Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > 2019 US tour announced

forum rss feed
Author

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5478 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 15:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie was gay? Insightful stuff once more. Any moment now SC will remind us Fred is dead.


"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 15:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The way some of you go on about Adam and his "drag" clothes and his voice and prancing on stage and other really ugly things I am not going to mention, then one would assume that since those things were also true of Freddie, you wouldn't like him either for the reasons often brought up here about Adam. Yet he gets a pass, but Adam doesn't/ To me there seems to be a lot of veiled homophobia on the part of die hard Queen fans, yet Freddie was gay, but somehow for Adam it becomes a problem. Makes no sense to me at all.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5478 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 15:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It suits your purposes to lump everyone into "die hard Queen fans" so you can avoid any serious conversation.


"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 15:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If the shoe fits, just as you have lumped me into a "Glambert"!

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5478 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 16:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nope, I specifically mentioned you and SC. I note you don't deny your own shortcomings though.


"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1659 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 16:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

Freddie was gay? Insightful stuff once more. Any moment now SC will remind us Fred is dead.


First of all she will tell you about the crown thing and the yellow jacket at Live Aid-their greatest show ever!

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1659 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

The way some of you go on about Adam and his "drag" clothes and his voice and prancing on stage and other really ugly things I am not going to mention, then one would assume that since those things were also true of Freddie, you wouldn't like him either for the reasons often brought up here about Adam. Yet he gets a pass, but Adam doesn't/ To me there seems to be a lot of veiled homophobia on the part of die hard Queen fans, yet Freddie was gay, but somehow for Adam it becomes a problem. Makes no sense to me at all.


I have told you more than once noone fucking cares if he fucks a guy in the butt or a sheep. He is an abysmal perormer and singer and he is destroying Queen songs. SO calling you a cunt is completely right for your senseless drivel

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1750 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 16:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

He is an abysmal perormer and singer and he is destroying Queen songs.


But clearly he isn't or there would be no one going to these shows. You don't like him or how he sings/performs but that's subjective, objectively he's good at what he does. Facts are facts, people don't keep going back to watch rubbish.



snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 17:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If those those homophobic things you always bring up, don't matter, then you don't need to say them. What would be the point and I assume you are trying to make one? There must be a reason for so many of your posts to have homophobic statements in them. I don't keep rambling on about things that don't matter to me or don't pertain to the discussion at hand. I don't believe you at all and it really needs to stop.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 18:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen fans want a Freddie clone. That’s why a lot of them prefer the sound alike voice of Marc Martel. But Brian and Roger want the spirit of Freddie and that’s why they like Adam.

I have said I like Jeff Scott Soto. If these old legends keep on going and they find another guy to replace Adam, I think I could accept it better than the stubborn people who refuse to accept Adam. I could see the young man who just won the X Factor because he has an amazing, flexible, spontaneous voice that goes to unexpected places sounding very unique.



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 19:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Queen fans want a Freddie clone. That’s why a lot of them prefer the sound alike voice of Marc Martel. But Brian and Roger want the spirit of Freddie and that’s why they like Adam.

I have said I like Jeff Scott Soto. If these old legends keep on going and they find another guy to replace Adam, I think I could accept it better than the stubborn people who refuse to accept Adam. I could see the young man who just won the X Factor because he has an amazing, flexible, spontaneous voice that goes to unexpected places sounding very unique.



I dont want a Freddie clone. Nor do I need one. I'm happy with what he left us with and the fact his legacy is living on. Something that you are pretty blind about.
Do you really think AL has the spirit of Freddie and that's why Brian and Roger picked AL?! Where's the proof of that? I thought you said he was picked because of his voice, man it's amazing and appalling how you change your stories to suit yourself. Hate to tell you, it's not fate or destiny that AL is the one singing Queen songs, although that's exactly what you have posted a few times. I bet you still feel it's fate and destiny.
No, you couldn't even accept Lady GaGa and Nate onstage for only one song they sang with Brian and Roger. You want and need all the attention for and to AL You wouldn't be able to accept anyone else, other than AL, singing Queen songs. Don't even try to pretend otherwise.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 19:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Holly, if you have been to a live Queen/Adam show I will listen to your opinion. Otherwise, you are blowing in the wind. The shows (not just Adam) are magnificent and there are plenty of Freddie fans who agree.


