Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > adam lambert

forum rss feed
Author

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 06:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

Does Adam do his own thing while on stage, or, does he emulate Freddie?

From pictures I've seen, it looks to me like he tries to look/act like Freddie, especially with the way Freddie used the microphone... Freddie fans, know what I mean.

I'm curious, because if, like some say and, he's not trying to fill Freddie's shoes, why is trying to look like Freddie?


In all honesty I don’t think I’ve seen Adam emulate Freddie much. Except for maybe the EMAs in 2011 when he first was performing with the band. You could tell that wasn’t his natural vibrato, and he was trying to emulate Freddie there, at least in the show must go on. Other than that, I don’t see it. They don’t sound or act alike at on stage to me. Maybe others have better examples, because I must admit I haven’t seen a great majority of the QAL stuff. But from what I’ve seen, I don’t see Freddie.





Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 165 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 06:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

duplicate





Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 06:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

I can see that. But now that you’ve pointed it out, it seems obvious that it was calculated to announce the cameo after the golden globes. Win or lose, this seemed the best way to maximize the self-promotion. Of course, it couldn’t have worked out better considering the big wins. I think it was smart, but can see where you may feel it was tacky.


The guy and his timing at least some of the time. Like last summer speaking about Freddie's sexuality...and then his cameo in the film.
Things that make me go hmmm.

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 07:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Icy, you go hmmm over everything Adam does!

Here’s another clip of Nessum Dorman, close-up. Something new for you to go hmmm over.

http://www.instagram.com/p/BtHFz-xDInO/

SweetCaroline user is on Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 07:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nessun Dorma !!!!! Darn iPhone !!!!!


runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 07:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Nessun Dorma !!!!! Darn iPhone !!!!!


It doesnt matter how it is spelled. It sucks anytime

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2439 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 08:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam Lambert could shit on TV and sweetcaroline would croon over that saying "it was a fabulous shit oh my"

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1950 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 10:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam posted that movie still which was obviously an official pic since all the others are hazy with the caption that the movie was available for digital download and Brian also posted it at the same time after they both had dinner together the day after the globes - obviously designed to promote the movie especially since Adam is well aware a lot of his fans will likely buy it even if they aren't Queen fans simply because he has a cameo in it - clever marketing on their part IMO to maximise sales.

Adam didn't need to do that for publicity since despite what some people seem to think he gets every appearance and thing he does like the Kennedy Centre or presenting an award etc being picked up by the media and posted everywhere and a lot of the things aren't Queen related at all. I realize people who don't follow him might not know that but I do and see it all the time.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1950 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 10:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

Does Adam do his own thing while on stage, or, does he emulate Freddie?

From pictures I've seen, it looks to me like he tries to look/act like Freddie, especially with the way Freddie used the microphone... Freddie fans, know what I mean.

I'm curious, because if, like some say and, he's not trying to fill Freddie's shoes, why is trying to look like Freddie?


Adam does his own thing he doesn't copy Freddie in the slightest either sound or persona wise. Tbh anyone who knows much about Adam would know that's the last thing he'd want to do.

Not sure what you mean about the way he uses the microphone, Freddie always had that half mic thing which Adam definitely doesn't do?



rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1950 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 10:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

You have no idea what the relationship is with Brian and Roger and Adam. It certainly won't be the same as with Freddie, obviously. But they all seem to have special feelings for each other. You can see it on the stage and when they speak to the media and they hang out together away from the tour. It may be more of a father/grandfather kind of a deal, but they definitely have a very special relationship after all the time they have spent together. Brian and Roger have made many public statements about how much they like Adam and how they wouldn't be with anyone else, as their relationship just works for them. Call it what you will, but Adam is not just some singer they employ. It is far more than that. I don't understand why you guys are so defensive about all things related to Freddie. This is a new chapter, things are now different and some people are able to move on. It is not Queen with Freddie, but it is also a special time for the three of them and for QAL.

There is no problem with posting dissenting opinions, but you guys are just pretty nasty about it and call not only Adam all sorts of ugly names, but also anyone who likes Adam. We are not glamtarts and grannies and we are not all senile nor the other lovely things you write, particularly the filthy things from Runner. If you could just state your opinion in a more grown up manner there would be no issue. But it does seem like a big waste of time to come here and say crap to get everyone riled up. I don't see the sense in that, as you can post your love for Freddie in many other places on this forum.

Adam has several fan forums and I read at one of them and scroll is my friend. I find it way too intrusive and I have no interest in whether that counter is in Adam's mother's kitchen or who the dog is staying with or when that suit was worn before. I am not nearly as much a fanatic as some of you think. I would never go to the lengths of some of these ladies. Nor do I go to 10 concerts. I really like Adam and Queen and I like to read about what they are doing, but I hate the nastiness on the Queen forums, so I speak up. I think I am a pretty balanced fan. I see one concert, buy one CD and read the Queen + forums and Adamtopia with a lot of scrolling. I am nowhere near the level of Adam and QAL fan that most of you are Freddie fans. No contest there. So when you are talking about obsessive fans you must be talking about yourselves, because it sure doesn't apply to me.


