Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > adam lambert

forum rss feed
Author

someonewholikesadam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 804 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 01:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm surprised they didn't ask Adam to come up to accept the Golden Globe for Best Picture given his starring role.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 01:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

someonewholikesadam wrote:

I'm surprised they didn't ask Adam to come up to accept the Golden Globe for Best Picture given his starring role.

Trolling 1000%.
Thanks for the laugh xD.

someonewholikesadam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 804 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 03:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

IB, You get me. LOL.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 03:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam is a sweetheart .....

“@adamlambert Congrats @ladygaga !!!“

“@adamlambert Congrats @DarrenCriss !!!!“

“@adamlambert WOOOHOOO congrats @ItsRamiMalek @DrBrianMay @OfficialRMT and everyone involved w #BohemianRhapsodyMovie on the @goldenglobes !!!!! So excited!!!“

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 03:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

someonewholikesadam wrote:

IB, You get me. LOL.

Man, I'm glad you were trolling. AnAL fan with a sense of humour on Queen boards is rare. Thanks for the laugh.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 03:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I guess now it's okay to mention Lady Gaga since AL tweeted about her. *sarcasm*

Inspired user not visiting Queenzone.com
Inspired
Deity: 2208 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 11:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You glamberts are so deluded. You say he has the best voice in the world today yet i never see him win any male vocalist awards ever!
Maybe this is all in your fluffy heads?

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 14:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Where exactly do they hand out vocalist awards? If you are talking Grammies, etc, all that takes is popularity and has nothing to do with the quality of the voice. There have been some doozies in the past. Many, many people have posted on social media about his voice and many of the people posting are people in the industry, not just regular fans.

Inspired user not visiting Queenzone.com
Inspired
Deity: 2208 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 14:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

someonewholikesadam Why would Adam Lambert be asked to accept a Golden Globe award for Queen then?
That film has nothing to do with him and it was the story of Freddie Mercury who worked damned hard to get Queen were they are now.
Lambert does not have to be included in everything Queen, he is only a guest vocalist so you lot keep telling us all on here.
Lambert can only dream of owning a Golden Globe award but there again they are only handed out to real people with real talent.

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5478 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr Sparkle wants to banish Lambert to the land of wind and ghosts.

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
SweetCaroline

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 17:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam is a real person with real talent.

As much as I love Rami and am happy that he got the Freddie role instead of SBC or Ben Whishaw, he had to work hard to look and move like the man he was portraying. He was awarded for his acting, but he wasn’t really singing or playing the piano.

Why do you diss the man whose performances are real and authentic?

Adam’s music hasn’t been accepted by the industry and the general public like the manufactured, cookie cutter, autotuned versions have. Hopefully, it will still happen. His voice is meant for anthems in my opinion and that’s why he has been so successful touring with the Queen guys.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1750 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 18:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sparkle wrote:

someonewholikesadam Why would Adam Lambert be asked to accept a Golden Globe award for Queen then?
That film has nothing to do with him and it was the story of Freddie Mercury who worked damned hard to get Queen were they are now.
Lambert does not have to be included in everything Queen, he is only a guest vocalist so you lot keep telling us all on here.
Lambert can only dream of owning a Golden Globe award but there again they are only handed out to real people with real talent.

I'm guessing you didn't read Iron Butterfly's comment and someonewholikesadam's response then. It was trolling lol.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1750 posts

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 18:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sparkle wrote:

You glamberts are so deluded. You say he has the best voice in the world today yet i never see him win any male vocalist awards ever!
Maybe this is all in your fluffy heads?

It's not us that say it that comes from how he gets described by various people in the industry etc, like the one I posted.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 19:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Adam is a real person with real talent.

As much as I love Rami and am happy that he got the Freddie role instead of SBC or Ben Whishaw, he had to work hard to look and move like the man he was portraying. He was awarded for his acting, but he wasn’t really singing or playing the piano.

Why do you diss the man whose performances are real and authentic?

Adam’s music hasn’t been accepted by the industry and the general public like the manufactured, cookie cutter, autotuned versions have. Hopefully, it will still happen. His voice is meant for anthems in my opinion and that’s why he has been so successful touring with the Queen guys.

There it is. The bitterness.
Who are you to say AL is real and has talent ? Many other artists are also real and talented, even though you don't like much music other than AL's.
Malek was not the first and won't be the last to change appearance for a film. It's been done many times before in many roles. Want me to point out some of those roles and the people behind the roles?

