Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > adam lambert

forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 22:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Icy, get over the blood, sweat and tears crap! Do you know how many singers over the years sing covers or put out a new version of an old song? Tons of them do and no one says, well, that number 1 song doesn't count because someone else released it first. Tons of singers also release songs written by other folks and no one but you talks about how they didn't write it, so it shouldn't count. How about Roger's and Brians's blood, sweat and tears, because Freddie didn't write them all, nor is he performing them now. That is such a lame excuse given because you won't ever give Adam any credit. Cut it out with the bigging up also, as that has run its course. These are facts, my dear, as there are way too many people saying the same thing about QAL. You are in the very tiny minority! Fact! You hardly ever see a negative review in any of the social media surrounding QAL. I would say it is over 90% positive and it is only on the Queen sites that people somehow pretend it isn't so. Talk about butt hurt, which is one of your favorite words, that you always throw around! You love Freddie, great! Everyone needs someone they really, really like and relate to. But other people really enjoy Adam and QAL and that is their perogative, Why do you get such pleasure constantly raining on their parade? I will never understand people like that.


Why should I get over the hard work that Queen put in the music. Would you want to forget all of that to fawn over at AL's feet to make you happy? If you can't even understand nwhy Queen's hard work was and remains so important, all the while AL is making bucks of it, you are more entitled than I even thought.
Why should I give AL credit? I don't have to do that and even when I say I like something, that's still not good enough.
Yes, I love Freddie. I also respect band admire him for many reasons and I should be able to say that on a Queen board, don't you know. You blast me for liking Freddie, while you hype up AL. The irony and hypocrisy.
I have a mind of my own. I can and I will say how I feel. You want AL to get credit, does it boost his profile, boost his pay if I will give him credit? You can't even give Freddie any credit come to think of it. In fact, you hate it when he is discussed in here. That tells me how entitled you are, and how you want praise and credit for AL. Why is that so important for you?
Right now, Queen, Bohemian Rhapsody, and Rami is getting the attention. That really must be a burn for you.

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2439 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 22:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lets get one thing straight here, the film was about Freddie Mercury so why should AL get his greasy hands on a golden globe award for then? Bohemian Rhapsody was written by Freddie he was a genius because that song is regarded as THE greatest song ever written.
Mercury is an icon.
Adam Lambert is just your run of the mill vocalist in the style of musical theatre he is nothing special. I know all the girls love him but in terms of songwriting and his own solo material he aint that good at all, proof is he lost his recording contract on poor sales.
All he can do now is stop with Queen because he knows if he leaves he will be forgotten in two weeks. Lambert is a nobody in the Uk and probably the rest of europe. Hype has turned him into something he cannot deliver = talent.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1950 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 22:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sparkle wrote:

Lets get one thing straight here, the film was about Freddie Mercury so why should AL get his greasy hands on a golden globe award for then? Bohemian Rhapsody was written by Freddie he was a genius because that song is regarded as THE greatest song ever written.
Mercury is an icon.
Adam Lambert is just your run of the mill vocalist in the style of musical theatre he is nothing special. I know all the girls love him but in terms of songwriting and his own solo material he aint that good at all, proof is he lost his recording contract on poor sales.
All he can do now is stop with Queen because he knows if he leaves he will be forgotten in two weeks. Lambert is a nobody in the Uk and probably the rest of europe. Hype has turned him into something he cannot deliver = talent.


Do you read anything properly - no one's claiming he should get any award regarding the movie, someonewholikesadam posted that as a joke/troll comment.

And seriously a nobody lol, simply not true, he's out there being praised and getting work all over the place totally unrelated to Queen. His manages to keep both careers going simultaneously and is doing a great job with both.



