Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > adam lambert

forum rss feed
Author

rockchic65 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1735 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 10:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BETA2015 wrote:

I f you Lambert nutters on here want all the bitching to stop then go on another site specifically for Lambert fans and stop clogging Queenzone up with rants and rows over a nobody who has never ever written a decent song .

You seem to have missed the name of this thread, Queen + Adam Lambert not Queen, plenty of other parts of the board reserved for just Queen or there would be if a few haters didn't keep bringing him into threads that have nothing to do with him.

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1658 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 12:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

It is still Queen and all their symbols because Roger and Brian are QUEEN.

According to your Lame logic Freddie John Roger and Brian were Queen plus Freddie & John. See what I did there? Do you get it or need i elaborate even more on this for the smallminded like you and your glamtarts. This is Queen minus Freddie & John

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 9349 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 14:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

snifflese wrote:

According to your Lame logic Freddie John Roger and Brian were Queen plus Freddie & John. See what I did there? Do you get it or need i elaborate even more on this for the smallminded like you and your glamtarts. This is Queen minus Freddie & John

And you are a grown man minus brain.
Get a fucking life.

We love you Mandy!
Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2602 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 18:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

snifflese wrote:

And according to yours, a band like Genesis stopped being Genesis after Peter Gabrial left, or was it Steve Hackett, or was it oh yes they carried on being Genisis even after Collins left and they Recorded and toured with Ray Wilson. . .

Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, ELP lost Palmer gained Powel then eventually reformed.

Queen is Queen. . . Still has the two guys Freddie joined. So Queen are Queen plus a singer. . . . The best guy for the job.

Inspired user not visiting Queenzone.com
Inspired
Deity: 2195 posts

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 20:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Snifflese Roger and Brian are NOT Queen just like when Freddie pointed out he is NOT Queen either that was the band name.
Queen are an incomplete band and because they are two original band members missing they are not a complete original band anymore those days are long gone.
May that is why they call themselves Queen+ who knows?

Posted: 12 Dec 18, 23:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal harmony wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

snifflese wrote:

And according to yours, a band like Genesis stopped being Genesis after Peter Gabrial left, or was it Steve Hackett, or was it oh yes they carried on being Genisis even after Collins left and they Recorded and toured with Ray Wilson. . .

Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, ELP lost Palmer gained Powel then eventually reformed.

Queen is Queen. . . Still has the two guys Freddie joined. So Queen are Queen plus a singer. . . . The best guy for the job.

How about the bassplayer you dipshit

Inspired

Posted: 13 Dec 18, 10:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Genesis Black Sabbath etc were normal rock bands and they did not have the greatest front man that ever graced a stage like Queen did in Freddie,
Mercury is the exception to the rules here and so should never have been attempted to replace.

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3903 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 18, 13:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie has not been replaced! His memory goes on and he holds a prominent place in the current concerts as well as in the current biopic movie.

Inspired

Posted: 13 Dec 18, 14:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I dont mean literally been replaced but Lambert is in his place with lead vocals, and those songs do not sound the same.
Queens music has lost soul since freddie is not there to sing those tunes

Vocal harmony

Posted: 13 Dec 18, 14:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Vocal harmony wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

snifflese wrote:

How about the bassplayer you dipshit

Which one, Doug Bogie, Mike Grose, Barry Michel, John Deacon, Pino Palladino, Danny Miranda, or Neil Fairclough?

You dipshit.

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts

Posted: 13 Dec 18, 14:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Remember the old adage, "everybody can be replaced"? However, your statement. makes it sound as if Freddie were still here and they just chose to find someone else. I am not sure you can say that. I guess the only choice is not to tour and that is not what Brian and Roger want. As it is still their band, they made the choice to find a new singer and Freddie was not replaced, he just was unavailable. What do you want them to do? Life goes on and if you stay back in the past, you are sure to be unhappy, which is your choice. There are lots of iconic bands with amazing band members, so not everyone is going to agree with your statement anyway. Saying everyone can be replaced but Freddie is just your opinion because that is your favorite band, but lots of folks have different front men they hold in the highest regard. I for one am happy the old guys (said lovingly)
have decided to carry on and bring Queen's music to many new fans that were not that familiar with the band. That is a really good thing. The 2 QAL concerts were the best I have ever been to and I have seen many iconic bands over the years, I am greatly looking forward to seeing them again in Boston this year. It is my treat to me!!

Vocal harmony

Posted: 13 Dec 18, 15:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JAZZ wrote:

Genesis Black Sabbath etc were normal rock bands and they did not have the greatest front man that ever graced a stage like Queen did in Freddie,
Mercury is the exception to the rules here and so should never have been attempted to replace.

