Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > adam lambert

forum rss feed
Author

flash00. user not visiting Queenzone.com
flash00.
Royalty: 1524 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 01:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yup I'd go see Brian or Roger on a solo tour, with respect it's not AL that's pulling those huge crowds it's the name Queen and those incredible songs which everybody sings.

You cannot go anywhere on the planet with out hearing the voice of Freddie singing even after all these years you would think he was still alive. I'm not bashing Lambert he would be far better if he toned the drag act crap down... he's fronting the biggest "rock" band on the planet not the Scissor Sisters.

oo la la
SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 03:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam does not dress in drag. What don’t you get about jackets and trousers?

He doesn’t wear onesies and ballet slippers.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 03:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I'm sure I've seen a pic of AL dressed as a woman.
Why do you bring up the onesies Freddie wore?

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 03:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Yep here is the pic of AL in drag. Will you deny that?

Attachment: 20181291292088485.jpg 91 KB
This has been downloaded 12 time(s).

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 03:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

flash00. wrote:

Yup I'd go see Brian or Roger on a solo tour, with respect it's not AL that's pulling those huge crowds it's the name Queen and those incredible songs which everybody sings.

You cannot go anywhere on the planet with out hearing the voice of Freddie singing even after all these years you would think he was still alive. I'm not bashing Lambert he would be far better if he toned the drag act crap down... he's fronting the biggest "rock" band on the planet not the Scissor Sisters.

I'd go see Brian and Roger solo too. I hope they haven't completely given up on their solo music.
It's amazing to me Freddie's and Queen's music is still living on. The biopic has done wonders for it.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 03:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't get you people. Adam doesn't do drag! Where do you get these weird ideas from? There is a pic online somewhere with some crazy Halloween getup, but he himself says he isn't a drag Queen! so there is one picture out somewhere, but that doesn't make it so! He is usually on the best dressed list at Red Carpets. Adam is quite the fashionista, but as a dude. You all must be looking at the same one or two pics, but ignoring the other 100,00 main stream pics. Sometimes he dressy on the edgy side, sometimes just regular, but in no way is he ever drag. And yes, there are some pics out there of Freddie wearing onesies and ballet slippers and really questionable outfits, buy he wasn't drag either. I guess if there are no real things to complain about, you have to make them up. A lot of Freddie's concert choices of outfits were kind of weird to me, also.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 03:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The implication by flash00 is that Adam dresses in drag at Queen shows. That photo you posted is probably the ONLY time he did that and, of course, you have it in your Adam hate file.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 03:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

The implication by flash00 is that Adam dresses in drag at Queen shows. That photo you posted is probably the ONLY time he did that and, of course, you have it in your Adam hate file.

Flash said about toning down the drag act down. Nothing Flash posted was about how AL looks.
I don't have a hate AL file. Took less than a minute for me to search Google for the picture. You said AL doesn't dress in drag, and even I knew he did. Once, or more than once, I don't know how many times he did it, but it's a fact he did dress in drag at least once. Proof is in the pic.
But go on about Freddie's onesies and ballet slippers, short shorts etc, because I know if AL wore any of those things, you would fan girl over it. When you say Freddie wore it, you practically clutch your pearls.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 04:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When Adam dances on stage in itty bitty white shorts and bare feet, then you can complain!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 04:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

When Adam dances on stage in itty bitty white shorts and bare feet, then you can complain!

Bare feet now? So what, Freddie wore short shorts and was barefoot at times? You act as if that disgusts you...maybe because it's Freddie who wore it really bothers you. Why it bothers you, I will never understand. Maybe your jealous because AL never danced on stage in itty bitty white shorts.
Clutch those pearls!

Attachment: 20181292135760787.jpg 42 KB
This has been downloaded 5 time(s).

SweetCaroline

Iron Butterfly

SweetCaroline

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 05:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My point is don’t call Adam a drag act!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 05:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

My point is don’t call Adam a drag act!

