forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Jan 19, 23:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here is an updated sales chart of the Rhapsody Tour shows this summer:

http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12z3OAug4qkgsAFNqwZSZJby4TNBdDOkdzIQmUsUDa3E/htmlview

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 05:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hardly anything left! Boston (my show) is totally sold out. It will be rocking at the Xfinity Center!! Can't wait. Too bad I have to have a knee replacement end of April. I hope I will be back to a semblance of myself by then!! As long as I can hobble in there on crutches, although I should be fairly OK by then! I better be!!

Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 11:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

62 million dollars.

PrimeJiveUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 486 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 13:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's doing well.

I wonder if they could ever fill a stadium anywhere in the U.S. like U2 or the Stones can? I seriously doubt it, but it's something to ponder.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1659 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 15:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pim Derks wrote:

62 million dollars.

Shit sells like a hotcake

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 17:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sweet Caroline...does this person that makes this spreadsheet on the Rhapsody tour also have this for other current artists tours?

SweetCaroline

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 18:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PrimeJiveUSA, I don’t know the source. Came up on my Twitter.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 19:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

PrimeJiveUSA, I don’t know the source. Came up on my Twitter.

So anyone could have came up with it and you posted about it not even knowing where it came from other than it came up on your Twitter? Yeah, I'm not putting much stock in those figures.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1745 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 20:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just been checking the tickets online, pretty much how it looks on that spreadsheet, single seats only left at some venues, platinum seats only at some and just a handful of seats at others and lots with extra side stage seats added, would only be able to see the back of them so you'd have to be really keen to go for those.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 21:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, icy, it is someone who has coordinated that information before and has had access to the correct numbers, not someone who is making it up out of nothing. Positive thoughts, icy, try to be positive instead of negative.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 21:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

No, icy, it is someone who has coordinated that information before and has had access to the correct numbers, not someone who is making it up out of nothing. Positive thoughts, icy, try to be positive instead of negative.

I'd sooner take Rockchic's word for it than yours. You didn't even know where the info came from. You admi to that, so how am I being negative.

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 01:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is someone on Marie's website (she keeps track of everything about Adam) who does this. It is something about Treasure something. I can never remember the web site but I don't think Adam has done anything professionally w/o it being somewhere on there. Someone on there keeps track of all the numbers for the tours (Adam and QAL, the number of CD's sold, digital streaming, the works). There is also a gal on Adamtopia who tracks all the stats and I would trust anything they come up with. I know a couple of years ago one of the Texas shows wasn't selling and they were lamenting, so they post the high and the low. They wouldn't pretend it is sold out, if it weren't. I checked a couple of venues on Ticket Master and they concur. There is hardly anything left. Now I don't know about secondary sites trying to resell, but that doesn't affect the numbers, as someone has initially bought them. It was pretty sold out after the first few days. They added 2 shows and seats no one would ever want to sit in. I would take it to the bank that this show is a sell out. Amazing for 2 old pensioners (right, Runner??). Millions of fans really want to see them and Adam. I am happy for them as Brian and Roger work their butts off and there won't be that many more tours, so they will have great memories for later on. You want to go out with a bang!! They can certainly say they have. They have both mentioned numerous times, that they never in their wildest dreams would have thought that anything like this would be happening to them at this point in their life and I am happy for them.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 02:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Between the live tours and being able to complete the Freddie biopic, Brian and Roger have pretty much accomplished their dreams. Winning awardsf for the movie is frosting on the cake. I recommend the book about the movie and the sound track CD.

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 04:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Snifflese

Was the Texas show that wasn't selling a couple of years ago a QAL show or just an AL show?

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 04:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was an Adam show and it was more than a few years ago (seemed more recent). It was in 2011 in Lubbock, Texas and it was a former slaughterhouse turned into a pavilion for shows but had no AC and was a pretty poor venue, rather rundown. We lived in Texas for 3 years and I cannot imagine a show with no AC with as hot and humid as it gets down there!! Now and again there are some shows which are a little slower in certain parts of the country for both Adam tours and QAL. I remember, however, that pretty much all venues were pretty close to full for QAL shows and the same for Adam shows. His are much smaller, of course, but he sold well also. I saw him on each of his tours and he has a really good show. I enjoyed every one of them. I do trust the numbers from the gals at Adamtopia. This QAL tour is the quickest selling of all of them and I am sure the movie helped a lot.

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 09:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Amazing for 2 old pensioners (right, Runner??). Millions of fans really want to see them and Adam. I am happy for them as Brian and Roger work their butts off and there won't be that many more tours, so they will have great memories for later on. You want to go out with a bang!! They can certainly say they have. They have both mentioned numerous times, that they never in their wildest dreams would have thought that anything like this would be happening to them at this point in their life and I am happy for them.

I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that two ex rock icons would step that low. Thats true

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 09:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

It was in 2011 in Lubbock, Texas and it was a former slaughterhouse turned into a pavilion for shows .

Sounds like the fitting venue for someone making a living out of butchering other people's songs

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 14:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That is the venue where EVERYONE plays who comes there. Always making things out to be negative. You must be a joy in real life!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 19:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I remember someone talking about that show in Lubbock, TX. The temp was over a hundred both outside and inside. It was a metal building w/o AC that was like being in hell. Adam, band and audience were in a pool of sweat.

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 19:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I remember, too, that it sounded just horrible. I am sure there were no repeat performances there!! Somebody didn't vet it, prior to booking unfortunately!!