Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > adam lambert

forum rss feed
Author

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1098 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 04:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Excuse me, but what does Freddie have to do with Adam singing Nessun Dorma? I don't believe Freddie sang it and we are not comparing, so why do you care? This is just something that is not Queen related in any way. Maybe you are climaxing over Freddie, but that is not my problem. Everything is not always about Freddie, you know? Talking about the voice or how one uses his voice is perfectly fine to talk about here.

ForFreddie user not visiting Queenzone.com
ForFreddie
Bohemian: 135 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 04:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I didn't say it had anything to do with it.

Since others had voiced their opinions on Adam vs Freddie ... I'm giving my opinion.

Yes, some of you act like Adam is the second coming....my personal observation.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4168 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 04:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here is a longer version of Nessun Dorma:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XoaRaQ7hYgo&feature=youtu.be

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 04:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

More music from Italy:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UG0sjnHwKTo&feature=youtu.be

He did a full set:

“This cap IIHY, WWFM,STL, IWTBF,Ghost Town, Wicked Game, Mad World, Happy Bday,
AND I posted videos from Nessun Dorma, Let's Dance, WWRY, WRTC , WLL
Holy Shit a full concert”

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 05:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nessun Dorma and Let’s Dance:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mOOGmp21b4Q&time_continue=1

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1098 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 05:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You folks act like Freddie is the only singer in the world and actually there are threads to post about just Freddie on Queen Zone, so maybe you wouldn't be so frustrated there. Some of you seem to get really spun up here on the designated QAL portion of the forum (A stands for Adam in the QAL thread). We don't go into the Freddie threads, so I don't understand why folks come over here so much, since they clearly don't enjoy Adam or QAL. I also don't think most of us compare Freddie to Adam as this would be useless to do. Freddie is an icon and is who he is. Adam is just Adam and we are allowed to talk about him and his voice if we so choose.

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 05:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I was just reading and listening to the song. I love Adam's voice when he sings any kind of classical, as that to me is what he should be singing. A lot of people can sing pop and dance, but not many can sing classical. I always find it interesting that he can translate his voice to so many genres of music. Most people sound best in one or two kinds of music. Opera singers often sound funny singing pop music and country singers aren't credible singing jazz, etc, etc. But Adam can pull off almost everything I have heard him sing. That might, to me, be the most amazing thing about his voice. That is why he is such a good fit for Queen as they have so many styles of music in their catalog. I am curious what Brancelli might think of the Nessun Dorma snippet. it isn't Pavarotti, obviously, but for someone who never sings opera and had no musical backing, I really enjoyed it.

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 05:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

snifflese wrote:

I was just reading and listening to the song. I love Adam's voice when he sings any kind of classical, as that to me is what he should be singing. A lot of people can sing pop and dance, but not many can sing classical. I always find it interesting that he can translate his voice to so many genres of music. Most people sound best in one or two kinds of music. Opera singers often sound funny singing pop music and country singers aren't credible singing jazz, etc, etc. But Adam can pull off almost everything I have heard him sing. That might, to me, be the most amazing thing about his voice. That is why he is such a good fit for Queen as they have so many styles of music in their catalog. I am curious what Brancelli might think of the Nessun Dorma snippet. it isn't Pavarotti, obviously, but for someone who never sings opera and had no musical backing, I really enjoyed it.

Hmmm, I wish there was a better quality clip, but it was decent considering he's not an opera singer. He doesn't have much resonance in his lower register, but he is strong in the 4th octave and has great vibrato. I've heard the song hundreds of times by many singers, so it's unfair to compare him to the others. I wish he would have finished the song, cause there's a C5 at the end (which is the high note he hits in "Is Anybody Listening"), and I would've loved to hear how he would've interpreted it.

Hoping for better quality, but overall I did enjoy it. I do think it does sort of expose the weakness in his lower range, which is most evident in the second line. That said, I'm sure if he sang this song a few times he would kill it. His version thus far is different (it's classical but not exactly opera), But again, I liked it.

Opera singers generally have a very resonant voice and have great projection. They typically don't need to use microphones. Adam might lack the resonance with lower notes, but he can strongly project his voice in the 4th and 5th octaves.

I will leave you with an example of Nessun Dorma that is one of my favorites, although Pavarotti has an incredible rendition as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE4EgIG0pew

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 05:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

btw, I will say, I am pleased to see Adam singing more songs like this. I'm not saying he'd be a great opera singer, but it does make me think he could still sing songs like "Come to Me, Bend to Me", when you hear his control, vibrato, breath support etc. I don't think he's lost any of that. I love how gentle he was in parts of Nessun Dorma that aren't typically gentle. It's unfortunate he wants to waste his talents as a pop singer, cause he truly would kill it on Broadway.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 05:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Excuse me, but what does Freddie have to do with Adam singing Nessun Dorma? I don't believe Freddie sang it and we are not comparing, so why do you care? This is just something that is not Queen related in any way. Maybe you are climaxing over Freddie, but that is not my problem. Everything is not always about Freddie, you know? Talking about the voice or how one uses his voice is perfectly fine to talk about here.

