would be blown away but then they wouldn’t have anything to bitch about.

The only way to deal with icy is to ignore her and not respond because otherwise she goes on and on and on to infinity!



Same old story that you think and spread about me and have never provided any proof at all...that I've chased everyonee away. Same old story about poor sweetcaroline/CNB who can never do no wrong. And who turns ugly as can be when you get called out on your crap. Too bad for you, I suppose. You can't handle any truth whatsoever.
I take it you want and need anadamfan and everyone else here to believe your crap with no proof. For once and for all provide proof that I chased so many people away, if you can't shut up about it.
You don't get to say who will be blown away by Q+AL.Like I thought, that was why you bribed me about tickets on QOL. If I took you up on it, you would have wanted me to be blown away by it. There you have it, your pity me party you like to protray for yourself, and your blame game for all to see. What you do is disgusting, shameful really. You treat Queen boards to spam, promote AL and to spread your lies. Don't ever come back at me especially after what you said about my parents and I and what you assumed about Freddie having sex with every gay man on the planet. You are way out of line, whether you realise it or not. You crossed it too many times. It's startling after everything you have done and posted, you can't accept what you have said in your own posts. You have a vende against Queen fans because you think Queen fans don't accept AL because he is gay. You said that in one of your last posts on QOL before you were banned. You wanted to play the poor AL and homophobia card once again. Well, your game is over until next May. That's your own fault, not mine.
For you to continue sink low as you do, its shocking after all this time. You are not one of the best AL fans like you claim you are. You are not the last Glambert to stick it out on QOL that you claimed to be. The fact you think you are, well you are deluded to say the least. No joke, sweetcaroline, I worry about your mental and physical well being. No rational person would behave the way you did and still do. You are so defensive about a guy who doesn't know you at all, and vice versa, what exactly are you hoping to get concerning the guy? Payment, free tickets, some sort of recongition from him? You will never get that by the way you go about things. You are only fooling yourself and lying to yourself now and trying to lie on QZ to other QZ members once again. Why? What is your mindset?

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Nov 18, 01:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

anadamfan wrote:

I decided it’s enough of all that stupid fighting on this thread. Therefore I repost the last post, that was on topic.
I ask everyone, to stay on topic!

anadamfan wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I'm relieved AL doesn't overdo it as much as he once did. Because sometimes it was...painful ;-).
He's learned to hold back, and from where and how I look at it, that's the biggest improvement of all.


Yeah I actually really like how he sings now, I wouldn't mind the odd insane vocal run on his solo tour just for fun but not all the time on nearly every song, it loses it's wow factor if you do it all the time, maybe that's why he's toned it down a lot. Plus it can't be great for your voice to do that as much as he used to.


I like it as well. And he still does his insane vocal runs, even with Queen. Just not that often, but still at least once or twice a show. That’s how you can actually say as a listener, when his voice isn’t that well on a concert day. On these days, he refrains from doing these runs.
These runs aren’t a problem for his voice, if done technically right. They would be for an untrained singer.

The whole Queen show is demanding. Therefore it’s structured to make it a bit easier to sing all these songs night after night without hurting the voice (too much). They almost never do more than two shows in a row. That goes for Adam’s solo tours as well, because more would be very hard on the vocal chords.

The Queen shows start with some fast and upbeat songs. They aren’t only there to get the audience going, but also to warm up Adam’s voice. Of course, he and the rest of the band do a vocal warm-up. But Adam has said, that it’s not that extensive, because the first songs are also more warm-up songs. I found it simply astounding: This guy sings WWRY, Hammer to fall, Stone Cold Crazy and so on and says, they are easier for the voice to sing. :-D

Just that shows, what an extraordinary singer he is. These songs sound great, and i know, many singers struggle to perform them in a convincing way, when they just try to sing one. It also shows, how much self-confidence Adam has. Some might call it arrogance. I don’t think, he would have been able to do, what he does without it. You must be brave with a ton of self-confidence to step into Freddie’s role on stage.

As a singer, who ends the main show by singing Who wants to live forever, The Show must go on and BoRhap sometimes even non-stop (with the easier on the voice Radio GaGa thrown in), he has every right to be as confident as he is. He is a monster of a singer.

I know a lot of singers personally. I don’t know or have seen anyone with his abilities. He is not only insanely talented. Adam must have been working to develop his singing techniques for almost his whole life. That was really hard work. Some fans, who try to put Adam down, because he doesn’t play an instrument, seem to have no idea, how much more is behind Adam’s singing ability. Because: We all can sing. To some extend at least. So being a singer is easy, right?