Completely agree with all of this and although I read ATOP occasionally I do find the level of intrusiveness into his personal life is definitely not my thing and scroll is my friend, I really couldn't care less whether a painting or vase was in this or that room previously or who's posting pics from his balcony etc, I find it rather stalkerish tbh. It's a good place to find out what he's up to professionally since they are onto every little thing he does but a lot of the duplicate posting of pics and who's instagram he's liked is all a bit much.

One of the things I love about them touring together is how much they get on, they clearly have a lovely relationship, does strike me as a bit father/son but they obviously all care about each other and the audience pick up on it as I see it mentioned a lot.



Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 11:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

INFUSE wrote:

Adam Lambert could shit on TV and sweetcaroline would croon over that saying "it was a fabulous shit oh my"


I can see her posting it now...
It was a spectacular, magnificent shit no matter what xD.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 11:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

snifflese wrote:

You have no idea what the relationship is with Brian and Roger and Adam. It certainly won't be the same as with Freddie, obviously. But they all seem to have special feelings for each other. You can see it on the stage and when they speak to the media and they hang out together away from the tour. It may be more of a father/grandfather kind of a deal, but they definitely have a very special relationship after all the time they have spent together. Brian and Roger have made many public statements about how much they like Adam and how they wouldn't be with anyone else, as their relationship just works for them. Call it what you will, but Adam is not just some singer they employ. It is far more than that. I don't understand why you guys are so defensive about all things related to Freddie. This is a new chapter, things are now different and some people are able to move on. It is not Queen with Freddie, but it is also a special time for the three of them and for QAL.

There is no problem with posting dissenting opinions, but you guys are just pretty nasty about it and call not only Adam all sorts of ugly names, but also anyone who likes Adam. We are not glamtarts and grannies and we are not all senile nor the other lovely things you write, particularly the filthy things from Runner. If you could just state your opinion in a more grown up manner there would be no issue. But it does seem like a big waste of time to come here and say crap to get everyone riled up. I don't see the sense in that, as you can post your love for Freddie in many other places on this forum.

Adam has several fan forums and I read at one of them and scroll is my friend. I find it way too intrusive and I have no interest in whether that counter is in Adam's mother's kitchen or who the dog is staying with or when that suit was worn before. I am not nearly as much a fanatic as some of you think. I would never go to the lengths of some of these ladies. Nor do I go to 10 concerts. I really like Adam and Queen and I like to read about what they are doing, but I hate the nastiness on the Queen forums, so I speak up. I think I am a pretty balanced fan. I see one concert, buy one CD and read the Queen + forums and Adamtopia with a lot of scrolling. I am nowhere near the level of Adam and QAL fan that most of you are Freddie fans. No contest there. So when you are talking about obsessive fans you must be talking about yourselves, because it sure doesn't apply to me.


Completely agree with all of this and although I read ATOP occasionally I do find the level of intrusiveness into his personal life is definitely not my thing and scroll is my friend, I really couldn't care less whether a painting or vase was in this or that room previously or who's posting pics from his balcony etc, I find it rather stalkerish tbh. It's a good place to find out what he's up to professionally since they are onto every little thing he does but a lot of the duplicate posting of pics and who's instagram he's liked is all a bit much.

One of the things I love about them touring together is how much they get on, they clearly have a lovely relationship, does strike me as a bit father/son but they obviously all care about each other and the audience pick up on it as I see it mentioned a lot.



I read Adamtopia sometimes as well. It's a good place to get info about what he does professionally. The level of intrusvieness about his personal life...I will never understand it. To me, that's not a fan. I don't get the point of the gossip who is at AL's house, tracking AL's socail media to post what he clicked like on. I almost wish Adam Official was still up and running.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 12:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Adam posted that movie still which was obviously an official pic since all the others are hazy with the caption that the movie was available for digital download and Brian also posted it at the same time after they both had dinner together the day after the globes - obviously designed to promote the movie especially since Adam is well aware a lot of his fans will likely buy it even if they aren't Queen fans simply because he has a cameo in it - clever marketing on their part IMO to maximise sales.

Adam didn't need to do that for publicity since despite what some people seem to think he gets every appearance and thing he does like the Kennedy Centre or presenting an award etc being picked up by the media and posted everywhere and a lot of the things aren't Queen related at all. I realize people who don't follow him might not know that but I do and see it all the time.


How long was AL's cameo, 10 seconds or so, and not even a speaking part. Sorry to say, it does come across that AL was self promoting himself with that post. I never knew Brian shared the same thing. The fact that some Glamberts will buy the DVD and tickets to see the movie, just because AL is in it...I just hope that after that, that some will take the time to learn about Freddie and Queen, because the biopic has more than one thing wrong in it.

