Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > 2019 US tour announced

forum rss feed
Author

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 18:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You guys were comparing Adam to CROONERS, which is an entirely different animal than rock and rollers and the people you listed above. I was only talking about Sinatra and Como in comparison to Adam. I thought that was the discussion. Buble was also thrown in there and while he is a lovely man with a wonderful Christmas show, it is like one from the 1970's. therefore I don't put him on the creative list either. He pretty much copies all of the crooner's songs from years ago. I hardly call that original but I can enjoy people singing who aren't original like him. It is all about the voice. The originality, whether they wrote the music, don't mean squat if the vocals are lacking. And for me the vocals are never lacking when Adam sings. Whether or not you believe it, I listen to lots of different kinds of music and a lot of classical and opera and that is my yard stick. Adam compare more than favorably with those kind of singers. For me it is all about the voice, not all the other side things which some of you are so concerned about. Different view points, I guess!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 18:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

You guys were comparing Adam to CROONERS, which is an entirely different animal than rock and rollers and the people you listed above. I was only talking about Sinatra and Como in comparison to Adam. I thought that was the discussion. Buble was also thrown in there and while he is a lovely man with a wonderful Christmas show, it is like one from the 1970's. therefore I don't put him on the creative list either. He pretty much copies all of the crooner's songs from years ago. I hardly call that original but I can enjoy people singing who aren't original like him. It is all about the voice. The originality, whether they wrote the music, don't mean squat if the vocals are lacking. And for me the vocals are never lacking when Adam sings. Whether or not you believe it, I listen to lots of different kinds of music and a lot of classical and opera and that is my yard stick. Adam compare more than favorably with those kind of singers. For me it is all about the voice, not all the other side things which some of you are so concerned about. Different view points, I guess!

Sweetcaroline was the one compairng AL to crooners. She's the one who brought it up, because she feels AL is more original and creative than Sinatra and Como. Do go back and read it, it's all still there.
I get that you like AL for his voice. He's not to everyone's taste, hell nor is Freddie for that matter.
For Freddie, I put all of his talent together, his song writing, his piano playing, his vocals, his onstage ability to achieve what he and Queen achieved and honestly it's pretty incredible what he and the other guys came up with. AL has released three medicore albums, nothing groundbreaking on it. He doesn't play instruments, his main thing is his voice. And he uses that mainly to sing other people's music.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 19:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Put a sock in it, icy, I said Sinatra and Como did not write their own songs and then I posted a link to all of the songs written by Sammy Cahn and Jimmy Van Heusen.

I did not diss them as singers of those songs.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 19:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Put a sock in it, icy, I said Sinatra and Como did not write their own songs and then I posted a link to all of the songs written by Sammy Cahn and Jimmy Van Heusen.

I did not diss them as singers of those songs.

You need some music and artist appreciation. You specifically said AL is more creative than Sinatra and Como. Why do you feel AL is more creative and original than those two legends, do tell. Or put a sock in it before you rush to big up Lambert.
You think because Sinatra and Como didn't write the songs they sang, that it makes AL more creative and original than them. Has AL been a part of a ground breaking musical movement? Has he ever been groundbreaking on TV? Has he sold the amount of albums Sinatra and Como has? Has AL's career lasted as long as Sinatra's and Como's Short answer, no he hasn't done any of that. And of course you think AL is more original and creative, but based on what exactly?

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 20:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, I second Caroline, put a sock in it! You keep changing the parameters of the discussion and what was originally said. You are the one always talking about Adam not writing songs, therefore, he is not creative. It is not his sweat and blood in them, but Freddies's. Great! But most of the crooners didn't write their music and as far as creative or original, yea, I think Adam is an extremely creative individual from his staging of shows, his wardrobe, his ideas about what he would like to do. He is into fashion and seems to think a lot about presentation. You can't reinvent the wheel at some point. We have already had a meat dress, a singer who hides her face in ridiculous mask things and people singing on trapezes. There isn't much left anymore, Icy. Of course, artists are going to do things that have already been done. Writing a song is not the only measure of creativity, but I do think the crooners just sang because that is what they did back then, so I can't gauge how creative a Crosby or Como really was. They were extremely successful and well known, but I can't comment on their creativity. I do know that Adam is very creative based on my definition, which differs from person to person.