Adam Lambert is someone , to whom a lot of singers and people of musical knowledge are looking up to in absolute aw. Kenny Ortega was shocked, when he heard Adam’s singing ability. He worked with him on „The Rocky Horror Picture show“ and mentioned, he had never heard a talented voice like this. Every take of the song had been a new experience. For your info: That man worked with Michael Jackson and many other big stars. And Adam only had a minor role, no need „to big him up“. And Ortega wasn’t the first one to say things like this.

I know, that doesn’t help Queen fans, who just don’t like Adam or his voice interpreting Queen songs.
So far, nobody has yet been able to bottle that voice and create songs, that showcase it in a great way -other than the Queen catalogue. Or at least some songs of it.

I don’t know, if it will ever happen, but IF Adam ever gets the right songs for his solo career, he might become a huge star. Somehow Brian and Roger can be happy, that it didn’t happen so far...




You didn't ask anyone to stay on topic. How is "I ask everyone to stay on topic!" a question. Sorry dear, you aren't the modertator or admin here. You clearly want thngs done your way. Hmm.

Liliane user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 32 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Nov 18, 01:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anadamfan: agree let’s just get back on topic. Since you are an Adam fan and a music fan, i was just wondering what are your favorite Adam solo songs and which songs from the Queen catalogue do you think Adam is best at interpreting?

Liliane user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 32 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Nov 18, 01:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would love to hear your picks as well Rockchic. Thank you btw for showing me how to quote on this forum :)

Iron Butterfly, as much as I disagree with you, I am extremely sorry to hear about your ailing parents. I hope they get better soon. My most sincere wishes and regards to your parents. Setting aside our disagreements here, I do admire your devotion and piety to your parents. Take care.

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
MisterCosmicc
Bohemian: 606 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Nov 18, 01:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

anadamfan, it’s impossible and disgusting! She/they don’t want to chat intelligently about anything. They want to chase Adam fans away from here like they did on QOL. There used to be quite a few of us there at one time. But as soon as we praised Adam we were considered enemies.

They don’t go to the QAL shows but they know everything about them! If they went, they would be blown away but then they wouldn’t have anything to bitch about.

The only way to deal with icy is to ignore her and not respond because otherwise she goes on and on and on to infinity!



I'm not sure what you are referring to, and I know some of the people you are talking about actually enjoy Adam, but not in the extremist approach you choose, but I think everything I've seen from his performances visually is boring or disgusting.

I think Adam makes a great pop record, not something I like, but I think it's great for those who love bubblegum teenybopper pop... but I also think his dance moves are a train wreck. I'm judging this on things his fans post...

MisterCosmicc user not visiting Queenzone.com
MisterCosmicc
Bohemian: 606 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Nov 18, 01:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

... but I think live, he's a fucking mess compared to Freddie. And sometimes a mess is great, I love Brian Wilson, and he can't sing like he used to, he sits at his piano and waves his hands around... but it's still satisfying. Adam isn't. Adam is forgetful.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Nov 18, 02:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mister Cosmicc, which LIVE QAL and/or Adam solo shows have you attended in the past 9 years since he became known?



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Nov 18, 02:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

SweetCaroline wrote:

anadamfan, it’s impossible and disgusting! She/they don’t want to chat intelligently about anything. They want to chase Adam fans away from here like they did on QOL. There used to be quite a few of us there at one time. But as soon as we praised Adam we were considered enemies.

They don’t go to the QAL shows but they know everything about them! If they went, they would be blown away but then they wouldn’t have anything to bitch about.

The only way to deal with icy is to ignore her and not respond because otherwise she goes on and on and on to infinity!



I'm not sure what you are referring to, and I know some of the people you are talking about actually enjoy Adam, but not in the extremist approach you choose, but I think everything I've seen from his performances visually is boring or disgusting.

I think Adam makes a great pop record, not something I like, but I think it's great for those who love bubblegum teenybopper pop... but I also think his dance moves are a train wreck. I'm judging this on things his fans post...


Teenybooper pop? I got to say, I never thought of it that way before. I don't think I could. It's pop and EDM is how I think of his music as with a few ballads. Truthfully, I do like some of his solo music. My least favorite album is Trespassing actually, I don't think his heart was 100% in that album.
He kind of is boring, he needs to shake his solo music up somehow, branch out. And he just might do that, this time?
His moves onstage, honestly I don't like that very much. For example, crawling around during GDML...yikes.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Nov 18, 02:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Liliane wrote:

I would love to hear your picks as well Rockchic. Thank you btw for showing me how to quote on this forum :)

Iron Butterfly, as much as I disagree with you, I am extremely sorry to hear about your ailing parents. I hope they get better soon. My most sincere wishes and regards to your parents. Setting aside our disagreements here, I do admire your devotion and piety to your parents. Take care.


