Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > adam lambert

forum rss feed
Author

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1098 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 21:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey Icy! Everyone likes something different. I also really loved Save Me and Love Kills was excellent. IWBTLY is another favorite. I guess I would have him singing mostly ballads by the look of my song selections, but I do gravitate towards those!! I did Really like Fever, Evil in the night, and Pop that Lock if I am going for faster ones!

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3847 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 22:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Hey Icy! Everyone likes something different. I also really loved Save Me and Love Kills was excellent. IWBTLY is another favorite. I guess I would have him singing mostly ballads by the look of my song selections, but I do gravitate towards those!! I did Really like Fever, Evil in the night, and Pop that Lock if I am going for faster ones!

EITN is one of my favorites for sure. I was hoping it would have been a single.

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 22:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i like all my Queen songs sung by the right man - Freddie.

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 22:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Me too! I also like The Light, which I was thinking about while washing dishes. That was quite catchy. If I really ponder, I do like someof Adam's songs, but not the ones that were released. I don't like "What do you want from me' much at all. Funny thing, my son who is 34 heard this (20's then) and thought that one would be a hit. Me, not so much!! You just never know what will catch people's fancy, but I didn't agree much with the label who released the ones they did! I really liked Ghost Town since it was so different and had this cool vibe, but it was a hard one to sing live as there was so much musical filler.What does the singer do while that background music played without him singing? Too much of it for a live performance. It worked better on the CD. I am really curious to hear Adam's new music. I do hope it is very different than the previous CD's (although I enjoyed everyone of them - but no big hit!)! We will see!!!

The Circle of Eidolon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 107 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 23:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QUEEN3 wrote:

Ask yourself then, what happens when you reach the third song on the album A Night At The Opera or the third song on A Day At The Races and so on.

If they are your Queen songs, then they must be everyone else's song's too. If this is the case everyone's views of what they should and shouldn't do will be different.

You are not the person who can judge others. Have your own views, but don't push those views on others

Limit yourself by what you think or believe, but know you'll free yourself if you open your mind. Learn what will.

The Circle of Eidolon has spoken

The Circle of Eidolon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 107 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 23:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Circle of Eidolon wrote:

QUEEN3 wrote:

Ask yourself then, what happens when you reach the third song on the album A Night At The Opera or the third song on A Day At The Races and so on.

If they are your Queen songs, then they must be everyone else's song's too. If this is the case everyone's views of what they should and shouldn't do will be different.

You are not the person who can judge others. Have your own views, but don't push those views on others

Limit yourself by what you think or believe, but know you'll free yourself if you open your mind. Learn what you will.

The Circle of Eidolon has spoken

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 23:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:
, WWTLF (and I know everyone here will hate me, but that is his best Queen song and I love his version - I am being honest with you). No, I don't care what he sings. I just love the voice!!

I hated you b4 as you are completely delusional but now i hate you even more for saying Lameturds version of wwtlf is better than the original. What drugs are you taking???

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 02 Feb 19, 23:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Me too! I also like The Light, which I was thinking about while washing dishes. That was quite catchy. If I really ponder, I do like someof Adam's songs, but not the ones that were released. I don't like "What do you want from me' much at all. Funny thing, my son who is 34 heard this (20's then) and thought that one would be a hit. Me, not so much!! You just never know what will catch people's fancy, but I didn't agree much with the label who released the ones they did! I really liked Ghost Town since it was so different and had this cool vibe, but it was a hard one to sing live as there was so much musical filler.What does the singer do while that background music played without him singing? Too much of it for a live performance. It worked better on the CD. I am really curious to hear Adam's new music. I do hope it is very different than the previous CD's (although I enjoyed everyone of them - but no big hit!)! We will see!!!

I usually don't get into this sort of thing about AL, but I was shocked WWFM wasn't massive for him. I love that song, no lie, it's dark which I really like. It's probably the AL song I most identify with. I did then, and I still do.
Ghost Town is another good one.
I don't know what to expect from his new music. I'd love it if he branched out genre wise. The clubby, EDM thing has been done to death, and I don't mean with just AL.
New music soon. I'm actullay not expecting an album, just singles. Man, it's something to know how much things have changed music industry wise in the last few years.

