Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > adam lambert

forum rss feed
Author

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1735 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 13:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I didn't time how long he was onscreen to be honest.
It didn't or doesn't need AL to promote it, is how I see it. If Bohemian Rhapsody wins Sag Awards tonight ( extremely unlikely it will win I think, but I ate my words before LOL ) will AL hop on that bandwagon too?

Well maybe Brian & Roger thought any publicity is good publicity,

Adam putting that on instagram immediately ended up all over being tweeted by media outlets and articles done about it so it garnered a pretty large amount of interest and that can only be a good thing from their point of view if it gets people interested in buying/streaming it.

Why would Adam need to jump on any bandwagon when like I said every move he makes professionally gets picked up by media and written/tweeted about, he's definitely not short of publicity, he was all over media simply for being at the Lady GaGa opening night of her residency, just like he was for the Wicked appearance, the fact he's gonna be in the playmobil movie, the award he presented the other month etc etc so if he publicizes the movie and it sells more because of it I can't see any problem with that.

Inspired user not visiting Queenzone.com
Inspired
Deity: 2195 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 13:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lambert gets publicity because he is playing with two rock legends and that is a massive honour for any novice !

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 14:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

INFUSE wrote:

Lambert gets publicity because he is playing with two rock legends and that is a massive honour for any novice !

Lambert wasn't a novice and got a ton of publicity in the first few years after Idol before he teamed up with Bri & Roger. He obviously gets publicity when he's touring with them and doing interviews to promote their shows but he gets plenty interest aside from their project as well. You have a very warped view of him.

And yes it is a massive honor as he's very quick to say every time he does an interview.

Inspired

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 14:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry but Adam never set foot on the world stages before Brian gave him the chance.
If Queen had not offered him that chance Adam would never of played Vegas and massive venues.
Lots of American Idol idol contestants have ended up where they started -nowhere!

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 14:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

INFUSE wrote:

Sorry but Adam never set foot on the world stages before Brian gave him the chance.
If Queen had not offered him that chance Adam would never of played Vegas and massive venues.
Lots of American Idol idol contestants have ended up where they started -nowhere!

Yeah well he wouldn't have been one of them, the guy made $6 million in his first year after Idol so he was doing perfectly fine on his own and will continue to do perfectly fine afterwards.

Meanwhile you are nothing but a turd that just won't flush

Inspired

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 14:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think the turd that wont flush away is Adam Lambert ha ha ha

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 15:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haters gonna hate, no matter what! It is useless to try to discuss with these people rationally. Even for Icy, I am surprised. She always makes everything Adam does tacky and bigging himself up. I assume it was probably Brian and Roger who decided when and how to release the cameo and that was the best moment for the most publicity. There had been talk about a cameo for months and Adam's fans were dying to know. It is also funny that so many didn't realize who it was. Just like the picture released last week of Brian making a very quick appearance in the movie. It is all part of strategy and maxing out the return from the movie. Once again I don't think Adam makes those decisions. Yea, some people will buy it for the cameo, but I think many fans were buying it because it was a Queen movie and they support the new and old version of Queen. I sometimes wonder who the better fans are. I am sure Brian and Roger would be appalled at te vitriol here and wouldn't claim any of you as fans.

Adam in no way imitates Freddie on stage. He does his own thing which he has been doing since his first tour. Every lead singer of every band I have ever seen struts around with the microphone and leans into various other band members on the stage. Wow, you people are really looking for stuff to criticize. I find it unbelievable myself. Adam is his own man and he doesn't need to act like or be like Freddie and he has said that many times. He wants to do the shows in his way but remain true to the original without copying him. He certainly isn't a clone like Martel, who Icy talking about very glowingly for her. He is the one who apes Freddie, but no complaints about him. I have said this a hundred times, but you people give everyone in the world a pass, but you criticize Adam for the same thing. The hypocrisy here is just astounding.

Inspired

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 15:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Snifflese: Adam not copying? How about the crown in Freddie fashion and the black finger nails and the black leather coats and trousers, that is a good start.
Lambert is no way original singing other peoples music for a living , that is just as cheesy as what Jane Mcdonald does here in the UK on her Cruise TV shows.

