forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Dec 18, 04:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

My point has always been about seeing artists live — not on TV or on YouTube or on a studio recording.

Adam is better live than on an autotuned recording. When he performs live, he does not lip sync like some artists do. Like Bri says, they are live and dangerous.

Maybe I would LOVE Adele and Sam live, but I do not like their mournful whiney recordings.

Come on sweetcaroline, plenty of what you have posted through the years are still on both Queen boards. You pretty much say no one can give an opinion about Q+AL without having attended a show. Yet, you rant on about others that you think are bland and boring... without ever seeing some artists live.
Well I will agree with Brian May that Q+AL is live, dangerous, not so much, especially since they don't stray too much from the hits.
No, I don't think there is a possibility of you living Sam Smith and Adele. Your mind about them has been made up for years about them, because you hold it against them that they are more popular than AL.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 29 Dec 18, 05:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tomcat39 wrote:

Because she's absolutely batshit fucking crazy and even Adam's fans wish she'd shut the hell up. Idk why people give her the time of day.

I liked Believe, I liked the high notes. I don't think Cher not doing high notes was a requirement for him to. She's more an alto vocally anyway. The whole song is autotuned, that doesn't mean his version should be.

I guess I hope one day I can have a civil discussion with her, but I guess since she says as if I'm like Hitler and she pretty much hates me, I guess there's no hope of that. Sweetcaroline has her defenders however, careful you don't get on the bad side of it.
I wish I liked the high notes and/or I wish he didn't add them. I guess to me it seemed out of place? Other than that, I really liked it. Really liked it, it's already one of my favorite covers I have seen/heard him do. I might get blasted by a Glambert or two here by saying this, but I'd put up there with him singing Save Me which I love him singing as well.

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 158 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 18, 05:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

tomcat39 wrote:

Because she's absolutely batshit fucking crazy and even Adam's fans wish she'd shut the hell up. Idk why people give her the time of day.

I liked Believe, I liked the high notes. I don't think Cher not doing high notes was a requirement for him to. She's more an alto vocally anyway. The whole song is autotuned, that doesn't mean his version should be.

I guess I hope one day I can have a civil discussion with her, but I guess since she says as if I'm like Hitler and she pretty much hates me, I guess there's no hope of that. Sweetcaroline has her defenders however, careful you don't get on the bad side of it.
I wish I liked the high notes and/or I wish he didn't add them. I guess to me it seemed out of place? Other than that, I really liked it. Really liked it, it's already one of my favorite covers I have seen/heard him do. I might get blasted by a Glambert or two here by saying this, but I'd put up there with him singing Save Me which I love him singing as well.

Icy, I can definitely understand your perspective, and we'll just have to respectfully agree to disagree. I happen to like the high notes, which I think aren't all that high for Adam. The are perfectly placed for me, not out of place. Now, when he first started singing We Are The Champions, that is an example where I think he goes a bit overboard.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 29 Dec 18, 05:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

tomcat39 wrote:

Icy, I can definitely understand your perspective, and we'll just have to respectfully agree to disagree. I happen to like the high notes, which I think aren't all that high for Adam. The are perfectly placed for me, not out of place. Now, when he first started singing We Are The Champions, that is an example where I think he went a bit overboard.

I don't mind that you are disagreeing with me. Actually, kudos to you for not jumping down my throat for how I feel about the high notes.

Posted: 29 Dec 18, 05:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Green is my favorite color. My wife is not particularly fond of the color green. She likes yellow. As far as colors go, yellow would be at the bottom for me. I don't tell her she's wrong and her opinion sucks, likewise she doesn't tell me I have bad taste in colors. I can see where someone might not like the high notes in Adam's rendition of Believe. It's not for everyone.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 29 Dec 18, 05:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

Green is my favorite color. My wife is not particularly fond of the color green. She likes yellow. As far as colors go, yellow would be at the bottom for me. I don't tell her she's wrong and her opinion sucks, likewise she doesn't tell me I have bad taste in colors. I can see where someone might not like the high notes in Adam's rendition of Believe. It's not for everyone.

You rock! :D

Posted: 29 Dec 18, 06:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think if Adam had sung this song a few years ago that D5 might have been a G5, and that would've degraded the song for me. Glad he left it where he did.

I see the CBS youtube has over 2 million views. Great for Mr. Lambert. He'll still never be a big star. Sorry Caroline. But I do believe he is highly respected as a singer in the music industry.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1659 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 18, 06:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What is "dangerous" about Lamebird or QAL? It is the definition of cheesy Nostalgia crap and a watered down schmaltz version if what was once great. With a twat on vocals

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 29 Dec 18, 07:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

I think if Adam had sung this song a few years ago that D5 might have been a G5, and that would've degraded the song for me. Glad he left it where he did.

I see the CBS youtube has over 2 million views. Great for Mr. Lambert. He'll still never be a big star. Sorry Caroline. But I do believe he is highly respected as a singer in the music industry.

Can I ask you why you think his voice has changed in the last few years?

rockchic65 user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1745 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 18, 09:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Brancelli wrote:

Can I ask you why you think his voice has changed in the last few years?

I think he's learned less is more sometimes, he's even said it in interview so although he still can throw the odd crazy high note in for the most part he doesn't do it like he would have back on Idol or his first couple of tours. Going off what he's said about Idol he never expected to stay in the competition for more than two or three weeks and was just wanting the exposure to get better theater work so I suspect he just thought go for it and show what you can do and then he became known for all the crazy vocal acrobatics and that's what people kept expecting and he felt he had to keep doing it. I think now he's realized it has more impact if you keep it for the odd bit and don't overdo it. Just my impression I could be totally wrong.

Posted: 29 Dec 18, 09:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just my impression I could be totally wrong.

You are as usual. Oversinging or not- his voice sucks and his personality as well

rockchic65 user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1745 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 18, 10:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Just my impression I could be totally wrong.

You are as usual. Oversinging or not- his voice sucks and his personality as well

Nope I'm definitely not wrong about his voice or his personality though I could be wrong about his reasons for why he sings the way he does.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 18, 12:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with both Brancelli and rockchic’s posts, above. Adam’s golden opportunity may have come and gone to make that initial impact in the music industry right after Idol. He was a bit too brave at that AMA show with his controversial performance.

I still think he would have stunned the audiences live and at home if he had performed “Time For Miracles.”

Inspired user not visiting Queenzone.com
Inspired
Deity: 2205 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 18, 12:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That is all he can do sing cover versions, why cannot he stun with his own solo songs then? Oh i forgot his own material is poop lol

Posted: 29 Dec 18, 12:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sparkle wrote:

That is all he can do sing cover versions, why cannot he stun with his own solo songs then? Oh i forgot his own material is poop lol

LAmebird and stunning are two words that hardly go together. Lamebird will go back into obscurity after QAL has ended.

He might get gigs at gay bars and cruiseships with a dayjob at MacDonalds

SweetCaroline

Posted: 29 Dec 18, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Homophobia is alive and well in this forum!

SweetCaroline

SweetCaroline

Posted: 29 Dec 18, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BTW, “Time For Miracles” is not a cover song. I believe Adam is the only singer to perform it and it is considered his.

Posted: 29 Dec 18, 14:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Homophobia is alive and well in this forum!

Not homophobia but Lamebirdphobia - I dont care if he fucks asses or sheep (which he seems to do both)

Inspired user not visiting Queenzone.com
Inspired
Deity: 2205 posts

Posted: 29 Dec 18, 17:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adams homosexuality is over the top from the standard gay man on the streets, he takes it to a freaky scary level.