Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > adam lambert

forum rss feed
Author

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2439 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 19:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline Adam has been with a lot of record companies and dismissed which is not a good advert for other record companies.
Seems no one is interested in him at all.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 19:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

His lame dance crap performed by a ladyboy a screeching goat's voice is not a good advertisement at all. Luckily he has two pensioners who think he is a gift from God. They clearly mixed up "God" with "Devil"

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 19:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He wasn't dismissed. He walked away over differences of opinions. Adam is his own man and decides what he would like to do. I think that takes a lot of integrity to walk away from a big label. You have to truly believe in yourself. You sure are a Queen fan, runner, calling the fabulous Brian and Roger two pensioners (who are just after money, which you have stated before). Is there anybody you don't have something negative to say about? I think in all your 1459 posts, almost all have been either nasty or negative. What a legacy you are leaving behind you!!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3857 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 19:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Adam had a twitter party and announced his new music is done and being mixed/mastered and due to be released in Spring. Also said the biz side is finalized and first single decided on.

Did he say anything about a new record company?

Not yet just that the biz deal is finally done, maybe we'll find out about the record label etc when interviews get put out nearer the time. He may be doing some in advance now as he's still in London.

I didn't realize he was still in London.
Do you think he could go independent with his new music?

Yeah he was there for his birthday and doing a photo shoot the day after with Brian & Roger so must be QAL related but someone asked if he was in the air during the twitter party and he said he's still in London. Shosh was answering a couple of fans about him being in London and the cold/snow so seems she's with him which would tie in with interviews or photo shoots.

Phil McIntyre was the Jonas Bros and Demi Lovato's manager and he teamed up with Demi and Nick Jonas to form the Safehouse record label. People were speculating Adam might go with them due to being with Philly Mack management and the fact they're a small label who's ethos is letting the artist decide what they want to do rather than how the big labels run things.

I suppose he could go independent, he's got money behind him now if he want's to do that and with streaming it's made it easier for artists to just put music out like that but my personal guess is he'll go with a label.

No one knows when he parted from WB, right? Has it been a year yet?
I do think he could go the independent route.

Miracle.

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 19:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sniflese If Adam walked away from the record companies over "differences" then word will get around that he is trouble and difficult to work with.
He seems to leave a lot of labels how very odd !
Not surprised nobody wants to sign him he must be very arrogant wanting his own way over issues.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 20:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't understand this about AL. He left rca because they wanted him to do an album of 80s covers, which he didn't want to do.
But he has been singing Queen songs for years now with Brian and Roger...I guess the money is better with the latter.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1950 posts

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 20:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I can't understand this about AL. He left rca because they wanted him to do an album of 80s covers, which he didn't want to do.
But he has been singing Queen songs for years now with Brian and Roger...I guess the money is better with the latter.

I think there's a massive difference between singing Queen songs live on tour, singing live is the thing he loves to do most and one of the reasons to record albums in the first place (a means to an end) and being told to record an album of cover songs, especially a genre you have no interest in singing whatsoever (80's new wave). He left with no animosity and I don't blame him for refusing to do something that just didn't resonate with him. At least with Queen music it's something he loves to sing and he enjoys being with Brian & Roger and I imagine with the rest of the guys on stage, they all seem to get on together.

Going by when I think he left Warner I'd say around March/April will be 12 months so that would tie in with a spring release.

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 20:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QUEEN3 wrote:

Sniflese If Adam walked away from the record companies over "differences" then word will get around that he is trouble and difficult to work with.
He seems to leave a lot of labels how very odd !
Not surprised nobody wants to sign him he must be very arrogant wanting his own way over issues.

He left RCA and we know he's no longer with Warner but no idea if he left or was dropped from that one, guess we'll find out when he's free to talk about it. That's only two labels so not a lot and lots of artists change labels,far more than Adam has.

No idea why not wanting to do an 80's new wave cover album would mean he's arrogant, he's never been called difficult to work with by anyone but he is very sure of what he wants and isn't afraid to speak his mind if something isn't working for him. That's not being arrogant that's business and I'm sure a company wouldn't take that personally.

Would you think Freddie should have been willing to just go along with anything the record company suggested rather than say it wasn't what he was interested in and even walk away if the label wouldn't budge?

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 20:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I think there's a massive difference between singing Queen songs live on tour, singing live is the thing he loves to do most and one of the reasons to record albums in the first place (a means to an end) and being told to record an album of cover songs, especially a genre you have no interest in singing whatsoever (80's new wave). He left with no animosity and I don't blame him for refusing to do something that just didn't resonate with him. At least with Queen music it's something he loves to sing and he enjoys being with Brian & Roger and I imagine with the rest of the guys on stage, they all seem to get on together.

Going by when I think he left Warner I'd say around March/April will be 12 months so that would tie in with a spring release.

