Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > adam lambert

forum rss feed
Author

rockchic65 user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1745 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 10:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

EMI2565 wrote:

Rockchic This is not officially a Adam Lambert portion of the Queenzone site. Someone started this by trolling about him and its carried on from there.
It is still very much 99% Queen and the other 1% Adam for you 3 losers, get it?

This part of the forum is Queen + AL so whether you like it or agree with it that's how it is. And my answer to you is the same as to runner - why spend the majority of your time in the QAL part when there's a multitude of Queen only parts on this board where you can talk about Queen all day long.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 13:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You show me where I even mentioned Freddie in the post about Nessun Dorma? I normally don't talk about Freddie and if he is mentioned, I certainly don't say anything negative about him. I believe somewhere in the last day or two I called him an icon. You need to get your brain checked, because you just can't comprehend what is said anymore. Quit posting if you find him so offensive and quite stalking him on the internet. It is creepy beyond creepy to look for things pertaining to him if you hate him so much. I wouldn't be wasting my time on such hatred. You seem like a really angry person and at this point, you might need some help because your behavior is a cause for concern. Normal people don't get so riled up about conversations on a forum, especially when there are no negative conversations about Freddie.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1659 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 13:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

You folks act like Freddie is the only singer in the world and actually there are threads to post about just Freddie on Queen Zone, so maybe you wouldn't be so frustrated there. Some of you seem to get really spun up here on the designated QAL portion of the forum (A stands for Adam in the QAL thread). We don't go into the Freddie threads, so I don't understand why folks come over here so much, since they clearly don't enjoy Adam or QAL. I also don't think most of us compare Freddie to Adam as this would be useless to do. Freddie is an icon and is who he is. Adam is just Adam and we are allowed to talk about him and his voice if we so choose.

So you did not mention Freddie - there you go you braindead asshat

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 15:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That was my SECOND post after For Freddie brought Freddie into it once again like all of you do, even though it had nothing to do with Freddie. In the ORIGINAL Nessun Dorma post there was NO mention of Freddie, so read a little more carefully. It was purely about Adam and that particular song. You people always want to make everything about Freddie and then you start moaning and groaning. You mostly see things in the posts there were never intended because you have an agenda and that is what you are always looking for even when the original poster had nothing like that in mind.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“LinoDiSalvo Here’s some new info, I’m planning on a sneak preview of the film specifically for Adam (Emperor Maximus) and Meghan ( Fairy God Mother) fans, this summer. Stay tuned.”
#PlaymobilTheMovie #PlaymoFanScreenings

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 18:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Since a troll started this thread, I’m really going to gum it up by posting another video in honor of his 10 year anniversary:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u3mFblbrI7Q

ForFreddie user not visiting Queenzone.com
ForFreddie
Bohemian: 135 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 23:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sniffles....the forum is called, QueenZone, not, Lambert Zone.......so, anywhere on here, that anyone wants to post something about Freddie...well, I think you get my drift.

Let Adam get his own forum, then all of his fans, can go worship him over there.

Leave a Queen forum, to the Queen fans.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 23:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam is part of the Queen family now just like Rami, Gwilym, Joe, Ben and Lucy.

P

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 23:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

Sniffles....the forum is called, QueenZone, not, Lambert Zone.......so, anywhere on here, that anyone wants to post something about Freddie...well, I think you get my drift.

Let Adam get his own forum, then all of his fans, can go worship him over there.

Adam has his own forums, although his official one seems to have disappeared.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 26 Jan 19, 23:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Adam is part of the Queen family now just like Rami, Gwilym, Joe, Ben and Lucy.

P

There was and will only be four Queen members. AL isn't one of them.
How Brian, Roger and John were there for Freddie in his last year's, now that's family and a true bond. Brotherhood. AL will never have that with Brian and Roger.

rockchic65 user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1745 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 00:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

The forum is called Queenzone but this part is Queen + AL just like the Queen + when Paul Rodgers was with them so until they decide otherwise he's included in their working lives.

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 04:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You have no idea what the relationship is with Brian and Roger and Adam. It certainly won't be the same as with Freddie, obviously. But they all seem to have special feelings for each other. You can see it on the stage and when they speak to the media and they hang out together away from the tour. It may be more of a father/grandfather kind of a deal, but they definitely have a very special relationship after all the time they have spent together. Brian and Roger have made many public statements about how much they like Adam and how they wouldn't be with anyone else, as their relationship just works for them. Call it what you will, but Adam is not just some singer they employ. It is far more than that. I don't understand why you guys are so defensive about all things related to Freddie. This is a new chapter, things are now different and some people are able to move on. It is not Queen with Freddie, but it is also a special time for the three of them and for QAL.

There is no problem with posting dissenting opinions, but you guys are just pretty nasty about it and call not only Adam all sorts of ugly names, but also anyone who likes Adam. We are not glamtarts and grannies and we are not all senile nor the other lovely things you write, particularly the filthy things from Runner. If you could just state your opinion in a more grown up manner there would be no issue. But it does seem like a big waste of time to come here and say crap to get everyone riled up. I don't see the sense in that, as you can post your love for Freddie in many other places on this forum.

