Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > adam lambert

forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3847 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 18, 04:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think I really would have loved Believe if not for the high notes. Before I'm blasted, let me say I've often said I wish AL would hold back, less is more, and for a bit tonight while he was singing Believe that's what I thought he was doing.
He proved me wrong. Darn LOL...it was so close.


Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 18, 05:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just watched it. A little worried when you mentioned the high notes, but I was pleased. A very good performance. The high notes weren't that bad, and not really even that high for him. I think D5 or Eb5 was the highest, but I need to watch again.

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 18, 05:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After watching again, i'm fairly certain the high note was D5. Not all that high really (for Adam) so I think it was a bit tame. Of course, I think he's lost a bit of his upper range over time. Regardless, I enjoyed the performance.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3847 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 18, 05:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

After watching again, i'm fairly certain the high note was D5. Not all that high really (for Adam) so I think it was a bit tame. Of course, I think he's lost a bit of his upper range over time. Regardless, I enjoyed the performance.


I honestly didn't know which notes he hit, whoops.

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 18, 05:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Brancelli wrote:

After watching again, i'm fairly certain the high note was D5. Not all that high really (for Adam) so I think it was a bit tame. Of course, I think he's lost a bit of his upper range over time. Regardless, I enjoyed the performance.


I honestly didn't know which notes he hit, whoops.


I kinda wish he would've sustained it a little longer, cause it is a good note there, but he may have lost the pitch a bit if he tried. But really, that's just nitpicking and I think he did himself well tonight. I jsut watched it on youtube, I'm assuming it made the show and was televised?

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4168 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 18, 05:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KKg1obsBUzc&feature=youtu.be&a=

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 18, 05:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KKg1obsBUzc&feature=youtu.be&a=>

This one is a bit better quality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qbAbGDGFUo

Of course, it's not great either, and I expect something HD will show up in the next couple of days. Btw, the D5 is at 3:11.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4168 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 18, 05:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli, thanks!


Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 18, 06:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, etc, to everyone here. Even the trolls. We may agree. We may disagree. But where we are family is that we are all passionate music lovers. I have no problem if you hate Adam with Queen. Subjectively, I'm still a bit dubious about it myself. Nonetheless, objectively, the guy is a very skilled singer.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3847 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 18, 06:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Brancelli wrote:

After watching again, i'm fairly certain the high note was D5. Not all that high really (for Adam) so I think it was a bit tame. Of course, I think he's lost a bit of his upper range over time. Regardless, I enjoyed the performance.


I honestly didn't know which notes he hit, whoops.


I kinda wish he would've sustained it a little longer, cause it is a good note there, but he may have lost the pitch a bit if he tried. But really, that's just nitpicking and I think he did himself well tonight. I jsut watched it on youtube, I'm assuming it made the show and was televised?


Yep, it made the show, plus the duet of I Got You Babe with Cindi Lauper.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3847 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 18, 06:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, etc, to everyone here. Even the trolls. We may agree. We may disagree. But where we are family is that we are all passionate music lovers. I have no problem if you hate Adam with Queen. Subjectively, I'm still a bit dubious about it myself. Nonetheless, objectively, the guy is a very skilled singer.


Hope you are enjoying the holidays :).
I respect what you are saying here. I don't hate AL with Brian and Roger. But I know I'm pretty much hated here and as if I'm like Hitler someone said about me just recently. Thing is, it wasn't Runner who actually said that. A Glambert said it. Go figure ;-).

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 18, 07:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Brancelli wrote:

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, etc, to everyone here. Even the trolls. We may agree. We may disagree. But where we are family is that we are all passionate music lovers. I have no problem if you hate Adam with Queen. Subjectively, I'm still a bit dubious about it myself. Nonetheless, objectively, the guy is a very skilled singer.


Hope you are enjoying the holidays :).
I respect what you are saying here. I don't hate AL with Brian and Roger. But I know I'm pretty much hated here and as if I'm like Hitler someone said about me just recently. Thing is, it wasn't Runner who actually said that. A Glambert said it. Go figure ;-).