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 15:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He has had black nails since his early twenties (talked about ir when he was in Wicked and the producer didn't like it, way before Queen was ever a thought in his mind! )and like how many Goth kids have black nails? My older son had black fingernail polish in high school and he wasn't copying Freddie. He didn't give Freddie a thought. The crown is part of the Queen paraphernalia and last I heard Roger and Brian are still Queen, although in your universe, probably not, But for everyone else they still represent Queen. It is THEIR music, THEIR cataglog of music, Their ideas on how to run a show, and THEY are entitled to all the Queen's symbols ,etc that they always used in past shows. I am sure Adam was given the crown by them to put on in the show. As far as clothes, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Steven Tyler etc, etc, all wear black leather! It is the Rocker's official outfit. Are you kidding me? Glad Adam passed on the the whitey tighty shorts and the ballet get up. Good call on his part, don't you think?

Adam sings his own music and he is an amazing cover singer as his voice is superb and very versatile and he just knows how to switch up a song to make it feel new and fresh. That is in itself a talent, whether you recognize it or not. I would love to have a cover album from Adam as I like some of his versions as well or better than the original artist. YMMV.

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 15:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

INFUSE wrote:

Snifflese: Adam not copying? How about the crown in Freddie fashion and the black finger nails and the black leather coats and trousers, that is a good start.
Lambert is no way original singing other peoples music for a living , that is just as cheesy as what Jane Mcdonald does here in the UK on her Cruise TV shows.

Black finger nails he's had forever, leather coats etc also things he's worn prior to working with Bri & Roger - take note of fingernails as well as clothes

http://youtu.be/rAo1MMYTSXg

http://youtu.be/V3qHrOB4MKw

Lambert has three albums of original music plus one released against his will that he wrote with Monte Pittman (Madonna's guitarist) prior to going on Idol, how is that doing cover's for a living? He'll be releasing new music this year and then likely touring it, that won't be covers. He's got an original song in the playmobil movie out later this year, not a cover.

We could call Axl a covers artist now since he's been touring with AC/DC doing all their music - would that make sense?

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1658 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Adam posted that movie still which was obviously an official pic since all the others are hazy with the caption that the movie was available for digital download and Brian also posted it at the same time after they both had dinner together the day after the globes - obviously designed to promote the movie especially since Adam is well aware a lot of his fans will likely buy it even if they aren't Queen fans simply because he has a cameo in it - clever marketing on their part IMO to maximise sales.

Adam didn't need to do that for publicity since despite what some people seem to think he gets every appearance and thing he does like the Kennedy Centre or presenting an award etc being picked up by the media and posted everywhere and a lot of the things aren't Queen related at all. I realize people who don't follow him might not know that but I do and see it all the time.

How long was AL's cameo, 10 seconds or so, and not even a speaking part. Sorry to say, it does come across that AL was self promoting himself with that post. I never knew Brian shared the same thing. The fact that some Glamberts will buy the DVD and tickets to see the movie, just because AL is in it...I just hope that after that, that some will take the time to learn about Freddie and Queen, because the biopic has more than one thing wrong in it.

The whole scene was about 40 seconds. It was already out there since November you can see the date of the article. http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/pride/8483081/adam-lambert-cameo-bohemian-rhapsody-freddie-mercury

He'd mentioned it at the Premier when it was already doing the rounds on Twitter and Facebook and people were asking him if he was in it on his social media, they were also asking Brian on instagram as well.

This is from Brian's instagram - http://www.instagram.com/p/Bsiv8udBpQZ/

The timing of them posting about it after the Globes was simply to promote the movie coming out on digital release IMO since like you say it was a non speaking short cameo and not really worth using to promote himself. No idea why people assume he needs to do that since he gets plenty media attention anyway.

40 seconds in Glamtart time maybe. The asshat was seen about 5-10 seconds. I must admit he was not the worst in this abysmal movie tbh. YOU really drool over this cameo stunt? Really????