Adam has several fan forums and I read at one of them and scroll is my friend. I find it way too intrusive and I have no interest in whether that counter is in Adam's mother's kitchen or who the dog is staying with or when that suit was worn before. I am not nearly as much a fanatic as some of you think. I would never go to the lengths of some of these ladies. Nor do I go to 10 concerts. I really like Adam and Queen and I like to read about what they are doing, but I hate the nastiness on the Queen forums, so I speak up. I think I am a pretty balanced fan. I see one concert, buy one CD and read the Queen + forums and Adamtopia with a lot of scrolling. I am nowhere near the level of Adam and QAL fan that most of you are Freddie fans. No contest there. So when you are talking about obsessive fans you must be talking about yourselves, because it sure doesn't apply to me.

ForFreddie

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 04:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam Lambert, will never be a part of Queen, as Iron Butterfly has said....Rami isn't, either, he's just an actor who played the part of Freddie.

The original lead singer of Smile, whom Freddie replaced, is more of a part of Queen, than Lambert will ever be..... Adam is a wannabe, just riding on Freddie's wave of popularity.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 05:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

Adam Lambert, will never be a part of Queen, as Iron Butterfly has said....Rami isn't, either, he's just an actor who played the part of Freddie.

The original lead singer of Smile, whom Freddie replaced, is more of a part of Queen, than Lambert will ever be..... Adam is a wannabe, just riding on Freddie's wave of popularity.

After Bohemian Rhapsody won the two Golden Globes, that's when AL admitted his cameo in the biopic...the biopic didn't need him to promote it, but he needed the biopic to promote him, is how I see it.

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 158 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 06:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

ForFreddie wrote:

After Bohemian Rhapsody won the two Golden Globes, that's when AL admitted his cameo in the biopic...the biopic didn't need him to promote it, but he needed the biopic to promote him, is how I see it.

Good observation. I would say that I couldn't blame him for it. Seems like a good opportunity for self-promotion. Can't say I wouldn't do the same if I were him.

I recently watched the movie and thought it was ok. I don't think Rami or the movie deserved the golden globe awards, although I did enjoy it and thought Rami did a pretty good job. I know it sounds crazy, but I think he could pull off Mick Jagger too, if a Rolling Stones movie came about. Of course, my favorite part of the movie was the Mike Myers scene. I won't elaborate, don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet, but it was a nice touch.

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 06:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I also think there is no problem with self promotion. If you don't believe in yourself, who else is going to? Adam wants a career that lasts and you need to make it work for yourself. He hadn't shown up at the big premiere or inserted himself anywhere in the promotion, and I would be willing to be that some other people might have. I don't see that as a big problem. It was kind of funny that no one had recognized him, so maybe it needed to be mentioned.There are plenty of media whores around and I don't think Adam falls into that category.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 06:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

ForFreddie wrote:

Good observation. I would say that I couldn't blame him for it. Seems like a good opportunity for self-promotion. Can't say I wouldn't do the same if I were him.

I recently watched the movie and thought it was ok. I don't think Rami or the movie deserved the golden globe awards, although I did enjoy it and thought Rami did a pretty good job. I know it sounds crazy, but I think he could pull off Mick Jagger too, if a Rolling Stones movie came about. Of course, my favorite part of the movie was the Mike Myers scene. I won't elaborate, don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet, but it was a nice touch.

It just seems tacky to me to be honest. I'm sure he would have said at some point about his cameo...but after it won the Golden Globes...a bit of self promontion there.
I was absolutely shocked when BR and Rami won the Golden Globes...I seriously never expected it.
I love that MM had a part in the film. A true full circle moment, I became a Queen fan in huge part because of Wanyes World. That's one of my favorite parts in the whole movie to be honest.
I agree that Rami could pull off a Jagger...and do it very well.

ForFreddie

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 06:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does Adam do his own thing while on stage, or, does he emulate Freddie?

From pictures I've seen, it looks to me like he tries to look/act like Freddie, especially with the way Freddie used the microphone... Freddie fans, know what I mean.

I'm curious, because if, like some say and, he's not trying to fill Freddie's shoes, why is trying to look like Freddie?

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 06:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I also think there is no problem with self promotion. If you don't believe in yourself, who else is going to? Adam wants a career that lasts and you need to make it work for yourself. He hadn't shown up at the big premiere or inserted himself anywhere in the promotion, and I would be willing to be that some other people might have. I don't see that as a big problem. It was kind of funny that no one had recognized him, so maybe it needed to be mentioned.There are plenty of media whores around and I don't think Adam falls into that category.

I knew for months about the rumors that he filmed for the biopic. Now if it made it in the biopic was another thing altogether. Well obviously he made it in there. I still question why he was added, and that particular way. Not trying to start a fight by the way.

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 158 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 06:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can see that. But now that you’ve pointed it out, it seems obvious that it was calculated to announce the cameo after the golden globes. Win or lose, this seemed the best way to maximize the self-promotion. Of course, it couldn’t have worked out better considering the big wins. I think it was smart, but can see where you may feel it was tacky.