Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > adam lambert

forum rss feed
Author

Inspired user not visiting Queenzone.com
Inspired
Deity: 2190 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 18:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

VH I have no problem with anyone who is gay or otherwise what i do have a problem with is a singer that is making a living out of the Queen back catalogue and making it sound trashy and in a
West end musical style performances on some of Queen's giant rock and roll anthems Lambert style is atrocious.
Yes i also hate the way he dressed the tattoos and the over excessive camp effeminate homosexual persona that he makes very prominent in every performance, he does not have to try because every one knows he is a nellie, but his singing voice is thin, sharp and strong but also irritating to the point of annoying and shattering those brilliant Queen songs some written by Freddie.
There hope that puts everything in a nut shell for you and hope you can manage to read my very bad grammar that you say i have.

Attachment: 201812111365232859.jpg 72 KB
This has been downloaded 5 time(s).

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3903 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 18:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam is out and proud and I believe, while Freddie wore some outrageous outfits on stage, he did not admit publicly to being gay.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Also, Adam does not push the gay thing in every performance, only in Killer Queen.

I think a few people in this forum need to see a live show before spouting such stone cold totally wrong opinions.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Also, Adam does not push the gay thing in every performance, only in Killer Queen.

I think a few people in this forum need to see a live show before spouting such stone cold totally wrong opinions.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 18:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Adam is out and proud and I believe, while Freddie wore some outrageous outfits on stage, he did not admit publicly to being gay.

Freddie was Freddie, at times with the 'outrageous' costumes and he loved what he loved and who he loved. Labels don't matter.
Then again, Lambert said in an interview/article that he doesn't know how in the closet Freddie actually was, then he soon turned around stated that he thinks Freddie was bisexual.You are the one who actually linked to that very interview and article on QOL.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

“The pic below shows Lambert is just obsessed with his homosexuality.”

..... and so are YOU !!!!!

You are obviously not a Freddie fan if you are bashing homosexuality! I recall him performing in feathers! LOL

Yes, Freddie had feathers as a part of costume/s What does ' performing in feathers' have to do with Freddie's sexuality?
Nothing, that's what.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1731 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr Wight wrote:

VH You are deluded saying Lambert hardly uses make up because Adam Lambert is all about over the top make up homosexuality/ transgender freakiness.
May & Taylor have become desperate taking Lambert on board just to get back in the limelight.
The pic below shows Lambert is just obsessed with his homosexuality.

That pic is from 2010, he doesn't look like that now and even if he did so what, he can wear what he likes be it clothes or make up, he doesn't have to answer to anyone for how he chooses to look. Simple answer don't like it don't watch. May & Taylor love him to bits so what you and a few other haters think doesn't really matter in the scheme of things thankfully.

Inspired

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 20:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

May & Taylor are two desperate guys in there 70s and will go along what the nancy boy wants and sometimes i honestly think they have forgotten what Queen stood for.
Dementia is setting in with those two jokers now and time to stop abusing what was such an enigma in the rock world 30 years ago.

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 430 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 20:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr Wight wrote:

Yes i also hate the way he dressed the tattoos and the over excessive camp effeminate homosexual persona that he makes very prominent in every performance, he does not have to try because every one knows he is a nellie, but his singing voice is thin, sharp and strong but also irritating to the point of annoying and shattering those brilliant Queen songs some written by Freddie.

You sound like the harshest tabloid scribblers, that harassed Freddie back in the days. You’re not better than any of them.

Mr Wight wrote:
May & Taylor are two desperate guys in there 70s and will go along what the nancy boy wants and sometimes i honestly think they have forgotten what Queen stood for.
Dementia is setting in with those two jokers now and time to stop abusing what was such an enigma in the rock world 30 years ago.

You are an embarrassment for every real Queen fan. You’re only still here, because there is no active moderator on this forum

You have every right to have your own opinion.
But you are as capable of a civil discussion as a five year old bully in kindergarten.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 20:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So if feathers don't have much to do with Freddie's sexuality and performing in them was ok, then what does make up or Adam's glitzy outfits have to do with his sexuality? Whatever is good for the goose if good for the gander. Elvis had some of the most outrageous "onesies with bell bottoms" out there and no one ever made a big deal of his sexuality. Adam laughs at his gay "pink" suit as it is part of the tongue in cheek section of the show. Just like Freddie with some of his eclectic outfits. Adam certainly doesn't show up to affairs in pink, but even if he did, so what?? They are entertainers and the costuming to fit with each part of the show makes it a show! It is fun to see Brian and Adam in matching gold and Brian with bat wings on his cape (kind of), or maiching red black silver, when Brian had that cool long coat with guitars on it. It is all part and parcel of the show, but of course, Freddie was organic and creative and ORIGINAL and poor Adam is contrived and a wannabee! So tired of that same old crap! People aren't paying thousands of dollars to see a wanabee show.

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 430 posts

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 21:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would suggest to let the topic about Lambert’s appearance drop. Mr.Wrong is trolling again and will go on with his insults towards Mr. Lambert. The runner will chime in from time to time.

We should stop feeding the trolls and this embarrassing discussion.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 21:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

So if feathers don't have much to do with Freddie's sexuality and performing in them was ok, then what does make up or Adam's glitzy outfits have to do with his sexuality? Whatever is good for the goose if good for the gander. Elvis had some of the most outrageous "onesies with bell bottoms" out there and no one ever made a big deal of his sexuality. Adam laughs at his gay "pink" suit as it is part of the tongue in cheek section of the show. Just like Freddie with some of his eclectic outfits. Adam certainly doesn't show up to affairs in pink, but even if he did, so what?? They are entertainers and the costuming to fit with each part of the show makes it a show! It is fun to see Brian and Adam in matching gold and Brian with bat wings on his cape (kind of), or maiching red black silver, when Brian had that cool long coat with guitars on it. It is all part and parcel of the show, but of course, Freddie was organic and creative and ORIGINAL and poor Adam is contrived and a wannabee! So tired of that same old crap! People aren't paying thousands of dollars to see a wanabee show.

