Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > adam lambert

forum rss feed
Author

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2708 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Dec 18, 15:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Being a showman has nothing to do with what you're singing it's about being able to connect with an audience" Rockchic you've got it, absolutely.

If you were lucky enough to see Van Halen in the early 80's David Lee Roth had an amazing command of the audience with out being a great singer. Great performer.

Paul Stanley ( Kiss) is another great front man who's fans would defiantly say was/is Freddie's equal in showman stakes. Freddie connected with most audiences, most of he time but not always. . . . Love Of My Life on the Queen Rock Montreal DVD sees Freddie unable to get the audience to sing the song to him, he does recover it by performing it himself. So like any other front man her wasn't perfect.

AL isn't Freddie or in competition with him ( although in some people's minds he is) he connects with the audience and carries the show well, when needed.
It's a shame that people who haven't been to a Q+AL show feel they are best placed to comment, and watching YouTube or TV is nothing like being at the gig.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 18, 16:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

ever get people going to see them but they're all different. Elvis, Prince, Michael Jackson, George Michael, all had stage presence and charisma but all very different from each other and none of them similar to Freddie but their stage presence worked for their audience.

Mentioning Lamebird with Elvis Jacko and the likes is pretty laughable. All those were icons and had muisical talent. Lamebird is a talentfree karaoke hack. He would be far better at the local McDOnalds or give some blowjobs for an extra buck. Surely music is not his strength.

Posted: 19 Dec 18, 16:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:

"Being a showman has nothing to do with what you're singing it's about being able to connect with an audience" Rockchic you've got it, absolutely.

If you were lucky enough to see Van Halen in the early 80's David Lee Roth had an amazing command of the audience with out being a great singer. Great performer.

Paul Stanley ( Kiss) is another great front man who's fans would defiantly say was/is Freddie's equal in showman stakes. Freddie connected with most audiences, most of he time but not always. . . . Love Of My Life on the Queen Rock Montreal DVD sees Freddie unable to get the audience to sing the song to him, he does recover it by performing it himself. So like any other front man her wasn't perfect.

AL isn't Freddie or in competition with him ( although in some people's minds he is) he connects with the audience and carries the show well, when needed.
It's a shame that people who haven't been to a Q+AL show feel they are best placed to comment, and watching YouTube or TV is nothing like being at the gig.

Another attempt to talk Freddie down to make him look imperfect. YOU sad Glamtarts should leave this board for good and I really really mean it. YOu are the most embarrassing kind of sad freaks ever

Posted: 19 Dec 18, 16:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:

Double

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 18, 22:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

VH Leave Kiss & Van Halen to one side they are not considered the greatest performers of all time Freddie IS so no competition but good try. Adam Lambert has done nothing to be even considered a showman unless i am missing some amazing thing he has done?
Freddie wrote the greatest 45 single ever, played live to some of the biggest crowds ever for a rock band and stole Live Aid to over a billion people, Now Adam Lambert what has he done?

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3847 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 18, 22:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BJOU wrote:

VH Leave Kiss & Van Halen to one side they are not considered the greatest performers of all time Freddie IS so no competition but good try. Adam Lambert has done nothing to be even considered a showman unless i am missing some amazing thing he has done?
Freddie wrote the greatest 45 single ever, played live to some of the biggest crowds ever for a rock band and stole Live Aid to over a billion people, Now Adam Lambert what has he done?

What has AL done? Rode on coattails ;-).

Miracle.

Posted: 19 Dec 18, 22:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I tell you what AL has done, sweet fuck all and raked in billions of pounds for two pensioners who ought to know better.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1946 posts

Posted: 19 Dec 18, 22:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BJOU wrote:

You still don't seem to be getting it, writing the greatest single ever is nothing to do with being a showman. Yes he stole Live Aid, no one would argue with that but are you seriously trying to say that if you can't compete with that you aren't a showman? Adam is a showman to his fans just like other frontmen are to their fans, what part of that don't you get? No one's comparing him to Freddie except you, he's not there to compete he's there to give a live experience of Queen music and he does an amazing job.

Posted: 19 Dec 18, 22:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

BJOU wrote:

You still don't seem to be getting it, writing the greatest single ever is nothing to do with being a showman. Yes he stole Live Aid, no one would argue with that but are you seriously trying to say that if you can't compete with that you aren't a showman? Adam is a showman to his fans just like other frontmen are to their fans, what part of that don't you get? No one's comparing him to Freddie except you, he's not there to compete he's there to give a live experience of Queen music and he does an amazing job.

