Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > adam lambert

forum rss feed
Author

Inspired user not visiting Queenzone.com
Inspired
Deity: 2205 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Feb 19, 18:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal Harmony the first time you attacked me was on my thread for "You & I " because you had been relatively quiet up to that point and i thought you had changed but how wrong i was.
We on here do not need you nit picking on every comment because it is a bit too much.
If you want to do that go and join The Daily Star or some crappy tabloid newspaper.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts

Posted: 08 Feb 19, 21:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Flashback Friday — Adam in Singapore, 2010:

http://youtu.be/uH_8CfrBsqM

SweetCaroline

Posted: 09 Feb 19, 03:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Another flash back — The Original High Interview:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9lt8CV-ONpE

Brancelli user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 158 posts

Posted: 11 Feb 19, 05:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

icy, if you get a chance check your inbox.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2602 posts

Posted: 11 Feb 19, 14:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Clarity wrote:

Vocal Harmony the first time you attacked me was on my thread for "You & I " because you had been relatively quiet up to that point and i thought you had changed but how wrong i was.
We on here do not need you nit picking on every comment because it is a bit too much.
If you want to do that go and join The Daily Star or some crappy tabloid newspaper.

So you basically took offence to me posting what I believe. It was still on topic and part of the wider discussion. I'd already agreed that You and I is a good song, I had a different view as to what they should have released as a second single. It was as valid as your reasoning for your view. I at that point had said nothing vaguely derogatory towards you.

Your reply to that was an attempt to imply that I didn't know about the release history of the singles and EP. You then went on to "quote" some infomation about Brian May's guitar work which I know didn't originate with you. Your musical technical knowledge from your years of posting has never explained anything musical in that way. Please don't take this as a put down it's purely an observation. At that point in the thread it felt and read like you were playing a game of one up men's ship,mad you were already beginning to argue with one or two others. On top of that you had already told another member to fuck off over a simple mistake.

I think if you were to re read the whole thread and view the whole thing with a fresh approach things may appear slightly different to what you thought you were in the middle of.

Did I set out to cause you offense? No. But I certainly set out to put my view forward which is what we all do.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 11 Feb 19, 17:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree wholeheartedly:0

“@adamlambert Was really moved by @brandicarlile last night on the #GrammyAwards2019 #TheJoke is a killer song and she sang the shit outta it. Wow.”

Inspired user not visiting Queenzone.com
Inspired
Deity: 2205 posts

Posted: 11 Feb 19, 17:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal Harmony The thread is closed so get over it.

Donald Trump user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 23 posts

Posted: 11 Feb 19, 20:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anal Lambert can’t sing for shit.... just saying...

SweetCaroline

Posted: 11 Feb 19, 20:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

“@brandicarlile Thanks Adam! Don’t even get me started on how much I love your voice...“

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts

Posted: 11 Feb 19, 21:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brancelli wrote:

icy, if you get a chance check your inbox.

Ok I will go check it now.
Eta~ Love and light <3

SweetCaroline

Posted: 11 Feb 19, 22:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wonder why GaGa chose to dress like Freddie for her Grammy performance of “Shallow.”

http://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/582484/

The Circle of Eidolon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 83 posts

Posted: 11 Feb 19, 23:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Clarity wrote:

Vocal Harmony The thread is closed so get over it.

The Circle of Eidolon viewed this post and ventured to the above mentioned thread. We found no door, gate or forcefield baring our entry. We therefore conclude that the thread is not closed it is indeed wide open for all to venture into and to experience the way you chose to conduct yourself.

Others may indeed learn much from it, in the same way that you learn nothing repeatedly.

There can be no argument, no turning of the tide or current of hate you choose to drift in.

The Circle of Eidolon has spoken

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 11 Feb 19, 23:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

I wonder why GaGa chose to dress like Freddie for her Grammy performance of “Shallow.”

http://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/582484/>
----------
She didn't dress like him at all.
I like what she did performance wise, a whole new take on the song.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 11 Feb 19, 23:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This IS a gorgeous song by Brandi Carlile and she knocked my socks off last night:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5r6A2NexF88

Iron Butterfly

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 19, 00:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think she is trying to channel Freddie by wearing that leotard and it was atrocious. She wore the same kind of outfit last time she sang a bit with QAL and that was also a travesty You folks were all talking a week or so ago about Adam copying Freddie by utilizing sunglasses, leather outfits and mic stands in his performance.. And what did Gaga do? All of the above plus some more. There was the ugly posturing, hair flipping, mike flipping, running around the stage on full display. All stereotypical things associated with a rocker, but a real rocker wouldn't be that blatant about it. I can't believe she gets a pass, but then again she is Gaga and she isn't called out all that often. I am a big Gaga fan when she isn't busy being over the top, but this was an insult to rock. It wasn't just the performance, the vocals were also shrieky. I loved that song in the movie. It was a beautiful, nuanced performance in the movie and this Grammy performance ruined it for me. I guess she thought if rock was the new thing due to BR's winning so many awards, then she needed to go for it too. Huge mistake IMO!

Posted: 12 Feb 19, 00:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think she is trying to channel Freddie by wearing that leotard and it was atrocious. She wore the same kind of outfit last time she sang a bit with QAL and that was also a travesty You folks were all talking a week or so ago about Adam copying Freddie by utilizing sunglasses, leather outfits and mic stands in his performance.. And what did Gaga do? All of the above plus some more. There was the ugly posturing, hair flipping, mike flipping, running around the stage on full display. All stereotypical things associated with a rocker, but a real rocker wouldn't be that blatant about it. I can't believe she gets a pass, but then again she is Gaga and she isn't called out all that often. I am a big Gaga fan when she isn't busy being over the top, but this was an insult to rock. It wasn't just the performance, the vocals were also shrieky. I loved that song in the movie. It was a beautiful, nuanced performance in the movie and this Grammy performance ruined it for me. I guess she thought if rock was the new thing due to BR's winning so many awards, then she needed to go for it too. Huge mistake IMO!

SweetCaroline

Posted: 12 Feb 19, 00:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam is so busy. This is his next adventure:

http://movie.playmobil.com/en/home

Iron Butterfly

Posted: 12 Feb 19, 00:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Nah, I don't think she was trying to channel Freddie. I look at it it as she wanted to do a rockier version of the song, and that she did. Not necessarily copying anyone.
I doubt she had the success of Bohemian Rhapsody in mind, she has tried new things before with her performances, and I liked what she did last night quite a bit. Bradely wasn't available to sing with her, and I think that's the reason she sang and performed it the way she did.
And it certainly has attention ;-)

Posted: 12 Feb 19, 00:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How exactly is that not copying the stereotypical rocker? That was just blatant in my opinion. She did everything rockers do with the hair swinging, head banging, mic swinging, posturing her body shrieking and I do think the leotard was because of Freddie's leotard. To me it was a parody of a rocker and not a very successful performance.. The performance in the movie was great, but this was not for me.