So, about the only time you post a video of Queen/Freddie is for you to say don't call AL a drag act? As if Freddie was wearing drag in that video you posted? Come on, you could at least have posted the Break Free video. But no, same old same old comment by you about Freddie's white shorts, and now Freddie was barefoot...as if that proves anything.
You have no point at at all. More people than Freddie wore short shorts and went barefoot even onstage, but you act as he was the only person who did it, and behaving like you are horrified by it.
You are butthurt by a comment someone posted that mentioned AL and a drag act, even with you knowing that AL dressed in drag. Flash said nothing offensive in the post above, just in case you need that pointed out to you, yet you are somehow insulted by it.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 05:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Someone just tweeted this video from the Q104 Christmas Show — I was there!

Trespassing/Another One Bites The Dust

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=KYIxnqEfo5w

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2710 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 09:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

flash00. wrote:

I'm not so sure, I think AL has a lot to do with the success of this. They are now touring at the level they did with Freddie, and selling more tickets per venue ( in the states) than they were doing in 1982.

The AL fronted Queen is vastly more successful than the Paul Rodgers line up. Leading up to 2012 the interest worldwide in Queen had levelled out. By 2014 people were talking about them again a lot more than they had don for quite a few years. The current interest is tied into the Film but that ball had begun to roll a couple of years ago.

Their live success is more than just the songs, it's the undeniable chemistry they have between them and the ability to put n a great show.

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2439 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 10:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

VH That is your personal opinion, you are deluded if you think AL can actually pull of the concert of the century and make Queen more popular than Freddie ever did.
May & co cant have that much confidence in Lambert because they are shit scared to go into a recording studio with him.
They know it would flop big time.
Lambert is making his living from Freddie's music and Queens and he knows his own solo material is crap because he was on Strictly last week singing " We are the champions" what is wrong with his own material if he is so good then?

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2439 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 10:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly Those pics of AL in drag where really scary, and he certainly has an identity crisis going on there!

anadamfan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 93 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 12:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haha!
A bunch of people, who know next to nothing about Adam, found some pictures. Did it scare you?

Should I put pictures of Queen in drag beside these? I bet, you know these, do’s no need, I guess. These pictures of Adam are to be taken as seriously as the ones of Queen. It was for fun.

As explanation for those, who are interested in the background and aren’t here to make fun of Adam:
The pictures were taken at a party, where every guest appeared in drag. That was more than 10 years ago, before Adam became famous. He went there with his boyfriend, who talked him into it. Both were there in drag.
Adam said, he did drag about 2-3 times in his life, but isn’t into it and hadn’t done it for years.

Unfortunately for some of you, ;)
the probability of seeing Adam in drag again is close to zero.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1950 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 12:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr right wrote:

VH That is your personal opinion, you are deluded if you think AL can actually pull of the concert of the century and make Queen more popular than Freddie ever did.
May & co cant have that much confidence in Lambert because they are shit scared to go into a recording studio with him.
They know it would flop big time.
Lambert is making his living from Freddie's music and Queens and he knows his own solo material is crap because he was on Strictly last week singing " We are the champions" what is wrong with his own material if he is so good then?

Firstly I can't see where VH said he could make Queen more popular than Freddie, that clearly wouldn't be the case.

They don't go into the recording studio mainly because Adam prefers to make solo music. Think about it logically, he's half their age, if they were all around 36 it would make sense, they could be a proper recording/touring band and build something together but with the best will in the world Bri & Roger can't continue that much longer so Adam has to consider what happens after they are no longer able to tour. He's got an album waiting to be released what would be the point of doing one with Bri & Roger as well plus how many "Queen fans" would want to go to their shows to hear a new album rather than Queen classics? Unless they managed to pull off an album worth of amazing songs, and even Queen albums had a few duds so what's the odds on that without Freddie, they would still end up playing mostly Queen hits, seems little point to me considering there's little money to be made for a lot of effort.

He had no choice on strictly, the theme was musicals so unless he had recorded something that was used in one (he hasn't) he had to stick to the theme.

That photo was from before he even went on Idol. He's not into drag but has dressed up a couple of times back then for fun at an event, one where it was strictly people who aren't drag queens copying them. He hasn't done it since then despite a few of you keep calling what he wears on Queen shows drag (it's not).