Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > adam lambert

forum rss feed
Author

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 15:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockchic You must be blind if you think Lambert is getting accepted by the homophobes. Anti gay treatement is rife in the USA and in the Uk it is more accepting.
Nothing wrong in been gay but he does push it too far.
In doing so a lot of hard rock fans ignore Queen now.


rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1946 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 15:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sparkle wrote:

Rockchic You must be blind if you think Lambert is getting accepted by the homophobes. Anti gay treatement is rife in the USA and in the Uk it is more accepting.
Nothing wrong in been gay but he does push it too far.
In doing so a lot of hard rock fans ignore Queen now.


That's not what I see, last year when they were touring there were endless tweets and comments on instagram from hard rockers and metal fans who'd seen the show and loved it, they don't seem to have a bias against how he looks or acts and are more concerned with how he sings. He's always been accepted by rock fans who were hoping that's what he'd do after Idol they just probably don't like his more pop based music but with Queen music they don't have a problem. Lots of rock musicians are impressed by him, Alice Cooper, Meatloaf, Rob Halford, Slash, James Michael, Joe Elliot & Rick Savage etc who've all been to their show.

I agree there's more homophobia in the US than here in the UK but outside of certain very conservative area's he seems to escape it pretty well.



Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 16:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The artists that you have mentioned are friends with Queen anyway and are going to be nice to May & Taylor.
They will secretly know that the band are not as good as they used to be with Freddie & John,
Sure full marks for them keeping the band going but they have pissed a lot of people off in doing so.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1098 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 17:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Keep on deluding yourself!!

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 17:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Deep inside those Glamtart grannies dream that he is not gay as they are lusting for the twat


Some may but most are just impressed by his talent and the person he is inside.



Only if you like talentfree twats

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 17:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Snifflesse You are the deluded one if you think Adam is on a level with Freddie.
Freddie could wipe the floor with him any day if he was still here

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 17:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Keep on deluding yourself!!


Talking to your glamtarts?

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 17:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese You are really thick i almost pity you.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 17:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sparkle wrote:

snifflese You are really thick i almost pity you.

he/she/it is as annoying as sc. Totally deluded perverts


rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1946 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 18:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sparkle wrote:

The artists that you have mentioned are friends with Queen anyway and are going to be nice to May & Taylor.
They will secretly know that the band are not as good as they used to be with Freddie & John,
Sure full marks for them keeping the band going but they have pissed a lot of people off in doing so.


So you think Rick keeps wearing his Queen + Adam t shirt instead of just a Queen t shirt to be nice? Really don't think Alice was just being nice he says the first time he saw Adam on Idol he said "that guy should sing for Queen". Meatloaf called himself an Adam Lambert groupie back in 2009 and Slash only asked to mentor on the show because of Adam and Alison.

Incidentally I've never said anyone thinks they're as good as they used to be with Freddie and John. I'm sure lots of fans would have Freddie and John back in a heartbeat but it clearly can't happen.

They haven't pissed nearly as many people off as you seem to think. Sure there are some fans who aren't on board, I'm sure there were when Paul was with them and no matter who they'd toured with not every fan would have been happy but they've been successful for six years and it's showing no signs of slowing down so there's enough people interested.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5627 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 18:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In 2009 Slash was actively looking for singers for his debut solo album, and in the longer term for someone to sing on tour, so that may account for his Idol dalliance. Of course, it turned out that he asked Myles Kennedy to sing with him, Myles being a proper rock singer, song writer, and musician. Carry on.




"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1946 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 18:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

In 2009 Slash was actively looking for singers for his debut solo album, and in the longer term for someone to sing on tour, so that may account for his Idol dalliance. Of course, it turned out that he asked Myles Kennedy to sing with him, Myles being a proper rock singer, song writer, and musician. Carry on.



He was talking to Adam about doing something but Bri & Roger had also asked him about the band and at the time he was tied into a contract for a year with Idol. Slash wouldn't have been considering him at all if he wasn't impressed. This is what he actually said.

