Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > adam lambert

forum rss feed
Author

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 158 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 05:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I hope you get to see Q+AL someday, Brancelli.
I was shocked in the best way possible when Rami and Bohemian Rhapsody won the Golden Globes. I never expected it at all.
Queen are more popular now than they have been for decades. Wow.

Thanks, and I was truly shocked as well. I haven't seen the movie, some of the people on this forum shot it down due to inaccuracies, so I've been a bit dubious about it. But, I am looking forward to seeing it at some point. I do want to see Queen in Nashville. I know Marc Martel lives in Nashville and will probably be there. I will beg. My son actually wants to go, even though he knows nothing about Adam. Anybody else here going to the Nashville show?

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 06:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli, I hope you and your son are able to see the show in Nashville. I’m going to the Columbus, Ohio Show In August. I was fortunate to see the Chicago and Detroit QAL shows in 2014 and the Cleveland show in 2017 and they were all spectacular.

Lots of things about the Elvis tribute are popping up on my Facebook tonight. Here is one of Adam at the tribute:

http://www.gettyimages.com/photos/adam-lambert-elvis-tribute?family=editorial&phrase=adam%20lambert%20elvis%20tribute&sort=newest

SweetCaroline

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 158 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 06:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Caroline. Just as Icy wishes Adam would tone it down a bit with the high notes, I am hopeful you will tone it down with the unhealthy praise of AL. I truly do want to go the show, just gotta get the boss to approve. Any advice?

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 06:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I hope you get to see Q+AL someday, Brancelli.
I was shocked in the best way possible when Rami and Bohemian Rhapsody won the Golden Globes. I never expected it at all.
Queen are more popular now than they have been for decades. Wow.

Thanks, and I was truly shocked as well. I haven't seen the movie, some of the people on this forum shot it down due to inaccuracies, so I've been a bit dubious about it. But, I am looking forward to seeing it at some point. I do want to see Queen in Nashville. I know Marc Martel lives in Nashville and will probably be there. I will beg. My son actually wants to go, even though he knows nothing about Adam. Anybody else here going to the Nashville show?

I haven't seen it either, although I had plans to see it. My dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer, and I was traveling back and forth to see him for weeks.
I will buy the DVD, I hope. The movie sure has many people discovering Queen and you bet I think that is a good thing.
Again, I hope you can go to a show, especially with your son, that will be a great memory for you both.
I keep forgetting about MM living in Nashville.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 06:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Guess Brian is still in L.A.:

“@DrBrianMay Dinner with King Adam !! Discussing Apple Pie. Did your Mum make it with cinnamon or not ?! What are the implications for the First Fathers ? And ... making some plans ! Bri”

http://www.instagram.com/p/BsYrwBrhRYZ/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=lxzqk56u1jey

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 06:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

Thanks Caroline. Just as Icy wishes Adam would tone it down a bit with the high notes, I am hopeful you will tone it down with the unhealthy praise of AL. I truly do want to go the show, just gotta get the boss to approve. Any advice?

Without knowing the reasons your wife has for not going...tell her it will be a great memory for you and your son to share, a bonding thing of sorts, even if she is unable or she doesnt want to go.
Good luck!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 07:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just realized why there is so much Elvis news. Can’t believe his “84th” birthday was on January 8th (yesterday).

Brancelli, when I say the QAL shows are spectacular, I don’t say that because of Adam. It is because of the spectacular Queen music and the amazing cast and crew, who all work together with a chemistry of joy and fun and professionalism. All six guys—Brian, Roger, Adam, Spike, Neil and Tyler excel at what they do from the exciting opening to the last bow!

I’ve posted before that my greatest regrets are that I was not able to see Freddie live and Elvis live because they were both the best!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 07:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli, tell your wife that most people come away from the Queen shows saying it was the best show they have ever seen. Whatever the cost of the tickets, you will get more than your money’s worth. I swear Brian and Roger are getting younger instead of older and seem to be thriving from all of the love they get from their audiences!

Between these shows and the biopic movie, Queen music is getting the love it deserves and reaching some new fans in the process.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 07:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Just realized why there is so much Elvis news. Can’t believe his “84th” birthday was on January 8th (yesterday).

Brancelli, when I say the QAL shows are spectacular, I don’t say that because of Adam. It is because of the spectacular Queen music and the amazing cast and crew, who all work together with a chemistry of joy and fun and professionalism. All six guys—Brian, Roger, Adam, Spike, Neil and Tyler excel at what they do from the exciting opening to the last bow!

