Posted: 30 Dec 18, 20:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Noone is waiting for a Lamebird solo album

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3847 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 20:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Speaking of rock, can anyone tell me why songs by Lorde are put in the rock category for Grammy nominations?

That time of year for you rant about Grammy nominations again. Every year.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 20:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Well his solo music is pop and EDM. Not having a go at you, but I do find it strange he didn't want to do rock, but he is touring with Brian and Roger, for years now. Maybe he knew he couldn't pull of rock in his solo career?

He wanted to do pop on Idol like I said but they saw him more in the rock genre. Whether it was that he actually preferred to do pop or just thought that would be more likely to get in the charts I don't know but he was a club kid who liked going to raves and dancing to EDM type stuff a lot so I guess that music resonated with him more at the time and he's more or less said as much. Rock in general doesn't get anywhere in the mainstream and hasn't for a long while. There are rock bands that do well if they've already got a huge following and been around for years but starting out doing rock doesn't seem to work too well so maybe that was his theory as well.

They did? Idol used to have not that many songs and artists they could have the contestants cover.
I do hope AL wanted to do pop, instead of him thinking he'd do it just for the possibility of it selling more.
For me, Daughtry is the rocker from Idol. He making a go out of it for years now. Much to be said about him not riding on coattails the way I feel AL has for years now.
Not having a go at you by the way.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1946 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 20:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

They did? Idol used to have not that many songs and artists they could have the contestants cover.
I do hope AL wanted to do pop, instead of him thinking he'd do it just for the possibility of it selling more.
For me, Daughtry is the rocker from Idol. He making a go out of it for years now. Much to be said about him not riding on coattails the way I feel AL has for years now.
Not having a go at you by the way.

I don't see it as riding on coattails, Bri & Roger love performing live and they need a singer and they clearly love working with Adam and he them but he still keeps his solo projects going at the same time. End of the day it's a mutually beneficial arrangement.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 20:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So beneficial that the record label dropped him despite his QAL promotion. Says all about his solo crap music. His solo career is done for years now and it just had some minor success in the US due to the AI promotion. Noone takes this twat seriously apart from a few Glamtarts lusting for the lady boy and 2 Ex legends who lost the plot

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 21:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

So beneficial that the record label dropped him despite his QAL promotion. Says all about his solo crap music. His solo career is done for years now and it just had some minor success in the US due to the AI promotion. Noone takes this twat seriously apart from a few Glamtarts lusting for the lady boy and 2 Ex legends who lost the plot

What has his record label got to do with him singing with Bri & Roger? And he's releasing his own music next year so he's either got a new label or is going independent. And plenty people take him seriously, take it you haven't seen all the tweets over the last few days lol.

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 21:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

What has his record label got to do with him singing with Bri & Roger? And he's releasing his own music next year so he's either got a new label or is going independent. And plenty people take him seriously, take it you haven't seen all the tweets over the last few days lol.

You said it was a beneficial collaboration. If it is beneficial you dont get dropped by your own record label do you? Why you always need some extra explanation for the most obvious things????
Tweets from Glamtart grannies donÄ't make him more credible. He is and stays an unworthy POS

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 21:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

You said it was a beneficial collaboration. If it is beneficial you dont get dropped by your own record label do you? Why you always need some extra explanation for the most obvious things????
Tweets from Glamtart grannies donÄ't make him more credible. He is and stays an unworthy POS

They are completely separate projects, his record label isn't even the same one as Queen so there's no link between them and what he does as a solo artist has nothing to do with what he does with Bri & Roger. I meant mutually beneficial for him and them to tour together since they can't tour without a singer and he gets to tour arena's and have fun with them, win win. That has nothing to do with what he does separate from them.

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 21:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

They are completely separate projects, his record label isn't even the same one as Queen so there's no link between them and what he does as a solo artist has nothing to do with what he does with Bri & Roger. I meant mutually beneficial for him and them to tour together since they can't tour without a singer and he gets to tour arena's and have fun with them, win win. That has nothing to do with what he does separate from them.

And you think it is logical that he giot dropped by his company depsite being in the QAL limelight? What kinda logic is that? Fact is thhey did not believe in his solo stuff as it sucked so they sacked him and he can be lucky to work for the two ex legends

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 21:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

And you think it is logical that he giot dropped by his company depsite being in the QAL limelight? What kinda logic is that? Fact is thhey did not believe in his solo stuff as it sucked so they sacked him and he can be lucky to work for the two ex legends

Solo music is obviously not the same as singing with QAL and there's no way to know why he's not with them anymore. I daresay he'll tell people eventually once his music is released, until then I'll reserve judgement.

Posted: 30 Dec 18, 22:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lol really pathetic.... do you really believe what you write?

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 31 Dec 18, 00:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Solo music is obviously not the same as singing with QAL and there's no way to know why he's not with them anymore. I daresay he'll tell people eventually once his music is released, until then I'll reserve judgement.

Or maybe he won't say anything at all, that's what I'm leaning towards.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4168 posts

Posted: 31 Dec 18, 00:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lorde is a person, not a band!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 31 Dec 18, 00:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline

SweetCaroline

SweetCaroline

SweetCaroline

SweetCaroline

SweetCaroline

Posted: 31 Dec 18, 01:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HELP !!! I posted this one time.. What is happening?