Thank you very much.
Kudos to you.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Nov 18, 02:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

... but I think live, he's a fucking mess compared to Freddie. And sometimes a mess is great, I love Brian Wilson, and he can't sing like he used to, he sits at his piano and waves his hands around... but it's still satisfying. Adam isn't. Adam is forgetful.


If I can be honest, AL is not very natural at times. Almost as if he is still trying to hard at times.
Yes, he can be forgetful. ;-).

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 158 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Nov 18, 06:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

MisterCosmicc wrote:

... but I think live, he's a fucking mess compared to Freddie. And sometimes a mess is great, I love Brian Wilson, and he can't sing like he used to, he sits at his piano and waves his hands around... but it's still satisfying. Adam isn't. Adam is forgetful.


If I can be honest, AL is not very natural at times. Almost as if he is still trying to hard at times.
Yes, he can be forgetful. ;-).


Completely agree. I believe at one time Adam had a more natural stage presence. I don't know if it's the pressure of performing with former members of Queen, but I too feel like he tries a bit too hard, which I don't think he did earlier on (in solo shows). Less pressure, cause it's his own material?

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 158 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Nov 18, 07:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

anadamfan wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Brancelli wrote:

Is touring with Queen a detriment to Adam’s voice, due to the difficulty of the catalog? I think Adam perhaps has lost a bit the last couple of years. I don’t think he can hit the notes he could 5 years ago. Still a very solid singer, but can he still sing something like Sleepwalker (Russia version) or A Change is Gonna Come (American Idol)? I don’t think he can. Hope I’m wrong. I do think he could still sing something like Soaked very well though.


There are times he hold back. I really think he did hold back with a recent version of WWTLF, then again, he wasn't singing in onstage with Brian and Roger.
He can still hit the notes, but I think he holds back every now and then as not to risk damaging his vocal cords.

Yes, there are times, he holds back.

His voice is also still changing/growing in a natural way. A man‘s voice still changes a lot after the vocal change in puberty.

Male voices are only completely developed and at their strongest between 35—45 years. That depends on the voice: the higher tenor voice is usually at its strongest between 35-40, while a very low bass needs longer to develop. Trained singers know, how to hold the level for a much longer time. Still, they can’t speed up the development.

That means, Adam’s voice should be at its absolute peak about this time now. It also means, that it is indeed possible, that through the sheer natural growth of his voice, he might not be able to sing the highest notes, that he did on idol any longer. Or not in a safe way, without damaging his voice.
I did notice, that his voice grew a bit lower through the years.

I can assure you, that it’s a completely natural process and has nothing to do with the demand of the Queen songs. Adam matured and also got a little wiser and calmer by doing so.


Great response. Thanks. Hope it is one that is accurate in regards to Adam. I'm a Queen fan who also believes Adam Lambert is a very technically skilled singer. That said, I've never thought his voice was a good fit with Queen.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Nov 18, 17:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam’s voice doesn’t sound like Freddie’s voice like Marc Martel’s does, So is that why people think it doesn’t suit the Queen music and catalog?

Evidently Brian and Roger have other reasons why they prefer to tour with Adam.

I agree that Freddie’s tone was richer but I still say when they were projecting Freddie at the end of BoRhap and his voice was being alternated with Adam, they sounded pretty much the same.




Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 430 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Nov 18, 18:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Adam’s voice doesn’t sound like Freddie’s voice like Marc Martel’s does, So is that why people think it doesn’t suit the Queen music and catalog?

Evidently Brian and Roger have other reasons why they prefer to tour with Adam.

I agree that Freddie’s tone was richer but I still say when they were projecting Freddie at the end of BoRhap and his voice was being alternated with Adam, they sounded pretty much the same.



No, their voices don’t sound the same. But since they are singing the same song and AL wants to match with the video and sound, he sang the exact same note in the same way. It should sound very similar then and it does. And of course, this being a very high note, makes it easy for Lambert to match it.

Yes, Brian & Roger like Adam and it’s rather clear by now, that they won’t tour with someone else after that.