I’ve posted before that my greatest regrets are that I was not able to see Freddie live and Elvis live because they were both the best!

Forever the wannabe promoter. And things you have said many, many times before to many, many posters.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 07:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Brancelli, tell your wife that most people come away from the Queen shows saying it was the best show they have ever seen. Whatever the cost of the tickets, you will get more than your money’s worth. I swear Brian and Roger are getting younger instead of older and seem to be thriving from all of the love they get from their audiences!

Between these shows and the biopic movie, Queen music is getting the love it deserves and reaching some new fans in the process.

And again with the promontion.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1750 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 07:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

I truly do want to go the show, just gotta get the boss to approve. Any advice?

Maybe tell her as Brian & Roger aren't getting any younger you just never know when it could be the last time they'll tour so it could potentially be the last chance you and your son ever get to see them live. Bit of emotional blackmail might do the trick - fingers crossed for you.

Inspired user not visiting Queenzone.com
Inspired
Deity: 2208 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 11:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I will have none of this nonsense of going to see a nobody and a watered down Queen band with two men that should know better.
No i will stop at home and look at my Dvds of when Queen was a brilliant Real band with Freddie & the underrated loyal John Deacon.
Some people like flushing there money down the toilets.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 14:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, you asked why some people on here have the perception of you being so negative. I was just reading the posts since last night and there you go again telling Caroline about her "promotion", not once, but twice. This is a fan board and she is talking about the entire band, not just Adam. If someone came on and stated it is Adam who is the star, that would be one thing, but no one says that. The QAL show works so well for a myriad of reasons. It is first and foremost Queen's music. That is the crux of the matter. Then it is Brian and Roger, consummate musicians and singers, who make that work. Then there is Adam who is a wonderful singer and brings flair to the show. You have the backing musicians who both play and add great harmonies to the songs. You have one of the most spectacular light shows around, state of the art technology. That is not my opinion as there are numerous articles about that aspect of the show.. Your pulse pounds and your eyes have a hard time taking it all in when you see a show. Then there are the costumes which often match one another, particularly Brian and Adam. There is the camaraderie between the guys. Anyone at the show sees how much Brian and Roger and Adam really like each other. It just makes you feel good to see. Finally, there is the electric feel in the audience. It is something you don't get unless you sit in that audience, which most of you don't like to hear. Those of you who dislike QAL have for the most part never seen a show and that makes a huge difference. There have been far too many people who post about the show and say that they changed their minds after attending a concert. Not seeing the show live does make a difference as to your perception of a QAL performance. You can surely have your opinion, but throwing promotion and often" bigging" up at people just isn't fair. I have seen the QAL show in 2014 and 2017 and am going to the show in August. I have seen many, many rock groups such as Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Seven Dust, Judas Priest and others and this is my favorite of them all. I am not promoting just stating my opinion. I don't care who sees the show. You can buy a ticket (hardly any left at this point!) or not. Not everybody likes the same thing fortunately.

Yes, Brancelli, I have listened to many of the you tubes from Dimash. He has an amazing voice and the range is probably unparalleled. For me, however, he is even less disciplined than Adam about throwing in high notes and doing it because he can. Often for me those really high parts just don't work in the song. I thought TSMGO was less than stellar. I don't find his tone appealing and his high notes are like glass, cutting through a stone. There is not much resonance and warmth in his voice. I just don't get goose bumps when I listen to it. As you always say about Adam, Dimash is a great technical singer, but I find his voice to be unpalatable and it just doesn't resonate with me, particularly singing Queen's music (granted it is a very small sample) He is much more classical and doesn't have any rock edge. He reminds me of many of the classical singers who sound odd when they sing pop or any kind of music that isn't opera or classical. I do think he and his voice are amazing, but I don't care to listen to him for pleasure, perhaps I would enjoy opera from him, but not singing any kind of popular music at this point. I imagine that he will tone things down as he gets older, just like Adam has.

Inspired user not visiting Queenzone.com
Inspired
Deity: 2208 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 17:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam singing Queen is odd, to the extent of painful and sickening.
He belongs in musicals not a hard edge cutting rock band like Queen.
Still people like anything weird these days and i do not have to see this car crash to know i do not like it.
Actually Brian & Roger are more close to "Smile" than been "Queen" as both of them started out together and have ended up together.

PrimeJiveUSA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 486 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 18:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@Brancelli

I'm going to the Nashville show! I was at the 2017 one as well!

