Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > adam lambert

forum rss feed
Author

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2439 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 15:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not read anything about you and other Queen members ever, you Adam fans are all a bunch of twisted liars.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 15:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You obviously can't read then. I just mentioned to Brancelli about even if he wasn't wild about Adam's voice, the musicianship was amazing and that would certainly be due to Brian and Roger if you read between the lines. I also mentioned somewhere else that it is all about the music and who wrote that? Certainly not Adam. I think you might be the twisted liar or your reading skills are deficient or maybe both! No Adam fan here ever forgets about Brian and Roger and that they are driving force behind QAL. They are nothing but amazing and Brian was and has always been my favorite Queen member. I discovered later on in life that all my fav songs had been written by him. I never knew that until I came to the Queen boards and started checking things like that out. I also loved Roger when I was younger as he was just so cute (I know that is stupid, but younger girls are like that!!).
Most Adam fans are nothing but happy that Roger and Brian have given Adam this opportunity to sing their great music. A lot of us prefer Adam singing Queen to his own music, so your statement is just unfounded. I have never read an Adam fan that said anything vaguely negative about Brian and Roger, but I sure have read things from Queen members on the Queen boards that have been anything but nice.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1950 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 15:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Twinkle wrote:

SWEETCARLOINE So basically what you are saying is it is the Queen music that makes the show extra special?
So if the show was just based on Adams music it would be boring then?


Queen fans likely wouldn't be interested in Adam's music so to them yeah it probably would be boring and the show wouldn't be based on that since it's Queen + Adam.

In reply to your latest comment you'd be surprised if you went to the Adam fan site, they print tons of Brian's instagram posts even when they aren't relating to QAL like his latest New Horizons Ultima Thule mix, stuff about the movie etc, loads of them have seen the movie several times, they print Roger posts although he does them fairly infrequently and they like Brian's guitar solo and Roger's drum battle with Tyler so it's not all about Adam. Luckily it's heavily moderated so when you get the occasional fan saying "didn't realize this was a Queen forum" they quickly get told "scroll is your friend". Lots of Adam's fans have become Queen fans from seeing the show, more than you might imagine.



SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 15:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, I think Adam fans have become more loyal Queen fans than the original Queen fans because they cannot accept Queen music w/o Freddie and John.



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 19:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Yes, I think Adam fans have become more loyal Queen fans than the original Queen fans because they cannot accept Queen music w/o Freddie and John.



I don't think so. Many Glamberts, including yourself only like Q+AL because AL is the one singing the songs.
Loyalty doesn't mean blind devotion with no thought of one's own. You can't even give much thought about the biopic. You barely discuss Queen with Freddie, even though you've been a member here for four years, and QOL for about six years.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 19:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Icy, Caroline only responds that way after you guys get on her about a link or a promotion or some other thing. You all just heap on her! Honestly, you are the most egregious about that, as she can't say a thing without a comment from you and it is normally not flattering. She doesn't just go after you. I think you might see that if you were being honest.

That is totally not true about all Adam's fans just mentioning Adam. I have often talked about Brian and how much I love him and his guitar playing and how that the solo (which even many Queen fans pooh pooh) is awesome. I have talked about how I can't believe two old dudes are still up for it and can do something like that at their age. So, that is absolutely not true. I have pointed out it takes Brian, Roger and Adam and the backing guys to bring the magic every night. There would be no Queen w/o Brian and Roger. AND I have OFTEN pointed out how surprised I am that Queen fans speak so disparagingly of Brian and Roger. I think Queen fans here do that and not the Adam fans. How many of you mention sell outs, and money grubbers and other such lovely terms? Don't blame that on Adam's fans here. Most of us absolutely love Brian and Roger and greatly appreciate their skills.




Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 19:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Icy, Caroline only responds that way after you guys get on her about a link or a promotion or some other thing. You all just heap on her! Honestly, you are the most egregious about that, as she can't say a thing without a comment from you and it is normally not flattering. She doesn't just go after you. I think you might see that if you were being honest.