Might be a bit pointless for a German to come up with Hitler. Disgusting comment nonetheless.
Cher had to cry because it was so bad. Usual oversinging with his "Oooooohhhhhaaaaaaaaoooooooooahhhhhhaaaaaa"'s which still sounds awful and shows his powerless paperthin voice to the fullest. Poor Cher. How many songs has the overweight goat destroyed so far? And no I was not at the Cher show - but it sounded like shit. I have ears! And the fat ladyboy is not too pleasing on the eyes as well.
Just noticed: At 3:00 onwards the guy in the audience is laughing as Lamebird is starting to oversing - priceless!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3847 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 18, 07:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Brancelli wrote:

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, etc, to everyone here. Even the trolls. We may agree. We may disagree. But where we are family is that we are all passionate music lovers. I have no problem if you hate Adam with Queen. Subjectively, I'm still a bit dubious about it myself. Nonetheless, objectively, the guy is a very skilled singer.


Hope you are enjoying the holidays :).
I respect what you are saying here. I don't hate AL with Brian and Roger. But I know I'm pretty much hated here and as if I'm like Hitler someone said about me just recently. Thing is, it wasn't Runner who actually said that. A Glambert said it. Go figure ;-).

Might be a bit pointless for a German to come up with Hitler. Disgusting comment nonetheless.
Cher had to cry because it was so bad. Usual oversinging with his "Oooooohhhhhaaaaaaaaoooooooooahhhhhhaaaaaa"'s which still sounds awful and shows his powerless paperthin voice to the fullest. Poor Cher.


Sweetcaroline is the one who posted it, and she's American. She also posted she pretty much hates me.
I'm not surprised by her saying it. Just horrified really.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 18, 11:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



This one is a bit better quality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qbAbGDGFUo

Of course, it's not great either, and I expect something HD will show up in the next couple of days. Btw, the D5 is at 3:11.

Just out of interest: YOu really post this because you think it is good??? He is doing ANOTHER cover and is awful AGAIN. What you wanna prove? That he sucks? You succeeded
He completely sucks the life out of this song as he always does

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 18, 11:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

Just watched it. A little worried when you mentioned the high notes, but I was pleased. A very good performance. The high notes weren't that bad, and not really even that high for him. I think D5 or Eb5 was the highest, but I need to watch again.


Q Tips are your friend mate

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 18, 11:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:
Cher had to cry because it was so bad. Usual oversinging with his "Oooooohhhhhaaaaaaaaoooooooooahhhhhhaaaaaa"'s which still sounds awful and shows his powerless paperthin voice to the fullest. Poor Cher. How many songs has the overweight goat destroyed so far? And no I was not at the Cher show - but it sounded like shit. I have ears! And the fat ladyboy is not too pleasing on the eyes as well.
Just noticed: At 3:00 onwards the guy in the audience is laughing as Lamebird is starting to oversing - priceless!


You must not have been able to make it to the end of the video. That was the best part. Everyone in the audience was so relieved that he was done singing they stood up and clapped.


Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 18, 13:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam Lambert is pointless and a waste of my time as we all know perfection died the same second that Freddie Mercury died.
i have never known an artist make a living out of singing cover versions and those cover versions are more popular than his own solo material, laughable or what?

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1098 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 18, 13:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The only laughable thing is you three idiots who once again are so jealous of and hate Adam so much that you can find fault with this impeccable performance. It is trending world wide with nothing but extreme praise for Adam. If you don't like him or anything he does even before he does it, go post elsewhere and then you can rattle on about dear Freddie all you want. THIS is not the THREAD for that. Are you so dense that you can't understand that concept?? You just have to clog up and ruin this part of the forum with your unmitigated hate that none of us care to read. Find something that gives you joy and leave others to their own personal joy. It was an amazing, nuanced, lovely performance that touched Cher and the hearts of millions of people. If Cher found it to be sublime, that should be good enough for anyone. After all, it is her music. You three must have tin ears in addition to all your other not so lovely traits!

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4168 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 18, 14:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sparkle, you might want to check out Michael Buble. He puts out whole albums and does TV specials with nothing but. cover songs. He seems to be making a good living for many years now.

Perfection may have died with Freddie but thank God his music didn’t die with him. There are many people, not only Adam, who have kept it going. Same thing with Elvis and other icons.



anadamfan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 93 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Dec 18, 17:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

After watching again, i'm fairly certain the high note was D5. Not all that high really (for Adam) so I think it was a bit tame. Of course, I think he's lost a bit of his upper range over time. Regardless, I enjoyed the performance.


I enjoyed the performance as well! He sang beautifully and technically on point. And yes, the high note IS really high for most singers. For Adam it’s in his usual repertoire.
I especially loved the little pause, before the very soft end of the song. He’s such a great singer - and all the artists in that audience knew it and paid him rightfully their standing ovations.