add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 19:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Back under the bridge, runner!

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1946 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 19:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Noooo Rockchic, no publicity is good publicity. The heat about Bryan Singer is as bad as it can get, to use that as an an extreme example.

Well obviously the Bryan Singer thing is awful and this latest thing has really screwed things up with GLAAD pulling the nomination but that isn't anything to do with Adam and him putting it out about the cameo and like I said Brian also posted it so I think it may even have been a studio decision since the pic is clearly a still.

I'm the same as regards the movie, I loved parts and other bits not so much but overall I'm glad it's been so popular and just hope this Singer thing doesn't screw things up too much.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3847 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 19:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Haters gonna hate, no matter what! It is useless to try to discuss with these people rationally. Even for Icy, I am surprised. She always makes everything Adam does tacky and bigging himself up. I assume it was probably Brian and Roger who decided when and how to release the cameo and that was the best moment for the most publicity. There had been talk about a cameo for months and Adam's fans were dying to know. It is also funny that so many didn't realize who it was. Just like the picture released last week of Brian making a very quick appearance in the movie. It is all part of strategy and maxing out the return from the movie. Once again I don't think Adam makes those decisions. Yea, some people will buy it for the cameo, but I think many fans were buying it because it was a Queen movie and they support the new and old version of Queen. I sometimes wonder who the better fans are. I am sure Brian and Roger would be appalled at te vitriol here and wouldn't claim any of you as fans.

Adam in no way imitates Freddie on stage. He does his own thing which he has been doing since his first tour. Every lead singer of every band I have ever seen struts around with the microphone and leans into various other band members on the stage. Wow, you people are really looking for stuff to criticize. I find it unbelievable myself. Adam is his own man and he doesn't need to act like or be like Freddie and he has said that many times. He wants to do the shows in his way but remain true to the original without copying him. He certainly isn't a clone like Martel, who Icy talking about very glowingly for her. He is the one who apes Freddie, but no complaints about him. I have said this a hundred times, but you people give everyone in the world a pass, but you criticize Adam for the same thing. The hypocrisy here is just astounding.

Glamberts knew he had a cameo...bit of an open secret. If he made it in the film was another thing altogether. I'm not knocking at him here for even appearing in the film, but how AL let it be known he had a part after it won two major awards. To me that is a bit tacky, IMO.

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 444 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 19:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Most Queen fans do enjoy it. Lambert is a good man.

Diehards hate the tool. And on here about 5 pple drool over him not too much I'd say

And about 3 are hating on him, meaning there are more who like him -according to your calculations. ;)

To be precise: SOME diehards ignore him. A dozen go around and hate on him online.
Most enjoy the show. While doing so, some like Adam, some don’t. But usually he doesn’t take away from the party to celebrate Queen and their music!
:)

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 19:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Noooo Rockchic, no publicity is good publicity. The heat about Bryan Singer is as bad as it can get, to use that as an an extreme example.

Well obviously the Bryan Singer thing is awful and this latest thing has really screwed things up with GLAAD pulling the nomination but that isn't anything to do with Adam and him putting it out about the cameo and like I said Brian also posted it so I think it may even have been a studio decision since the pic is clearly a still.

I'm the same as regards the movie, I loved parts and other bits not so much but overall I'm glad it's been so popular and just hope this Singer thing doesn't screw things up too much.

I think Singer...and only Singer ruined chances for the biopic to wn Oscars. The things I've read these last few days...holy hell. Not good.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 19:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ForFreddie wrote:

Is it a lie, that Lambert can't even get the words to Bohemian Rhapsody right? Is it a lie he has performed with a broken mic stand.... same as Freddie....is it a lie he copied the crown thing? ...what's that? I can't hear you......no? Ok then, who's lying, here?

One can certainly tell/see the abombanation that is Adam Lambert, without attending a live concert, ever hear of...... streaming videos, online? I know that you have...

I haven't been here long enough to call you a troll outright, so, I'll take the word of others, who should know.

About Bohemian Rhapsody, yep he messed up the lyrics three nights in a row. So, it wasn't just a one time thing, or a song he's never sang before.
And yes to the glamberts here, I know Freddie messed up at times too.
As for the coronet, I don't think I will be able to to like that. That is tacky, maybe the most tacky Q+AL moments ever.

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 19:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I think Singer...and only Singer ruined chances for the biopic to wn Oscars. The things I've read these last few days...holy hell. Not good.

Yeah the shit well and truly hit the fan with that, thankfully he's took down all the Bo Rhap stuff off his instagram and distanced himself but the damage is done so not sure what their chances of an Oscar are, doubt the movie has a chance but hopefully Rami might still be in the running.

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 19:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

ForFreddie wrote:

Is it a lie, that Lambert can't even get the words to Bohemian Rhapsody right? Is it a lie he has performed with a broken mic stand.... same as Freddie....is it a lie he copied the crown thing? ...what's that? I can't hear you......no? Ok then, who's lying, here?

One can certainly tell/see the abombanation that is Adam Lambert, without attending a live concert, ever hear of...... streaming videos, online? I know that you have...

I haven't been here long enough to call you a troll outright, so, I'll take the word of others, who should know.