Not true, that is a fans view. And you'll have no trouble finding fans of other bands who feel the same way about the singer in their favourite band. "Normal rock bands" some fans of some bands don't even regard Queen as a rock band. . . Normal or not.

There are no exceptions to the rule, music is art and means different things to different people and is portrayed differently by different artists.

Go and have the "Freddie was the greatest" argument with a Steve Perry fan, or a Dio or Halford fan. Go and listen to Bobby Martn from Zappa's late 70's /80's line up and try saying Freddie was a better singer or had more range.

Freddie was great, he stood out from the run of the mill singers and performers, but he wasn't the only one and there are thousands of fans of other artists who would take you to task on that

SweetCaroline

Posted: 13 Dec 18, 16:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Both Brian and Roger have said they were not looking for another front man after touring with Paul. Adam literally dropped in their laps — after Spike called him to their attention.

I remember how excited the Lambert family were down in the audience watching their son and brother performing WATC with the Queen guys for the first time.

Inspired

Posted: 13 Dec 18, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Vocal Harmony I do not have to have to query Steve Perry fans on anybody because Freddie is the greatest male rock vocalist ever, so stamp your feet as much as you want but nobody else gets a look in as far as that subject is concerned!
Freddie can blow any one away with his magnificent performances and the whole of the music industry knows he is the ultimate performer.

Posted: 13 Dec 18, 17:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JAZZ wrote:

Vocal Harmony I do not have to have to query Steve Perry fans on anybody because Freddie is the greatest male rock vocalist ever, so stamp your feet as much as you want but nobody else gets a look in as far as that subject is concerned!
Freddie can blow any one away with his magnificent performances and the whole of the music industry knows he is the ultimate performer.

Even if that were true it still doesn't alter the fact that Brian & Roger are still here and still love to play live and audiences are loving being able to see them play live. Anyone who isn't interested in the current line up doesn't have to go, no one's being forced, they're playing for the fans who want to see them.

SweetCaroline

Posted: 13 Dec 18, 21:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cute movie:

“@adamlambert Coming in 2019: #PlaymobilTheMovie!! Here's a first look at the teaser trailer and my character”

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=K-C1ys02wlU

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 10:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BJOU wrote:

I dont mean literally been replaced but Lambert is in his place with lead vocals, and those songs do not sound the same.
Queens music has lost soul since freddie is not there to sing those tunes

Let me put it like this: A once great 5star restaurant has been refurbished and all you get now is a lousy McDOnalds fast food

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 10:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MisterCosmicc wrote:

snifflese wrote:

MM - Truly milking the profits from Freddie and riding on Queen's coattails, but that is OK, because he doesn't threaten Freddie. No one would ever think he is better than Freddie, but Queen fans secretly worry that there might be some people who think Adam is a wonderful stand in for Freddie and that threatens them, so of course, they have to say they hate him. Makes perfect psychological sense. I know there are some Queen fans that don't care for Adam's voice and the fact it is not as rock as Freddie, but I think there are more who feel threatened by Adam and the accolades he is getting from concert goers.. YMMV!

Adam's voice is absolutely boring to me. No turn on. Adam isn't a threat, he's just not a rock 'n' roller. He doesn't have a powerful voice.

I'd like to see Roger and Brian do solo tours.

You just insulted the word "Boring" - it is unlistenable screeching from a karaoke twat

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 10:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

What do you want them to do? Life goes on and if you stay back in the past, you are sure to be unhappy, which is your choice.

Are you really that stupid not to see that you contradict yourself? Maylor are the ones who live in the past. Grabbing this karaoke twat and goin on endless Greatest Hits shit tours, calling this mess "Queen" (plus or minus who gives a fuck it is till not QUEEN) and pretending to be still relevant. They are a sad nostalgia cover act now. Which Freddie would hate! There would never be any Greatest Hits tours without new music if Freddie was alive.
What I want them to do?? DO soloalbums - Brian did nothing relavant in the last 20 years - that so fucking sad he could write great songs. Roger should tour his solo albums and do Deep Cuts. Maybe reform The Cross. Instead they are using this disgraceful, vehicle just to sell some tickets. They are too vain playing smaller places.

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 11:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

Maylor are the ones who live in the past. Grabbing this karaoke twat and goin on endless Greatest Hits shit tours, calling this mess "Queen" (plus or minus who gives a fuck it is till not QUEEN) and pretending to be still relevant.

You miss the point, they are playing live for thousands of fans who still want to see them, some shows sold out straight away so there's clearly a demand, why shouldn't they go out and play live if they enjoy it and the fans want it? Who want's to be doing things they don't enjoy at their age. And they aren't pretending to be still relevant, they are, it's obvious when you look beyond this board.