Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > adam lambert

forum rss feed
Author

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Feb 19, 00:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How exactly is that not copying the stereotypical rocker? That was just blatant in my opinion. She did everything rockers do with the hair swinging, head banging, mic swinging, posturing her body shrieking and I do think the leotard was because of Freddie's leotard. To me it was a parody of a rocker and not a very successful performance.. The performance in the movie was great, but this was not for me.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Feb 19, 01:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

How exactly is that not copying the stereotypical rocker? That was just blatant in my opinion. She did everything rockers do with the hair swinging, head banging, mic swinging, posturing her body shrieking and I do think the leotard was because of Freddie's leotard. To me it was a parody of a rocker and not a very successful performance.. The performance in the movie was great, but this was not for me.


It was the Grammy's. Some rock out, some pop, some rap some country. I don't look at what GaGa did was copying. It was a rock n roll performance, when AL headbanged, posturing his body what he does singing covers, genuine question was that copying for you?
Gotta take a nap, be back later if you decide to reply.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Feb 19, 01:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I said that because of the discussion here on this board about how Adam is a copy cat and does nothing new or original. The glasses (a la George Micheals), the leather outfits like Freddie and the broken mic like Freddie, all were things that he copied and not original. That discussion went on forever here just a few weeks ago. The consensus from all you guys was that Adam is a total copy cat and never does anything new. So, my question is how can all of you enjoy this performance when there is nothing new here either? It was a ridiculous parody of all the worst cliches of a so called "rocker's" performance. I don't call what you mentioned above a copycat performance, but you guys always do when it pertains to Adam, so why does Gaga's performance not get the same criticism?

Really the outfit was ridiculous, not flattering at all and the mad running around the stage had her looking demented and the vocals were shrieky at best with all the movement. I don't see what was positive about this hot mess. You can't reinvent the wheel, obviously, although most of you seem to think Adam should be able to! I think if you are going to be a rocker, you have to stick to the "rocker" stereotype. But you all criticize Adam when he does that and no way is he over the top like Gaga in this performance. It just shows the double standard to me about anything relating to Adam and then when other people do the same or worse, it is great. That was my point. I just flat out hated Gaga's performance. She was wonderful and natural in the movie and I wonder why isn't she like that normally? Don't understand her need to be someone else all the time as it comes off pretentious and just flat out fake. She is one of the most contrived artists out there. She just needs to be herself, which she was in the move, and it was lovely.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Feb 19, 03:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I said that because of the discussion here on this board about how Adam is a copy cat and does nothing new or original. The glasses (a la George Micheals), the leather outfits like Freddie and the broken mic like Freddie, all were things that he copied and not original. That discussion went on forever here just a few weeks ago. The consensus from all you guys was that Adam is a total copy cat and never does anything new. So, my question is how can all of you enjoy this performance when there is nothing new here either? It was a ridiculous parody of all the worst cliches of a so called "rocker's" performance. I don't call what you mentioned above a copycat performance, but you guys always do when it pertains to Adam, so why does Gaga's performance not get the same criticism?

Really the outfit was ridiculous, not flattering at all and the mad running around the stage had her looking demented and the vocals were shrieky at best with all the movement. I don't see what was positive about this hot mess. You can't reinvent the wheel, obviously, although most of you seem to think Adam should be able to! I think if you are going to be a rocker, you have to stick to the "rocker" stereotype. But you all criticize Adam when he does that and no way is he over the top like Gaga in this performance. It just shows the double standard to me about anything relating to Adam and then when other people do the same or worse, it is great. That was my point. I just flat out hated Gaga's performance. She was wonderful and natural in the movie and I wonder why isn't she like that normally? Don't understand her need to be someone else all the time as it comes off pretentious and just flat out fake. She is one of the most contrived artists out there. She just needs to be herself, which she was in the move, and it was lovely.


