Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > adam lambert

forum rss feed
Author

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1745 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 19:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

He doesn't have a rock voice. I'm sure SC will post AL's version of Whole Lotta Love to "prove" me wrong. Don't bother: it's terrible. He is just about listenable when doing some of Queen's pop catalogue but he's not a convincing rock singer.

That's your opinion, plenty disagree. Rock isn't just one sound it covers lots of styles from Bon Jovi to Journey, you don't get much different but they are both classed as rock. Adam could easily do Journey, some GNR, some Aerosmith and various others, his voice wouldn't suit Bon Jovi or the more classic hard rock but some glam metal etc definitely.

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 19:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Some Glamberts think AL is a rock God. Based on exactly what? His covers of other people's music, nah I don't think so, and his own music isn't very hard/heavy rock, if at all.

His own music isn't no, it's not what he chose to do but it's what everyone thought he should be doing and it's the lane they put him in on Idol. He auditioned with a Michael Jackson song but they obviously wanted him more in the rock genre and there's covers he's done that are rock. I don't call him a rock god but he can definitely sing some types of rock.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1659 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 19:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You glamtarts are delusional. Lameturd a Hair metal singer? Really??? You are just a laughing stock like your idol. Lameturd cannot sing rock songs at all with his whining girls voice

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 19:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Some Glamberts think AL is a rock God. Based on exactly what? His covers of other people's music, nah I don't think so, and his own music isn't very hard/heavy rock, if at all.

His own music isn't no, it's not what he chose to do but it's what everyone thought he should be doing and it's the lane they put him in on Idol. He auditioned with a Michael Jackson song but they obviously wanted him more in the rock genre and there's covers he's done that are rock. I don't call him a rock god but he can definitely sing some types of rock.

Gotta ask, what do you mean what he didn't choose to do?

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 19:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

When he got off Idol and was recording his album he wanted it to be pop with a house/electronic feel rather than rock even though he does like some rock music and did do one or two covers in his live shows.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1659 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 19:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

When he got off Idol and was recording his album he wanted it to be pop with a house/electronic feel rather than rock even though he does like some rock music and did do one or two covers in his live shows.

You are really that dumb to believe that AI contestants can chose what they wanna do???you are even dumber than I thought you would be....

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 19:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Well his solo music is pop and EDM. Not having a go at you, but I do find it strange he didn't want to do rock, but he is touring with Brian and Roger, for years now. Maybe he knew he couldn't pull of rock in his solo career?

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5476 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 19:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Holly2003 wrote:

He doesn't have a rock voice. I'm sure SC will post AL's version of Whole Lotta Love to "prove" me wrong. Don't bother: it's terrible. He is just about listenable when doing some of Queen's pop catalogue but he's not a convincing rock singer.

That's your opinion, plenty disagree. Rock isn't just one sound it covers lots of styles from Bon Jovi to Journey, you don't get much different but they are both classed as rock. Adam could easily do Journey, some GNR, some Aerosmith and various others, his voice wouldn't suit Bon Jovi or the more classic hard rock but some glam metal etc definitely.

Yes, that's my opinion. That's how forums work. Luckily Slash shares my opinion about Myles Kennedy. As for your appealing to the wisdom of the masses, that seldom makes a sound foundation for a musical discussion, otherwise Kanye would be considered a better song writer than Dylan.

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
Inspired user not visiting Queenzone.com
Inspired
Deity: 2205 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 19:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well he is making a right dogs dinner of the Queen back catalogue and it is musical rape in my opinion.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 19:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Speaking of rock, can anyone tell me why songs by Lorde are put in the rock category for Grammy nominations?

Inspired

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 19:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sweetcaroline Lorde are a heavy rock band ! dahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 19:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Well his solo music is pop and EDM. Not having a go at you, but I do find it strange he didn't want to do rock, but he is touring with Brian and Roger, for years now. Maybe he knew he couldn't pull of rock in his solo career?

He wanted to do pop on Idol like I said but they saw him more in the rock genre. Whether it was that he actually preferred to do pop or just thought that would be more likely to get in the charts I don't know but he was a club kid who liked going to raves and dancing to EDM type stuff a lot so I guess that music resonated with him more at the time and he's more or less said as much. Rock in general doesn't get anywhere in the mainstream and hasn't for a long while. There are rock bands that do well if they've already got a huge following and been around for years but starting out doing rock doesn't seem to work too well so maybe that was his theory as well.

Inspired

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 19:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Plenty of new acts out now that do rock!
Lamberts solo material is bland electronic dance crap and no wonder his label has dropped him.

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 20:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

Yes, that's my opinion. That's how forums work. Luckily Slash shares my opinion about Myles Kennedy. As for your appealing to the wisdom of the masses, that seldom makes a sound foundation for a musical discussion, otherwise Kanye would be considered a better song writer than Dylan.

I've nothing against Myles he's great, love his voice and I also liked Scott Weiland. When I refer to other people I'm talking industry people not fans, he was referred to as a rocker, glam rocker etc by people in the industry. Just because he chose to do pop doesn't mean that's all he could do.

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 20:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sparkle wrote:

sweetcaroline Lorde are a heavy rock band ! dahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lordi are a rock band, Lorde is an New Zealand singer songwriter!!!

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 20:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sparkle wrote:

Plenty of new acts out now that do rock!
Lamberts solo material is bland electronic dance crap and no wonder his label has dropped him.

Mainstream acts getting in the top of the charts? Or indie bands like Royal Blood etc?

Inspired

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 20:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does it matter what bands they are at least they are making an honest living and not singing other bands material for a living.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5476 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 20:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Holly2003 wrote:

I've nothing against Myles he's great, love his voice and I also liked Scott Weiland. When I refer to other people I'm talking industry people not fans, he was referred to as a rocker, glam rocker etc by people in the industry. Just because he chose to do pop doesn't mean that's all he could do.

Who exactly in the industry and in what context were these discussions taking place?

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 20:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sparkle wrote:

Does it matter what bands they are at least they are making an honest living and not singing other bands material for a living.

I was asking because I notice on youtube you have to actively search for new rock bands and a lot are indie they don't come up in trending or mainstream stuff it's all rap/trap, hip hop or stuff like Taylor Swift and Bieber etc.

Adam will be doing his own stuff when his music is released next year, don't see the problem with him doing both.

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 20:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

Who exactly in the industry and in what context were these discussions taking place?

Whenever he's reported on or they announce he's gonna be putting out new music or industry people mention him they call him the vocal powerhouse, pop rocker or glam rocker so that's clearly where they see his voice. Depends what people are meaning by pop since all it really means is "popular", but a lot of people associate it with things like Taylor Swift, Britney, Bieber etc.