That is totally not true about all Adam's fans just mentioning Adam. I have often talked about Brian and how much I love him and his guitar playing and how that the solo (which even many Queen fans pooh pooh) is awesome. I have talked about how I can't believe two old dudes are still up for it and can do something like that at their age. So, that is absolutely not true. I have pointed out it takes Brian, Roger and Adam and the backing guys to bring the magic every night. There would be no Queen w/o Brian and Roger. AND I have OFTEN pointed out how surprised I am that Queen fans speak so disparagingly of Brian and Roger. I think Queen fans here do that and not the Adam fans. How many of you mention sell outs, and money grubbers and other such lovely terms? Don't blame that on Adam's fans here. Most of us absolutely love Brian and Roger and greatly appreciate their skills.




Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 22:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@ snifflese...
I don't know if you realise this or not, but sweetcaroline's behavior is very unsettling at times, and more and more these days. All of her outbursts are still in this sub forum, going back to 2014. She thinks I'm Trump, she posted as if I was Hitler. The worst thing she has done was to drag my ill parents into her tirades. That is low as anyone can go. Obviously, you have no issue with any of that, and you excuse her behavior because she is 'upset'. I'm damn sure if I said anything like that to her or about her, you and many others here would be outraged, and rightly so. But since she said it about me, it's fine, no biggie to you. You excuse her behavior, and you defend it, no matter what she does regarding me. And you give me crap if I stand up for myself. Some things sweetcaroline has done are hardly even rational, and it's happening more and more. There is no reason to be so defensive about a guy she doesn't even know, and he doesn't know sweetcaroline, but there is that emotion investment she has placed in him. I used to think it was a crush sort of thing. I sure had my fair share of crushes on celebrities, but I grew out of that. What sweetcaroline does however is beyond a crush. She might never admit it, and you might never admit it, but it's unsettling the way she behaves, especially towards me. She said in one of her posts she pretty much much hates me. And that explains so very much.


There are very few AL and Glamberts who I've come across on Queen boards who are actually Queen fans as well. Might have been a handful. The rest were/are there because AL is the one singing the Queen songs. I don't expect, or even want/need blind devotion about Freddie or Queen, but it's a fact some AL and Glamberts don't bother to discuss or even learn about Freddie and Queen. Many AL/Glamberts feel that Queen fans on Queen boards should instantly and no matter what, accept AL singing Queen no questions asked. I think that's bullcrap. Why is it that so many AL and Glamberts expect blind devotion for AL on Queen boards? If Queen fas are not always postive, they are called negative, haters and worse. I've seen it countless times.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 22:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I totally disagree about everything related to Caroline. What do you want when you attack her no matter what she says? You throw in the ban and the spamming and what she said 3 years ago and stuff about pictures she posts of Adam's family. The list of the transgressions is too long to write here, but you go over them again and again each and every time. I am surprised she hasn't said anymore. Your picture of events is not what I have seen over the years. Sorry, I find your tirades much more unsettling. You go after people like a rat terrier and just don't let go. And you wonder why Caroline might really dislike or hate you? I don't wonder about it at all. I am sure others feel that way, but they won't rock the boat with you. If you are trying to be honest, so am I. I don't want to hurt your feelings, but that is what I see here.

