Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > adam lambert

forum rss feed
Author

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 444 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 18:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

Doing a Google search, Bohemian Rhapsody 2018 comes up as Lambert's accomplishments, so, the picture can't be of Freddie and, it clearly shows a broken mic stand in the hands of..... Lambert?

I don’t get, what you’re talking about. BoRhap 2018 comes up with Lambert’s name, because of his cameo of the trucker. No mic stand. Just a big truck and a restroom.

Post the pic. Or better: believe the guys in this forum, who have been following the band for many years. Adam did almost 200 gigs with Brian and Roger. He does always use a normal mic stand. And if he walks across the stage, he carries just the mic. You can believe us. ;)

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 18:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

I managed to click the first video -almost threw up. Seeing this asshat performing TYMD like a drag Queen is just disgusting. Holy Mary and this screaming fangirls??? Surey no Queen Die Hards. Bloody fucking awful. "Go see a show" ??? No thanks I'd leave in 12 seconds

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1950 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 18:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

Doing a Google search, Bohemian Rhapsody 2018 comes up as Lambert's accomplishments, so, the picture can't be of Freddie and, it clearly shows a broken mic stand in the hands of..... Lambert?

Think I found the one you mean but it's just not showing the bottom of the stand. He has never used a cut off one but does drag the stand around occasionally or lean it to one side even in his solo shows, as do lots of singers.

http://rockandrollgarage.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/mercury-lambert.jpg

Is that the one? Somebody obviously put the pics together because it looked similar from the angle it's took.

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 18:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

I managed to click the first video -almost threw up. Seeing this asshat performing TYMD like a drag Queen is just disgusting. Holy Mary and this screaming fangirls??? Surey no Queen Die Hards. Bloody fucking awful. "Go see a show" ??? No thanks I'd leave in 12 seconds

Well regardless of your opinion lots of people love it but it proves one point, there is nothing remotely similar about what Adam wears or how he sings or acts.

ForFreddie user not visiting Queenzone.com
ForFreddie
Bohemian: 135 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 18:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Google, Adam Lambert, scroll down to the list of accomplishments, it'll show Glee and, other things he's done, among them is, Bohemian Rhapsody 2018....if that isn't a picture of Adam, with the broken mic stand.... well, it can't be Freddie, not in 2018.....in which case, they're trying to make people think "Freddie" in association with, Adam.

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 18:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

Found the pic I think - http://rockandrollgarage.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/mercury-lambert.jpg

It's just the way it's been taken, he only uses a full mic stand but the angle makes it look very similar. Anyone at the show wouldn't think that after 30 seconds he's absolutely nothing like Freddie in sound, persona or anything. I was trying to find the vid of the show it's from, I think it's 2015 but not sure maybe Caroline might have an idea.

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 18:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Sealion js back - another Glamtart prick acting like a knowitall. Lameturd is an abomination and QAL is completely laughable. Live with it you sad twat

Just ignore me , you old fucker. I won’t stay for too long in this shithole.

Just one thing:
I‘m always wondering, how someone like you, who can at least talk in a civilized manner on the German Fanclub Board, isn’t able to do so in English. Here you only sound like the last asshole.
For all the readers here: No, runner isn’t that evil. He just behaves this way on English speaking fanboards. And yes, he can’t stand anything Q+AL.

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 18:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

Post the pic. Or better: believe the guys in this forum, who have been following the band for many years. Adam did almost 200 gigs with Brian and Roger. He does always use a normal mic stand. And if he walks across the stage, he carries just the mic. You can believe us. ;)

Found the pic I think - http://rockandrollgarage.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/mercury-lambert.jpg

It's just the way it's been taken, he only uses a full mic stand but the angle makes it look very similar. Anyone at the show wouldn't think that after 30 seconds he's absolutely nothing like Freddie in sound, persona or anything. I was trying to find the vid of the show it's from, I think it's 2015 but not sure maybe Caroline might have an idea.

ForFreddie user not visiting Queenzone.com
ForFreddie
Bohemian: 135 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 18:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Royalty...it was similar to the picture you posted, not the exact one, though.....I guess, it could have been a full mic stand, just not showing the bottom part

But, the picture I found titled, Bohemian Rhapsody 2018, is clearly a broken mic stand..... and, as I posted earlier, if it is Adam Lambert, they are certainly trying to make people think, "Freddie" when seeing it. (It can't be Freddie, in 2018).

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 18:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

Just one thing:
I‘m always wondering, how someone like you, who can at least talk in a civilized manner on the German Fanclub Board, isn’t able to do so in English. Here you only sound like the last asshole.
For all the readers here: No, runner isn’t that evil. He just behaves this way on English speaking fanboards. And yes, he can’t stand anything Q+AL.