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 22:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I owe someonewholikesadam an apology of sorts. I said she was trolling. Which wasn't the right way to put it. She was being tounge in cheek, sarcastic, and it was actually very funny.


snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 23:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, Icy, having your stamp of approval means squat in the big picture. Adam doesn't get paid more and it doesn't boost his profile. At the end of the day nothing said on here matters. What does matter are the glowing reviews, happy fans who see QAL, and satisfied band members. I think Brian, Roger, and Adam are all very happy with their incredible life. Getting to do what you love for and with people who love you, it doesn't get better than that. They are happy campers and you obviously, are not. Nothing will ever change your mind and that is just fine.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 23:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

No, Icy, having your stamp of approval means squat in the big picture. Adam doesn't get paid more and it doesn't boost his profile. At the end of the day nothing said on here matters. What does matter are the glowing reviews, happy fans who see QAL, and satisfied band members. I think Brian, Roger, and Adam are all very happy with their incredible life. Getting to do what you love for and with people who love you, it doesn't get better than that. They are happy campers and you obviously, are not. Nothing will ever change your mind and that is just fine.


Im not a happy camper because of my views about Q+AL, is that what you mean. I actually hope that's what you mean. But even when I have something good to say it's not good enough for you. So yes, you want everything to be liked about AL. I get that to a degree, I really do. What I don't get is the constant defense and bigging up of the guy on Queen boards especially. AL isn't the next Freddie,Elvis, Bowie, no matter how many times his fans have said it.
I am happy for the people who like and enjoy Q+AL, so if you are implying that I'm not, you are wrong. Do you see me jumping down people's throats who go...or don't go...to Q+AL concerts?

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 23:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The definition of insanity is doing something over and over and expecting a different result.



SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 23:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/03/23/same/amp/

“Saying something over and over is a symptom of insane obsession.”



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jan 19, 23:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/03/23/same/amp/

“Saying something over and over is a symptom of insane obsession.”



Fits you like a glove. All the spamming crap you do, all the promoting you do about AL, for years and everything else.
Just last night you repeated two of the same links. Oh the irony of you. You have repeated yourself many times, but you want to deflect on others again. You are more like Trump than you realize.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 00:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have never said Adam was any of the people you are mentioning. He does remind me of Elvis as that was my first teenage crush, however, Adam more than likely will not morph into any of the above mentioned stars. I am just fine with that. I have said that his voice speaks to me and I get goosebumps on some of the songs he sings. His voice just resonates with me and I like him as a person, as far as you can, not knowing him personally. I just think the crap and the negativity here is unwarranted. Anything he has accomplished (and there have been a number of things), just gets swept under the rug and really ugly things are said. Nowhere have I ever said he is a Freddie or a Bowie, but I do think he has one of the best tenor voices out there today, for whatever that is worth. He doesn't need to be a super star for me to be happy. His career is a good one and I think he is satisfied. That is all there is to it. I am not intimating anything more.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 02:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I have never said Adam was any of the people you are mentioning. He does remind me of Elvis as that was my first teenage crush, however, Adam more than likely will not morph into any of the above mentioned stars. I am just fine with that. I have said that his voice speaks to me and I get goosebumps on some of the songs he sings. His voice just resonates with me and I like him as a person, as far as you can, not knowing him personally. I just think the crap and the negativity here is unwarranted. Anything he has accomplished (and there have been a number of things), just gets swept under the rug and really ugly things are said. Nowhere have I ever said he is a Freddie or a Bowie, but I do think he has one of the best tenor voices out there today, for whatever that is worth. He doesn't need to be a super star for me to be happy. His career is a good one and I think he is satisfied. That is all there is to it. I am not intimating anything more.


No, it wasn't you. Someone else from here has said that and more than once. When I used to watch contestants on Idol, I never thought they reminded me of anyone else, sound wise, looks wise.
I'm glad you will be fine if AL isn't going to be one of the mega stars.
I truly get that you like his voice, I have no problem with that, although for me with AL, his high notes are not everything. Same goes for every artist I like.
I don't know what I've said that has been "ugly" or "hateful" about AL lately. I don't say he's a tranny, lady boy, but I'm still called hateful and I'm pretty much hated by a Glambert here.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 02:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think you grew up in the Elvis era or you might think differently! There were tons of folks watching Idol during Adam's season that thought just that. There were a couple of picture comparisons of him and Elvis. His voice is, of course, entirely different, but there was just something about Adam. I do think you have to agree that he has really toned down the high notes. It may still be too much for some people, but there are many who find that to be his signature and would be so disappointed if there were not any in his performances. I think he is pretty judicious with them now.