You are also wrong about Adam fans not being Queen fans. That is so much nonsense. I keep telling you that I was a fan of Queen long before you ever thought of them and you totally disregard that. One can be a fan without living, breathing and knowing any trivia out there regarding Freddie. I can just enjoy the music without knowing any of that. Learning the history does not help me enjoy Queen music. If you want to do that, no problem, but I can be a big fan w/o all of that. Glamberts don't think the Queen boards have to accept Adam, but I take issue with the very vile things that are posted here. If this were moderated, none of it would ever be allowed. Even Roger and Brian come in for their share of crap and I wouldn't expect THAT on a Queen board. Most of what I have posted about is you crapping all over Caroline, and others doing the same to her and to Adam. Nowhere do I say anyone has to like or enjoy him. I have pointed out Adam's voice is very different in concert and being there enhances everything but everyone has different tastes, but why those people post here, when they hate QAL and particularly Adam, as much as they do, is a mystery to me. There would be better ways to spend your time than ruining each and every discussion. If Glamberts have to mind their manners, so should Queen fans.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 23:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I totally disagree about everything related to Caroline. What do you want when you attack her no matter what she says? You throw in the ban and the spamming and what she said 3 years ago and stuff about pictures she posts of Adam's family. The list of the transgressions is too long to write here, but you go over them again and again each and every time. I am surprised she hasn't said anymore. Your picture of events is not what I have seen over the years. Sorry, I find your tirades much more unsettling. You go after people like a rat terrier and just don't let go. And you wonder why Caroline might really dislike or hate you? I don't wonder about it at all. I am sure others feel that way, but they won't rock the boat with you. If you are trying to be honest, so am I. I don't want to hurt your feelings, but that is what I see here.

You are also wrong about Adam fans not being Queen fans. That is so much nonsense. I keep telling you that I was a fan of Queen long before you ever thought of them and you totally disregard that. One can be a fan without living, breathing and knowing any trivia out there regarding Freddie. I can just enjoy the music without knowing any of that. Learning the history does not help me enjoy Queen music. If you want to do that, no problem, but I can be a big fan w/o all of that. Glamberts don't think the Queen boards have to accept Adam, but I take issue with the very vile things that are posted here. If this were moderated, none of it would ever be allowed. Even Roger and Brian come in for their share of crap and I wouldn't expect THAT on a Queen board. Most of what I have posted about is you crapping all over Caroline, and others doing the same to her and to Adam. Nowhere do I say anyone has to like or enjoy him. I have pointed out Adam's voice is very different in concert and being there enhances everything but everyone has different tastes, but why those people post here, when they hate QAL and particularly Adam, as much as they do, is a mystery to me. There would be better ways to spend your time than ruining each and every discussion. If Glamberts have to mind their manners, so should Queen fans.


Of course you disagree what I say about sweetcaroline, you are obviously on her side. That's one thing, but you don't realise what she does wrong, in fact you excuse it. You are surprised she hasn't said more, as if what she says and does hasnt been enough, beyond enough. Goodness me.
I don't how many others feel about me, other than yourself and sweetcaroline. You are sure others feel that way sweetcaroline does? Hmmm.
QZ isn't an AL only board although you and sweetcaroline think of it that way for sure. I know she thinks and stated Q+AL shows are AL's time to shine. So yes, there are people past and present who thinks AL is the be all and end all for Brian, Roger and even Queen. Not the case at all. There's been two recent solo songs from Brian and Roger whch I think it's pretty damn good, there is the success of Bohemian Rhapsody, which has made many people into Queen fans. Which I think is absolutely fabulous. AL has nothing to do with that, and nor should he frankly. Queen's music is hugely popular, the most it's been in years and it's still not worth a discussion by you and sweetcaroline. It's not that hard to guess why you both are here, it's for AL only.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Jan 19, 23:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks again, snifflese! You are so rational. I never said anything nasty about IB’s parents. I’ve been empathetic about her Dad’s recent illness. I lost my Dad to cancer in the ‘90’s and my Mom in 2009 as well as my husband of 3 years to a sudden, massive heart attack in 1973. What I said to her is that I think her folks are probably healthier than she is (meaning mentally). And then I said she should spend as much time as she can with them while they are still here instead of spending so much time in these forums going after me.

As you said I cannot post a single sentence without being attacked as a promoter, defender, bigger upper ??? So I was banned at QOL for posting too much about Adam (which IB was only too happy to point out to the moderator who said he never reads links and he never ever watched a YouTube of the QAL performances.