I think Lady GaGa went back to being 'outrageous' for her performance, and I'm glad she put a whole new spin, sound and look to it. I get that it's not to everyone's taste, so I'm not gonna knock you how you feel. I truly don't think think she was copying Freddie. Was she copying Justin from the Darkness? I don't think that either. And I think Justin actually was influenced Queen in more ways than one. And boy does that show!
GaGa is GaGa. I respect and admire how she isn't stuck in a box.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Feb 19, 03:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can buy that but only if the performance was outstanding and for me it was atrocious. To me she became a caricature and there was nothing either original or natural about it. I think her nose is slightly out of joint over all the love BR has gotten and she maybe decided to outrock the rocker, Freddie, AKA Rami. I really think she decided she was going to be more rock than he ever was in the movie. I am sure she has been totally surprised how BR has garnered more praise than ASIB and this is how she responded. Could be totally off base, but I wonder. I think Gaga wants to be the only center of attention. I put this performance on the level of Adam's AMA performance, that was also out of the box, but not necessarily a good thing. Meat dress, anyone?

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Feb 19, 04:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, I think “Stephanie” is pissed because Rami has been getting the best actor awards instead of Bradley. He got another one last night at the BAFTAs and Bradley was left in the cold again in London Town. Maybe he will finally get one at the Oscars?





Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Feb 19, 04:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SweetCaroline wrote:

Yes, I think “Stephanie” is pissed because Rami has been getting the best actor awards instead of Bradley. He got another one last night at the BAFTAs and Bradley was left in the cold again in London Town. Maybe he will finally get one at the Oscars?





She isn't pissed. Why you bitch at the Grammy's every year and three artists in particular nearly every year is because you are jealous as hell AL doesn't get to perform. Jealousy, look at you now, you are irrational at this point. I think you are projecting. Not as if GaGa isn't going to end tommorow because of the lack of Bradely not winning.
What are you doing here lately? You bring up Q+AL in the biopic thread, and you bring Rami up in here.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Feb 19, 04:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

I can buy that but only if the performance was outstanding and for me it was atrocious. To me she became a caricature and there was nothing either original or natural about it. I think her nose is slightly out of joint over all the love BR has gotten and she maybe decided to outrock the rocker, Freddie, AKA Rami. I really think she decided she was going to be more rock than he ever was in the movie. I am sure she has been totally surprised how BR has garnered more praise than ASIB and this is how she responded. Could be totally off base, but I wonder. I think Gaga wants to be the only center of attention. I put this performance on the level of Adam's AMA performance, that was also out of the box, but not necessarily a good thing. Meat dress, anyone?


I disagree, no hard feelings. GaGa is known to be outrageous, so her performance wasn't all that out there for me. That's the thing about GaGa, she isn't stuck in a box, and for the most part her career has been fascinating to watch for years now. The egg, the meat dress, all of it...pretty neat.
I loved her speech last night. I think it's been overlooked by her performance.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Feb 19, 04:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Personally, I wouldn't have given it to Gaga, as I liked Bradley's performance just a wee bit better than hers. She was really good and I very much liked the movie, but Bradley made the movie for me. If I had to choose, the award would have gone to him before her. That said, I don't know how to choose between Rami and Bradley. I think Rami's was harder to pull off for sure and involved so much more than just acting. But, I really liked Bradley also. I was a huge fan of the Streisand version of the movie and still prefer that one to Gaga's. The music was more rock and it appealed to me more, but for the third remake, it was awfully well done. I have no clue how the Oscar's will go. I think it is just amazing how well BR has done considering the nastiness of the critics right off the bat. Just goes to show that fans don't want to see the nitty gritty and all the sordid details like the critics were lamenting were not in the movie. BR was perfect just the way it was done and Rami did a marvelous job! How can you miss when it is about Queen with their music is woven throughout! I just think it is a shame that they don't ever do the Super Bowl and did not perform at any of the award shows this year. It was definitely a missed opportunity. They can play rings around half of the muddled singing and artists I have seen so far this year.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Feb 19, 04:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Her career is fascinating and she is definitely talented. I own lots of her music, but sometimes I do think she tries too hard to be controversial. I would like to see the real her w/o all the artifice like in the movie. I loved it when she sang with Tony Bennett. There are so many facets to her, but I can do with a little less of the way out. Her speech was lovely and much better than the song, for sure!! I really enjoyed her Super Bowl halftime show for example. Sometimes she gets it just right, but for me,not this time!

ForFreddie user not visiting Queenzone.com
ForFreddie
Bohemian: 135 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Feb 19, 05:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yuk....lady GaGa... don't like her....it's not my kind of music, but, to each his/her own.