PS Adam was sure groundbreaking on TV! Remember that out there AMA performance that almost tanked his career? Most folks are not going to forget that one, so check in the box for that!! So being groundbreaking isn't always positive, either! It is useless to discuss this because you keep changing the discussion and you think he is not. Great, I do not care, I happen tho think otherwise. I also think at the end of the day, Adam will be remembered which is more than most singers can ever say. As long as he is happy and making good money what more does there need to be? I wouldn't say the poor Freddie could possible have been happy! Is it worth it?

SweetCaroline

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 20:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks, snifflese! I’m done with this conversation because it is pointless. Adam is the current front man of the current configuration of Queen and that is that no matter who likes it and who doesn’t.

I have too much to do to get ready for Christmas and out of town visitors to waste my time with brain dead zombies who thrive on negativity and trouble.

If I am in the Lambert “bubble” at least it is a nice, warm, happy one!

I invite all the unhappy crybabies to join me! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! :-). :-). :-). :-). :-)

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 20:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Thanks, snifflese! I’m done with this conversation because it is pointless. Adam is the current front man of the current configuration of Queen and that is that no matter who likes it and who doesn’t.

I have too much to do to get ready for Christmas and out of town visitors to waste my time with brain dead zombies who thrive on negativity and trouble.

If I am in the Lambert “bubble” at least it is a nice, warm, happy one!

I invite all the unhappy crybabies to join me! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! :-). :-). :-). :-). :-)

No, you are done because you can't even explain why you think AL is more original and creative than Sinatra and Como. You don't even have any thought of your own to even try to back it up. What, no copying and pasting tweets and articles to back you up and try to prove how you are 'right' this time?
You are in an AL bubble. Must be lonely in there being so focused only on him, and nothing else. I pity the guy having a "fan" like you. You think your views and the ones that agree with your views, are the only ones that matter. You want Queen boards as your personal playground to big up and promote AL, while saying Queen fans are homophobic and that's why AL isn't accepted. No damn wonder why you are now under your thrid or fourth ban from QOL. You are currently under a year long ban. What the hell does that say about you? You throw fits when you can't get your own way, and you are so quick to call people as negative and crybabies...and you are a cry baby yourselfz the biggest one I have come across on the internet. You are 70+ years old, one would think you would know better, but if you don't by now, you are never gonna learn. Your head is so far up AL's ass, it's not funny. It's shocking actually. You aren't so positive yourself, if at all. Oh boo hoo, AL didn't get nominated for this or that, he didn't win for this or that, he didn't get to pay tribute to Bowie and George Michael on award shows, his music doesn't get played because AL is gay, he doesn't sell as much as certain other artists,...all the things you have gnashed your teeth about.
Maybe Santa can bring you a new pair of dentures, or glasses. Common sense would be great too!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 21:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Icy, I second Caroline, put a sock in it! You keep changing the parameters of the discussion and what was originally said. You are the one always talking about Adam not writing songs, therefore, he is not creative. It is not his sweat and blood in them, but Freddies's. Great! But most of the crooners didn't write their music and as far as creative or original, yea, I think Adam is an extremely creative individual from his staging of shows, his wardrobe, his ideas about what he would like to do. He is into fashion and seems to think a lot about presentation. You can't reinvent the wheel at some point. We have already had a meat dress, a singer who hides her face in ridiculous mask things and people singing on trapezes. There isn't much left anymore, Icy. Of course, artists are going to do things that have already been done. Writing a song is not the only measure of creativity, but I do think the crooners just sang because that is what they did back then, so I can't gauge how creative a Crosby or Como really was. They were extremely successful and well known, but I can't comment on their creativity. I do know that Adam is very creative based on my definition, which differs from person to person.

PS Adam was sure groundbreaking on TV! Remember that out there AMA performance that almost tanked his career? Most folks are not going to forget that one, so check in the box for that!! So being groundbreaking isn't always positive, either! It is useless to discuss this because you keep changing the discussion and you think he is not. Great, I do not care, I happen tho think otherwise. I also think at the end of the day, Adam will be remembered which is more than most singers can ever say. As long as he is happy and making good money what more does there need to be? I wouldn't say the poor Freddie could possible have been happy! Is it worth it?

