forum rss feed
Author

runner_70 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1659 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 13:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rockchic65 wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

Maylor are the ones who live in the past. Grabbing this karaoke twat and goin on endless Greatest Hits shit tours, calling this mess "Queen" (plus or minus who gives a fuck it is till not QUEEN) and pretending to be still relevant.

You miss the point, they are playing live for thousands of fans who still want to see them, some shows sold out straight away so there's clearly a demand, why shouldn't they go out and play live if they enjoy it and the fans want it? Who want's to be doing things they don't enjoy at their age. And they aren't pretending to be still relevant, they are, it's obvious when you look beyond this board.

At least you agree (again) that they are non relevant and a nostalgia act. A sad one

snifflese user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 936 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 16:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen is now more relevant than it has been since Freddie passed on. With the tours and now that wonderful Biopic, people are excited again about their songs and their history. You wouldn't have that many people going to a movie or the tour almost immediately selling out, if people did not find Queen relevant. Sure it is nostalgia to some point, but that is not a bad thing at all. Maybe you are convinced your rantings have some merit, but I don't think many rational people do. They have to be relevant to you or you wouldn't waste so much time on here mouthing off.

Iron Butterfly user not visiting Queenzone.com
Iron Butterfly
Deity: 3597 posts

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 22:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Queen is now more relevant than it has been since Freddie passed on. With the tours and now that wonderful Biopic, people are excited again about their songs and their history. You wouldn't have that many people going to a movie or the tour almost immediately selling out, if people did not find Queen relevant. Sure it is nostalgia to some point, but that is not a bad thing at all. Maybe you are convinced your rantings have some merit, but I don't think many rational people do. They have to be relevant to you or you wouldn't waste so much time on here mouthing off.

I don't know if it's more relevant now compared to 1992-1993, because the music was huge at that time. Barely a day went by for a couple of years I didn't hear or see Queen on radio or tv.
The biopic these days is doing wonders for Freddie and Queen. Even I'm surprised by it. I think the music and the biopic is what people will be talking about in the future.

Posted: 16 Dec 18, 22:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Still noone gives s rats ass about their current singer

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 02:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Only the millions who have almost bought out the tour in one day. They had to add dates the first day. I doubt they are going because they don't like it. The show is a wonderful musical spectacle and everyone (almost) loves it. Just read the reviews. They certainly can't all be wrong.

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 05:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Only the millions who have almost bought out the tour in one day. They had to add dates the first day. I doubt they are going because they don't like it. The show is a wonderful musical spectacle and everyone (almost) loves it. Just read the reviews. They certainly can't all be wrong.

You still think they buy tickets because of Lamebird? How delusional can you get. If they called themselves " Maylor and a twat" which would be the fitting name they would play dive Bars. They just sell tickets because they label this crap as Queen

rockchic65 user is on Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1745 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 07:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

You still think they buy tickets because of Lamebird? How delusional can you get. If they called themselves " Maylor and a twat" which would be the fitting name they would play dive Bars. They just sell tickets because they label this crap as Queen

Remind me again why the tours didn't sell nearly as well with Paul?

Inspired user not visiting Queenzone.com
Inspired
Deity: 2205 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 08:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rockchic The Tours that Paul done with Queen never had so much advertising and hype as Adam is having with Queen.
So basically it is unfair to say Adam sold out faster when in essence Paul Rodgers is a bigger dynamic artist than Adam.

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 08:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BJOU wrote:

Rockchic The Tours that Paul done with Queen never had so much advertising and hype as Adam is having with Queen.
So basically it is unfair to say Adam sold out faster when in essence Paul Rodgers is a bigger dynamic artist than Adam.

In Europe the Tickets sold equal if Not better. They played Cologne stadium with Paul in front of 26.000. With Lamebird they sold 15.000 tickets in 2015 at the same place. In America it might be different because of Lameturds AI story. In Europe noone cares about him and he still is unknown. They lost a lot of the old school rock fans here. QPR was credible QAL is laughable. And the 2019 tickets sell because of the movie hype not because of their twat singer

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 08:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BJOU wrote:

I've nothing against Paul, love him with Free/Bad Company but he wasn't the best fit with Queen for me personally. No idea what the advertising was like at the time and maybe there is more now but even the 2014 tour sold a lot more than the QPR era. IMO there are fans who obviously go because of Brian & Roger and that would have been the same with QPR as well but there's a lot who wouldn't necessarily go no matter who the singer was so to say they could put anyone there and sell out is clearly rubbish. I'm not saying they go specifically because of Adam but a lot do love the combination and plenty go skeptical and come away loving them together.

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 13:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You people are delusional. I have not read in one place other than here how the tickets sold better than in the QAL era and since we know you live in an alternate reality, I don't believe you. I have read thousands of reviews and social media postings where reporters and fans say that Paul Rogers was just not a good fit. He didn't have the range in his vocals, the right type of voice for the majority of the catalog and he had none of that sparkle you need for Queen. There was nothing about him that fit Queen. He was and is boring. Even for rock music, he is boring. It is like watching paint dry. Just because you are a musical icon (and other than here, I don't necessarily see that), it doesn't make you a good fit. It is about what you do, not who you are. That is just really shallow thinking on your part.