Icy, you don't say the things you mentioned, but you always find something negative about everything he does (both with his career and things he does other that) and you tend to give him very little credit. No sense in going into all of that, as I have brought different things up way too often. I know you like Save Me and Believe without the high notes. That isn't a whole lot when everything else is criticism and when you have had so many posts. Probably 99% of what you have written is stuff you don't like. That is my perception for what it is worth. It is pretty obvious there is not much you like about him. You are entitled to your opinion, but you really do rain on other people's parades, as I said earlier. It kind of takes the fun out of things. Just trying to be honest here. For people who would like to just come and chat about him, QAL and the tour, it is kind of hard to do without arguments abounding. Nobody wants to fight and argue all the time.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 03:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I don't think you grew up in the Elvis era or you might think differently! There were tons of folks watching Idol during Adam's season that thought just that. There were a couple of picture comparisons of him and Elvis. His voice is, of course, entirely different, but there was just something about Adam. I do think you have to agree that he has really toned down the high notes. It may still be too much for some people, but there are many who find that to be his signature and would be so disappointed if there were not any in his performances. I think he is pretty judicious with them now.

Icy, you don't say the things you mentioned, but you always find something negative about everything he does (both with his career and things he does other that) and you tend to give him very little credit. No sense in going into all of that, as I have brought different things up way too often. I know you like Save Me and Believe without the high notes. That isn't a whole lot when everything else is criticism and when you have had so many posts. Probably 99% of what you have written is stuff you don't like. That is my perception for what it is worth. It is pretty obvious there is not much you like about him. You are entitled to your opinion, but you really do rain on other people's parades, as I said earlier. It kind of takes the fun out of things. Just trying to be honest here. For people who would like to just come and chat about him, QAL and the tour, it is kind of hard to do without arguments abounding. Nobody wants to fight and argue all the time.


I don't know how I feel would if I grew up at that time. I would ass I'm a bit younger than you, because the Elvis mania completely passed me by, because I wasn't even born then. Drat, because it's one of my favorite eras for music.
Thank heavens AL has toned down the high notes. I will agree with that. Maybe that's why I was so surprised to hear him go for it with Believe.
I wear my heart on my sleeve, rather post my thoughts on the internet. I don't lie about what I like or don't like. I agree I'm a pain in the ass. I'm opinionated as well. But thing is, you or sweetcaroline don't 'know' me. I'm not always negative. I'm happy about the biopic even with the fact some of my friends don't like it. I could not have dreamed it would do what is has, and is doing. I really liked AL singing three Queen songs. And sure there are things I don't like that AL does, but that doesn't mean I hate the guy. Hate is a very strong word, I hate pricks and assholes like Harvey Weinstein as an example. I'm compared to Trump, it even has been said as if I'm like Hitler. The mind boggles how I'm pretty much hated by someone here, and the messed up part of it, it's no 'troll' who has said that about me. Go figure.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 04:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Off topic. Just finished looking through the Bohemian Rhapsody biopic book I got for my son for Christmas. It is still sitting under our Christmas tree. Also gave him the soundtrack CD that we haven’t played yet.

They are both very nice and I recommend them to whoever is interested. The photos in the book show how remarkable the casting was of the band because they were lucky to get 4 actors who look so much like the original guys!



Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 04:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, you seem reasonable and open-minded when it comes to Adam. At least I feel like you want to give him a chance. I don't understand why the fangirls don't see that. Perhaps I've missed some of your posts where you berate and trash him. The criticism I've seen of yours is very reasonable, and again, I can understand your perspective. Adam is not for everyone. I like him personally and think he's a very skilled singer, but can't fault anyone who doesn't particularly like his voice. I wouldn't say it's very palatable, like say Elvis. Listen to "If I Can Dream". As much technical skill as Adam has, there's no way I'd prefer him singing it over Elvis's version, even if Elvis is not as good a singer, technically.

