forum rss feed
Author

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3854 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 20:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

How does Caroline or anyone else complimenting a show mean that they want tickets to be sold? Honestly, Icy, I don't get where you are coming from. As a Queen fan, I would think you would be happy that Brian and Roger are performing and that fans are enjoying their music. Complimenting QAL or Adam isn't bigging up or promoting. I am sure Caroline thinks others in here might enjoy the show. It is no skin off her nose if they don't go. Sometimes you infer much more than the poster ever really meant by their post. Why even have a forum if you can't say anything complimentary or good about something? That certainly doesn't mean a person is actively recruiting people or being paid by Adam to get people to do things, which you have also said. That is just plain silly. Sometimes a compliment is just a compliment. There is not usually some hidden agenda which you always seem to think there is. I love QAL and I think it is a wonderful way to spend an evening as the show is a magical spectacle of fun and wonderful music. That is how I describe it, but I don't care who else goes. I am going and that is all I am concerned with. I am not invested in who else goes. I just think a lot of the remarks here are very offensive and unwarranted, but to each his own. You either like something or you don't, end of story, but sometimes you don't know ahead of time, unless you experience it.

Thing is, sweetcaroline has become upset, even angry when people have said they couldn't or wouldn't go to a Q+AL show. Crap about being real Queen fans, saying about me going to a show then coming back to post. Obviously she wants people to go very, very much. She must want a cut of the profits, or something I figure.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 20:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

GO TO A SHOW OR STFU, ALL OF YOU !!!!!

Here you go.Page 19 of this very thread.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 20:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Awesome post, snifflese! Yes, it is utterly ridiculous that I am trying to sell tickets. The only tickets I am concerned about are my own. Like you, I have just wanted to share my joy and exuberance for their magical shows.

Sure LMAO. You had so much joy and exuberance when you made the above post of yours I just quoted.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1106 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 20:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How in the world would a normal fan ever get a cut of the profits? I don't think that is at all likely. Most of us who have seen the show would like to let people know it is a great evening out, that is it. If it is not for you, then it is not for you. That is cool, too. But I don't think anyone is getting any profits on the tickets as they pretty much have sold themselves. I know the Boston show has next to nothing left other than a few VIP seats. I believe Xfinity center has 19-20,000 seats. I checked the other day and was very surprised and glad that I got mine in presale.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 20:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

How in the world would a normal fan ever get a cut of the profits? I don't think that is at all likely. Most of us who have seen the show would like to let people know it is a great evening out, that is it. If it is not for you, then it is not for you. That is cool, too. But I don't think anyone is getting any profits on the tickets as they pretty much have sold themselves. I know the Boston show has next to nothing left other than a few VIP seats. I believe Xfinity center has 19-20,000 seats. I checked the other day and was very surprised and glad that I got mine in presale.

In a way, I'm kind of joking about sweet getting a cut of the profits. I do think it's obviously very important for/to her that people go...and then, and maybe if everything is all glowing, especially about AL.
No doubt in my mind that it's very important for her that people go, unless they go, she becomes angry. See page 19, or even the post I quoted above. I will say it now, no 'normal' fan would be that angry/upset.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4171 posts

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 21:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh God, insanity prevails in icy land! How sad!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 09 Jan 19, 21:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Oh God, insanity prevails in icy land! How sad!

Oh honey, you are soundnig more unhinged with every post you make these days How very unsettling you behave actually. Since you are here, maybe you can tell the people why it's so important for you that people go see Q+AL? Because according to you, people who don't go to Q+AL shows 'are not real Queen fans'. How many times have you said that in the past few years? You lost your fucking shit about me once too many times recently for no good reason.
You are emotionally invested in AL. I don't think you can stop but to do nothing to promote him, big him up, defend him . I don't think you can help yourself at this point.
But do your usual, deflect on me again. ;-)
How very obvious you are, and you are the only one oblivious to it.

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 05:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think she gets upset because everyone on here heaps crap on her and at some point it gets really annoying and people just get fed up with it. She has more crap thrown at her than anyone else and it isn't necessarily warranted. It doesn't really seem to matter what she says. At some point she can't win for losing and it gets upsetting. She is a big fan and should be allowed to express her views and post and link whatever she wants as this place is not moderated. Even if it were, I never see anything wrong with her links. She always has the info up. Negative views here sure aren't called out like the positive ones. That can be more than annoying to a person. It doesn't matter what she says people are on her like flies on crap and it isn't fair.

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 05:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks everyone, for the advice! Great suggestions. With any luck, my son and I will be in Nashville in August. Hope to meet a few of you who have the chance to be there as well.

Glad you see my point snifflese. By you not enjoying Dimash's voice despite his skill, I hope you can now understand why Adam is not to everyone's taste, and trying to convince someone else to enjoy it is futile.

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 05:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, I totally understand that, but many of the remarks have nothing to do with his voice and are really quite vile. That is the problem, but I agree it is useless. One likes what they like and they will hate what they hate. I will be curious to hear what you say after the show as it doesn't sound as if you are all that sold on Adam's voice, but of course, there are many other dimensions to the show that are very enjoyable. Just the total spectacle of it and the musicianship is amazing. They are supposed to have some state of the art light and sound system, so I am quite intrigued with that. I though Frank was amazing, so we will see if that can be topped! Each of the last two tours has gotten better and I imagine this one will be the best! I am really looking forward to it!!

