Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > adam lambert

forum rss feed
Author

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 4168 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 14:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese, yes that is why Adam has been such a good fit for Queen. They both incorporated various genres in their albums. Adam will always perform a variety of music because he is not boring.

I don’t get the notion that you can’t be a devoted fan of more than one person or group. I’m going to see a Jeff Glynne’s ELO concert this summer two weeks before the QAL concert. If Adam tours a new album in the future, I hope it will be within driving distance of my home. So far I haven’t flown to see a show although I wanted to go back to Vegas last year for the QAL residency.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3847 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 14:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

The thing is, Icy, that unless you are the first person to start a trend, you pretty much have to follow it. It can't be music that is out of left field for the most part. You follow the different decades and one or another type of music has dominated and unless you do heavy rock or metal, or grunge, or EDM or hip hop, your stuff isn't going to be listened to by the masses that decade. They will find it too different. Adam is kind of unusual in that a CD can have several types of music on it. Many people have said that. " He needs to stick to one type of music and record only that." He hasn't done that and it might have hurt him, but that is one of the things I really like. The first CD had all sorts of different genres on it and that was my favorite one.

Of course we will really like Adam's music after the concert. Why would you even say that? Caroline and I have been fans since Idol and rockchic for quite a while also. I think we have all seen one concert at least in each QAL tour. We are pretty much fans for life! Just like I have been a Queen fan for life. I was just thinking. Queen's music has so many kinds of songs on an album and that might also be a reason I love them so much. I have had albums were you can't tell one song from the other as they are all too similar. So many artists do that now and I don't find it appealing. Maybe that is one of the reasons I love both Queen and Adam! They are a little more diverse.

I really hope AL has done what he has done so far in his solo career, it's because it's what he wanted to do. Not because of what was trendy.
I really like how Queen did many genres in their career, to me they were...and remain very original. No pun intended ;-). But pretty amazing what and how the guys came up with what they did.
I almost wish AL had a band to write and record with. He did say live instruments, so that could be a good thing.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 15:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

snifflese, yes that is why Adam has been such a good fit for Queen. They both incorporated various genres in their albums. Adam will always perform a variety of music because he is not boring.

I don’t get the notion that you can’t be a devoted fan of more than one person or group. I’m going to see a Jeff Glynne’s ELO concert this summer two weeks before the QAL concert. If Adam tours a new album in the future, I hope it will be within driving distance of my home. So far I haven’t flown to see a show although I wanted to go back to Vegas last year for the QAL residency.

AL is nowhere in the league Queen was genre wise, sorry not sorry. I doubt AL could write a rockabilly song like CLTCL, or a rocker like SCC. Or a ballad like Save Me. I actually don't think he would be singing songs of that nature if not for Brian and Roger. It would be the pop and EDM music, I think going by his three albums.
A part of me thinks AL will be known more for singing other people's music than his own music. IMO, he has limited himself by not being able to play an instrument and focusing so much on Q+AL.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1098 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 15:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He may well be remembered for singing other people's music. But as I told you yesterday, that is fine with me. I just love to listen to his voice no matter what he sings. Some of the great singers have sung other's music, esp. in the classical area. Singing is Adams forte. He isn't much of a writer, although his ideas may be good but he needs others to craft it into a song. I would have no knowledge of that, but I do think he is creative. He isn't a musician and that makes writing music pretty difficult also. There are writers who are not good enough to sing their own music, musicians that can't sing and singers like Adam who don't really write music and don't play an instrument, but that one person can be a one of a kind writer, singer or musician and we will just have to be satisfied with that. They can't all be Freddie's who could do all of the above, otherwise he wouldn't be one of a kind!

I think anyone would have to be a fool to not work with Roger and Brian. Adam is a singer who lives to perform. That is his innermost being and he excels at that. His live performances are so much better than the recorded CD's and that hardly ever happens nowadays. Playing Queen's music with all the pomp and circumstance, the musicianship of Brian and Roger, the fabulous catalog to sing. That has to be a singer's pig heaven!! I don't know how anyone would not choose to do this if they were capable because it is a very tough job and Adam loves challenges! I think he may also be a late bloomer. There could be a hit out there in his future and sometimes all it takes is one big song. Then too, I am not giving up on Broadway. He would love to do a new show written with him in mind. I saw those gentlemen in the Kennedy Center who were honored for their writing Hamilton. They were grinning and practically salivating when they watched him sing. Maybe something will be written for him. It will be interesting to see. I doubt he will ever be sorry he worked with Brian and Roger as it is a chance in a lifetime.

Miracle. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miracle.
Deity: 2435 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 15:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal Harmony You are a right one slagging me off because you go around this fucking site slagging other people off on a daily basis.
Your a two faced dirty little slag fuck you.

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 16:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When you have to have than many swear words in such a short post, there is a problem!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 16:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese, agree with you 100%. When Adam sings live he brings his own recorded music to a new level. “After Hours” is one of those songs. On his last solo tour he had the audience swooning with that song, one that probably was never considered as a single.

