Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > 2019 US tour announced

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Dec 18, 13:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr right and runner have never been to a live show so they are clueless!

When I was on-line yesterday the seats were disappearing like hot cakes. Ticketmaster has a very improved user friendly system now!

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2602 posts

Posted: 08 Dec 18, 14:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr right wrote:

Selling tickets fast means nothing, look at Adele, Ed Sheeran, Take That etc...... all cheesy drivel.
Just means many people have dire taste in popular music.

So the sold out Magic Tour, the 120,000 plus at Hyde Park in 76, Rock in Rio two night sell out in 85 all meant nothing

People have a dire taste in popular music. . . . You are an idiot. If you're not than those Queen tickets are a reflection on bad taste.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 08 Dec 18, 17:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen + Adam Lambert dominate ticket selling:

http://www.ticketnews.com/tag/adam-lambert/

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1659 posts

Posted: 08 Dec 18, 18:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

When I was on-line yesterday the seats were disappearing like hot cakes. Ticketmaster has a very improved user friendly system now!

I have never been to a Britney Spears or Backstreet Boys show as well. I know it is shit and I would hate it. So your point is clueless

SweetCaroline

Posted: 08 Dec 18, 19:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam doesn’t lip sync like Britney and other performers! He is made for live performing and always sounds better live than his studio recordings. Meat Loaf called it “overdrive” and said only Aretha, Whitney and Adam had/have it !!!

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1659 posts

Posted: 08 Dec 18, 20:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Adam doesn’t lip sync like Britney and other performers! He is made for live performing and always sounds better live than his studio recordings. Meat Loaf called it “overdrive” and said only Aretha, Whitney and Adam had/have it !!!

I made the mistake and clicked on the link where he "Performed" CHampions in some dance crap show. He sounded like a dog wanting a bone. His vocal acrobatics have become even more annyoing than they were. And his ridiculous women's voice sounded even more atrocious. He did not move one bit and looked like the twat he is.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 08 Dec 18, 20:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is one of my favorites:

http://youtu.be/aFCgIkG1Ttc

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts

Posted: 08 Dec 18, 21:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Like you mouthing off about Sam Smith and Adele being boring, miserable etc even though you have never seen those two artists live?

SweetCaroline

Posted: 08 Dec 18, 21:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Right! I might have liked them better live. Have YOU seen them live?

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts

Posted: 08 Dec 18, 21:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Right! I might have liked them better live. Have YOU seen them live?

No that's not what you said about them. You said they were boring, miserable and without even listening to one of their albums. The most you ever listened and watched Sam Smith was at Rock and Rio and you had much to say about that, and nothing good, that you couldn't even hear him.
No, I haven't seen them live, but I don't need to see things live to know what I like or don't like. Do you? Or do you just want a cut of Q+AL profits?
Every Q+AL tour you give people crap 'asking' if people attended Q+AL shows or not. If people don't go, you think their views don't even matter. Even when people go, and something is posted that there was thing/s they didn't like, that's still not good enough for you.
I dare say if I went to a Q+AL concert, that I still wouldnt like the coronet for example.
Don't be a hypocrite again, sweetcaroline/CNB. You have said an awful lot about artists ( and even their fans) that you don't like even from not listening or watching much by them, but look out if someone dares say something you don't like regarding AL.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5476 posts

Posted: 08 Dec 18, 22:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

This is one of my favorites:

http://youtu.be/aFCgIkG1Ttc>

Here is a picture of a kitten.

http://i.pinimg.com/originals/1e/53/f4/1e53f4e398a2c278f4f560ff37b3473d.jpg

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 00:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

But look out if Caroline posts, cause Icy is there to get her!!! I think you can get a good idea whether or not you would like something in a youtube, BUT it is nothing like being at a concert. AND I think with Adam's voice it is even more problematic. He is very hard for the sound guys to get the sound right (no idea what the word is, Mic up, maybe??) because of his range. Then too he sounds different on every stream depending on where the recorder sits. He also always sounds better live than recorded. I have seen him on every tour he has done, his own and QAL and he changes songs up and they song and his voice don't sound like a youtube. His real voice and his recorded voice are quite different. I haven't experience that with other singers. What you hear as a weak voice, fills the who arena and is very powerful. It is correct to say, you would probably like his vice better in a concert than recorded or on a stream.

Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 10:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

But look out if Caroline posts, cause Icy is there to get her!!! I think you can get a good idea whether or not you would like something in a youtube, BUT it is nothing like being at a concert. AND I think with Adam's voice it is even more problematic. He is very hard for the sound guys to get the sound right (no idea what the word is, Mic up, maybe??) because of his range. Then too he sounds different on every stream depending on where the recorder sits. He also always sounds better live than recorded. I have seen him on every tour he has done, his own and QAL and he changes songs up and they song and his voice don't sound like a youtube. His real voice and his recorded voice are quite different. I haven't experience that with other singers. What you hear as a weak voice, fills the who arena and is very powerful. It is correct to say, you would probably like his vice better in a concert than recorded or on a stream.

You say that as if no one has ever been to a concert before except you and sweetcaralarm. Concert sounds different to studio recording -- Wow, what a revelation!

In fact, this is all about creating a "safe space" here for Lambert fans to gush as much as they want without allowing anyone else to have an opinion about anything. You just like to drown out any view about anything Lambert-related that isn't 100% positive. It's very odd, obsessive behaviour.

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
SweetCaroline

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 13:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly, if you have been to a live Queen/Adam show I will listen to your opinion. Otherwise, you are blowing in the wind. The shows (not just Adam) are magnificent and there are plenty of Freddie fans who agree.

Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 13:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for proving my point.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 13:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hopeless!

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 14:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, some of you act as if he has this thin, weak voice and since it doesn't sound like that in the concert, you must be basing it on something else (probably delusional minds at least on Runner's part). You can say what you like about his voice as it isn't like Freddie and more hair metal than rock in the school of Paul Rogers. It doesn't need to be a safe space, grown ups can have a chat, but some of you start with the c..t word and really nasty stuff which adults don't do in a discussion. Maybe if you could talk about this reasonably it would be fine, but you guys don't. Most of it is ugly and very nasty and it isn't Adam's fans that post like that. You people are the odd possessive ones hanging on to a version of Queen that just isn't possible anymore. Most of Adam's fans have moved on and enjoy what is being offered right now by Roger and Brian and for most of the concert goers it is more than enough and winds up being a delightful experience. Nobody says you have to approve, but you don't have to be ugly either in your posts.

Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have tried to talk about QAL reasonable only to be drowned out by a chorus of obsessive fans. No one is allowed to express even constructive criticism in this forum. Your post above has the usual collective nagging, insinuations, lies. You're like a Lambot, programmed to defend your guy. I don't see much evidence of any self awareness or any critical thought. It's always somebody else's fault. There are aspects of the current set up I like but you guys -- and by that I mean you and sweetcaralarm -- suck all the life out of it with your incessant nattering.

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Back at you!!

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 14:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would like to see a reasonable discussion from the Queen fans here with few exceptions. Runner and a few of his ilk start with the filthy language and call Adam names and resort to homopohbic cliches as do some of the others. I always laugh as Freddie was pretty gay himself, but I guess a deity can get away with that! Then there is Icy with the past hurts and obsessive Freddie love. I think that pretty much covers those that post here and which of the above do you consider rational and pleasant?