Lamebutt is an assclown not a showman

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4168 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 00:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I forgot — which live show did you attend that makes you an expert on Adam’s showmanship?

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3847 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 00:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

BJOU wrote:

I actually wonder what ( rational, like yourself ) AL fans think of him live. His solo shows were so different than the Q+AL shows of course. It would be interesting to see if he tours next what that will be like, but in all honesty I don't think he will do a solo tour for at least the next year.

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 05:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I forgot — which live show did you attend that makes you an expert on Adam’s showmanship?

You need to watch the twat stumble on stage for 2 minutes to get it.

Miracle.

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 08:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All you silly girls on here do not seem to be getting much male support for this clown AL.
What i am going on about is AL is not worthy of even been in a group like Queen.
He trashed "Strictly" with a limp flat rendition of "We are the champions" even bettered by the cast of "We will rock you"
He only sings at high raised levels and you account that as a good singer.
He has no soul he has no charisma he is boring and flat, and many men hate the sight of him.
Just girls on here that have not seen the light what a complete utter hype AL is.
One day you will all wake up and be disgusted that you ever supported this nobody in the music world.
I wonder how many more painful years we have to endure this fool?

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5627 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 09:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't mind Lambert being called a "showman". I hate the word ;)

More seriously, I would prefer that people in general talked more about Fred as a musician, composer and performing artist. He was a great showman/front man, and it was part of his character. However, it tends to detract from his many other musical talents.

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
SweetCaroline

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 10:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I repeat, which live show were you at where you saw Adam “stumble on stage for two minutes?”

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5627 posts

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 10:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I repeat, which live show were you at where you saw Adam “stumble on stage for two minutes?”

You "repeat" because you can't stand the last post on this thread to be about Fred rather than Lambert!

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BJOU wrote:

All you silly girls on here do not seem to be getting much male support for this clown AL.
What i am going on about is AL is not worthy of even been in a group like Queen.
He trashed "Strictly" with a limp flat rendition of "We are the champions" even bettered by the cast of "We will rock you"
He only sings at high raised levels and you account that as a good singer.
He has no soul he has no charisma he is boring and flat, and many men hate the sight of him.
Just girls on here that have not seen the light what a complete utter hype AL is.
One day you will all wake up and be disgusted that you ever supported this nobody in the music world.
I wonder how many more painful years we have to endure this fool?

He is quite cabable of singing in styles other than "raised levels" by which I assume you mean high notes.

He may be boring to you but clearly not to his fans and the people going to the shows.

And no idea where you get the idea many men hate the sight of him, there are plenty of men (Queen fans who've seen Freddie numerous times) talking about him on facebook who love the show and there were plenty guys at the show I went to. The one's on here who have been to the shows don't bother posting much in this section and you only need to read the crap on here to see why but there's quite a few. Every time they bother to post in this section they get called glamberts and female, clearly you and a couple of others are so delusional you can't accept the fact they're male.

And I'm fully awake thanks and won't be disgusted.

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 11:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I actually wonder what ( rational, like yourself ) AL fans think of him live. His solo shows were so different than the Q+AL shows of course. It would be interesting to see if he tours next what that will be like, but in all honesty I don't think he will do a solo tour for at least the next year.

I've never seen him live solo so I can't really say what the show is like only from what I've seen on Youtube. Based on the bits I've seen I'd say he's more free and easy since it's his own show and the band are just backing musicians and he seems pretty playful and funny. I actually quite liked the one's he did in 2012 where he didn't bother changing clothes and it was more like a gig than a show but I do love the shows with all the lights etc as well, there's a place for both styles.

I think he'll release his solo music next year before the QAL and maybe do some promo and then maybe tour at the end of the year and into 2020 then more QAL later in 2020 but that's just my theory.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 11:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I obviously was not responding to your post, Holly. I don’t disagree with what you posted about Freddie but I do disagree with the post I responded to about Adam.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 20 Dec 18, 11:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I went to the Idol tour in 2009 and 3 of his first tour shows (Glam Nation) in 2010 and was totally mesmerized by his live persona and performance as were men and women of all ages around me. I was standing at the first Glam Nation show and a man who was there with his wife was screaming the whole time. At the end of the show my legs were killing me from standing and my voice was hoarse.

There was the same reaction from men
and women at the 3 QAL shows I have been to.

I’m sure I would have gone bonkers over Freddie if I had been able to see him at a live show.

My biggest regrets have been to never see Queen and Elvis in live shows in the 70’s,