Feathers have nothing to do with Freddie's or anyone's sexuality, that's the point. Need I point AL had costumes with feathers too?
Yes, Freddie was original. What he did, along with some other artists of the time, it was pretty new, exciting, take the Zandra Rhodes costumes as an example. There's nothing new about a bedazzled pink suit.
Both Freddie and AL had/have fun with outfits, costumes, fashion, I know that. The thing that AL wears that I have much to say about is actually the coronet. That's because I think it's a cheap copy of what Freddie did.

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 21:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is part of the regalia of Queen. Crowns, coronets, capes go with Queen as does the color gold, which features prominently in staging and attire. Why should they have to give up the symbols when their name is still Queen albeit a plus. Brian and Roger are still Queen and they can keep those symbols alive if that is what they want to do. People recognize those things as Queen and it should continue.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 11 Dec 18, 22:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

It is part of the regalia of Queen. Crowns, coronets, capes go with Queen as does the color gold, which features prominently in staging and attire. Why should they have to give up the symbols when their name is still Queen albeit a plus. Brian and Roger are still Queen and they can keep those symbols alive if that is what they want to do. People recognize those things as Queen and it should continue.

Yes, it goes with Queen. However here's the thing...Q+AL isn't Queen of course. Would you want someone else to take and use the symbols ( example evil eye ) AL has used in his solo career for something else to be used elsewhere, genuine question?
On second thought nevermind. I know you are entitled enough anyways.

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 01:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is still Queen and all their symbols because Roger and Brian are QUEEN. Try to tell them that they are not Queen and entitled to do what they want with symbols associated with their band. I bet you would get an earful!! Maybe you might listen for a change. What does this have to do with being entitled, to what? You are always yapping about entitled and being jealous and wanting one's way, none of which makes the least bit of sense to me. It is a band and I have zero to do with it in any way, their decisions, the ticket sales, their promotions, or their agendas. That is really nuts. They are a band, not my best buddy so none of those things come into play, maybe if I was 12. You really take this stuff personally.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 01:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

It is still Queen and all their symbols because Roger and Brian are QUEEN. Try to tell them that they are not Queen and entitled to do what they want with symbols associated with their band. I bet you would get an earful!! Maybe you might listen for a change. What does this have to do with being entitled, to what? You are always yapping about entitled and being jealous and wanting one's way, none of which makes the least bit of sense to me. It is a band and I have zero to do with it in any way, their decisions, the ticket sales, their promotions, or their agendas. That is really nuts. They are a band, not my best buddy so none of those things come into play, maybe if I was 12. You really take this stuff personally.

No, it's not still Queen. How can it be Queen without Freddie and John? At best it's two former members of Queen. That still doesn't make Q+AL as Queen, no matter how much you think it is.
Why should I tell them what to do? I'm not that type to tweet or message celebrities or people in the public eye I don't agree with.. I will air my POVs on Queen boards, even if you don't like it. Well, it's clear you don't like it, even Freddie being mentioned bothers you. Yes, you are entitled and selfish. You want as much as AL as possible, that's what it really comes down to.
I take things personally you say. You are the one who has the ax to grind about me, even Holly is able to see that much. You make things personal, don't try to deny it, because it's in your posts. Debbie Downer, my life must be misery, anything you can think of to throw crap at me. You know how some people think Runner and Mr Right are out of line in what they post? You aren't that much different, but you think you are better than most other people here. You aren't, because you do more than your fair share of shit stirring and shit throwing.
At least I can own the shit I do and what I have done instead of deflecting and raging on. .

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 04:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Maiden was still Iron Maiden after they replaced their singer, they didn't suddenly become a new entity and have to change their name. Lots of bands change members for any number of reasons and they still remain who they were originally. Brian and Roger still play their music (it wasn't all written by Freddie) and I am sure they would be surprised to hear they weren't Queen. Freddie is gone so unless he is singling at the Pearly Gates, and they needed a new singer. John obviously wants no part of this, but Brian and Roger obviously do and they are still touring as Queen. Good for them! I see no downside whatsoever to this. I don't get the I want as much Adam as possible. Who is going to sing if not Adam? There is no other choice. Brian and Roger love him and concert goers really like him. How am I being entitled and selfish? That is really a stupid statement, just like saying Queen is not Queen. It is Queen and someone else and it is a marvelous thing, IMHO. It is much better than having no Queen performing and I don't understand why you would prefer that. Most people are living their lives not giving Freddie a thought. It is only in your mind that he plays such a huge part of your life. People want to go and hear Queen's music and many don't care a fig as to who is singing as long as it is good and they are enjoying it. That is what is important.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1658 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 05:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Freddie was organic and creative and ORIGINAL and poor Adam is contrived and a wannabee!

At least you finally recognize. Very well said. Thanks a lot

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 05:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

snifflese wrote:

Freddie was organic and creative and ORIGINAL and poor Adam is contrived and a wannabee!

At least you finally recognize. Very well said. Thanks a lot

She will never recognize that. She was being condescending.

Inspired

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 10:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I f you Lambert nutters on here want all the bitching to stop then go on another site specifically for Lambert fans and stop clogging Queenzone up with rants and rows over a nobody who has never ever written a decent song .