Adams music has never been accepted you, even though he got a Grammy nomination? Even though he has peformed on national TV is the US, UK, and has made many appearances on TV, the US, UK, Australia. That a sign of being accepted. His focus has been on Q+AL not his solo music, so he has nothing new to promote, so that's why his solo career has turned out the way it has. His choices.
You make AL seem helpless you know, maybe you have been trying to make people feel sorry for him for years now. But you have claimed everything from homophobia, wrong single choices, payloa, bad record companies, as to why he and his music isn't popular as other artists. Loads of crap.
I think he needs to do music that connects with people. So far, he hasn't done that on a big scale.
It's Queen's music why the Q+AL tours are so successful, and many people go to see Brian and Roger perform. The music is legendary, so are Brian and Roger. That is a huge part of it all, may be the biggest part of it all.
I can say I think Sam Smith is authentic and real. Why do you dis him? Because you think he is competition for AL. Two men who have carved very different paths for themselves, but one has been riding on coattails for years.
You are bitter than it's Rami getting praise for and from the industry and you can't figure out why that is, and now that AL isn't the one getting praise or even in the picture with Brian and Roger right now, you are bitter and jealous about the success of Bohemian Rhapsody. I can honestly say Bohemian Rhapsody has been groundbreaking, history making even, and Q+AL tours, not so much.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 19:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Sparkle wrote:

I'm guessing you didn't read Iron Butterfly's comment and someonewholikesadam's response then. It was trolling lol.

I actually got a laugh from it. If I thought it was in any way serious...my reaction would have been different ;-).

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

Mr Sparkle wants to banish Lambert to the land of wind and ghosts.

And some here think I am harsh about Lambert! xD

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 20:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You just won't give Adam any credit at all, will you? From all the things I have read about QAL over the years, Adam has a lot to do with the tour's success. He has the voice and persona to make it work, even if the show is diffferent from when Freddie was singing.. I also think that is a good part of what does make it work. Roger and Brian were smart enough to find someone different, but not so much that it didn't fit with the Queen spirit. Many people also go to see Adam and then see it again and again because the show just works with Roger, Brian and Adam. The three of them together are magic! I don't think there is another singer who would have made it that successful as few other singers even have the range to sing the catalog.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 20:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

You just won't give Adam any credit at all, will you? From all the things I have read about QAL over the years, Adam has a lot to do with the tour's success. He has the voice and persona to make it work, even if the show is diffferent from when Freddie was singing.. I also think that is a good part of what does make it work. Roger and Brian were smart enough to find someone different, but not so much that it didn't fit with the Queen spirit. Many people also go to see Adam and then see it again and again because the show just works with Roger, Brian and Adam. The three of them together are magic! I don't think there is another singer who would have made it that successful as few other singers even have the range to sing the catalog.

Is it mandatory that I give him credit, or do you just want me to give him credit?
It's not his blood, sweat and tears that made those Queen songs what they were, in many cases legendary.
Oh I'm sure you have read alot that says AL has a lot do with the tours being a success. Big up the guy some more why don't you.
Is not all about range for me, maybe it is for you. I know I'd rather hear emotions in the music than high notes any day, and that goes for everyone.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 20:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The three of them are magic indeed! That is why another tour is in the works! Maybe if the critics would experience one of them in person, they too would feel that magic and stop bitching about it!

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 21:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, get over the blood, sweat and tears crap! Do you know how many singers over the years sing covers or put out a new version of an old song? Tons of them do and no one says, well, that number 1 song doesn't count because someone else released it first. Tons of singers also release songs written by other folks and no one but you talks about how they didn't write it, so it shouldn't count. How about Roger's and Brians's blood, sweat and tears, because Freddie didn't write them all, nor is he performing them now. That is such a lame excuse given because you won't ever give Adam any credit. Cut it out with the bigging up also, as that has run its course. These are facts, my dear, as there are way too many people saying the same thing about QAL. You are in the very tiny minority! Fact! You hardly ever see a negative review in any of the social media surrounding QAL. I would say it is over 90% positive and it is only on the Queen sites that people somehow pretend it isn't so. Talk about butt hurt, which is one of your favorite words, that you always throw around! You love Freddie, great! Everyone needs someone they really, really like and relate to. But other people really enjoy Adam and QAL and that is their perogative, Why do you get such pleasure constantly raining on their parade? I will never understand people like that.