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 00:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well as long as music comes out (from everybody, not just Adam), it will be good. In some ways you used to put out an album and maybe you only liked 6 out of the 12. I supposed if you release one song at a time, you wouldn't buy the ones you didn't like. But then again, you couldn't do this until Itunes and now streaming. It is amazing the changes that have been made in my life. The most surreal one for me is Face timing on the Ipad. My son is stationed overseas and it is unreal that I can chat with him and see him. Makes being away not half as bad as before when you might just get a letter, or if you were really lucky, a phone call. My husband could be deployed 9 mos at a time and one or two phone calls during that time was just so exciting and special. I digress, but this face timing reminds me of the Jetson's cartoons where they could see the face of the person on the monitor. Or Star Trek when they chatted with people far away on the monitor, like they do in conference calls nowadays. I would never have imagined anything like this in the 1960's. It was truly science fiction! Now if they could just beam me up, Scotty, to somewhere really neat and nice and warm!!

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 00:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I also hate EDM for the most part. That just doesn't resonate with me at all. I would like real music like Queen, maybe a bluesy side or more rock, lots of instrumentation that doesn't cover up his voice. I would like it to be more voice centric. Some of the songs were just too busy., anything but some of the stuff that he has done. I esp would like something more on the HAC or classical side. That would be awesome. I really have no idea of what he might do!

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4168 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 04:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Way back in album #1, my son picked out “Broken Open” as special and different, but it probably wouldn’t have appealed to the masses.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 05:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I also hate EDM for the most part. That just doesn't resonate with me at all. I would like real music like Queen, maybe a bluesy side or more rock, lots of instrumentation that doesn't cover up his voice. I would like it to be more voice centric. Some of the songs were just too busy., anything but some of the stuff that he has done. I esp would like something more on the HAC or classical side. That would be awesome. I really have no idea of what he might do!

I used to love EDM and dance music. I think of what GaGa has managed to do in her career, it's actually impressive.
I just don't like it when it seemed in my opinion that AL followed trends. Hopefully his new music will be at least somewhat different than other things he has done on other albums.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 05:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Way back in album #1, my son picked out “Broken Open” as special and different, but it probably wouldn’t have appealed to the masses.

Why don't you get your son to post here, or something?
What is your own thoughts about Broken Open? It's not one of my favorites.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2088 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 06:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I also hate EDM for the most part. !

Then you should hate most of Lamebirds crappy "music". But it finally shows that you have a crush on the ladyboy and are not into his music at all. I cannot blame you as it sucks as we all know

Miracle.

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 08:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Circle of Eidolon : Please do not come on here pushing your fucking views on to me either you stupid fuck wit,

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4168 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 13:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My favorites from Adam’s first album were Aftermath and Broken Open but my choices are not what are picked for singles. I would have picked The Original High and The Light for singles from his last album.

I would never have chosen WWFM for a single and to be nominated for a Grammy.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 13:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

My favorites from Adam’s first album were Aftermath and Broken Open but my choices are not what are picked for singles. I would have picked The Original High and The Light for singles from his last album.

I would never have chosen WWFM for a single and to be nominated for a Grammy.

Thing is, it wasn't your choice to begin with as to what was released or not. Sure, I would have have loved if EITN was released as a single, but what happened, happened.
You have too many chips on your shoulders about many things that has happened...or didn't even happen... in AL's career. So much so, I can see you turning on Brian and Roger once Q+AL is over with.

Miracle.

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline Rockchic, Sniflese, all obsessed with Adam but will they still be when the shows are over and ts getting closer !

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 14:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The thing is, Icy, that unless you are the first person to start a trend, you pretty much have to follow it. It can't be music that is out of left field for the most part. You follow the different decades and one or another type of music has dominated and unless you do heavy rock or metal, or grunge, or EDM or hip hop, your stuff isn't going to be listened to by the masses that decade. They will find it too different. Adam is kind of unusual in that a CD can have several types of music on it. Many people have said that. " He needs to stick to one type of music and record only that." He hasn't done that and it might have hurt him, but that is one of the things I really like. The first CD had all sorts of different genres on it and that was my favorite one.

Of course we will really like Adam's music after the concert. Why would you even say that? Caroline and I have been fans since Idol and rockchic for quite a while also. I think we have all seen one concert at least in each QAL tour. We are pretty much fans for life! Just like I have been a Queen fan for life. I was just thinking. Queen's music has so many kinds of songs on an album and that might also be a reason I love them so much. I have had albums were you can't tell one song from the other as they are all too similar. So many artists do that now and I don't find it appealing. Maybe that is one of the reasons I love both Queen and Adam! They are a little more diverse.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2708 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 14:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QUEEN3 wrote:

The Circle of Eidolon : Please do not come on here pushing your fucking views on to me either you stupid fuck wit,

You are an idiot. I've been reading circle of eidolon's posts and no where on this site has he name called anyone.

What he appears to do is ask people to step back take a look at what they think and look at a broader picture. You on the other hand faced with something you're incapable of countering ( I take it you know what that means) just rely on name calling.

I'd really like to here eidolon's views on your reply. . . .