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I loved After Hours! So much better live than recorded! They seem to take the life out of Adam's voice and use far too much instrumentation on recordings. At a concert he just feels the song and can let it soar.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 16:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, and that’s also why when skeptical fans go to a QAL concert, they say they are surprised and stunned by those live performances.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 18:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

He may well be remembered for singing other people's music. But as I told you yesterday, that is fine with me. I just love to listen to his voice no matter what he sings. Some of the great singers have sung other's music, esp. in the classical area. Singing is Adams forte. He isn't much of a writer, although his ideas may be good but he needs others to craft it into a song. I would have no knowledge of that, but I do think he is creative. He isn't a musician and that makes writing music pretty difficult also. There are writers who are not good enough to sing their own music, musicians that can't sing and singers like Adam who don't really write music and don't play an instrument, but that one person can be a one of a kind writer, singer or musician and we will just have to be satisfied with that. They can't all be Freddie's who could do all of the above, otherwise he wouldn't be one of a kind!

I think anyone would have to be a fool to not work with Roger and Brian. Adam is a singer who lives to perform. That is his innermost being and he excels at that. His live performances are so much better than the recorded CD's and that hardly ever happens nowadays. Playing Queen's music with all the pomp and circumstance, the musicianship of Brian and Roger, the fabulous catalog to sing. That has to be a singer's pig heaven!! I don't know how anyone would not choose to do this if they were capable because it is a very tough job and Adam loves challenges! I think he may also be a late bloomer. There could be a hit out there in his future and sometimes all it takes is one big song. Then too, I am not giving up on Broadway. He would love to do a new show written with him in mind. I saw those gentlemen in the Kennedy Center who were honored for their writing Hamilton. They were grinning and practically salivating when they watched him sing. Maybe something will be written for him. It will be interesting to see. I doubt he will ever be sorry he worked with Brian and Roger as it is a chance in a lifetime.

I do think he will be remembered as the guy who has done covers. Or that Idol dude.
I know every can be a Freddie ( there can be only one ;-) ) but to me is obvious AL has put more time with Q+AL than even his own career.
I don't expect him to be massive at this stage of the game.
I don't think he will be sorry for touring with Brian and Roger as well, I'm sure it's good money, much more than he could have made otherwise, singing in places he would not have otherwise done.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2708 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 19:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

shoveit wrote:

Vocal Harmony You are a right one slagging me off because you go around this fucking site slagging other people off on a daily basis.
Your a two faced dirty little slag fuck you.

Try this one for size son. You go on and on that Lambert fans shouldn't be allowed on here because it's a Queen site.

Taking you're argument it's obviously not a The Cross site either. So take your stupid little name change (a The Cross song) turn it sideways and shove it up your pooper, then leave. This is a Queen site. Your words.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2708 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 19:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

When you have to have than many swear words in such a short post, there is a problem!

It's s problem most of us see, except him.

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1946 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 19:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

shoveit wrote:

SweetCaroline Rockchic, Sniflese, all obsessed with Adam but will they still be when the shows are over and ts getting closer !

Gerry not so happystar are you having some kind of breakdown this must be the 5th or 6th new moniker you've had in two weeks lol.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 19:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Actually, Adam has NOT spent more time with QAL than as a solo performer. He has performed live in more solo shows, so spending time with the legends has not taken away from his past 10 years time-wise and has been invaluable experience-wise!

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1946 posts

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 19:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Actually, Adam has NOT spent more time with QAL than as a solo performer. He has performed live in more solo shows, so spending time with the legends has not taken away from his past 10 years time-wise and has been invaluable experience-wise!

As he said in his twitter party he gets depressed when he's not busy so he seems to manage to keep both things going simultaneously, he clearly gets bored easily and loves to have lots of things happening at once. I think he'll probably do a repeat of 2015/2016 and tour both his solo music and QAL back to back, assuming his music does ok.

Miracle.

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 19:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal Harmony Everyone knows you are troll and you spoil threads with your continuous venom comments so yes i am going to swear because you are a very rude person and for been a girl i find that shocking. Other guys on here have also stated you are trouble, and have caused lots of fights on here over the years.
You are a sad pathetic nobody.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 20:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal Harmony is a SAINT compared to the other stalkers and troublemakers!

Miracle.

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 20:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sweetcaroline So you think its ok for VH to be rude about ones mental health and grammer then?
She has given me nothing but abuse on here for the past 5 years, and gets away with it.
You certainly do not know this devious character and i bet you she has other profile on here like "Thistle" which i suspect is her.

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 21:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

shoveit wrote:

Sweetcaroline So you think its ok for VH to be rude about ones mental health and grammer then?
She has given me nothing but abuse on here for the past 5 years, and gets away with it.
You certainly do not know this devious character and i bet you she has other profile on here like "Thistle" which i suspect is her.

I will say this. Sweetcaroline has made comments about what she thinks about my mental health. My father has terminal cancer, my mother is seriously ill, but she posted that they were healthier than me regarding what she thinks about my mental health. And she apparently stands by that. Just goes to show, she sinks lower and lower all the time. And thing is, if you or I posted something about AL she doesn't like or agree with, she'd be outraged. Enough to compare me to Hitler and Trump.
Sweetcaroline is no saint herself, no matter how much she thinks and says she is as pure as the driven snow...that's the funny part. At least some of us own what we do. She doesn't.
At least some here have shown my father compassion and understanding. Sweetcaroline isn't one of them. I think she's the worst without a doubt.

Posted: 03 Feb 19, 21:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You get what you deserve, shoveit, or whoever you are or have been. You are not one to talk with the crap you put all over this site. What a laugh! I cannot believe you of all people are complaining. Good for Vocal Harmony who is a voice of reason here. If you don't like it, you can always take your crappy baggage elsewhere. You will not be missed here. One more miscreant out of the way.