Yep, you prove my point. You want people to go to Q+AL shows and then you "allow" views, but sometimes not even then. Because everyone has to say everything was spectacular! Magnificent! And then you allow those type of posts.
Man, you are just too obvious.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 19:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I would like to see a reasonable discussion from the Queen fans here with few exceptions. Runner and a few of his ilk start with the filthy language and call Adam names and resort to homopohbic cliches as do some of the others. I always laugh as Freddie was pretty gay himself, but I guess a deity can get away with that! Then there is Icy with the past hurts and obsessive Freddie love. I think that pretty much covers those that post here and which of the above do you consider rational and pleasant?


Another thing you'd like to see, all the while you throw crap at me.
Yes, Freddie was gay. I think we all know that. No one has ever denied he was gay either.
Funny how you call me obessive about Freddie after I said sweetcaroline/CNB is obessive. Again, you don't see me posting everything to do with Freddie, posting personal pics and info about Freddie, etc, that's just two examples that sweetcaroline has done about AL many times. There was one point on QOL, she even posted the flight details about which plane AL was on as he was actually travelling on it. And you want to call me obessed. Nah, I'm not even close to being obsessed, especially compared to sweetcaroline.
It's funny how you try to turn the tables and throw crap especially at me. And now Holly is in your sights.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 19:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can you post something new, icy, instead of just stalking me? It’s quiet over at QOL. Isn’t it time for you to do some muckraking over there?


Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 19:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Can you post something new, icy, instead of just stalking me? It’s quiet over at QOL. Isn’t it time for you to do some muckraking over there?


Can you post something about Freddie or Queen? Without being shocked about short shorts and Freddie being barefoot? Apparently not.Good thing you are not a Queen fan.
Are you already planning to post world clocks, stramers glowing reviews and glowing tweets only...my that must be hard work! No wonder why you want to sell tickets for Q+AL.
QOL sure is quiet and so much better without you and your constant spamming the place. See ya in May, because I bet you are already counting the days until your year long ban is over. Not that you will learn anything in the meantime, because you are never, ever wrong of course *sarcasm*.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Dec 18, 18:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you want more Freddie, go to a thread for "Queen" and or the band and or Freddie, but don't come here and cause an uproar because people post about Adam, My goodness, this is only the designated QUEEN and ADAM LAMBERT thread, so why would anyone mention Adam here and not just focus on Freddie? Is there something wrong with your understanding of what this particular thread on the Queen board is? There sure seems to be some confusion and after all this time, I don't get it. I don't think Caroline is in the wrong place, I think you are, because this is the place for world clocks, streams, reviews and tweets ( and they are mostly glowing, so that is not Caroline's fault!). Some people like seeing that, if you don't, scroll is your best friend or a different place on Queenzone. It is so tiresome to read the same bologna from you every week. I have never seen an unhappier person and I get why that might be, but it is not anybody's fault that posts here. We are all terribly sorry and yes, concerned for you, but negative vibes bring only negative vibes back. I am convinced of that! We don't need the note for sarcasm, we got it!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Dec 18, 19:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

If you want more Freddie, go to a thread for "Queen" and or the band and or Freddie, but don't come here and cause an uproar because people post about Adam, My goodness, this is only the designated QUEEN and ADAM LAMBERT thread, so why would anyone mention Adam here and not just focus on Freddie? Is there something wrong with your understanding of what this particular thread on the Queen board is? There sure seems to be some confusion and after all this time, I don't get it. I don't think Caroline is in the wrong place, I think you are, because this is the place for world clocks, streams, reviews and tweets ( and they are mostly glowing, so that is not Caroline's fault!). Some people like seeing that, if you don't, scroll is your best friend or a different place on Queenzone. It is so tiresome to read the same bologna from you every week. I have never seen an unhappier person and I get why that might be, but it is not anybody's fault that posts here. We are all terribly sorry and yes, concerned for you, but negative vibes bring only negative vibes back. I am convinced of that! We don't need the note for sarcasm, we got it!