Yeah I've seen his posts about QAL on facebook, not pretty.

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 18:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

Royalty...it was similar to the picture you posted, not the exact one, though.....I guess, it could have been a full mic stand, just not showing the bottom part

But, the picture I found titled, Bohemian Rhapsody 2018, is clearly a broken mic stand..... and, as I posted earlier, if it is Adam Lambert, they are certainly trying to make people think, "Freddie" when seeing it. (It can't be Freddie, in 2018).

If it's a broken one it's definitely doctored, there's not a chance he would do that when he makes it a point to not imitate him, he even had Spike record the songs just on piano to learn them so he wouldn't copy Freddie's phrasing from listening to the originals, he thinks it would really tacky to imitate him in any way.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4171 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 19:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Forget about Adam and Gaga doing a duet in the future. She’s in love with Bradley:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5c4ddb88e4b0287e5b8bac45/amp

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 19:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

It might have been a photo clip from this show or one from the same tour, he has the same Jacket and is holding the stand at an angle at the start of the song - http://youtu.be/Pt87cHr6H90

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 19:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

So you don’t even know, if the picture shows Adam?
Maybe it’s Rami Malek?

How long have you been a Freddie fan, if I may ask? Because it sounds, as if you listened too much to the Q+AL naysayers and AL haters. You seem to believe too much of what they say.

My advice: Look into the collaboration and get to know AL, before you start spreading negativity without knowledge. And if you don’t want to, because you believe, that it’s just not your thing, that’s also fine. Listen to Fred, there might still be enough for you to discover.
But leave the collaboration alone. Most Queen fans do enjoy it. Lambert is a good man.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3854 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 19:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I didn't time how long he was onscreen to be honest.
It didn't or doesn't need AL to promote it, is how I see it. If Bohemian Rhapsody wins Sag Awards tonight ( extremely unlikely it will win I think, but I ate my words before LOL ) will AL hop on that bandwagon too?

Well maybe Brian & Roger thought any publicity is good publicity,

Adam putting that on instagram immediately ended up all over being tweeted by media outlets and articles done about it so it garnered a pretty large amount of interest and that can only be a good thing from their point of view if it gets people interested in buying/streaming it.

Why would Adam need to jump on any bandwagon when like I said every move he makes professionally gets picked up by media and written/tweeted about, he's definitely not short of publicity, he was all over media simply for being at the Lady GaGa opening night of her residency, just like he was for the Wicked appearance, the fact he's gonna be in the playmobil movie, the award he presented the other month etc etc so if he publicizes the movie and it sells more because of it I can't see any problem with that.

Noooo Rockchic, no publicity is good publicity. The heat about Bryan Singer is as bad as it can get, to use that as an an extreme example.

I've seen and read about AL getting press after he let it be known that he actually was in the movie. You know I'm a Queen fan first, so no offense, but I'd rather have seen the Live Aid part to get press instead.Yes, Live Aid got some press I'm glad to say.
I've been following the ups and downs of the biopic for years. I really liked some of what I saw and not others. The things that were wrong drove me nuts, but when it was good...I think it was very good.

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 19:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ladies and Gents: On the left side you see a twat, a sad no talent copycat. On the right side you see a legend, composer, Musician.

You would not need any introduction even if you just looked at those pix without knowing anyone ;)

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 19:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

My advice: Look into the collaboration and get to know AL, before you start spreading negativity without knowledge. And if you don’t want to, because you believe, that it’s just not your thing, that’s also fine. Listen to Fred, there might still be enough for you to discover.
But leave the collaboration alone. Most Queen fans do enjoy it. Lambert is a good man.

I agree, I can understand some people not being into it or not liking Adam's voice even but I really don't get the hate, he's nothing but respectful of Freddie and the band, he's a genuinely nice guy and IMO it must have been really daunting to even get up there in the first place and he does it with grace even doing the no Freddie speech which I can't imagine that many people doing. Just out of curiosity did Paul ever do anything like that I haven't really watched much of them together?

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 19:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Sealion js back - another Glamtart prick acting like a knowitall. Lameturd is an abomination and QAL is completely laughable. Live with it you sad twat

Just ignore me , you old fucker. I won’t stay for too long in this shithole.

Just one thing:

Every shithole deserves his language. BTW the mod banned me in the german forum haha

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Most Queen fans do enjoy it. Lambert is a good man.

Diehards hate the tool. And on here about 5 pple drool over him not too much I'd say

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4171 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

More from Italy — no half mic:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F1K_kQi_zeY

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=89okVy-CUJY