No dear, not on your say so I won't be putting a sock in it, or shutting up, and I know that's exactly what you are after.
I don't think you and sweetcaroline would recongise creativity and originality from anyone who isn't Lambert.
You think a same sex kiss that AL did on an awards show was groundbreaking? Erm, it wasn't. Shock value for some, I'm sure, but groundbreaking? Nope.
What will AL be remembered for, genuine question for you? His solo music or the covers he has done?

SweetCaroline

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 21:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AL will be remembered for courageously defying assholes like you!

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 21:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was groundbreaking, dearie, first time there was man on man in a prime time show. Everyone remembers it unfortunately, but it doesn't fit your own very limited agenda, speaking of agenda. It remains to be seen as he is still a young man. Seems to me that Freddie's halo has been shined since he departed. He certainly wasn't held in high esteem back in the day. They were considered weird, different and then there was the unspoken gay thing. Freddie did not have the world wide acclaim back then that he has now. So, you just never know what remains to be seen. I do recognize creativity and originality, but you have a built in bias that does not allow you to see it in Adam. Therefore, There is no point to this discussion. You have your story and I don't agree with it.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 21:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

It was groundbreaking, dearie, first time there was man on man in a prime time show. Everyone remembers it unfortunately, but it doesn't fit your own very limited agenda, speaking of agenda. It remains to be seen as he is still a young man. Seems to me that Freddie's halo has been shined since he departed. He certainly wasn't held in high esteem back in the day. They were considered weird, different and then there was the unspoken gay thing. Freddie did not have the world wide acclaim back then that he has now. So, you just never know what remains to be seen. I do recognize creativity and originality, but you have a built in bias that does not allow you to see it in Adam. Therefore, There is no point to this discussion. You have your story and I don't agree with it.

Not quite groundbreaking. It was done for shock value, spur of the moment IIRC. I've seen same sex kisses by males on TV before that.

Queen were legendary for Bohemian Rhapsody, Hyde Park, South American shows, Live Aid before Freddie passed away. Need I go on? Point is, many things Freddie and Queen did made history and was legendary while Freddie was alive. Don't try to make it seem only since he passed away, that he has that status.
Does it bother you in recent years that Freddie is held in high regard? He didn't have it easy especially in his last years. Even so, he kept on working and singing his heart out. And yes, I respect all of that, and so much more no matter how weird, freaky, some people thought he was while he was still alive.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 21:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

AL will be remembered for courageously defying assholes like you!

Alrighty then.
You are incapable of discussing things rationally. How has he 'courageously defied assholes like me'? TwoFux? Sorry, he didn't even write that by himself, it took four other writers as well as AL to come up with it.
I just hope the guy never has to deal with some of what Freddie dealt with. That's the definition of courage, not some guy who wears heels while riding a bike onstage that you think brave. Remember when you posted that on QOL? You say I'm an asshole, while your own head is firmly up AL's ass. I'd rather you think of me as an asshole any day, than where your head is always at.

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 22:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is the big Freddie hang up!!! Everything in the world does not revolve around Freddie, even if it does in your world. People don't compare the original to QAL for flaws. They just go to be entertained and enjoy the concert. They want to see a front man who is fun and has a fabulous voice and see world famous rock musicians and icons. It is not much deeper than that for normal people. For people like you who can't get their own head out of their own butt, that is your problem, not mine or the millions who go and love the show, Adam, Roger, and Brian. That is enough for 99% of the population. You can live in your never never land and commiserate with poor Freddie while your life passes in misery, because that is what it sounds like to me.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 22:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

There is the big Freddie hang up!!! Everything in the world does not revolve around Freddie, even if it does in your world. People don't compare the original to QAL for flaws. They just go to be entertained and enjoy the concert. They want to see a front man who is fun and has a fabulous voice and see world famous rock musicians and icons. It is not much deeper than that for normal people. For people like you who can't get their own head out of their own butt, that is your problem, not mine or the millions who go and love the show, Adam, Roger, and Brian. That is enough for 99% of the population. You can live in your never never land and commiserate with poor Freddie while your life passes in misery, because that is what it sounds like to me.

Where have I said everything in the world revolves around Freddie? I haven't and I don't think that way at all.
I like how you put the front man who is fun and has the fablous voice, even before Brian and Roger. I'm sure many go to see Brian and Roger play too, even more than they go see AL from what I've been told by my Queen friends.

I don't live n Neverland and no my life isn't passing in misery. Thanks for the insults and crap throwing once again *sarcasm*. Really rich from someone who can't even take in Freddie's name in print here.

