Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > adam lambert

forum rss feed
Author

anadamfan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 80 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 12:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr right wrote:

Iron Butterfly Those pics of AL in drag where really scary, and he certainly has an identity crisis going on there!

That was at a drag party in Hollywood. No drag - no entrance. All for fun!

Inspired user not visiting Queenzone.com
Inspired
Deity: 2205 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 12:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

God help us all when he is fronting the worlds biggest rock band and he goes around looking weird !

Inspired

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 12:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockchic Sorry but your talking rubbish, Lambert could have sang anything from a musical it did not have to be Queen music.
As for them been different ages again age has nothing to do with recording music, they all tour and make music, so the truth is May is shit scared of flopping recording with Lambert.

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 12:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr right wrote:

Rockchic Sorry but your talking rubbish, Lambert could have sang anything from a musical it did not have to be Queen music.

I would bet, Adam was invited to the show as Queen‘s singer and therefore had to sing a song from the musical WWRY. The show invited him and that usually includes traveling costs ect. They would not get Adam all the way from LA to let him sing Phantom of the Opera for instance. lnstead they would have invited a singer from the UK.

rockchic65 user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1745 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 13:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr right wrote:

As for them been different ages again age has nothing to do with recording music, they all tour and make music, so the truth is May is shit scared of flopping recording with Lambert.

You said his own music is crap and that's why he sang Queen, I pointed out he had to sing someone else's music since he doesn't have any that's been in a musical. Yes he could have sung something from any musical but since he's fronting Queen + and the movie was just out and they were about to announce a tour it was logical to do that one for promotion.

No idea when they would find time to record even if they all wanted to, Adam's been busy doing his own album plus various projects, Brian is tied up between touring with all his Astronomy and animal charity projects, there's really only Roger who probably has the free time.

If you actually are interested in knowing the likely reason they don't record together there's a couple of articles where they talk about it. If you scroll down to just below the picture of Adam and Brian in the first one there's a couple of interesting paragraphs about it.

http://www.loudersound.com/features/queen-adam-lambert-by-royal-appointment

http://www.nme.com/news/music/queen-18-1215905

Inspired

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 19:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well i am saddened if Brian May actually believes Adam is the only one who can fill Freddie's shoes, and quite frankly it very disrespectful
to say that because Freddie was unique and tour de force on stage and Lambert is not a rock & roll star.
There is times when May just talks utter bull shit to promote Adam and make him look good.
Taylor is no better.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 19:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

anadamfan wrote:

Haha!
A bunch of people, who know next to nothing about Adam, found some pictures. Did it scare you?

Should I put pictures of Queen in drag beside these? I bet, you know these, do’s no need, I guess. These pictures of Adam are to be taken as seriously as the ones of Queen. It was for fun.

As explanation for those, who are interested in the background and aren’t here to make fun of Adam:
The pictures were taken at a party, where every guest appeared in drag. That was more than 10 years ago, before Adam became famous. He went there with his boyfriend, who talked him into it. Both were there in drag.
Adam said, he did drag about 2-3 times in his life, but isn’t into it and hadn’t done it for years.

Unfortunately for some of you, ;)
the probability of seeing Adam in drag again is close to zero.

A bunch of people? I googled AL in drag and that was what came up. Pretty easy to find, took less than a minute to do so.
I know the history behind the picture, it's been discussing on QOL a few times before. I'm not holding it against him for dressing in drag. My point was that he actually dressed in drag.
Sure, post pics side by side of Queen members in drag and AL in drag. I think Queen had more fun with it, and they didn't take themselves too seriously with it.
Oddly enough, the repeat of RuPaul's Drag Race with AL as a guest judge is airing right now.

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 19:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr right wrote:

Well i am saddened if Brian May actually believes Adam is the only one who can fill Freddie's shoes, and quite frankly it very disrespectful
to say that because Freddie was unique and tour de force on stage and Lambert is not a rock & roll star.
There is times when May just talks utter bull shit to promote Adam and make him look good.
Taylor is no better.

Why do you assume that because he says Adam's the only one who can fill Freddie's shoes that he's implying he's as good or better than Freddie? He's simply saying that they found someone who can do what they need. To pull off a Queen + show you need someone who can not only sing but has all the other attributes as well. I daresay he could find one without the other but in his and Roger's opinion Adam has both.

If you've read the article properly you would see they more or less say that Freddie was the creative force behind the music and the push and pull creatively is what made their music great and that without him they don't feel it would be the same or work that well. They aren't putting down or lessening Freddie's talents by what they say about Adam, they're very different and you can't compare the two. I don't believe they do compare them really, IMO they are just happy to have found someone who enables them to tour at the level they are, who they get on with and the audience for the most part have taken to.

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 19:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

Haha!
A bunch of people, who know next to nothing about Adam, found some pictures. Did it scare you?