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2439 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 12:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For Freddie : Yes i understand what you mean when you said you think Adam copies Freddie on stage especially getting up close to Brian and doing those Freddie moves with his mic and gyrating around Brian. Furthermore the crown he wore at the end of a concert, all Freddie inspired. Not original and definitely cheesy cheap stunt.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1950 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 13:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Adam posted that movie still which was obviously an official pic since all the others are hazy with the caption that the movie was available for digital download and Brian also posted it at the same time after they both had dinner together the day after the globes - obviously designed to promote the movie especially since Adam is well aware a lot of his fans will likely buy it even if they aren't Queen fans simply because he has a cameo in it - clever marketing on their part IMO to maximise sales.

Adam didn't need to do that for publicity since despite what some people seem to think he gets every appearance and thing he does like the Kennedy Centre or presenting an award etc being picked up by the media and posted everywhere and a lot of the things aren't Queen related at all. I realize people who don't follow him might not know that but I do and see it all the time.


How long was AL's cameo, 10 seconds or so, and not even a speaking part. Sorry to say, it does come across that AL was self promoting himself with that post. I never knew Brian shared the same thing. The fact that some Glamberts will buy the DVD and tickets to see the movie, just because AL is in it...I just hope that after that, that some will take the time to learn about Freddie and Queen, because the biopic has more than one thing wrong in it.


The whole scene was about 40 seconds. It was already out there since November you can see the date of the article. http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/pride/8483081/adam-lambert-cameo-bohemian-rhapsody-freddie-mercury

He'd mentioned it at the Premier when it was already doing the rounds on Twitter and Facebook and people were asking him if he was in it on his social media, they were also asking Brian on instagram as well.

This is from Brian's instagram - http://www.instagram.com/p/Bsiv8udBpQZ/

The timing of them posting about it after the Globes was simply to promote the movie coming out on digital release IMO since like you say it was a non speaking short cameo and not really worth using to promote himself. No idea why people assume he needs to do that since he gets plenty media attention anyway.


rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1950 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 13:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

INFUSE wrote:

For Freddie : Yes i understand what you mean when you said you think Adam copies Freddie on stage especially getting up close to Brian and doing those Freddie moves with his mic and gyrating around Brian. Furthermore the crown he wore at the end of a concert, all Freddie inspired. Not original and definitely cheesy cheap stunt.


The crown was a nod to Freddie, he likes to reference him in the show but in no way copies him and as to the getting close to Brian and gyrating - ever seen him in his own show with his guitarist?

http://youtu.be/KqrzTJrDCQQ

Still no idea what anyone means with the mic, care to explain?


Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2439 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 13:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockchic65 If your an old Queen fan then you must know what Freddie used to do strutting around Brian with his mic?
Adam has similar moves around Brian and its obvious he is copying Freddie and that crown was copying and the black finger nails was copying so do not deny that, everyone will agree.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Adam posted that movie still which was obviously an official pic since all the others are hazy with the caption that the movie was available for digital download and Brian also posted it at the same time after they both had dinner together the day after the globes - obviously designed to promote the movie especially since Adam is well aware a lot of his fans will likely buy it even if they aren't Queen fans simply because he has a cameo in it - clever marketing on their part IMO to maximise sales.

Adam didn't need to do that for publicity since despite what some people seem to think he gets every appearance and thing he does like the Kennedy Centre or presenting an award etc being picked up by the media and posted everywhere and a lot of the things aren't Queen related at all. I realize people who don't follow him might not know that but I do and see it all the time.


How long was AL's cameo, 10 seconds or so, and not even a speaking part. Sorry to say, it does come across that AL was self promoting himself with that post. I never knew Brian shared the same thing. The fact that some Glamberts will buy the DVD and tickets to see the movie, just because AL is in it...I just hope that after that, that some will take the time to learn about Freddie and Queen, because the biopic has more than one thing wrong in it.


The whole scene was about 40 seconds. It was already out there since November you can see the date of the article. http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/pride/8483081/adam-lambert-cameo-bohemian-rhapsody-freddie-mercury

He'd mentioned it at the Premier when it was already doing the rounds on Twitter and Facebook and people were asking him if he was in it on his social media, they were also asking Brian on instagram as well.

This is from Brian's instagram - http://www.instagram.com/p/Bsiv8udBpQZ/

The timing of them posting about it after the Globes was simply to promote the movie coming out on digital release IMO since like you say it was a non speaking short cameo and not really worth using to promote himself. No idea why people assume he needs to do that since he gets plenty media attention anyway.

I didn't time how long he was onscreen to be honest.
It didn't or doesn't need AL to promote it, is how I see it. If Bohemian Rhapsody wins Sag Awards tonight ( extremely unlikely it will win I think, but I ate my words before LOL ) will AL hop on that bandwagon too?

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1950 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 13:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

INFUSE wrote:

Rockchic65 If your an old Queen fan then you must know what Freddie used to do strutting around Brian with his mic?
Adam has similar moves around Brian and its obvious he is copying Freddie and that crown was copying and the black finger nails was copying so do not deny that, everyone will agree.


Did you watch the video I linked? I'm thinking not or you would see all the same moves with his guitarist from his own band back in 2011/2012, nothing to do with Freddie that's just what he does.

And seriously black fingernails he's had those since well before American Idol, again nothing to do with Freddie and there's lots of guys in rock music do that, it's not unique to Freddie, and he only did one hand anyway.