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 16:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

INFUSE wrote:

He is acting as if he was a rockstar but he is failing miserably. He stays a pop/Dance artist has nothing to do with rock. His paperthin powerless girls voice is not made for rock msuic as well. He is constantly trying to copy Freddie. He almost wore the Live Killers outfit (Black leather and black sunglasses), the crowning is just disgusting as the person as a whole. THis collarboartion still is the most laughable in rock history and will always be that way

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 16:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Adam sings his own music and he is an amazing cover singer

You got that right: COVER singer. Replace "amazing" with "annoying" (I guess it was your auto correction) and you are spot on!
He'll soon sing covers in dive bars again

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 16:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

None of us are drooling, what is wrong with you? Actually that is the most unattractive I haveever seen him, but it was fun and I would never have guessed it was him. That makes it interesting, but until he really acts in something, I am not getting too excited. I did like him in Glee and I am intrigued to hear his voice over parts in the animated Lego movie!I am not even buying the movie!

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 16:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

None of us are drooling, what is wrong with you? Actually that is the most unattractive I haveever seen him, but it was fun and I would never have guessed it was him. That makes it interesting, but until he really acts in something, I am not getting too excited. I did like him in Glee and I am intrigued to hear his voice over parts in the animated Lego movie!I am not even buying the movie!

ForFreddie user not visiting Queenzone.com
ForFreddie
Bohemian: 135 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 16:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Look, if Adam truly isn't trying to emulate Freddie, why does he dress like him, move around on stage like him and, the crown?! Really? That wasn't a cheap stunt to get people looking at him as if he was Freddie?

The broken mic stand, that Freddie carried around on stage, I saw at least one picture of Lambert, doing the same thing.... while dressed exactly how Freddie used to.

No, he isn't trying to be Freddie, not trying to get people to see him the same way they did Freddie....yeah, right.

If Lambert, as you fans claim, does his own thing and, doesn't emulate Freddie, why is he trying so hard to act/look like Freddie?

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 16:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

40 seconds in Glamtart time maybe. The asshat was seen about 5-10 seconds. I must admit he was not the worst in this abysmal movie tbh. YOU really drool over this cameo stunt? Really????

I said the whole scene, it flits back and forth between various bits and no I don't drool over it I wouldn't have even known it was Adam if I hadn't known about the scene beforehand but some of his casual fans who saw the post and didn't know it was him were saying Oh I have to go see it now hence my comment about it helping sales. A lot of his fans were or have become Queen fans and have seen it anyway but I've seen comments from them saying they were gonna see it again just because they didn't realize it was Adam. Seems odd to me but he has some very passionate fans.

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Everybody moves on stage and cozies up to the other players. Everybody wears black leather (have you seen Judas Priest?) George Michael wears sunglasses and so do millions of other people. Black leather is like the de facto rocker's attire! Elvis wore black leather and shades. Did Freddie copy him? I am surely thinking he is the copy cat since Elvis did that first~! (do you realize how stupid that sounds???) Adam also wears about 6 other outfits geared to the theme of that segment of the show in any given show and until he wears those tighty whitey shorts or the red sparkly ballet onesie with the shoes, I can't say he is copying Freddie (Adam does have a certain taste level!). P eople you are sounding more and more ridiculous.

Rockers wear black leather check
People wear shades check
Singers in bands interact with other members of band and do the back thing check
Rock singers fiddle with their mikes and do all sorts of things with them check

What is so different about what Freddie did? He was magnetic and charismatic, but it didn't have anything to do with the above mentioned things you brought up. Freddie did it is just like the other singers that have performed for decades. You guys are losing the plot here with this topic. His magnetism had nothing to do with clothes or stage props. You have it or you don't.

Inspired

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 16:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sniflese Adam certainly does not have it and who wore a crown on stage before Freddie then?

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3903 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 17:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The trolls in this forum would know that Adam does not copy Freddie on stage if they saw a live performance! You can’t have it both ways. Some people have complained that Adam doesn’t copy Freddie enough—“he’s too stiff, looks like a giraffe.”

Get back under the bridge, trolls, you are not welcome here with your lies! Until you go to a show, your criticisms are empty and dumb!