Vocal harmony user not visiting Queenzone.com
Vocal harmony
Deity: 2602 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 16:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BJOU wrote:

Surely if Paul Rodgers was the "bigger dynamic artist" the fact he'd teamed up with two Queen members should have generated if not more publicity then certainly more ticket sales.

When you look at the audience at a Q+Al gig it looks much more like an Queen audience back in the 80's than the Paul Rodgers fronted shows, who drew in a larger percentage of older fans of both artists and a larger male percentage.

By the 80's Queen had crossed the bounderies of hard core fandom and appealed to a huge cross section of music fans which is why they sold huge ticket numbers, which is what Q+Al are doing and which Q+PR did not do as successfully.

Sealion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 430 posts

Posted: 17 Dec 18, 16:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

BJOU wrote:

In Europe the Tickets sold equal if Not better. They played Cologne stadium with Paul in front of 26.000. With Lamebird they sold 15.000 tickets in 2015 at the same place. In America it might be different because of Lameturds AI story. In Europe noone cares about him and he still is unknown. They lost a lot of the old school rock fans here. QPR was credible QAL is laughable. And the 2019 tickets sell because of the movie hype not because of their twat singer

Get your facts straight, man. Q+AL sold 27.000 tickets 2016 in Cologne Stadium. I was there and the rain was pouring down hard in a thunderstorm, that lasted from 2 hours before, until one hour after the concert. The main station got struck by lightning that evening. It was terrifying and everyone was soaked to the bones. „Thunderbolt and Lightning - very , very frightening“ had NEVER been so true. The thunder was occasionally louder than the music in that stadium.
So, no casual or last minute attendants that night. Lol. Believe me, THAT was an adventure and a gig, that I‘ll never forget. And I‘ve seen so many...

The 15.000 were 2015 in the sold out LANXESS arena.

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 05:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sealion wrote:

runner_70 wrote:

BJOU wrote:

Get your facts straight, man. Q+AL sold 27.000 tickets 2016 in Cologne Stadium. I was there and the rain was pouring down hard in a thunderstorm, that lasted from 2 hours before, until one hour after the concert. The main station got struck by lightning that evening. It was terrifying and everyone was soaked to the bones. „Thunderbolt and Lightning - very , very frightening“ had NEVER been so true. The thunder was occasionally louder than the music in that stadium.
So, no casual or last minute attendants that night. Lol. Believe me, THAT was an adventure and a gig, that I‘ll never forget. And I‘ve seen so many...

The 15.000 were 2015 in the sold out LANXESS arena.

You are just delusional. A lot of my friends were therw and the stadium was not even half full.
Funny seeing the hate from glamtarts for Paul Rodgers (not Rogers like stupid sniffcunt is calling him). He is a musician can play instruments and write songs. Something lameturd is not able even if his life depended on it. He is a sad AI Runner up and a useless Karaoke ladyboy.

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 06:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You are just full of it, dude. If you weren't there personally, no one cares what your buddies think, they are more than likely delusional like you. If Sealion says he was there, I will take his word over yours any day of the week. Paul Roger is fine, No one says they hate him or curse about him like you do about Adam. He plays instruments and sings songs, but he is a terrible fit for Queen. Lots of singers wouldn't work for Queen, but no one here says they hate them. I just personally find him boring. I don't care for that kind of rock or his deeper, growly voice. It isn't my cup of tea. I like the hair metal and higher pitched voices and singers that are more charismatic. Playing and writing have nothing to do with vocal and being a front man. There are lots of song writers all over America. So what? That doesn't make them a great fit for Queen. The vocals are what it is all about!

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 06:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You are just full of it, dude. If you weren't there personally, no one cares what your buddies think, they are more than likely delusional like you. If Sealion says he was there, I will take his word over yours any day of the week. Paul Roger is fine, No one says they hate him or curse about him like you do about Adam. He plays instruments and sings songs, but he is a terrible fit for Queen. Lots of singers wouldn't work for Queen, but no one here says they hate them. I just personally find him boring. I don't care for that kind of rock or his deeper, growly voice. It isn't my cup of tea. I like the hair metal and higher pitched voices and singers that are more charismatic. Playing and writing have nothing to do with vocal and being a front man. There are lots of song writers all over America. So what? That doesn't make them a great fit for Queen. The vocals are what it is all about!

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 07:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

snifflese wrote:

Too bad that the ladyboy sounds like a goat then huh? No musicianship and sounding crap and looking like a retarded Clown on drugs

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 08:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

runner_70 wrote:

You are just delusional. A lot of my friends were therw and the stadium was not even half full.
Funny seeing the hate from glamtarts for Paul Rodgers (not Rogers like stupid sniffcunt is calling him). He is a musician can play instruments and write songs. Something lameturd is not able even if his life depended on it. He is a sad AI Runner up and a useless Karaoke ladyboy.

According to this there were 25,000 at the stadium, not the 15,000 you claimed - http://www.electrictunes.de/2016/05/konzertfotos-queen-adam-lambert-27-05-2016-rheinenergie-stadion-koln_006961.html

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 08:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lol dont believe anything you read. Still 25000 is also embarrassing even if it was way less. It is a 50000 stadium. What does that tell you????

SweetCaroline user not visiting Queenzone.com
SweetCaroline
Deity: 3904 posts

Posted: 18 Dec 18, 08:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay, so Marc Martel is not a “ladyboy.” He plays the piano. Does anyone know why Brian and Roger have chosen to tour with Adam instead of Marc?