Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Dec 18, 07:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Bloody hell. AL was pretty good, except for the high notes.
Yay Cindi! She's rocking it!
I still don't think duets are AL's strong point.

This is what I said. Of course that is offensive or insulting to a Glambert here.

Escpecially when waht you REALLY wanted to say is that he sucked donkey's balls as usual. ;) I really admire you to hold back so much ;)

I don't know why he went for the high notes in the first place, the Cher song didn't use it IIRC.
I do think it was good except for the high notes. Sorry, scouts honor I'm not a Glambert. You just watch the two Glamberts come here to have a go at me ;-).

Well one Glambert comes to try to have a go at me. Knew it ;-)

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2439 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 18, 14:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Reaching high notes like a screaming cat is not the making of a good singer!

Miracle.

Posted: 28 Dec 18, 14:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockchic I honestly do not think Adam should be singing with anyone but himself.
Singing covers is his trademark now and that makes him cheap second rate artist in my estimates.
Queen (Bri & Rog) have become lost in there careers taking on this pantomine freak who yes got lucky to be fronting the UKs biggest rock band of all time but it certainly does not impress many ardent rock fans at all. Queen are just going in circles like a demented dog chasing its tail, touring the world with a karaoke song list, it goes on and on and on and one...........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz boring.

Miracle.

Posted: 28 Dec 18, 14:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockchic I honestly do not think Adam should be singing with anyone but himself.
Singing covers is his trademark now and that makes him cheap second rate artist in my estimates.
Queen (Bri & Rog) have become lost in there careers taking on this pantomine freak who yes got lucky to be fronting the UKs biggest rock band of all time but it certainly does not impress many ardent rock fans at all. Queen are just going in circles like a demented dog chasing its tail, touring the world with a karaoke song list, it goes on and on and on and one...........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz boring.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1950 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 18, 14:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sparkle wrote:

That's your opinion, many clearly think differently. He sings cover's when it's appropriate, Elvis tribute, Cher tribute, Wicked tribute, musicals week on Strictly just the same as any other artist asked to appear at those type things.

Bri & Rog are 69 and 71 hardly the age where they need to be worrying about what they do in their career, they've made their mark long since and if they want to have fun with Adam playing for the fans who still love to see them why not, most people would have retired by their age they're under no obligation to be doing anything they don't enjoy or want to do.

And if it doesn't impress some ardent rock fans then they don't need to see them it's not like they're short of bums on seats and I'm sure they really don't care what type of people make up their audience. You're wrong though there's plenty rock and metal fans at their shows, seems they're more open minded when it comes to judging someone's vocal skills, they really don't seem to care whether he wears platform boots and a pink suit or trainers and jeans so long as he can deliver the songs. http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Du3LnipXgAoubEQ.jpg

Miracle.

Posted: 28 Dec 18, 17:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockchic Yes it does show that maylor do not care a shit about who is in the audience and who they have as front man now.
Queen has been an absolute disgrace since Freddie died and Jhn leaving, they are a complete joke and no serious heavy rock fan would honestly support them now. They look like a cheesy eurovision act.

Posted: 28 Dec 18, 17:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sparkle wrote:

Rockchic Yes it does show that maylor do not care a shit about who is in the audience and who they have as front man now.
Queen has been an absolute disgrace since Freddie died and Jhn leaving, they are a complete joke and no serious heavy rock fan would honestly support them now. They look like a cheesy eurovision act.

Guessing you don't consider Rick Savage rock enough then, and he's just one, there's plenty other rock singers and rock fans who love their shows, they obviously don't think it's cheesy.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 18, 17:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is the definition of cheesiness. QUeen schmaltzy las vegas style with a goat singer

Posted: 28 Dec 18, 17:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

It is the definition of cheesiness. QUeen schmaltzy las vegas style with a goat singer

That's opinion not fact, clearly lots of people don't agree.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts

Posted: 28 Dec 18, 18:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Same ol crap "go to a show" - i also dont go to a Britney show cause I know it would suck. DUmbass

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly

Posted: 28 Dec 18, 19:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sparkle wrote:

Some things Brian and Roger have done were/are good. No One But You, SMGO with Elton John, MIH. The solo music was also good.
Some things, especially the Pepsi ad were just awful. I can't believe they sold out to that crap.
My opinion only.

Iron Butterfly

SweetCaroline

Posted: 28 Dec 18, 21:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do Sam and Adele sound better live than on the radio? I don’t think they toured near where I live.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 28 Dec 18, 21:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Do Sam and Adele sound better live than on the radio? I don’t think they toured near where I live.

Watch some of their concerts...wait a minute, you said you watched Sam at Rock in Rio,your mind is already made up about him even before Rio , even your mind is made up about Adele because they sold more, more nominations, awards etc than AL did. Basically that is why you can't stand them.
Don't know if Sam Smith or Adele toured near you, but I doubt you would have went anyways if they played where you live. Fair enough, but you give people crap for not going to Q+AL shows. That is hypocritical.
I will never understand why it's so important for and to you that people go to Q+AL shows and be all full of praise about it. Ticket profits? You want everyone to love AL, think he is the best? Glambert badge of honor or award? You are going about it the wrong way in your hoping to get people on Queen boards to support AL. I don't think you realize it.

tomcat39 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 44 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 18, 01:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tomcat39 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 44 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 18, 01:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Because she's absolutely batshit fucking crazy and even Adam's fans wish she'd shut the hell up. Idk why people give her the time of day.

I liked Believe, I liked the high notes. I don't think Cher not doing high notes was a requirement for him to. She's more an alto vocally anyway. The whole song is autotuned, that doesn't mean his version should be.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 29 Dec 18, 03:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My point has always been about seeing artists live — not on TV or on YouTube or on a studio recording.

Adam is better live than on an autotuned recording. When he performs live, he does not lip sync like some artists do. Like Bri says, they are live and dangerous.

Maybe I would LOVE Adele and Sam live, but I do not like their mournful whiney recordings.