Should I put pictures of Queen in drag beside these? I bet, you know these, do’s no need, I guess. These pictures of Adam are to be taken as seriously as the ones of Queen. It was for fun.

As explanation for those, who are interested in the background and aren’t here to make fun of Adam:
The pictures were taken at a party, where every guest appeared in drag. That was more than 10 years ago, before Adam became famous. He went there with his boyfriend, who talked him into it. Both were there in drag.
Adam said, he did drag about 2-3 times in his life, but isn’t into it and hadn’t done it for years.

A bunch of people? I googled AL in drag and that was what came up. Pretty easy to find, took less than a minute to do so.
I know the history behind the picture, it's been discussing on QOL a few times before. I'm not holding it against him for dressing in drag. My point was that he actually dressed in drag.
Sure, post pics side by side of Queen members in drag and AL in drag. I think Queen had more fun with it, and they didn't take themselves too seriously with it.
Oddly enough, the repeat of RuPaul's Drag Race with AL as a guest judge is airing right now.

My post wasn’t against your post. It was meant as an answer to the discussion, that it provoked. Which actually led to Mr. Right‘s assumption of an identity crises.

Since you just threw it in, I thought it important to tell people, who read here, what the picture was about. Sweet Caroline had tried to explain it, but you and some other posters don’t seem to take her comments seriously. And Mr.Right and Runner70 will be the ones, who will go around spreading the lie, that Adam Lambert does drag regularly and has an identity crises. Which is as far from the truth as it gets.

Adam has been more than ones a judge or guest on RuPaul‘s Drag Race. He also has Drag Queens as friends. That doesn’t mean, he’s into it himself.

Yes, Queen might have had more fun with their costumes. It was really just a costume for them and Adam had been dragged to that party by his boyfriend. ;)

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 19:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 20:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

anadamfan wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

Haha!

My post wasn’t against your post. It was meant as an answer to the discussion, that it provoked. Which actually led to Mr. Right‘s assumption of an identity crises.

Since you just threw it in, I thought it important to tell people, who read here, what the picture was about. Sweet Caroline had tried to explain it, but you and some other posters don’t seem to take her comments seriously. And Mr.Right and Runner70 will be the ones, who will go around spreading the lie, that Adam Lambert does drag regularly and has an identity crises. Which is as far from the truth as it gets.

Adam has been more than ones a judge or guest on RuPaul‘s Drag Race. He also has Drag Queens as friends. That doesn’t mean, he’s into it himself.

Yes, Queen might have had more fun with their costumes. It was really just a costume for them and Adam had been dragged to that party by his boyfriend. ;)

I don't know much or even want to know about AL's private life. But please know, I don't hold it against him for dressing in drag or having friends who do it. I'm not that much of a hypocrite ;-).
I don't watch the show often, I'm not watching it now, because I'm catching up on another show I've missed out on for a few weeks.
But how many times has AL appeared on Drag Race? Today the repeat is with Emma Bunton also a guest judge.

Posted: 09 Dec 18, 20:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

anadamfan wrote:

Haha!

I don't know much or even want to know about AL's private life. But please know, I don't hold it against him for dressing in drag or having friends who do it. I'm not that much of a hypocrite ;-).
I don't watch the show often, I'm not watching it now, because I'm catching up on another show I've missed out on for a few weeks.
But how many times has AL appeared on Drag Race? Today the repeat is with Emma Bunton also a guest judge.

I don’t remember exactly, how often he really appeared. I think once last year, once 2014 and 2012? I‘m not sure, since I can’t watch it in my country and I’m not really interested in that. Adam’s close friend Sutan won the first season (Raja). He supported him and thus got a connection to the show and RuPaul.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1659 posts

Posted: 10 Dec 18, 05:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Was he blowing Asian ladyboys in drag too?

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 10 Dec 18, 05:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Going by that, not his best versions.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1659 posts

Posted: 10 Dec 18, 05:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

"Lamebert" and "best " in one sentence should be strictly avoided....

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 10 Dec 18, 05:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

"Lamebert" and "best " in one sentence should be strictly avoided....

No worries. I don't say it often ;-).

Posted: 10 Dec 18, 06:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The sound quality on those clips is god awful, impossible to tell anything from them.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 10 Dec 18, 06:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

The sound quality on those clips is god awful, impossible to tell anything from them.

Pretty awful, I don't know why sweetcaroline even bothered to post them. It's hardly a good example of what he is capable of.
Those clips prove nothing to me, only how bad it is. I don't think we will get more clips from the event.

Posted: 10 Dec 18, 06:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Pretty awful, I don't know why sweetcaroline even bothered to post them. It's hardly a good example of what he is capable of.
Those clips prove nothing to me, only how bad it is. I don't think we will get more clips from the event.

Yeah I doubt we will they are clearly just tiny instagram clips that a few people filmed, no one was filming like they do at the proper shows it seems and I wouldn't really expect them to at a private party.