About Bohemian Rhapsody, yep he messed up the lyrics three nights in a row. So, it wasn't just a one time thing, or a song he's never sang before.

LOL: Your favorite topic - Adam messed up the lyrics of BoRhap 3 times. How often did we discuss that?

Maybe we should start to discuss, how often Freddie fucked up Radio Gaga? And it was fun, when he did, because it was special !
You know, we can stay positive and talk about, how much fun we have at the gigs. Or that Adam as a guest was able to sing the lyrics correctly the other 190 (?) times -although that’s rather boring. :D

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 19:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Yeah the shit well and truly hit the fan with that, thankfully he's took down all the Bo Rhap stuff off his instagram and distanced himself but the damage is done so not sure what their chances of an Oscar are, doubt the movie has a chance but hopefully Rami might still be in the running.

The movie never had a chance of an Oscar as Best Picture. Not in America. Rami maybe.

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 19:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

The movie never had a chance of an Oscar as Best Picture. Not in America. Rami maybe.

Yeah I wasn't really expecting it to win anyway tbh but the Singer thing has definitely brought some negative attention.

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 20:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Sealion wrote:

Yeah I wasn't really expecting it to win anyway tbh but the Singer thing has definitely brought some negative attention.

The revenge of the critics-
many wanted the movie to fail and criticized it. Nevertheless, the fans decided with their feet and made it a hit. Now the sulking critics hit back.

That’s how it has always been with Queen. ;)

But nobody outside of America really cares about the Singer thing anyway.

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 20:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

many wanted the movie to fail and criticized it. Nevertheless, the fans decided with their feet and made it a hit. Now the sulking critics hit back.

Yeah that's true they do seem to love trying to pull Queen down but the fans never took any notice then and they aren't now either. I never thought it would be as successful as it has been so whether they win awards or not it must feel good to have the public loving it so much.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 20:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

At least Brian May had the guts and decency to apologise for some thing he said in haste. Singer is playing woe is me, which I can't stand.
I was surprised it won two Golden Globe awards, simply because it was the kind of movie it was. And what is was about.
But some are calling for the Oscars to take back the nominations for the movie. I think it has very little chance to win, but I could be wrong.
It's a shame in many ways.

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 20:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockchic What the hell was that first clip you posted, Adam Lambert looking like some transgendered love child of Eddie Izzard with that long red dress cape and feminine stiletto boots, Now do you see why us Queen fans are so embarrassed that Lambert has made a once heavy rock band into a band that is even more freaky than the rocky horror picture show!
I could not possibly watch more than 10 seconds and i felt physically sick.
May & Taylor have lost the plot letting that take over from the magnificent Freddie Mercury.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 20:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

ForFreddie wrote:

LOL: Your favorite topic - Adam messed up the lyrics of BoRhap 3 times. How often did we discuss that?

Maybe we should start to discuss, how often Freddie fucked up Radio Gaga? And it was fun, when he did, because it was special !
You know, we can stay positive and talk about, how much fun we have at the gigs. Or that Adam as a guest was able to sing the lyrics correctly the other 190 (?) times -although that’s rather boring. :D

Since someone asked about it, I decided to answer. What message boards are for ;-).
Yes, Freddie messed up, I've never denied it. It struck me as very odd ...and still does... out of all the songs AL sang with Brian and Roger for years, it was Bohemian Rhapsody that he messed up. I wish he explained why it happened actually. Nervous? A few off nights? Something technical went wrong?

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 20:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

At least Brian May had the guts and decency to apologise for some thing he said in haste. Singer is playing woe is me, which I can't stand.
I was surprised it won two Golden Globe awards, simply because it was the kind of movie it was. And what is was about.
But some are calling for the Oscars to take back the nominations for the movie. I think it has very little chance to win, but I could be wrong.
It's a shame in many ways.

Yeah that was a total shitstorm on Bri's instagram, really couldn't believe some of the comments, really nasty but I think it's mostly blown over now since he apologized.

Yeah it's a shame the movie and anyone connected with it is getting caught up in the backlash, really surprised that they've said they won't fire Singer from the movie he's working on at the moment, it doesn't appear to have started filming even yet but they aren't firing him so they can expect the same to happen when that gets released.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 20:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Sealion wrote:

Too bad the critics were right about this shameful homophobic and insulting flick. Nothing to do with lameturd though

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 20:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

INFUSE wrote:

Rockchic What the hell was that first clip you posted, Adam Lambert looking like some transgendered love child of Eddie Izzard with that long red dress cape and feminine stiletto boots, Now do you see why us Queen fans are so embarrassed that Lambert has made a once heavy rock band into a band that is even more freaky than the rocky horror picture show!
I could not possibly watch more than 10 seconds and i felt physically sick.
May & Taylor have lost the plot letting that take over from the magnificent Freddie Mercury.

Gerry, you‘ve seen these videos before. Why do you always punish yourself, if they make you sick? That’s such a dumb behavior...LOL

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts

Posted: 27 Jan 19, 20:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sweetcaroline Marc Martel is a Freddie impersonation artist so yeah he has to sing Queen music.
Adam Lambert could have a solo career but it went flop so he stops with Queen and sings Queen songs for a living with the real band.
Both feed on Queen for a living and both not original.