Freddie sang his own opera song which was even written by himself you stupid assclown. The Ladyboy you are lusting for once again proved that all he does is doing covers. He is an overweight wankhead that cannot sing to save his life. Stop your anti Freddie Agenda on a Queen board you stupid cunt

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 06:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey runner, this is one of my favorite Freddie vocals, but like Adam, it's not fair to compare him to trained to opera singers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXKEsAtOYsc

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 06:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey runner, this is one of my favorite Freddie vocals, but like Adam, it's not fair to compare him to trained to opera singers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXKEsAtOYsc

The first good link in the QAL Forum. Another self written song...

The event in Italy seems to have about 12 pple in the audience. He surely made good money as it was a private event but this is where he is without Maylor. Singing in front of 12 pple destroying other pples songs. In the Future it will be dive Bars and no corporate events. According to the FB comments there was an Elvis impersonator as well. And this tool really wants to be seen as credible Artist??

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 06:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

The first good link in the QAL Forum. Another self written song...

The event in Italy seems to have about 12 pple in the audience. He surely made good money as it was a private event but this is where he is without Maylor. Singing in front of 12 pple destroying other pples songs. In the Future it will be dive Bars and no corporate events. According to the FB comments there was an Elvis impersonator as well. And this tool really wants to be seen as credible Artist??

I honestly think you like Adam, but don't want to admit it. I can't think of any other reason why someone would consistently click on a link to somebody they don't like singing. A normal person would just pass. It's reasonable to think you would maybe watch a clip or two of him singing Queen songs considering you are a Queen fan, and then say it isn't for you and leave. But to perpetually follow threads about Adam Lambert seems a bit unusual, unless perhaps maybe you do like him . . . a bit . . . ?

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 07:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hate him like noone else as he is destroying my once fave band and Maylor have become idiots because of him. He is an insult to taste, Music and attitude. A manufactured assclown, a casting muppet, a no talent hack. I click on the links to have a laugh and say sth agaiinst those that drool over him.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 07:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I actually think runner is in love with Adam and resents that there are women who love him, too!

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 07:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I actually think runner is in love with Adam and resents that there are women who love him, too!

SOrry I am not into fat ladyboys with a goats voice that is your kind

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3847 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 07:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

It's rather disgusting, the way some of you are practically climaxing over Adam Lambert.

Star search winner, Freddie wannabe, that's all he is, like somebody posted earlier, if not for Queen, Adam Lambert would be a big, fat nothing now.

It's a disgrace, really, the way Freddie's memory is being treated like this, keeping Freddie's memory alive, is what they claim, that's a load of bull, how can a no talent hack, singing Freddie's songs, who can't even get the song lyrics right, be a tribute to Freddie?

No, it's more like, Adam Lambert is trying to make a name for HIMSELF, not, paying tribute to Freddie.

One thing that can be said about me...I've never practically climaxed over or about AL ;-).
As for AL making a name for himself, it will be difficult for him once Q+AL is over. The industry has changed even since his last album.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1946 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 07:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

snifflese wrote:

Freddie sang his own opera song which was even written by himself you stupid assclown. The Ladyboy you are lusting for once again proved that all he does is doing covers. He is an overweight wankhead that cannot sing to save his life. Stop your anti Freddie Agenda on a Queen board you stupid cunt

Still don't see what Freddie doing opera has to do with Adam, this was a private event he was hired for (in Italy) and they likely asked him to do it, nothing to do with Queen or Freddie. How many opera singers have (covered) Nessun Dorma? Don't see all of them writing new songs, how does singing that mean all he does is covers, what an idiotic comment.

Saying this is where he is without Maylor is ridiculous, he's played for them before years ago when it was their daughters birthday, presumably she's a fan, nothing wrong with being asked to do a private party. Adam gets plenty work away from QAL and will continue doing after.

This is the QAL portion of the board, seems you need that pointing out yet again. And how is posting about this event in the Adam portion of this forum an anti Freddie agenda? Think you need to get a grip you've lost the plot even more lately.

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 07:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

snifflese wrote:

Still don't see what Freddie doing opera has to do with Adam, this was a private event he was hired for (in Italy) and they likely asked him to do it, nothing to do with Queen or Freddie. How many opera singers have (covered) Nessun Dorma? Don't see all of them writing new songs, how does singing that mean all he does is covers, what an idiotic comment.

Saying this is where he is without Maylor is ridiculous, he's played for them before years ago when it was their daughters birthday, presumably she's a fan, nothing wrong with being asked to do a private party. Adam gets plenty work away from QAL and will continue doing after.

This is the QAL portion of the board, seems you need that pointing out yet again. And how is posting about this event in the Adam portion of this forum an anti Freddie agenda? Think you need to get a grip you've lost the plot even more lately.

This snifflese cunt is constantly downgrading Freddie as she hates him because her ladyboy is living on his laurels, failing miserably and she needs a reality check. Stupid cunt. She needs to be banned

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 10:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockchic This is not officially a Adam Lambert portion of the Queenzone site. Someone started this by trolling about him and its carried on from there.
It is still very much 99% Queen and the other 1% Adam for you 3 losers, get it?