forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Jan 19, 20:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Sparkle, Adam IS an original artist. No one else sings like him, pitch perfect and always hitting those amazing and exciting high notes that bring people to their feet in a standing ovation!

Promotion alert!!!

Inspired user not visiting Queenzone.com
Inspired
Deity: 2208 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 19, 20:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I dont think Adam is original at all.
Singing karaoke for 10 years is hardly to be treated as a serious musician. Even Jane McDonald is like Adam singing cover songs for a living and she is classed as cabaret.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 19, 20:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam has 3 original albums. Have you listened to any of them?

And he has toured worldwide with all three!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 06 Jan 19, 20:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sparkle wrote:

I dont think Adam is original at all.
Singing karaoke for 10 years is hardly to be treated as a serious musician. Even Jane McDonald is like Adam singing cover songs for a living and she is classed as cabaret.

Careful...you will have sweetcaroline promoting and bigging up AL again ;-).
I will say this...I do think in a way AL is serious about his music, but as long as he is stuck singing other artists songs, it will be harder for him to find his niche. I don't think he has found it with his three solo albums. Maybe the next music will do it for him. I was shocked in the best way possible he said he was going for a blusey feel for the music, but he changed his mind about that. I don't know what to expect now, it seems he is telling on the Queen, 80s, influences with real instruments. So he says.
But is AL all that original? I honestly don't think so.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 06 Jan 19, 21:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Adam has 3 original albums. Have you listened to any of them?

And he has toured worldwide with all three!

Original how so exactly? Didn't Lady GaGa and Bruno Mars write at least two of the songs on his solo albums. It was Pink who actually wrote his biggest hit. AL isn't a good song writer, if TwoFux is anything to go by, that took four other writers to come up with.
Nothing all that original about the guy, sorry to break to you.
Come back to post when AL can fill venues the way Q+AL has, come back when AL is a groundbreaking artist the way Freddie and Queen were, come back when AL manages to write even one legendary song.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 06 Jan 19, 21:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Even Adele doesn’t write all of her songs. You don’t have to write songs to be an artist and to be original.

Adam IS original. That’s why he made such an impression on Idol. He IS ground breaking. It’s not all about writing songs.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 06 Jan 19, 21:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

About Adam finding his niche. He doesn’t have a niche. That’s why he fits Queen music so well. Queen music and Freddie were not boring or stuck in a set genre and neither is Adam. He does it all.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1659 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 19, 21:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What the fuck is groundbreaking about Lamebird??? There have been enough twats dressed in drag not able to write a song or carry a tune before him and there will be after him. He is the king of the twats though

SweetCaroline

Posted: 06 Jan 19, 21:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ed Sheeran filled Wembley but he is boring as hell. Wears a plaid shirt, strums his guitar in front of a mic, playing the same music over and over and over!

Oh, but he is original because he wrote all of those songs and is in a niche? LOL

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 06 Jan 19, 21:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

About Adam finding his niche. He doesn’t have a niche. That’s why he fits Queen music so well. Queen music and Freddie were not boring or stuck in a set genre and neither is Adam. He does it all.

Queen's music isn't his own music. AL is stuck pretty much singing other people's songs, with three medicore albums which he didn't even have a hand in writing some of the songs.
The next event AL is invited to sing at, let's see if he will do a solo song from his solo career or a cover song. I think it will be another cover song. He has nothing new out there as of now.
AL doesn't do it all. Even Freddie didn't do it all, but Freddie was more original in many ways than AL could ever hope to be.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 06 Jan 19, 21:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Even Adele doesn’t write all of her songs. You don’t have to write songs to be an artist and to be original.

Adam IS original. That’s why he made such an impression on Idol. He IS ground breaking. It’s not all about writing songs.

We aren't talking about Adele, but you want to try to deflect again.
How the heck was AL groundbreaking on Idol by singing other people's music? A show that had every contestant singing cover songs.
Seriously, what are you on?

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 06 Jan 19, 21:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Ed Sheeran filled Wembley but he is boring as hell. Wears a plaid shirt, strums his guitar in front of a mic, playing the same music over and over and over!

Oh, but he is original because he wrote all of those songs and is in a niche? LOL

Of course you think Sheeren ( and everyone else ) is boring other than AL. LOL. Get your head out of AL's ass, because you are embarssing yourself.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 06 Jan 19, 21:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

What the fuck is groundbreaking about Lamebird??? There have been enough twats dressed in drag not able to write a song or carry a tune before him and there will be after him. He is the king of the twats though

King of someone's fantasies too, I figure. xD
He does it all you know ;-) xD

SweetCaroline

Posted: 06 Jan 19, 22:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To each his own! Adam is the best!!!!!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 06 Jan 19, 22:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Oh fuck off with your fan worship crap. Post that on an Adam site for Pete's sake.
Freddie was the best and remains the best. And before you start, it's not only me who feels that way.
You say AL is the best on a Queen board. That's exactly why you are here to promote and big up AL on QZ. Thanks for being so obvious and clueless at the same time. Not as if you are a good one to say AL is the best, since you just about bitch about and gripe about every other artist, even Freddie.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 06 Jan 19, 22:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am rooting for BoRhap and Rami to win tonight at the Golden Globes. I haven’t seen any of the other movies that are nominated.

Posted: 06 Jan 19, 23:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I am rooting for BoRhap and Rami to win tonight at the Golden Globes. I haven’t seen any of the other movies that are nominated.

I hope not. The movie was as crappy as QAL

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5478 posts

Posted: 06 Jan 19, 23:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rami was good but John David Washington was better in BlacKkKlansman which maybe just shades it for best film, but it will probably go to A Star is Born. Black Panther is very over-rated. I hope Adam Driver gets best supporting actor as he was great. Also hope John C. Reilly wins but must admit I haven't seen all the films in his category.

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."

Posted: 06 Jan 19, 23:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

The best twat ladyboy ever

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 07 Jan 19, 00:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

Rami was good but John David Washington was better in BlacKkKlansman which maybe just shades it for best film, but it will probably go to A Star is Born. Black Panther is very over-rated. I hope Adam Driver gets best supporting actor as he was great. Also hope John C. Reilly wins but must admit I haven't seen all the films in his category.

I actually think JDW might win. I'd be just as pleased if he won to be honest.
Black Panther was a big deal over here, but I'd be very surprised if that won.
Will you be watching? An hour to go my time, I hope to watch the east coast feed.