“I actually did ‘American Idol’ for a second - I was a mentor. They talked me into it, they twisted my arm and I ended up doing it. It was because, at the time, Adam Lambert was on it and I thought he was a great singer. The first time I saw him, I went down there because a friend of mine works at the studio and checked him out. Once I went down there I was captive. It was an interesting experience but I would never do it again.”



runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 18:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Slash was completely annoyed by Lameberts oversinging vocal gymnastics and he told him to tone it down. There is a video where Lamebert does his usual goat crap And slash is totally turned off by it. I cannot blame him.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5627 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 18:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I didn't say he wasn't impressed. The point I'm making is that Slash was looking for singers (plural). You make it sound that he was only looking at Lambert. For the album, he utilised the following singers: Ian Astbury, Ozzy, Fergie, Myles Kennedy, Chris Cornell, Andrew Stockdale, Adam Levine, Lemmy, Kid Rock and Iggy Pop. Good for him for having an open mind. Adam Levine's performance on Gotten is great and Levine is not someone you would normally associate with Slash. Lambert may well have been tied to an Idol contract but Myles Kennedy was far and away the best fit because he's a rock singer who could sing everything on the album with some authenticity, and he could also do the GnR songs on tour.


"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1946 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 18:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

I didn't say he wasn't impressed. The point I'm making is that Slash was looking for singers (plural). You make it sound that he was only looking at Lambert. For the album, he utilised the following singers: Ian Astbury, Ozzy, Fergie, Myles Kennedy, Chris Cornell, Andrew Stockdale, Adam Levine, Lemmy, Kid Rock and Iggy Pop. Good for him for having an open mind. Adam Levine's performance on Gotten is great and Levine is not someone you would normally associate with Slash. Lambert may well have been tied to an Idol contract but Myles Kennedy was far and away the best fit because he's a rock singer who could sing everything on the album with some authenticity, and he could also do the GnR songs on tour.


Adam could easily have done GnR songs, in fact that would far more suit his style of rock singing. Regardless I was simply refuting Sparkle's assumption that all rock singers/fans don't like Queen + due to Adam being theatrical, camp, too gay whatever.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1946 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 19:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Slash was completely annoyed by Lameberts oversinging vocal gymnastics and he told him to tone it down. There is a video where Lamebert does his usual goat crap And slash is totally turned off by it. I cannot blame him.


Slash wasn't annoyed he simply said "maybe don't improvise so much in the high register because when you hit the low register it sounds really cool". He wasn't turned off by it at all, you do make crap up. Slash is used to playing with Axl, don't think he has a problem with high singing in general.


Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5627 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 19:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Holly2003 wrote:

I didn't say he wasn't impressed. The point I'm making is that Slash was looking for singers (plural). You make it sound that he was only looking at Lambert. For the album, he utilised the following singers: Ian Astbury, Ozzy, Fergie, Myles Kennedy, Chris Cornell, Andrew Stockdale, Adam Levine, Lemmy, Kid Rock and Iggy Pop. Good for him for having an open mind. Adam Levine's performance on Gotten is great and Levine is not someone you would normally associate with Slash. Lambert may well have been tied to an Idol contract but Myles Kennedy was far and away the best fit because he's a rock singer who could sing everything on the album with some authenticity, and he could also do the GnR songs on tour.


Adam could easily have done GnR songs, in fact that would far more suit his style of rock singing. Regardless I was simply refuting Sparkle's assumption that all rock singers/fans don't like Queen + due to Adam being theatrical, camp, too gay whatever.


Yes he could have hit the notes, but how awful would it have been to have him sing those classic rock songs in his theatrical-Idol style. Slash needed a rock singer and he got one.


"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1946 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 19:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

Yes he could have hit the notes, but would how awful would it have been to have him sing those classic rock songs in his theatrical-Idol style. Slash needed a rock singer and he got one.


He wouldn't have been singing in his theatrical style, like I said his rock voice is more in the Axl, Tyler style, kind of hair metal. Not that it matters since for whatever reason they didn't collab, they were texting back and forth for a while but nothing happened.


Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5627 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He doesn't have a rock voice. I'm sure SC will post AL's version of Whole Lotta Love to "prove" me wrong. Don't bother: it's terrible. He is just about listenable when doing some of Queen's pop catalogue but he's not a convincing rock singer.



"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3847 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 19:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

He doesn't have a rock voice. I'm sure SC will post AL's version of Whole Lotta Love to "prove" me wrong. Don't bother: it's terrible. He is just about listenable when doing some of Queen's pop catalogue but he's not a convincing rock singer.


Some Glamberts think AL is a rock God. Based on exactly what? His covers of other people's music, nah I don't think so, and his own music isn't very hard/heavy rock, if at all.