You better hurry...it's selling out fast!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 18:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sparkle, to each his own. There have been many skeptics who came to a QAL show with preconceived ideas but say they were blown away. It is anything but a car crash. I might not accept it if I had been able to see the original band, but I am happy seeing the next best thing.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 18:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Icy, you asked why some people on here have the perception of you being so negative. I was just reading the posts since last night and there you go again telling Caroline about her "promotion", not once, but twice. This is a fan board and she is talking about the entire band, not just Adam. If someone came on and stated it is Adam who is the star, that would be one thing, but no one says that. The QAL show works so well for a myriad of reasons. It is first and foremost Queen's music. That is the crux of the matter. Then it is Brian and Roger, consummate musicians and singers, who make that work. Then there is Adam who is a wonderful singer and brings flair to the show. You have the backing musicians who both play and add great harmonies to the songs. You have one of the most spectacular light shows around, state of the art technology. That is not my opinion as there are numerous articles about that aspect of the show.. Your pulse pounds and your eyes have a hard time taking it all in when you see a show. Then there are the costumes which often match one another, particularly Brian and Adam. There is the camaraderie between the guys. Anyone at the show sees how much Brian and Roger and Adam really like each other. It just makes you feel good to see. Finally, there is the electric feel in the audience. It is something you don't get unless you sit in that audience, which most of you don't like to hear. Those of you who dislike QAL have for the most part never seen a show and that makes a huge difference. There have been far too many people who post about the show and say that they changed their minds after attending a concert. Not seeing the show live does make a difference as to your perception of a QAL performance. You can surely have your opinion, but throwing promotion and often" bigging" up at people just isn't fair. I have seen the QAL show in 2014 and 2017 and am going to the show in August. I have seen many, many rock groups such as Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Seven Dust, Judas Priest and others and this is my favorite of them all. I am not promoting just stating my opinion. I don't care who sees the show. You can buy a ticket (hardly any left at this point!) or not. Not everybody likes the same thing fortunately.

Yes, Brancelli, I have listened to many of the you tubes from Dimash. He has an amazing voice and the range is probably unparalleled. For me, however, he is even less disciplined than Adam about throwing in high notes and doing it because he can. Often for me those really high parts just don't work in the song. I thought TSMGO was less than stellar. I don't find his tone appealing and his high notes are like glass, cutting through a stone. There is not much resonance and warmth in his voice. I just don't get goose bumps when I listen to it. As you always say about Adam, Dimash is a great technical singer, but I find his voice to be unpalatable and it just doesn't resonate with me, particularly singing Queen's music (granted it is a very small sample) He is much more classical and doesn't have any rock edge. He reminds me of many of the classical singers who sound odd when they sing pop or any kind of music that isn't opera or classical. I do think he and his voice are amazing, but I don't care to listen to him for pleasure, perhaps I would enjoy opera from him, but not singing any kind of popular music at this point. I imagine that he will tone things down as he gets older, just like Adam has.

Obviously, sweetcaroline wants tickets to be sold. What she says much of the time comes across as promoting, biggging up, and especially AL. She even forgets to mention Brian and Roger sometimes. If that's me being negative in your eyes, and you have no probs with anything she does, well that says everything.
I mentioned in a reply to Brancelli if he and his son was able to go to a show, it could be a great memory, a bonding type thing for them. But hey, I guess that's negative too.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 19:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How does Caroline or anyone else complimenting a show mean that they want tickets to be sold? Honestly, Icy, I don't get where you are coming from. As a Queen fan, I would think you would be happy that Brian and Roger are performing and that fans are enjoying their music. Complimenting QAL or Adam isn't bigging up or promoting. I am sure Caroline thinks others in here might enjoy the show. It is no skin off her nose if they don't go. Sometimes you infer much more than the poster ever really meant by their post. Why even have a forum if you can't say anything complimentary or good about something? That certainly doesn't mean a person is actively recruiting people or being paid by Adam to get people to do things, which you have also said. That is just plain silly. Sometimes a compliment is just a compliment. There is not usually some hidden agenda which you always seem to think there is. I love QAL and I think it is a wonderful way to spend an evening as the show is a magical spectacle of fun and wonderful music. That is how I describe it, but I don't care who else goes. I am going and that is all I am concerned with. I am not invested in who else goes. I just think a lot of the remarks here are very offensive and unwarranted, but to each his own. You either like something or you don't, end of story, but sometimes you don't know ahead of time, unless you experience it.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 20:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Awesome post, snifflese! Yes, it is utterly ridiculous that I am trying to sell tickets. The only tickets I am concerned about are my own. Like you, I have just wanted to share my joy and exuberance for their magical shows.