You have made your thing to want me banned for nearly a year now. So don't tell me what I should do or not. Especially since you are so insulted and can't figure out by and why the mere mention of Freddie here is such an affront for you so why don't you go and stay at an AL only board.
And you and sweetcaroline prove how low you both can be by throwing around about me being unhappy even after I explained some of my recent fears going on in my personal life. No, you don't understand at all.. Clearly, you haven't even tried. All the matters to you and sweetcaroline is that only praise for AL is ever allowed in relation to anything to do with AL. You both can't take the slightest criticism about the guy, then you both bleat on about haters, negative etc.
How odd for you to stir the pot here and say I hate sweetcaroline the way you did recently and today for you to once again say I hate AL? Fact is, I never even said any such thing. How odd it is for you to imply that I fault someone here for what is going on in my personal life when I don't? Maybe not so odd after all, because it's your way of trying to get what you want.
Well, sorry for you and sweetcaroline because it's straight out of luck getting what you both so desperately want and desperately need regarding AL or anything else on any Queen boards. You want praise, and you want promontion for AL even at the expense of Freddie being discussed. You two need to realize this much it's Queenzone, not Lambertpraisepromotiomnzone.



snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 00:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't want anything but for you to shut up with the negative Debbie Downer crap that is regurgitated again and again and again. This is a THREAD FOR QUEEN and ADAM, can you not get that through your thick head and he can be mentioned here. Nobody is bigging him up. Adam fans are merely trying to have a discussion which you won't allow, since you constantly throw crap at people who post anything that might be vaguely positive. You are the epitome of damning with faint praise. Go look that one up if you don't get it. Nobody needs any praise here for Adam, YOU need constant praise for Freddie and this is not the right thread for that. You are the only one who desperately needs to hang on to the idea of Freddie, but saying something good about Adam in no way reflects on Freddie and you refuse to see that. Fans like who they like and they defend them and talk about their "idol" and this is the place to do that. This is not the place where Freddie is necessarily the focal point. What don't you get about that idea? Anyone becoming familiar with Queen since Adam is singing with them doesn't know much about Freddie, so why would they discuss him when their knowledge of Queen is QAL, which is what this thread is for. YOU need to get over bigging Freddie up and pushing his agenda and desperately fawning all over him like you do. I don't understand the fixation with him, as you didn't even grow up in the period that Queen started out.. You came to admire them late. This is really weird to me to become such an super fan. Most of the die hards saw Queen and grew up with them. Talk about an obsession of Caroline's, I don't know who you are kidding because you win that competition hands down. The whole situation and your Freddie delusion makes no sense. It sounds like anything to do with him can make or break your day and that is not healthy. It is not your job to go out and defend Freddie at all costs (like you are always accusing Caroline of). You should take the advice you give her and quit bigging Freddie up. No one ever says anything bad about him, so I don't get what your problem is. You need to wake up and get real for 2 minutes. No one should be that important in someone's life unless it is family. No one needs to criticize someone about everything they do. I am not sure that Adam ever does anything rig ht except maybe one or two songs you like, but you have the gall to say You Like the Guy! Every word that comes out of your mouth negates that statement and it is really ridiculous at this point. Nobody here needs anything except maybe you, since I have never heard anyone else say something weird like that.


Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 01:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I don't want anything but for you to shut up with the negative Debbie Downer crap that is regurgitated again and again and again. This is a THREAD FOR QUEEN and ADAM, can you not get that through your thick head and he can be mentioned here. Nobody is bigging him up. Adam fans are merely trying to have a discussion which you won't allow, since you constantly throw crap at people who post anything that might be vaguely positive. You are the epitome of damning with faint praise. Go look that one up if you don't get it. Nobody needs any praise here for Adam, YOU need constant praise for Freddie and this is not the right thread for that. You are the only one who desperately needs to hang on to the idea of Freddie, but saying something good about Adam in no way reflects on Freddie and you refuse to see that. Fans like who they like and they defend them and talk about their "idol" and this is the place to do that. This is not the place where Freddie is necessarily the focal point. What don't you get about that idea? Anyone becoming familiar with Queen since Adam is singing with them doesn't know much about Freddie, so why would they discuss him when their knowledge of Queen is QAL, which is what this thread is for. YOU need to get over bigging Freddie up and pushing his agenda and desperately fawning all over him like you do. I don't understand the fixation with him, as you didn't even grow up in the period that Queen started out.. You came to admire them late. This is really weird to me to become such an super fan. Most of the die hards saw Queen and grew up with them. Talk about an obsession of Caroline's, I don't know who you are kidding because you win that competition hands down. The whole situation and your Freddie delusion makes no sense. It sounds like anything to do with him can make or break your day and that is not healthy. It is not your job to go out and defend Freddie at all costs (like you are always accusing Caroline of). You should take the advice you give her and quit bigging Freddie up. No one ever says anything bad about him, so I don't get what your problem is. You need to wake up and get real for 2 minutes. No one should be that important in someone's life unless it is family. No one needs to criticize someone about everything they do. I am not sure that Adam ever does anything rig ht except maybe one or two songs you like, but you have the gall to say You Like the Guy! Every word that comes out of your mouth negates that statement and it is really ridiculous at this point. Nobody here needs anything except maybe you, since I have never heard anyone else say something weird like that.