Anyway, I have a 14 year-old son. We watched the Golden Globes together. I told him, there's no way Bohemian Rhapsody will win. He said, "Dad, you don't understand how popular Queen is right now." The popularity of Queen has increased dramatically because of the film. Adam is a very minimal part of it. So last night I thought maybe it would be a good idea to go see Queen in Nashville in August, take my son to see it. Unfortunately, my wife shot the idea down. I probably couldn't get tickets anyway, but for a moment, I thought about going.


Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 04:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Also, I agree, I'm glad Adam is toning it down with the high notes. Which is why I did enjoy "Believe". For me personally I didn't think the high notes were out of place, and not particularly high, like Adam has done in the past.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 05:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

Icy, you seem reasonable and open-minded when it comes to Adam. At least I feel like you want to give him a chance. I don't understand why the fangirls don't see that. Perhaps I've missed some of your posts where you berate and trash him. The criticism I've seen of yours is very reasonable, and again, I can understand your perspective. Adam is not for everyone. I like him personally and think he's a very skilled singer, but can't fault anyone who doesn't particularly like his voice. I wouldn't say it's very palatable, like say Elvis. Listen to "If I Can Dream". As much technical skill as Adam has, there's no way I'd prefer him singing it over Elvis's version, even if Elvis is not as good a singer, technically.

Anyway, I have a 14 year-old son. We watched the Golden Globes together. I told him, there's no way Bohemian Rhapsody will win. He said, "Dad, you don't understand how popular Queen is right now." The popularity of Queen has increased dramatically because of the film. Adam is a very minimal part of it. So last night I thought maybe it would be a good idea to go see Queen in Nashville in August, take my son to see it. Unfortunately, my wife shot the idea down. I probably couldn't get tickets anyway, but for a moment, I thought about going.


Maybe snifflese ( because sweetcaroline is never gonna reply to me again ) will correct me if I'm wrong, but here is why I think I get so much crap...partly anyways.
I don't defend AL. I don't like everything he does. I discuss him with people on all sides of it. Glamberts, AL fans, the ones labelled as "trolls", Queen fans, Q+AL fans. Rockchic is a better example than I am of being open minded, got to say that.
The day I call AL a tranny, a lady boy and stuff like that, yes, fire away at me and ?et me have it. I promise you this, I've never said anything like that, or have ever said I hated AL, but hey I'm hated by the main Glambert here ( not snifflese who said that ) anyways. What really appalled me is that someone sank so low as to drag my ill parents into her vendy against me, and says I'm like Trump...more recently that I'm actually Trump. Before that it was said as if I'm Hitler. Actually going to post the screenshot below.
Yes, I've said alot to and about sweetcaroline, but I've done nothing like what she has done regarding me. This screenshot is just one example. It's gone beyond bickering the last couple of months, it's gotten ugly as hell.
Sweetcaroline may come back to reply to you that I deserved what she has said here as a way to try to excuse herself.

Attachment: 2019191845082109.png 144 KB
This has been downloaded 2 time(s).


Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 05:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope you get to see Q+AL someday, Brancelli.
I was shocked in the best way possible when Rami and Bohemian Rhapsody won the Golden Globes. I never expected it at all.
Queen are more popular now than they have been for decades. Wow.

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 05:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know I've said it before, but there are certain fans of Adam (2 here on this forum) that make you want to not like him, even if you do like him. He's probably one of the best singers in terms of technical skill I've ever heard. What I like about Believe is that he uses his falsetto in some parts, but when it comes to the big high notes at the end it's a very strong, not falsetto, but mixed. The guy is extremely talented, and there's not many singers who can do what he does. He's a very "Wow" singer, with what he can do. Many times I've shrugged my shoulders due to being so impressed.

Of course, there's a guy in Kazakhstan who's like Adam on steroids. I'm sure the 2 glamberts here wouldn't agree. No way Adam could sing these songs (they are wrong though in the first one, the C2 is an A2):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEkZ1lzhBLQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN1gLc-4jm0