I was not being nasty to anyone over there and it really blows my mind that the stalker woman found it such a priority in her life to follow me here! Her life vocation obviously is to make my life as miserable as possible. Thus, my comparisons to Trump and Hitler!



snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Jan 19, 00:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You have done the same thing for years. I could find lots of posts to support that, but I don't have the time, nor do I have the inclination to find them. The fact that you do that is creepy, very much like an internet stalker. If you just ignored Caroline, there would be no issue. She normally addresses nothing to you, then you crap all over what she says, others chime in and you add some more and then you are surprised when she responds to you. What is it exactly you don't understand about this? I have said tons of times that I have read your posts for a very long time here and on QOL and you go after people and Caroline has been your prime target for a number of years. Trying to pretend it isn't so doesn't work for me, as I know better. You may fool casual posters, but not me. I have seen you do the same thing way too long and then you pretend that you are innocent. No, you are not. Just don't respond to a link or something that has nothing to do with you and there would be no problem here. There is no moderator and nothing is ever banned it seems, so if she wants to post glowing reviews, details about the band or Adam, just ignore it. Most of Caroline's posts are positive and maybe she is too effusive in her praise of Adam, but so what? It doesn't hurt anyone and it is not mean spirited. She has lots of nice things to say about the ENTIRE band and wonderful remarks about Brian and Roger. We don't have to talk about the past here. If that is your focus, go to an appropriate thread. You don't educate anyone here about Queen, all you do is criticize and fight with Caroline. That is not helpful. Everyone thinks differently about how much Adam has contributed to QAL's success and there will be disagreement about that . Brian, Roger and Spike seem not to agree with you, but they are just part of Queen, so how would they know? It doesn't really matter anyway. The tour is just about sold out, as they are adding side partitions and extra shows so the tour will be a huge success and the three guys will have a ball singing and performing for the fans that want to be there. That is the most important thing. Your petty feud is very unimportant in the big scheme of things. Millions of people are excited about the tour, Brian, Roger, Adam, Spike and the other guys. Just let that be enough.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Jan 19, 01:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Thanks again, snifflese! You are so rational. I never said anything nasty about IB’s parents. I’ve been empathetic about her Dad’s recent illness. I lost my Dad to cancer in the ‘90’s and my Mom in 2009 as well as my husband of 3 years to a sudden, massive heart attack in 1973. What I said to her is that I think her folks are probably healthier than she is (meaning mentally). And then I said she should spend as much time as she can with them while they are still here instead of spending so much time in these forums going after me.

As you said I cannot post a single sentence without being attacked as a promoter, defender, bigger upper ??? So I was banned at QOL for posting too much about Adam (which IB was only too happy to point out to the moderator who said he never reads links and he never ever watched a YouTube of the QAL performances.

I was not being nasty to anyone over there and it really blows my mind that the stalker woman found it such a priority in her life to follow me here! Her life vocation obviously is to make my life as miserable as possible. Thus, my comparisons to Trump and Hitler!



The very fact you are here trying to excuse what you have done is mind boggling. The fact you compare me to Trump and Hitler, I guess you really do hate me that much. The fact you dragged my ill parents into your hate about me, that speaks volumes how bitter, vindictive and all out angry you are about me. My father has stage four cancer as you know, and I explained that to you before, but what a waste of my time since you threw it back in my face in such a way. So yes dear, you can be nasty, hateful and an all out bitch. I'm with my father as much as I can be, thanks. And the first thing you thought about wasn't even compassion at that time, you wanted me to leave you to do what you wanted here on QZ.