Oh the truth comes out. You want me to shut up, do you. Good luck with that. I won't be shutting up on your say so.
You are the one throwing fits if you see Freddie's name being discussed in here. All the while, AL is making money from singing songs Freddie helped create. Funny how that goes for you. I guess you must be concerned that it's not only AL keeping Freddie's and Queen's legacy alive. Already the biopic has done wonders for it. I wonder who people will be talking about years from now? Lambert singing Queen cover songs, or the biopic? Already the biopic has made history and has turned many people into Queen fans.
What are you on? Yes, I became a Queen fan after Freddie passed as did many others. I'm not ashamed of it. Does that bother you that I wasn't a fan before Freddie passed somehow? At least I can say I'm a fan of Freddie's and Queen's, damn more than I can say about you or sweetcaroline.
No one is bigging AL up you say? Are you blind or just dumb? What do you make of sweetcaroline saying she thinks AL is more creative and original than Sinatra and Como? That's bigging AL up in case you can't tell.
What to do you have to say about sweetcaroline linking to personal private stuff regards AL? A pic with a very young child, a link to his godson, and a link to a pic of his mother getting married? Of course, you see nothing wrong with that. But it's rich coming from you calling me obessed and that I have a Freddie delusion, oh the irony. Since you are sweetcaroline's spokesperson and defender, maybe...and you actually should ask her why she posts what she does at times. I know she posted more than once she thinks AL as a second son, and then turns around to say how gorgeous, sexy beast, he is. That's not healthy for anyone while on that topic. When I do the exact same things about Freddie, what sweetcaroline does for AL, and when I post post everything I can find about Freddie, then you can say I'm obessed and have a Freddie delusion. Alas, my dear, you couldn't find it if you tried, because I haven't done it. It's so much easier for you to turn the tables on me and to try to ream me out. All you prove is that you want and need things done your way to suit you and sweetcaroline's way.
Yes, I admire and respect Freddie. The man's talent and guts is still what stands out to me the most. If that's a problem for you, and it's clear it is, that's your problem. Do I like AL? Sure I do. I don't fawn or lust over everything the guy has done or is currently doing.
You have the gall to come screeching at me on a Queen board throwing your crap because of your many issues with me, and you wouldn't be here at all if not for AL singing the Queen songs.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 02:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Singers back in the day weren't really creative and original. They stood up there and sang, usually songs other people wrote. Even if they wrote some songs, they didn't worry about costumes and lighting and themes and every other thing that goes into a show nowadays, as they didn't have to. No, I don't think they were especially creative or original because they didn't have to be. I do think Adam is very creative in all ways except song writing. That is not what he is particularly good at, so far. I like him singing Queen best. His solo music is OK and I listen to it for his voice. I think there are other types of music his voice is better suited to. His voice singing Queen's fabulous music is a marriage made in heaven for MY ears. I am not talking about anyone else. His voice gives me chills like a few opera singers I love and that is why I admire him. I also like him as a human being. He seems like a nice man who no one ever has anything but nice things to say about. That is also unusual in this day and age.

I don't bring things over (just once or twice) and I don't post pics, tweets, etc. I am not that invested other than I see him once in every tour (his own and QAL). I am a fan of the voice, not a crazy follow him everywhere and on twitter,etc. I don't do that. I get pleasure out of the music he sings. I just get annoyed when I see all the bashing of him and absolutely ugly things that are said. It isn't fair and it isn't right and you are one of the big offenders. You give him zero credit. If you don't think his singing with Queen has garnered a lot of new fans in the last 6 years, you are not very bright. I think you just don't want Adam getting any credit, as usual. The biopic is wonderful for Queen and so is QAL. There is a reason each tour has gotten bigger and is usually close to sold out. No other singer could accomplish that with Queen as no one has the range to sing the entire catalog like Adam. Think what you like, but I disagree.