Why do some fans still prefer someone else? I could tell you several reasons. I will explain only two. They were the reasons, why I was in doubt of going in the beginning:

A - It’s hard to accept a new singer in every case. That’s true for all bands, who lost thei4 frontman. We all know, that following Freddie Mercury is possibly the hardest task of all. That combined with the fact, that Lambert is so much younger than the rest of the (original) band, makes it almost impossible to accept him from the start. He was a complete newbie to me. Never heard of him. Agewise he could easily be Freddie’s son. Some even said grandson. How can a collaboration with such a young fellow with these old rockers work?
I don’t know any of the more successful bands, that is made of such an unusual combination. (I think Journey did the same a few years ago though?)

don’t forget: The fans, who saw the original Queen are a bit older, too. For me, Lambert was simply too young, to be taken seriously as the new leadsinger for that band.
That’s the reason, why some prefer Paul Rodgers. He’s a (bluesy) rocker of a similar age as Queen and their fans.

B) Lambert’s voice may sound very similar in a few places. On the whole, it doesn’t. At all. I‘m OK with it. Some will never be interested in QAL, because they will prefer old memories and the sound of the records. Because it was different.
That’s the big plus of Martel.

Can you accept that?

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Nov 18, 19:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

MisterCosmicc wrote:

... but I think live, he's a fucking mess compared to Freddie. And sometimes a mess is great, I love Brian Wilson, and he can't sing like he used to, he sits at his piano and waves his hands around... but it's still satisfying. Adam isn't. Adam is forgetful.


If I can be honest, AL is not very natural at times. Almost as if he is still trying to hard at times.
Yes, he can be forgetful. ;-).


Completely agree. I believe at one time Adam had a more natural stage presence. I don't know if it's the pressure of performing with former members of Queen, but I too feel like he tries a bit too hard, which I don't think he did earlier on (in solo shows). Less pressure, cause it's his own material?


Some say he can do whatever he wants during Q+AL concerts, if true, I don't think that would put pressure on him.
He's rigid at times. Almost of if he's acting.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Nov 18, 19:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think it's because AL is younger. I think much of has to do with peerage. No way, is AL peer of Brian and Roger, or other classic rock acts.
Let's not forget, Brian and Roger were quite dismissive of shows like Idol, etc.
Maybe simplest of all, it wasn't Lambert who put his blood, sweat and tears into the work that it took to create Queen songs.


rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1745 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Nov 18, 19:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Some say he can do whatever he wants during Q+AL concerts, if true, I don't think that would put pressure on him.
He's rigid at times. Almost of if he's acting.


He has a lot of freedom in how he chooses to sing and act on stage but due to the staging, lights and all the cued things that are happening he can't just wing it and play around at will he has to keep to the timing of how the show has been set out and rehearsed, i.e. they have to be stood in the right place for the lights and lasers etc and the cannons on the foot of the stage, Brian nearly ended up being blasted by one last year when he wasn't paying 100% attention. Also he has to keep to the timing and flow of the show or they wouldn't fit everything in.

In his own shows which don't have the same type of set up and where he has a backing band he can pretty much do what he wants, they will just wait while he talks to the audience, plays around or ad libs or whatever. I suppose they could do a Queen show that way if they wanted but they seem to like having it tightly rehearsed and more like a cross between a concert and a theater show.



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Nov 18, 19:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Some say he can do whatever he wants during Q+AL concerts, if true, I don't think that would put pressure on him.
He's rigid at times. Almost of if he's acting.


He has a lot of freedom in how he chooses to sing and act on stage but due to the staging, lights and all the cued things that are happening he can't just wing it and play around at will he has to keep to the timing of how the show has been set out and rehearsed, i.e. they have to be stood in the right place for the lights and lasers etc and the cannons on the foot of the stage, Brian nearly ended up being blasted by one last year when he wasn't paying 100% attention. Also he has to keep to the timing and flow of the show or they wouldn't fit everything in.

In his own shows which don't have the same type of set up and where he has a backing band he can pretty much do what he wants, they will just wait while he talks to the audience, plays around or ad libs or whatever. I suppose they could do a Queen show that way if they wanted but they seem to like having it tightly rehearsed and more like a cross between a concert and a theater show.


Wow. You are the first one to ever exp!ain it that way, and I agree.
I think he shouldn't be allowed to do what he wants in Q+AL shows, mainly because it's not his music.
It's strange somewhat to me, I know the guys rehearse very little, and maybe it's done that way on purpose. With a stage set up the way Q+AL has been doing, I'd think they would be rehearsing more, not less. And I can't get over thinking the shows are more Broadway than a rock n roll concert.