Woe is sweetcaroline/CNB who no matter what you do is never wrong *sarcasm*. Your stories about why you were/are banned from QOL keep changing, but you always manage to blame me. Did you not notice it wasn't only me who knew you were posting pretty much the same article three or four times? And that's not the first time you did it. You posted for years over there fitting AL in anywhere you felt like. When it was said he had a part in Glee, the first place you ran to post about it was the Elton John thread. Just because Elton John was in the picture with a cast member of Glee.
If you think I make your life miserable on Queen boards, time for to step back from Queen boards. The very fact you think you haven't done anything wrong, and you are still digging your heels in comparing me with Trump and Hitler, and saying you pretty much hate me because at the end of the day, if things bother you that much you want to try to score points so badly you throw my parents illnesses in my face as a way to point score, trying make me look bad, then just GTFO.
What have you ever offered on Queen boards...nothing of any substance at all. Just spam, praise, promoting AL and your bitterness and envy about other artists because you think they are in AL's way somehow. Oh and your Trump rants.
You posted about Bohemian Rhapsody having bafta nominations...of course with just the link and nothing given of your own thoughts about it, not even a pixt that you hope it wins.
You think my saying that you promote, big up, spam AL on Queen boards is an 'attack' on you. It's not an attack, it's pointing out what I've known you do for years, and you still do it. Thing is, I doubt you will ever learn.
Do you feel what you have said about me for years now, going as far as you have and outright lying is an attack on me? It sure is, and you have snifflese in your corner to back you up and attack me as well.
The way you act towards me is beyond nasty. It was you who came and comes here blaming me each and every time you are under a ban from QOL.
The very fact you want to point score against me about my parents illnesses, the very fact you compare me to Trump and Hitler, that's an attack and that says so much about your state of mind I think. Yeah, I say you live in an AL bubble, your own words you think of AL as a second son, which is obessive IMO that you feel that way, but I have never sank as low as you have about me. If I ever throw in your face about your family's hardships, and compare you to a bastard like Hitler who played a part in so many deaths, then you could be outaged about what I post in reply to you. But thing is, I'm not that kind of person to do so. You are here now trying to trying to excuse yourself and I can't say you are helping yourself at all.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Jan 19, 06:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“Let's Dance Adam's awesome tribute to David Bowie (who died 3 yrs ago today) at The Enmore Theatre in Sydney, AU on 1/30/16 #letsdance #Sydney #AdamLambert #DavidBowie #TOHTour #theoriginalhightour”

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M6hsZVL7jls&feature=youtu.be

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5630 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Jan 19, 11:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is odd that lambert has been doing this for so long and still not have much feel for a song, for what works and what doesn't. Most of that was karaoke and then he did his usual "look Simon Cowell, I can hit a high note" routine, which is totally out of place in this song. I want to like the guy but he's not giving me much to like.






"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2439 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Jan 19, 13:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Only bats and mice like Lambert purely cos of the high tones that pierce human ears !
(By the way reaching a high note or in Lambert's case screeching a high note does not make him king of the microphone)

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Jan 19, 13:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

People like different kinds of voices. Some folks like the lower register with a rasp like Paul Rodgers and others prefer voices that are higher and find high notes that are part of the song really cool. Personally, I don't like the lower voices and find Rodgers, Springsteen, etc really uninspiring. Check out Danny Gokey slaughtering the end of a journey song on Idol! Now that was a screech! It all depends on what speaks to you and for a lot of folks, there is no comparison between Adam's higher notes and Gokeys. Apples and Oranges!

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Jan 19, 18:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Those high notes are Adam’s signature and what he is known for. You can’t complain that he isn’t original and then also complain about what makes him totally original compared to other male singers. Adam’s high range is not a fake falsetto.


Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Jan 19, 19:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Holly2003 wrote:

It is odd that lambert has been doing this for so long and still not have much feel for a song, for what works and what doesn't. Most of that was karaoke and then he did his usual "look Simon Cowell, I can hit a high note" routine, which is totally out of place in this song. I want to like the guy but he's not giving me much to like.





I'm just glad he toned it down a bit. Many times especially in the early days it was if he was showing off., IMO.

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2439 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Jan 19, 20:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sure horses for courses but you can not get away from the fact that Lambert is pretty annoying with those high notes as his tongue hangs out like a demented lizard.
i turn my head away from the tv when that happened.