I hope he will be open about what happened with WB.
I'm sure if he did the album of covers he could have performed those songs live.
So he's pushing the new music. Did he say anything about the genre during the Twitter party?

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 20:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I'm sure if he did the album of covers he could have performed those songs live.
So he's pushing the new music. Did he say anything about the genre during the Twitter party?

He didn't mention the genre or style of music but he did a few weeks ago on his live instagram and it was pretty much what he's been saying for a while, live instruments, not electronic and a mixture of styles, some ballads, some rock etc but done fusion style to update it (whatever that means).

He would have been able to tour if he'd done a cover album but it would be singing music he had zero interest in and tbh I've no idea why they would think 80's new wave a good fit, it's pretty dull sounding monotone music that requires very little range so completely opposite of what Adam would normally sing. IMO he'd have been bored witless by the third show so I can see why he said no. Even back on Idol the musical arranger said he could only sing things he felt something for, they had to connect and resonate with him in some way.

I'm sure he'll eventually say what happened with Warner, or as much as he dare.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 21:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

He didn't mention the genre or style of music but he did a few weeks ago on his live instagram and it was pretty much what he's been saying for a while, live instruments, not electronic and a mixture of styles, some ballads, some rock etc but done fusion style to update it (whatever that means).

He would have been able to tour if he'd done a cover album but it would be singing music he had zero interest in and tbh I've no idea why they would think 80's new wave a good fit, it's pretty dull sounding monotone music that requires very little range so completely opposite of what Adam would normally sing. IMO he'd have been bored witless by the third show so I can see why he said no. Even back on Idol the musical arranger said he could only sing things he felt something for, they had to connect and resonate with him in some way.

I'm sure he'll eventually say what happened with Warner, or as much as he dare.

I just read his Twitter party. Something that makes me pause for thought, he didn't mention an album, but new music. All the more reason he could go independent.

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 21:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

I just read his Twitter party. Something that makes me pause for thought, he didn't mention an album, but new music. All the more reason he could go independent.

He didn't specify an album but someone asked him if we would hear new music from the playmobil movie before his album and he said his own music first and didn't correct them about the album part. It could be that he didn't want to say, no way to know for sure.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 21:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

He didn't specify an album but someone asked him if we would hear new music from the playmobil movie before his album and he said his own music first and didn't correct them about the album part. It could be that he didn't want to say, no way to know for sure.

Cryptic AL ;-)

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 21:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Cryptic AL ;-)

Yep that's Adam, he only tweeted a hashtag TMTTM the other night and it got picked up by media speculating he was teasing new music, turned out he was drunk and it was about Tequila!!

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 01 Feb 19, 22:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

rockchic65 wrote:

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Cryptic AL ;-)

Yep that's Adam, he only tweeted a hashtag TMTTM the other night and it got picked up by media speculating he was teasing new music, turned out he was drunk and it was about Tequila!!

Holy shit LOL. That's actually brilliant. xD

Miracle.

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 09:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh my god another record company "Bites the Dust" with Lambert's limp albums !

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 11:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QUEEN3 wrote:

Oh my god another record company "Bites the Dust" with Lambert's limp albums !

What record company?

Miracle.

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 12:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Warner Bros !
To me Adam seems a difficult person to deal with and yes Freddie had many rows with EMI over the years but they never walked away they sorted there differences out.

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 13:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QUEEN3 wrote:

Warner Bros !
To me Adam seems a difficult person to deal with and yes Freddie had many rows with EMI over the years but they never walked away they sorted there differences out.

You said that like it was yet another one when it's the one we already know about. I doubt he's difficult to deal with but he has his own ideas on things and is sure of what he wants. There's no way to know why he left or was dropped from Warner so it's pointless to speculate if he was being difficult, there could be any number of reasons for the split.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1110 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 14:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think there are sometimes restrictions in place about things like leaving a co. Adam has talked for months about business and how difficult it sometimes is to deal with everything concerning record companies, etc. He may very well not be able to chronicle what went on with Warner and TBH, I don't think artists need to share every little detail. I know you are in favor of that, Icy, as you often want him or QAL to explain decisions. I don't think they should and often, they can't. It is like Adamtopia, TMI! I wouldn't want to explain my every thought or move and we should also give artists and figureheads that benefit also. If he does, that is fine, but who knows?

I also have read that Adam is very easy to work with. No one ever says what a diva or anything negative about him in that regard. BUT a person has to take a stand if it is something they don't feel comfortable with. I applaud people like that. You can say no in a gracious way and the other entity you are dealing with accepts that, or you break up the partnership. That is the way the world works, just don't burn the bridges behind you and I don't believe Adam does that. Lots of artists leave record co and switch things up during the course of a career. People's perspectives change. Nothing wrong with that.