What is the matter these days for you and sweetcaroline to go on the attack? Must be bitter and jealous that the biopic is doing as well as it is, and that's turning people into new Queen fans, and not AL.

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 00:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Your problem is that you can't see that everything in your life revolves around Freddie! Of course people love Brian and Roger and want to see them as they are Queen. I was writing quickly and since you always denigrate Adam, I was thinking about him as I wrote. You make an issue out of everything. ( If you were capable of sarcasm, you wouldn't have to spell it out. ) The only person who is bitter and jealous is you!!! I can't even fathom how someone thinks another person could be jealous of the biopic doing well. You are a nut job and that is all there is to it. Normal people are not bitter and not jealous about things that aren't very important compared to real life. This is just a place to read and see if there is anything interesting, but people have real lives. I think Freddie is your whole life as no one could get as twisted as you unless that were the case.
Have fun with your Freddie delusion and your Adam hatred. Sure makes you a lovely person "sarcasm"!!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 00:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I went to see the biopic two times and, of course, it is because I hate the original band and their God awful music! LOL

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 02:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I went to see the biopic two times and, of course, it is because I hate the original band and their God awful music! LOL

Wow!!! You are such a fan after all because you saw the biopic twice!! I'm so sorry that makes you a bigger fan than I am!
^^^ ** sarcasm ** Why did you see it twice, to drool over Dusty or something? Pretty sure it wasn't because you are a Queen fan.

Too bad you care so little about Freddie and Queen. You proved that like never before on the 24th of November you couldn't even come up with anything of your own to say about Freddie on that date, and as you could after the 24th to post a video that hypes up Lambert and try to say that was a tribute to Freddie.
Such a fan, maybe in your own deluded mind that is.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 02:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Your problem is that you can't see that everything in your life revolves around Freddie! Of course people love Brian and Roger and want to see them as they are Queen. I was writing quickly and since you always denigrate Adam, I was thinking about him as I wrote. You make an issue out of everything. ( If you were capable of sarcasm, you wouldn't have to spell it out. ) The only person who is bitter and jealous is you!!! I can't even fathom how someone thinks another person could be jealous of the biopic doing well. You are a nut job and that is all there is to it. Normal people are not bitter and not jealous about things that aren't very important compared to real life. This is just a place to read and see if there is anything interesting, but people have real lives. I think Freddie is your whole life as no one could get as twisted as you unless that were the case.
Have fun with your Freddie delusion and your Adam hatred. Sure makes you a lovely person "sarcasm"!!

Where on Earth have I said everything in my life revolves around Freddie? Seriously, fuck off with that shit. You don't know what I do outside of Queen boards and only then you don't know much about me.
No dear, I'm not bitter or jealous. I'm happy with what Freddie left the world with. His legacy is living on...as it has before Q+AL and as it will after Q+AL.
Of course you would say Freddie is my whole life. He's not. He wasn't and never will be. But I will discuss him even with the fact you can't stand even the mention of his name.
How it must be for two people who are older than I am, always on the defense about Lambert? Always ready to pick fights and throw crap at anyone you and sweetcaroline don't agree with? You both are freaking power crazy. You want and need things done to suit your agendas. You and sweetcaroline are the twisted ones, all the lies and crap you both have spread on Queen boards. Nothing to be proud about, although I'm sure you think it's a badge of honor to say people are hateful, negative etc.
I really feel sorry for AL having fans the way you and sweetcaroline behave at times. You end up flying off the handle over nothing, starting shit over nothing, almost every time you post here, sweetcaroline is always the one done wrong and can do no wrong.
What will you both do until the next your starts? Throw crap at me, defend AL's honour? Seriously, get a life for yourselves. Get out of that AL bubble you both live in and get your heads out from AL's ass.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 02:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I’m watching a bootleg copy of the 2017 show at the Hollywood Bowl — one of the shows with “It’s Late” and “Spread Your Wings” on my son’s 38 inch TV. I thought it was going to be faraway shots but it is all close up!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 02:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I’m watching a bootleg copy of the 2017 show at the Hollywood Bowl — one of the shows with “It’s Late” and “Spread Your Wings” on my son’s 38 inch TV. I thought it was going to be faraway shots but it is all close up!

Have you ever watched a Queen with Freddie live concert, bootleg or official?