Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5476 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jan 19, 14:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

EMI2565 wrote:

Sweetcaroline : That clip you posted is so embarrassing and Lambert looks like a transgendered freak who is not really sure what he/she is?
You think billions of true Queen fans accept that?

Well their shows keep selling out so clearly they do, and that clip is from years ago he doesn't look the same now anyway.

So who's buying the tickets, is it the fans that you have often said Lambert doesn't have or is it the fans Queen do have but aren't interested.

They regularly fill the venues Queen used to play in the 70's and 80's and occasionally sell huge numbers at outdoor shows, so either Lambert has the same sized fan base Queen had, or there are Queen fans in their tens of thousands, maybe millions joining Lambert fans to buy tickets.

Either way they have an audience who ants to see them.

Not only that, there are 7.7 billion people on Earth and he thinks at least 2 billion of them are Queen fans.

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
Inspired user not visiting Queenzone.com
Inspired
Deity: 2205 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 19, 15:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

VH I think the majority of ticket sales are people wanting to see Brian & Roger and the rest are loopy females with a teen crush on Lambert who take there grannies and uncles etc.........
Queen still out sell anything Lambert has done.
If Lambert had had not been offered the Queen vocalist position i doubt he would be performing on such massive world stages, but Queen are at home performing on such a massive scale.

Inspired

Posted: 22 Jan 19, 15:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually more people prefer Queen with Freddie than Adam Lambert and that is a fact!

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 19, 16:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Of course they prefer Freddie, but Adam is a nice alternative.

January 20 was the day he auditioned with the Queen song, Bohemian Rhapsody. I’m glad he celebrated the 10th anniversary of that day by performing a parody of the Queen song, Don’t Stop Me Now.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/8494300/late-late-show-james-corden-adam-lambert-NFL-queen-parody

SweetCaroline

Posted: 22 Jan 19, 18:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What’s this? Whoopi Goldberg thinks QAL should open the Oscars broadcast:

“@WhoopiGoldberg -have @QueenWillRock + @adamlambert open the Oscars by singing “We Are the Champions” @TheAcademy”

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 19, 18:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That would be an awesome idea! In addition to playing at the Super Bowl instead some of those limp bands that get chosen whose music has nothing to do with sports. Obviously most of Queen's catalog isn't for sports, but We are the Champions and We will rock you sure are played at any sporting event I have ever been to, including the NBA, NFL and the NHL. I haven't enjoyed a super bowl act in forever. But the Oscars would also be great as Bohemian Rhapsody is so huge this year. That would be a treat for Brian and Roger and they would deserve the recognition!!

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 5476 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 19, 19:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What a horrible idea :(

"Queen is the only band in the world that can play so heavily that your nose bleeds, then offer a silk handkerchief to clean up with."
Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 19, 19:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

That would be an awesome idea! In addition to playing at the Super Bowl instead some of those limp bands that get chosen whose music has nothing to do with sports. Obviously most of Queen's catalog isn't for sports, but We are the Champions and We will rock you sure are played at any sporting event I have ever been to, including the NBA, NFL and the NHL. I haven't enjoyed a super bowl act in forever. But the Oscars would also be great as Bohemian Rhapsody is so huge this year. That would be a treat for Brian and Roger and they would deserve the recognition!!

Maroon 5 has already been picked to perform at this years Superbowl.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 19, 19:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know they have. That is why I said limp and I really like Maroon and Adam Levine. I just don't feel their music translates to a football game, nor have any of the acts recently, other than maybe Gaga. Her music is energetic, the others not so much. You need some banging rock and stadium anthems which Queen can provide.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts

Posted: 22 Jan 19, 20:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I know they have. That is why I said limp and I really like Maroon and Adam Levine. I just don't feel their music translates to a football game, nor have any of the acts recently, other than maybe Gaga. Her music is energetic, the others not so much. You need some banging rock and stadium anthems which Queen can provide.

I actually can't stand Levine's voice. Almost like nails on a chalkboard for me. One of the worst I've ever heard *ducks* ;-).
I loved Lady GaGa's performance! One of the best ever.
If Q+AL weren't picked this year, I think there will be little chance of them performing at the Superbowl in the future.

The Circle of Eidolon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 83 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 19, 00:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rock Chick speaks the truth

Learn from this

The Circle of Eidolon has spoken

SweetCaroline

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 158 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 19, 06:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Caroline, this reaction was posted today and thought you might enjoy it. I like this guy, kinda how I feel about the song, and I agree with his thoughts at the end. Oh yeah, he's better at it than I am, but that's how I find the notes as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLP7mOSoxCs

Inspired

Posted: 23 Jan 19, 08:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The circle of eidolon = Rockchic ubder a new name, You do not fool me sweetie.

Inspired

Posted: 23 Jan 19, 08:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Circle of Eidolon = Rockchic under a new name, you did say you were going to have some fun on here !

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1745 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 19, 11:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

EMI2565 wrote:

The Circle of Eidolon = Rockchic under a new name, you did say you were going to have some fun on here !

I did yeah but seems someone beat me to it, wish I'd thought of that name but it's not me unfortunately. They did just write a post like I would though and I have my suspicions who it is, Kudos though because if it's who I think they're far better at it than I would be.

Inspired

Posted: 23 Jan 19, 13:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What is the point trolling under silly names saying "we must obey the clergy" any ideas who it is?

SweetCaroline

Posted: 23 Jan 19, 20:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli, thank you so much for posting the YAZIK video review of Adam’s “Believe” — can you please tell the yokel trolls in this Forum that Adam is the real thing and NOT a karaoke singer? Thanks, again!

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 158 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 19, 22:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Brancelli, thank you so much for posting the YAZIK video review of Adam’s “Believe” — can you please tell the yokel trolls in this Forum that Adam is the real thing and NOT a karaoke singer? Thanks, again!

I guess that’s where we differ. I don’t care what the trolls think. Makes no difference to me.

The Circle of Eidolon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 83 posts

Posted: 23 Jan 19, 22:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

EMI2565 wrote:

What is the point trolling under silly names saying "we must obey the clergy" any ideas who it is?

The Circle of Eidolon asks nothing of anyone.

We read, take note and comment using our knowledge and understanding

We represent no one, we are one. We offer the chance for the open mind to understand and for the small mind to expand and understand.

We invite you to learn from this post, your horizons could expand beyond what you believe or understand.

We The Circle of Eidolon have spoken