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 06:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like Adam’s voice, and I think he is a great singer, but yes, I am not sold on him singing for queen. That’s all. Don’t think his voice suits it. Not trying to be negative cause I do like the guy.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 06:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli, can’t remember if you said you have been to any QAL shows previously or QPR or even the ones with Freddie and John.

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2439 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 08:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All theses Adam Lambert fans are concerned about at a show is Adam Lambert they think he/she is the show.
No mention of the great guitar skills of Brian or the excellent drumming from Roger it is all Adam and they all think Adam makes the show fantastic when it is everything around Adam that makes a Queen amazing, the lights the people actually playing the instruments. If Adam was not there it would still be a mind blowing show because they are QUEEN.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 08:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I think she gets upset because everyone on here heaps crap on her and at some point it gets really annoying and people just get fed up with it. She has more crap thrown at her than anyone else and it isn't necessarily warranted. It doesn't really seem to matter what she says. At some point she can't win for losing and it gets upsetting. She is a big fan and should be allowed to express her views and post and link whatever she wants as this place is not moderated. Even if it were, I never see anything wrong with her links. She always has the info up. Negative views here sure aren't called out like the positive ones. That can be more than annoying to a person. It doesn't matter what she says people are on her like flies on crap and it isn't fair.

You aren't even admitting that she throws crap as well. She doesn't even admit to it, her own words she thinks she can do no wrong. Sorry, but when she dragged my ill parents into her mess, when she said as if I was Trump and Hitler...what the actual hell was she thinking about when she posted that. Some things are just not on. I'm sure if I said that about/to sweetcaroline, you would bitch me out for it, and yes I'd deserve it if I did it. You have no problem with what she says about me for at least a couple of reasons
1 You are too busy defending her, no matter what she says
2 You think I deserve what I get.
3 You obviously see things from her side only.

Thing is, if she becomes that upset to lash out the way she has in recent weeks, I say it again, QZ isn't the place for her. I've never seen a person on the internet be so emotionally invested in a public figure the way she is about AL. She has said before when he isn't nominated for awards that is upsetting for her and causes her to be angry. She has said she thinks AL as a second son. She has posted AL's family pics on Queen boards more than once. All that by itself is alarming at the lack of boundries she had regarding AL.
Just because this place is unmoderated doesn't mean she can do whatever she wants. This board isn't a free for all, and it's not an AL board in the first place. Some people want a love fest with only praise, but truth be told no Queen boards are full of praise, not even for Freddie, Brian, Roger and John. So how does a Glambert expect praise on Queen boards for everything AL does, I'll never know.
Yes, negative views are sure called out here. You and sweetcaroline have often said I'm negative, and you both call me out for for it ;-).

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 08:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

Thanks everyone, for the advice! Great suggestions. With any luck, my son and I will be in Nashville in August. Hope to meet a few of you who have the chance to be there as well.

Glad you see my point snifflese. By you not enjoying Dimash's voice despite his skill, I hope you can now understand why Adam is not to everyone's taste, and trying to convince someone else to enjoy it is futile.

Let us know if you and your son get to go, I'd love to read your thoughts. Again, good luck.

Miracle.

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 10:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

These Adam fans force everyone to like him even though he has not got any number one album or single in the UK.
Lambert is plastic and fake and without Queen keeping his chin above water he would surely sink !

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1950 posts

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 11:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Twinkle wrote:

These Adam fans force everyone to like him even though he has not got any number one album or single in the UK.
Lambert is plastic and fake and without Queen keeping his chin above water he would surely sink !

Twinkle (Sparkle)
Doesn't matter whether anyone likes him or not there's just no need to keep putting him down constantly. Really don't get why anyone who isn't interested in Adam or Queen + AL would spend time in this section of the forum, it would be like me joining a Journey forum then spending all my time whinging about Arnel instead of talking about Steve and the band. Except they wouldn't have a separate section I'm guessing since they just kept the original name. It's easy to keep things separate on here or should be. And Adam will be fine after QAL and would likely have been without it but we'll never know that now.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 14:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It’s not true that Adam fans don’t love. and speak highly about the whole QAL band. Whenever I have spoken about this collaboration, I have said the show is magical and spectacular because of everyone, cast and crew alike. The chemistry and joy is exciting and penetrating. Just something about the powerful Queen music that envelops and takes you to another level.

Miracle.

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 15:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SWEETCARLOINE So basically what you are saying is it is the Queen music that makes the show extra special?
So if the show was just based on Adams music it would be boring then?

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 15:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, Caroline only responds that way after you guys get on her about a link or a promotion or some other thing. You all just heap on her! Honestly, you are the most egregious about that, as she can't say a thing without a comment from you and it is normally not flattering. She doesn't just go after you. I think you might see that if you were being honest.

That is totally not true about all Adam's fans just mentioning Adam. I have often talked about Brian and how much I love him and his guitar playing and how that the solo (which even many Queen fans pooh pooh) is awesome. I have talked about how I can't believe two old dudes are still up for it and can do something like that at their age. So, that is absolutely not true. I have pointed out it takes Brian, Roger and Adam and the backing guys to bring the magic every night. There would be no Queen w/o Brian and Roger. AND I have OFTEN pointed out how surprised I am that Queen fans speak so disparagingly of Brian and Roger. I think Queen fans here do that and not the Adam fans. How many of you mention sell outs, and money grubbers and other such lovely terms? Don't blame that on Adam's fans here. Most of us absolutely love Brian and Roger and greatly appreciate their skills.